Reborn Rich 재벌집 막내아들 [2022]

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just go to the Member's Shop. Buy the badge with the Haven Points - click on "buy & use it"

Ah, the first time I read the post, I didn't see the link to the shop below. Done! I noticed LSM costs 300 points while SJK is 600. Wow! I didn't have enough points to buy SJK, but looks like it is unavailable anyway. I really like it though. Great choice of him with the turtleneck sweater.

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If Micro Project slush fund belongs to Jin Yang Chul, that means the suspect is Seong Joon and the girl cousin. The secretary he fired would have told her about the slush fund. About Lee Hang Jae, I wouldn't be able to trust him again if he was capable of betrayal. The thing that threw me off is whether this betrayal was him following Jin Yang Chul's wish pushing Do Joon to the edge of the cliff because he said to Do Joon "Do you think Grandpa would have deleted the video footage?". But then his scene with Seong Joon tell us otherwise. I chose to believe he did betray.

My suspicion at the moment is Seong Jun or the girl cousin as well. (I think her name is Ye Jun?) I know she came back to Korea because of grandpa's death, but the timing could also be her relevance in the story at this point. We still don't know who's Hyun Woo's killer yet. Also, I believe it was said she's dedicated to charity/philanthropy work, but it happens to be in countries where it's easy to evade taxes. I wouldn't be surprised if she's aware of countries where it's easy to funnel slush money as well.

About Lee Hang Jae, I think he betrayed Do Jun for selfish reasons. It would have benefited him if Do Jun chose to release the footage as he would at least maintain his position next to SY's new CEO. Since DO Jun chose not to, he decided to side with Seong Jun who promised her a higher position which he actually got betrayed in the end. Anyway, I'm sure Do Jun is keeping his guard up now. We will see what happens with slush fund.

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

At this point I don't know what he will do/use it for. I'd think the slush fund's existence is important to find the murderer. But I don't think he needed to use this money yet because he's got 800 million from Dong Ki and then he's asking 1.6 billion from Young Ki for the shares he acquire from Dong Ki. And then in the next episode's preview, somehow he became the one owning the most shares of Soonyang Group. Ottokae? Did he use this money to make a collateral for more shares with someone else, like a couple of board directors.

I agree the relevance of the slush fund is a lead to his killer. I don't think he's used it yet and hope he doesn't later. The preview does have him announcing to his uncle that he's the largest shareholder. I have no ideas how he'll do it which...is the fun part of this show.

One more thing... Even though I'm indifferent about his romance with Min Yeong, she is another reason why I don't think he'll use the slush fund for his own personal gain. I can't see him disappointing her in the end. He may actually help her catch all those involved with the exchanges of these monies.

--------

SJK posted this pic of him and LSM on his IG, with the caption "I love you 할아버지". :hearties:

spacer.png

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

I think I'm going to lose sleep over the finale episode (live watching it is!). Hyun Woo wasn't the one who killed Do Joon. It was the truck behind that smashed into him. Hyun Woo's car was in the front and he was on the phone on the side when it happened.

No wonder Min Young is out to get Soonyang. They were going to reconcile and get back together. Do Joon just took over Soonyang and BAM, he dies! Now who was the one who order the kill this time? Seong Joon...? Young Ki...? All three of them are salty enough to want to kill Do Joon compared to before.

I'm shocked even Secretary Lee Hang Jae uses borrowed names to buy shares. Is that legal?

Oh. Do Joon is just as manipulative as Ling Bu Yi! He totally schemed big and far! I likeeeee (narratively, that is. Not real life).

Spoiler

Wish I've brains like this then I'll be able to help my boss in her politics at work. 🤭

@Chocolate @ktcjdrama Can I pick both of your brains? Is that 700 million Do Joon donated (saying it is from Jin Yang Chul) the slush fund? I can't remember what was the amount anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle Yes I think the donation was the slush fund from his grandfather. There is no way he would have used that money so donating it is best. In addition, his grandfather didn’t leave him anything else 😂

I also think he will die from this accident. He knew it himself that he could not change the deaths. So he should have made plans for after his death -   what are they? 😋 But if he cannot change the deaths, it also means Hyun Woo should still die in the future too otherwise that would be inconsistent?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle i am just wondering does he really die?? manipulative do jun who was aware that the broethers will eventually end up fighting but did not know that there will be an attack on him? 

In Hyun Woo's timeline, he does die. But in this instance, I really don't know. I hope he somehow survives but how do you defy fate? Plus even if he could prepare it, he doesn't know how he die. He has no memories of Jin Do Joon and since Jin Yang Chul died before Do Joon, his biography won't give him any clues.

50 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle Yes I think the donation was the slush fund from his grandfather. There is no way he would have used that money so donating it is best. In addition, his grandfather didn’t leave him anything else 😂

Damn... 700 million and he donated it all. GIVE ME THOSE MONEY! All these money gets thrown here and there in the drama, it just felt like I'm playing Monopoly and none of it feels real. 😭 I live a life whereby I buy a $24 lotto ticket for a chance of 50M and I either get nothing back or I just get $10. 😭

53 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I also think he will die from this accident. He knew it himself that he could not change the deaths. So he should have made plans for after his death -   what are they? 😋 But if he cannot change the deaths, it also means Hyun Woo should still die in the future too otherwise that would be inconsistent?

I don't know! I'm dying to know the ending and how it will end too. I hope I like the ending but even if I don't, or didn't make sense, it wouldn't take away the fact that this is a good drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is that 700 million Do Joon donated (saying it is from Jin Yang Chul) the slush fund?

I think so too... 
Very interested how the wrap up of this drama will be like. I have a friend who is waiting until all episodes aired then she will start binging. Told her already she will have her brain fried if she were to binge watch this drama, lol...   

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama it has ended....the journey has come to end so is Song Joong Ki for 2022. Allow me to discuss episode later  - 

But while admiring Joong Ki , I stumbled upon Lee Sung Min whose absence in the last few episodes were felt... very very much...its a realistic story...a story which shows that the life does not stop.... even the lovers also move on...

I love SJK more as Jin Do Joon than Hyun Woo... no , it was not because he is a third generation heir...it is because he is inquisitive and understood human beings like noone...

This is a drama which is usually different and darker from what SJK really does...but I will probably be a little bit selfish here and say I loved him more in Vincenzo... I think there could have been a better development for Shin Hyun Been's character but probably for that they might have needed to make it 20 episodes drama rather than 16 episodes.

There was someone who was posting Real Time Rating of The drama , it was coming around 40%. I think we will get the data in morning. Fingers crossed that it will cross TWOM.

Now , I sincerely hope SJK does one Rom Com and I would love to see him pair up with Kim Tae Ri...I wish they both read this and decide to do something together ;)

I wonder when will SJK come back once again on Drama because he has signed films I believe. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Just watched the finale & I personally think it was wrapped up well. The only quibble I have is the fact that the makers didn't bother to change Do Jun's face after HYW woke up. Both of them having the same face confuses the viewer that why wouldn't anyone else notice that HYW looks like Do Jun. Guess they didn't want to change Do Jun's face as we had connected with SJK playing him. 

It is sad that Do Jun lost his life so young. We rooted strongly for Do Jun & Grandpa winning when we actually started with a lead who was a lackey for the bad guys. 

The one for whom I felt even worse than Do Jun & HYW was surprisingly Seo Jun. Everyone always suspects him because he shows his feelings openly. His own father planned Do Jun's murder, planted evidence against him so that he could be the chairman & control his son. Young Ki ended up being the worst human ever....even Grandpa was a better father than him. No wonder Seo Jun was such a nut case....so much pressure from all sides. Not that I excuse any of his wrong doings just that I understand how he could have ended up this way. 

I am glad that they showed HYW surviving & managing to get revenge for both Do Jun & himself without having any money or status. Also plus points for not having HYW pursue romance with prosecutor Min young. That would have been the wrong step. Let all of Do Jun's family, friends & HYW's family live their own lives. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

I actually like the ending. I know that most people won't like it. It's definitely different from the novel / webtoon. It's definitely more grounded.

Spoiler

The opening of the episode was confusing and it plays into the parallel of having a bedridden patient being inconscious for an extended period of time. A lot of inconscious people would tell you time feels warped - hence the possibility of having the feeling of living a lifetime only to wake up some days later.

Just like someone who goes under anesthesia for surgery and wakes up 5 hours later but time felt extremely disproportionate for the patient.

It feels the writer respected the common rules of time travel and the message from present pop culture is that death / past cannot be cheated. Everything Do Jun did until his time of death already happened. It's not a different universe. It's the same timeline.

Everyone thought HW as DJ cheated in the past - but in the finale, it confirms the events have already taken place. HW was deeply traumatized because he was the accomplice behind his own future death as DJ - the ressemblance of DJ's face to HW, the whole cover-up and trauma, that's why the main protagonist couldn't remember the details of the accident. It's guilt for the concept of repentance - the idea of sacrificing himself to avenge his reborn self.

There's an interesting aspect that common pop culture on time travel - one of the common rules is that the future self cannot directly meet the past self - Affecting the past self means the future self won't be able to exist. DJ's accident was meant to happen no matter what.

I didn't mind the romance too much - after all, it's a Korean drama. It's an optional addition. Prosecutor Seo Min Young - we understand why she's nicknamed as the Grim Reaper of Soonyang. Her personal goal was to avenge her fiance's death. The romance was definitely not the best part of the show. Although, I didn't mind. There's definitely a lack of chemistry between the two leads. Despite that, I felt the writer wanted DJ's family & friends to mourn their way respectfully - even for the romance - left with the open possibility for the two lovers to meet again if they are meant for each other (should prosecutor Seo figures out the pieces left by HW as DJ).

So kudos to the show's writer to not cave in to the fanbase and sticking to the plan of delivering her own conclusion of this story.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

@Lodestar @Soju Great perspectives of the finale. I liked the ending as well. I thought it was fitting as the conclusion circled back to the origin of the story...Hyun Woo. (I think viewers who are up in arms about the ending forget that Do Jun was always Hyun Woo so to me, the end makes sense.) Before Do Jun died, he said to Min Yeong that he didn't want live like a conglomerate and clearly remembers why he was "reborn rich". So, I am happy Hyun Woo was able to return as himself, get justice for his self (plus Do Jun) and preserve the legacy of SY through Miracle for grandpa and the well-being of the employees.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I love how the drama wrapped up the story! I like that we’re shown how HW ended up working in SoonYang, and it’s connected well. We have an unexpected twist (the recorded convo) to settle the big mystery, although with a loophole, like how was HW not be punished for hiding the evidence of murder. I wasn’t surprised it was SJ’s father who ordered the kill. The moment SJ walked into his study and claimed he didn’t do it, it was quite clear already that his father ordered it, sacrificing his son. The ugliness of these people just exploded in this finale episode. All only care for the position, but never really thinking about the company/business itself. 

One thing though, I don’t quite get the narration that HW said in his car about what happened to him becoming DJ. Maybe I need to rewatch with other subs. 

8 hours ago, movingwheel said:

I love SJK more as Jin Do Joon than Hyun Woo... no , it was not because he is a third generation heir...it is because he is inquisitive and understood human beings like noone...

Isn’t JDJ we’ve been seeing essentially YHW though? 😅

8 hours ago, Lodestar said:

The only quibble I have is the fact that the makers didn't bother to change Do Jun's face after HYW woke up. Both of them having the same face confuses the viewer that why wouldn't anyone else notice that HYW looks like Do Jun.

Some people have concluded that he looks the same only to us viewers. For convenient story-telling sake. That the two of them do not look the same at all for the other characters in the drama. 

Anyway, I have really enjoyed this drama. And I too hope it will surpass TWOM in the ratings 💪🏻

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Just finished Christmas Day festivities and I had to come back to mention a few more things that I liked about the finale:

Gotta love CEO Oh. After 20 years, he left Do Jun’s desk at Miracle untouched, with his name plate still intact. It’s as if it was meant to be that Jin Do Jun would return to Miracle one day. Since Hyun Woo is basically a blend of Do Jun as well now, I think it could be said that he is back to his rightful place. It was nice that I couldn’t really detect any difference in the rapport between Hyun Woo and CEO Oh. It’s essentially the same. Love that they're running SY together (as they had originally planned).

Min Yeong. I can’t imagine her heartbreak from losing Do Jun. Just when they were about to make-up, he dies. 20 years is a long time to mourn so I was glad she was finally able to drop her black attire and wear color again...to live and feel life again. For Hyun Woo, it can’t be easy for him to restrain his feelings for her. I liked the ending did not push the romance between them as well, but delicately left it open that maybe one day there could be a second chance for something in this lifetime and letting this possibility happen naturally. I didn't care for the romance throughout the story, but the subtlety at the end worked for me.

Family is everything to me. So, most importantly, I loved that through Do Jun’s life, he was able to gain a perspective of his father’s hardships. Through a better understanding of this, he was able repair his relationship with him. I think it’s more satisfying that he was able achieve justice for himself/Do Jun and obtain SY’s management rights as Hyun Woo because it’s a bonus that he is able to provide a better life for his family now.

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some people have concluded that he looks the same only to us viewers. For convenient story-telling sake. That the two of them do not look the same at all for the other characters in the drama. 

Thanks for mentioning this here because this is how I've been interpreting the two looking alike as well.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I'm still trying to get my head around this.

I think it makes sense that the whole story begins with Hyun Woo and rightfully should end with Hyun Woo. However, we did watch the most part of the story of Hyun Woo being Jin Do Joon so it's hard not to love Do Joon more and wanted him to succeed in taking over Soon Yang. 

Few things didn't quite sit well with me:

• Hyun Woo surviving a gun shot to his head and falling off the cliff. The camera tells us he not only was shot in the head but when he fell he hit the side of the cliff too. Now that's gonna crack more bones, if not the head. And he was only in a coma for a week, no concussion, no broken bones or anything.

• How did Hyun Woo forget he is an accomplice to Do Joon's death? Or was this only in "his dream"?

• This one @ktcjdrama has highlighted - how did Hyun Woo get away from being punished by law as an accomplice? I wonder about this too. But I have an explanation for this as well. The statute of limitation for murder is 25 years. The direct murderer, Jin Young Ki died from illness. Hyun Woo was technically framed and forced to conceal the truth. Now that he confessed, the prosecution could excuse him (they did make a deal) and explain away as his life was endangered too at the time and he has no choice but to obey Soon Yang. Even if there was punishment, the court will likely let him walk – under the circumstances as being first offense and give him X hours of civil services and X years of probation etc (always hear this in SK's court cases/dramas).

• Jin Ye Jun – I keep waiting for this lady to scheme and do something interesting to help her family but I'm left with disappointment. The three young female characters in this story were so underdeveloped. Both Mo Hyun Min and Ye Jun had the potential to contribute to more damage/scheming in the story and they weren't given a chance to shine.

• Didn't Do Joon already donated that 700 million slush fund to the public??!! Or it was just "reported" that he will but he didn't get a chance to do it because he died?

I went "awww" with Oh Se Hyun being so devastated by Do Joon's death that he sold all of Soon Yang's shares and left Miracle Investment. And yes, it was nice seeing Hyun Woo back in Miracle where he rightfully belong, and claim management rights over Soon Yang. The whole time I kept wanting Oh Se Hyun to realise Hyun Woo is Do Joon because of his smarts and demeaner but I know from the physical, they look nothing alike and it wouldn't be possible for them to recognise.

I think the original ending is that Min Young and Hyun Woo got together. Since I'm not invested in the romance it doesn't bother me too much and thought it was more appropriate that they didn't get together.

Here's the part I'm trying to understand better. Seems like it's up for interpretation. It can't be reincarnation since both Hyun Woo and Do Joon existed in the same time line. Hyun Woo also said (in VIU translation) that it's neither time travelling nor possession. So the only possible explanation is "a dream". It was whilst in a coma, his subconscious made him thinks he became Jin Do Joon for 17 years. It was his conscience that put him in that "trance"...? So is that mean everything that we saw about Do Joon using Hyun Woo's knowledge of the past, and it was all real Jin Do Joon's ability to acquire Soon Yang in the end...? But then how did we explain away that after 20 years, Jin Do Joon's desk is still exactly how we were shown through Hyun Woo's dream? If Hyun Woo isn't really Do Joon then Min Young wouldn't have recollection of that statement Hyun Woo as Do Joon made about her looking different. Plenty of questions but no answers. LOL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama it has ended....the journey has come to end so is Song Joong Ki for 2022. Allow me to discuss episode later  - 

But while admiring Joong Ki , I stumbled upon Lee Sung Min whose absence in the last few episodes were felt... very very much...its a realistic story...a story which shows that the life does not stop.... even the lovers also move on...

This is a drama which is usually different and darker from what SJK really does...but I will probably be a little bit selfish here and say I loved him more in Vincenzo... I think there could have been a better development for Shin Hyun Been's character but probably for that they might have needed to make it 20 episodes drama rather than 16 episodes.

There was someone who was posting Real Time Rating of The drama , it was coming around 40%. I think we will get the data in morning. Fingers crossed that it will cross TWOM.

Now , I sincerely hope SJK does one Rom Com and I would love to see him pair up with Kim Tae Ri...I wish they both read this and decide to do something together ;)

I wonder when will SJK come back once again on Drama because he has signed films I believe. 

Yeah. It has ended. 😭 God knows when we'll another good show like this. Good thing is SJK chooses good scripts. Although Arthdal Chronicles wasn't very well-received by SK, but personally I liked the story and the characters (esp. him as Saya). Vincenzo, I'm sure you know I love/enjoy the show as well. So all in all, all latest 3 dramas been really enjoyable for me. I hope the next will be just as good too.

The final rating didn't surpass The World of the Marriage, unfortunately. It was clocked at about 26%+. I wanted it to be Top 1 since I'm not a fan of scandalous drama like World of the Marriage. Haha.

Let's get together again for Daesang Arts Award in May 2023! I'm rooting for Lee Sung Min winning a Daesang!

Oh oh! Did you see the dating news? 🤭 British GF looks pretty.

img.gif

img.gif

Spoiler

img.gif

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

We have an unexpected twist (the recorded convo) to settle the big mystery, although with a loophole, like how was HW not be punished for hiding the evidence of murder.

He wasn't punished because the murder of DJ happened 20 years ago. The statute of limitations for murder cases, at the time, was 15 years. HW and SJ cannot be held accountable - even with the confession with the recording submitted as evidence.

Prior 2007, it was 15 years.
Past 2007, it is now 25 years.

DJ died in 2004.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@mademoiselle i loved Arthdal Chronicles..... They should have done this one....

I saw british GF... he can date whosoever he wants....I think SJK as a guy is very practical... look at the way his friendship with all the actors...he gets invited in almost all celeb weddings..he must have very high EQ...the projects he choose...it screams that he is a person who likes to do things according to the norms of world..

I too am rooting for Lee Sung Min to win big in Daesang...

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

• Hyun Woo surviving a gun shot to his head and falling off the cliff. The camera tells us he not only was shot in the head but when he fell he hit the side of the cliff too. Now that's gonna crack more bones, if not the head. And he was only in a coma for a week, no concussion, no broken bones or anything.

My gripe too. But it’s a fantasy drama, I will let it pass, haha...

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The final rating didn't surpass The World of the Marriage, unfortunately. It was clocked at about 26%+. I wanted it to be Top 1 since I'm not a fan of scandalous drama like World of the Marriage.

My thought exactly! So sad RR is not above 28%... Never mind. We wait for the next masterpiece 💪🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

The biggest problem I had with the denouement is that it took too long to get there. One episode even if it's about 90 minutes wasn't enough to do justice to Hyeon-woo's so-called redemption or atonement. At the back of my mind I always had the feeling that Hyeon-woo could have survived. K dramas are notorious for bringing people back from the dead so I never discounted the possibility that his shooting would not be the end for him. So the show did a Life on Mars/"Inner Light" -- which I'm fine with but it never addresses the elephant in the room about both men being doppelgangers or not.

It is also very convenient too that Sung-jun loses it in the end in spectacular fashion in front of the cameras when really he could have dodge the issue by pretending that he didn't know what his father got up to. He could have denied knowledge of everything. Afterall he should be rather resentful of his father for allowing him to be the scapegoat of rumours for the better part of 20 years. This would be his opportunity to clarify his position, to distance himself from his father's actions, get some PR currency. And Mason Oh's 20 year seclusion? I don't buy it. Why didn't he go back to the States? What happened to Rachel? And if Mason was that bitter about being privy to the Soonyang infighting, why was he so easily talked into helping Hyeon-woo?

It just feels like everything got wrapped up because it was time to. It was too easy.

If indeed as the finale would have us believe that Hyeon-woo took this soul journey just to see justice done for Do-jun and for his atonement then why the focus on the family squabbling ad nauseum when love of Min-yeong seems to be the final push as to why he decides to surrender the recording that implicates Jin Yong-ki of killing Do-jun. It's a recording that he kept for 20 years as some kind of .... what? Insurance? Blackmail? Was he ever going to use it? Why keep it if he was just going to be Soonyang's lapdog? If he already knew that Jin Do-jun was going to be killed by his uncle, wouldn't he have been a lot more leery or vigilant around him? On the day of the accident shouldn't he have taken precautions? Shouldn't he have recognized the location? 

The so-called "realistic" ending doesn't make sense. The usual problems arise when writers try and suddenly go realistic at the end when the rest of the show has strong fantastical elements all throughout. And they tend to be very selective about what to be realistic about. There's no way it's just one long bad dream because Hyeon-woo's feelings for Min-yeong are real. And opportunities are lost when the show pretends that what happened to Hyeon-woo can easily be explained away. For one I'm interested to know how much of Jin Do-jun is Hyeon-woo and vice versa? 

I'm not saying that the finale invalidates what came before but the narrative emphasis is rendered somewhat unnecessary in parts. By Episode 12 or even earlier, we know that the company won't survive long in the hands of the family. In fact, unpopular opinion -- instead of focusing on the family squabbles, the romance should have had an expanded role because in the end this is what causes Hyeon-woo to "do the right thing" by Do-jun and Min-yeong. Watching Episodes 2-15 one gets the impression that the romance is relatively unimportant in the overall scheme but then when the finale comes along, it feels like we should have been privy to a lot more between them to get the sense of how much they loved each other to the point that she's wearing black for 20 years in his memory.

This is my problem with K drama endings of late. Introducing new information in the conclusion to "surprise" (although who killed Do-jun is not any real surprise) the audience is what makes a lot of these shows unsatisfying in the landing. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma I agree that the show would have benefited from 1 or 2 more episodes. But I have to disagree that HYW released the tape because of his love for Min Young. It was the plan all along....we are shown HYW & Mr. Oh discussing how everything went according to his plan. They did a bait & switch execution....brought SY for investigation regarding the slush fund in front of the entire nation & then turned into an expose of Do Jun's murder. HYW & his family members were being followed so he sent his brother at the very end to retrieve the hidden usb. I don't think MY was aware about HYW's connection to DJ's death. HYW kept this ace in his sleeve until the very end. HYW knew that Seo Jun would explode at him having the audacity to rebel against SY...we could see this in the very 1st epi. 

Regarding HYW going scott free....the statutory time has already gone by. The SY family members were also not punished for the murder as Young Ki was already on death's doorstep. But they were forced to abdicate from SY's management because of it. Also it was clear from the recording that HYW had no idea about Do Jun's murder at the time when he witnessed it & he informed it immediately to his superior. People already know that SY attempted to murder him when he discovered the slush fund. So it is very natural that he would have been treathened to keep his mouth shut about the murder. 

I interpreted HYW living DJ's life during coma as a fantastical intervention. HYW had suppressed his memory of witnessing DJ's murder because he couldn't live with the immense guilt. So this time spent as DJ in the limbo triggered him. Plus it gave him the strength to come out of his servile mindset. He gained confidence as DJ to fight against SY as HYW. HYW was always very intelligent even without the necessary higher education....he didn't get to managerial level of SY just because he was servile towards the top brass. He took the decisions as DJ which DJ might have already made but their motivations were different. The only time that HYW actively tried to use his knowledge of future was when he wanted to prevent his father from losing his job so that his mother lived. Other times he would use his knowledge passively & most of the times he would reach a certain decision first like wanting to withdraw Miracle's US investments to have influx of money to pay off their investors & then remember that 9/11 incident would be happening so it was a good move anyway. 

Edited by Lodestar
Edit
  • Clapping Hands 2

I think what would have made things less of a whiplash for me was that they could have ended DJ's narrative in eps 14 (assuming they want to keep it to 16) and gave us more time for the final arc of the plot. The problem I had was that I loved DJ so much and felt so invested in his journey that I felt like someone pulled the rug from under me by the end of episode 15. I understand that that could very well be the writer's intention but you see we spent close to 15 episodes with DJ , that I felt nothing for HW. I know essentially they are one and the same,  but that didn't translate on screen. I believe that because they quickly wanted to wrap things up , things fell in place a tad to conveniently for my liking . In particular the recorded handphone call - I am still wondering how that happened. Would HW then have the sound of mind to record the call given that he wasn't even aware that he was being used to cause DJ's accident? 

Overall the ending was alright (not perfect considering how good some of the earlier episodes were)  and I did enjoy this drama. A very engaging watch throughout .  It wasn't as bad as some comments I saw on twitter but the last episode felt so rushed that it didn't carry over the tone from the earlier parts of the show. I think I felt Lee Sung Min's absence towards the end, though I understand that he had to die in order for the story to move forward.  

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring