Flight to You 向风而行 [2022-2023]

I have watched 2 episodes. The pace picks up in Ep 2 when the department that she is in gets closed down and she would be reassigned. She is a freight pilot with several years experience and is about to be made captain when this happened. She is an outspoken character who is good at what she does , and knows it too - and that is where the clash of personalities with Nanting starts. Nanting as mentioned by @movingwheel is a stickler for rules and though he is strict , he is fair. He is one of the flight directors for Passenger Services ( commercial planes) and is also an instructor. But things get off to a bumpy start for them as he doesn't approve her overconfidence in taking risks. She argues that she wasn't breaking the rule but he feels that she should err on the side of caution.

As fate would have it, an organisation restructuring and the retirement of her beloved mentor resulted in Cheng Xiao being reassigned to fly commercial planes. Though she & her team are more than skilled to do so, handling cargo and freight require different mindsets, and there were reservations if they could transition into this job. What CX doesn't know is that  within the organisation, there are also some who are rather sexist who think that women shouldn't be pilots ( in fact she is the only female pilot with this airline).  NT is the one who felt that gender should not matter, and had wanted CX to be given a chance. CX and her team mate were tested - she protested this as she felt that it was an insult to her track record and experience. But nevertheless, she had to go through it. She aced the test but NT wasn't particularly pleased with her attitude and her cockiness. However, he recognised her skills and so she was accepted to fly commercial with the caveat that she goes for training under him in Australia for 2 months.

So I think CX's "arrogance" may be a bit hard for some audience to accept. I personally think that she could bring this down a notch but I don't find her irritating as some other viewers on other platforms seem to be complaining about. She's just really good at what she does , and I think that she has this little chip on her shoulder only because she has had to prove herself very much to be in this male dominated industry. ( I would say this is quite a different personality that TSY has taken on compared to her other shows) .

And the 2nd lead here - the Head Mechanic , was also TSY's love interest in Master Of My Own. He was that college guy that she crushed on who turned out to be quite a user. Hope his character here is better - seems like a nice guy and is good friends with NanTing. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM i think finally i am getting used to the pace of C Drama.... when I watch too many K Dramas ... I often forget how slow C Dramas are. Specifically when you just watched a drama like Reborn Rich before this one.

As you said , I can never find TSY annoying but she can be a little less hyper and vocal in terms of presenting her opinions. The Landlord guy she chats with everyday is actually Gu Nanting. I am wondering what will happen when both of them find out. !

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I am only up to eps 5 @movingwheel. I believe that @SilverMoonTea is even more ahead of me in spite of starting later :laugh:..

I can kind of understand why he's strict with her - its because she's really good that he wants to ensure she doesn't get ahead of herself. Too bad she thinks that he is the reason she's getting demoted twice. If only she knew that this was to save her from getting fired. I get the chip on her shoulder - she has to be twice as good just to prove herself since she's female. I hope she realises the big snake who wanted her fired was the same guy she went and lodge a complaint to. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm flying and already on ep 12 @abs-oluteM😆

The pace picking up fast during their training to Australia. A lot of my favourite scenes came from this part. How random he turned up at her room just to show how to fold a blanket properly 😅 It's very funny coming from the super strict instructor. He kept worrying about her all the time, and the way he carrying him princess style is just too sweet. Not to mention making her that weird soup after she got splashed by ice water.

Other favourite part is when he dragged her out in Sanya while she's just leisurely swimming on the sea and didn't even remotely in any danger. I guess his PTSD is real and very bad too at that. The poor guy kept being reminded of his girlfriend. This girlfriend actually felt having quite close personality to Yuheng to me. The sweet type who seems to be dependent of him. While our girl is very stubborn and have her own way everytime. 

As of the office politics, I think their boss are quite weird. He seems eager to punish and demote her but don't really want her to quit either. She actually handle each of her demotion pretty well, and it gave her some humble lesson in life. So probably their boss weird plan is in a way working 😅

Lastly, I love taking plane so I enjoyed aviation story quite a lot. I did watched couple of documentary about flight which fell down due to various reason. So in a way Nanting overtly cautious regime should work well for safety in this industry. He even don't want to fly when the wiper is broken, and prefer to have the flight delay. In my knowledge, there is some hefty fine if the plane is being delayed and sometimes pilot rushing because of this. 

• Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Other favourite part is when he dragged her out in Sanya while she's just leisurely swimming on the sea and didn't even remotely in any danger. I guess his PTSD is real and very bad too at that. The poor guy kept being reminded of his girlfriend. This girlfriend actually felt having quite close personality to Yuheng to me. The sweet type who seems to be dependent of him. While our girl is very stubborn and have her own way everytime. 

I thought that was a bit extreme for him to pull her out though we know it's his past trauma that's kicking in. From CX's perspective , I can clearly see why she would think he is picking on her.

That said , CX does has some way to go where understanding protocols are concerned and also giving respect to hierarchy. While I know she was trying to protect the FAs during the Sanya flight, the right thing would be to bring this up to the Captain first before making any decisions as big as calling the cops. This is basic common sense as the Captain is in charge. She did recognise that she was wrong but of course passengers are not as forgiving. But being demoted to Ground Handling was a bit harsh. Again she thinks this is Nanting's decision. She doesn't realise that Director Jiang is the one who actually doesn't want her around. He's a snake - he makes Nanting do the dirty work. 

I find YuHeng rubbing me the wrong way. She is sweet etc but I get a feeling it's kind of fake. Hahahahah...maybe I am already building up a prejudice since she is the 2nd FL. But I wonder why she even wants to be a FA when she has so many phobias from the water to air turbulence. This job needs a strong heart. LOL 

• Insightful 1

Eps 10 is by far my favorite. Finally there's a change in the relationship dynamics between NanTing and Cheng Xiao. She discovered his jacket on her shoulders and found out from Mr Ni that it was Director Jiang who wanted to move her to Ground Services . You can see marked change in her expressions towards him. I like that she apologised quickly - a trait I appreciate about her. And Mr Ni was indeed the MVP of the episode , arranging things in such a way that CX can be moved back to becoming a pilot. I agree with him that it would do no good for NT to openly oppose Director Jiang. Jiang is sneaky and two-faced. 

CX's mum is one kind. Cannot stand mothers like her who want to control everything their children do. I believe the chip on CX's shoulder is very much to do with her having to prove herself to mother that she can succeed in this industry. 

Film making

Spoiler

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

While I know she was trying to protect the FAs during the Sanya flight, the right thing would be to bring this up to the Captain first before making any decisions as big as calling the cops. This is basic common sense as the Captain is in charge. She did recognise that she was wrong but of course passengers are not as forgiving.

I felt the way CX handling this issue a bit confusing. So YH don't want this to be reported to the captain, pretty sure she felt embarassed to her love interest. But while CX agree not to reported this, in the end she called police which make the issue broadcasted even to larger scope and for sure now it will go to the captain. So I felt eventhough she have interest to protect FA, she clearly didn't think through this or even some part of it maybe her own interest to be seen as great protector. 

I find YuHeng rubbing me the wrong way. She is sweet etc but I get a feeling it's kind of fake. 

I hope they don't make her become scheming lady. So far I didn't disliked her character. Eventhough it's a bit insulting she covered up the promotion from her friend lols and thought she will be salty. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

found out from Mr Ni that it was Director Jiang who wanted to move her to Ground Services .

Hide contents

I found it interesting that Mr. Mechanic have stronger political connection than Mr. Flight Director lols. I do like his character here. I hope they also don't turn him into some scheming evil guy like in Master of My Own. 

Posting this schedule here to save our life 😂

20221229-193934.jpg

Forgot to call my favourite people @IpohBanana@40somethingahjumma😂 Maybe you guys want to consider watching this. 

• Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea @movingwheel Are you both up to speed?

Love Ep 13 & 14 - CX is jealous and I am all for it. I had a feeling given the personality traits written for her that she'd be the 1st to reveal how she feels. NanTing is a lot more reserve - we won't see it in his expressions but his action will always speak louder than words. The whole emergency situation in ep 14 was very exciting. More importantly , Gu Nanting who's such a by the book person, breaks all protocol and goes in to save CX. Just a matter of time for him to realise that CX may mean more than just his student. 

• Clapping Hands 1

@SilverMoonTea @movingwheel Are you both up to speed?

Love Ep 13 & 14 - CX is jealous and I am all for it. I had a feeling given the personality traits written for her that she'd be the 1st to reveal how she feels. NanTing is a lot more reserve - we won't see it in his expressions but his action will always speak louder than words. The whole emergency situation in ep 14 was very exciting. More importantly , Gu Nanting who's such a by the book person, breaks all protocol and goes in to save CX. Just a matter of time for him to realise that CX may mean more than just his student. 

Yes I found that scene when he save her is amazing. Like so many sparks and sizzling hot chemistry. 

I'm always up to date everyday don't worry:lmao2:

• Haha 1

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM yep , I am also up to date.... I loved how they found out about them being neighbours and her being his tenant.... The Face he made,....there is a reason we love WK...

He knows but he tries to show that he does not know.... Oh God , It was soo funny.;...  

so somebody has written this on MDL...

Glutinous rice in Chinese is ”糯米” and Waffle is same pronunciation “wa 夫”, so putting together one word of each is “懦夫” means “coward”. So CX is hinting that GNT is coward for not returning the strip badge in person and have to ask Song Song to do it. This was very subtly explained by Song Song when he left GNT office.

(Copied from mydramalist)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I am up to eps 18. And you know CX is not your typical girl next door. I have to admire her drive & tenacity. Even when it comes to love, she is not passive about it. I am amused at how hard Gu NT is  trying to ignore her "advances" . :laugh:. For tsunderes like him , he'll need something to provoke those real feelings. Head Mechanic is seeing CX in a different light...hmmmm...

As to Yu Heng...to be fair she hasn't done anything bad and she's not like a horrible 2nd FL. If anything she's really kind seeing how she treats CX's bestie and Song. But still, I can't seem to warm up to her. :heiboi:

• Like 1