Tracer 트레이서 [2022]

Tofu

28 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

And what is In Do Hoon trying to achieve? He flip flops between his father and VC Min, seems too soft-hearted to be corrupt, but can't stand to be beaten by Dong Joo.

You got his character on point 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle I missed a whole company! So is Jaesong dirty too?

And what is In Do Hoon trying to achieve? He flip flops between his father and VC Min, seems too soft-hearted to be corrupt, but can't stand to be beaten by Dong Joo.

4th Div Director is the killer in Beyond Evil right? He is quite good. His villian is really unlikeable - don't need to worry I will feel sorry for him 😂

Aiyoh, that emoji is making me worried. I was hoping Div 1 director would be a good person - he seemed to be protecting Oh Young earlier.

Hahaha yeah you totally miss a family/company 😆. You sure you want spoiler now? Ok, if you do then click into spoiler. If not, you know what to do.

Spoiler

Yes. Jaesong is dirty too. The old man even used XXX as bargaining chip. I shall not say more as I want you to be surprised.

This show's subtitles are so quick that it's really hard to keep track, but the company's names that keeps popping up are PQ, Jaesong, Myung Joo (Hye Young's deceased father's company) and Sancho Bank.

In Do Hoon - he's between a rock and a hard place. His arc will be touched on in S2 and what he wants will be clearer.

Yes! 4th director is the serial killer in BE. He's also in Grid. As for 1st division director, there will be more on him in S2. The only director that the show didn't touch on is 2nd division, eh? LOL. It's funny how all these supposedly experience Directors couldn't beat Dong Joo's wits. Even In Tae Joon himself acknowledged Dong Joo and told one of them Dong Joo is better at playing "the game" than them.

• Insightful 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 4:55 PM, Chocolate said:

So, is VP Min also dirty? Or was it a long time ago and she's changed? Or was it her insecure husband?

I think her husband just forced her to protect Sanjo Bank 17 yrs ago. But my hunch is just based from what we've seen in Ep 10. 

I remember when Chief Oh asked Dong-joo why he chose him instead of Min, he said something like because she didn't really work hard to earn her position, that she only got there because of her family's connections.

• Insightful 1
On 4/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, Chocolate said:

I'm quite intrigued. The author of this tweet about Im Siwan is followed by Barack Obama 😂 I wonder why? 🤔

What?? Apparently this person is also followed by Starbucks and Grammys :wow2: Lol I've no idea though we sometimes interact haha.

7 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Thanks again @Kriysw!

Our pleasure!

• Haha 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At the end, In Tae Joon was a sympathetic villain. In a way, he was pushed into it by his friend’s betrayal and wanting revenge on his wife’s family. But he was also not strong enough to withstand the attraction of power.

I’m a relative newbie to kdramas and only started watching in 2020. But I have binged a lot of the older acclaimed ones since then. Tracer is unique for kdramas and in terms of plot and dialogue, one of the best. Im Si Wan was an enjoyable watch. I think if the rest of the cast had been more “powerful”, the drama may have done better. A pity it is under-rated.

Thanks again to @Kriysw and her team. Without the subs, many would have missed a great drama.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2