It's Beautiful Now 현재는 아름다워 [2022]

Tofu

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for YJ and Ms. Shim, I can see him proposing a contract marriage or something.

In episode three, it seems like all of them will propose a contractual marriage or similar. Soo Jae is asking the baker girl to marry him and in return, he'll sell the apartment and give her 30k to start her business. 

Oh. I actually love the actor who is playing the soon-to-be-ex, but I wish he would get cast in some meatier roles. Not sure what happened to him because he was doing really well for awhile, and then disappeared for awhile, and now he shows up in cameos and minor roles.

Me too, I like the actor who plays him. I last saw him as the stylist friend in Dinner Mate. Maybe he'll have a redemption arc and becomes the new male lead instead of Yoon Shi Yoon? :lmao2:

Also, I rather love the relationship between the grandfather and the father. They let us know early on that the father had been adopted by the grandfather rather than being of his bloodline, so I wondered whether that was material to the story, e.g. birth secrets or long lost relatives showing up later on.

I think it would because he's looking for his lost daughter. I wonder if they will go down the makjang path and make the lost daughter like Mi Rae's mom or something like that? Haha!

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Me too, I like the actor who plays him. I last saw him as the stylist friend in Dinner Mate. Maybe he'll have a redemption arc and becomes the new male lead instead of Yoon Shi Yoon? 

No, not for me. As much as I like Lee Hyun Jin, I like Yoon Shi Yoon more. He's had a number of projects which weren't the best, so I'm hoping that he does really well with this drama.

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think it would because he's looking for his lost daughter. I wonder if they will go down the makjang path and make the lost daughter like Mi Rae's mom or something like that? Haha!

Urk! I hope not! That would actually be all kinds of suck. Though, I guess they will have to bring more angst somehow to the drama since there are so many episodes to fill. Sigh. @Tofu, maybe you should become a kdrama writer??? :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

He's had a number of projects which weren't the best, so I'm hoping that he does really well with this drama.

I actually do not remember the last YSY drama I watched -- maybe Your Honor where he played twins? Were any of this more recent dramas good? I feel like we talked about one before but I can't remember what it was called. I would want YSY to remain the male lead as the drama is center around him, even his name is in the title. It's just so strange to me that it happened to Yoon Park so with every weekend drama, I think about the possibility of that happening again -- maybe it's just a Yoon Park thing? :laugh:

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

maybe you should become a kdrama writer???

Or it just shows that I watch wayyyy too many dramas. :lmao2:

I think it would sucked if that happened, but not out of the realm of possibilities too. You know, I'm actually curious how Hyun Jae and Mi Rae will end up getting together. Will they wait until the divorce proceedings are finished or will they start now? 

• Haha 3

I just finished episode 4 and Soo Jae is speeding up his process as the other two are still trying to navigate theirs. 

Yoon Jae went on a blind date and I can't tell if he enjoyed it or not. He seems perplexed about her asking him to buy a car. In the preview, he is going to mistaken Ms. Shim for the girl on the blind date and somehow all three of them are connected?

The divorce proceedings ended because of Mi Rae's grandma. She let the ex's mom had a piece of her mind when they met up. The ex mentioned before that he wouldn't stop unless his mom did. The meeting with the grandma was enough for the mom to tell her son to cancel the marriage. 

I like the small gestures between Mi Rae and Hyun Jae. Both are starting to enjoy each other's company without realizing it. I thought it was cute when Hyun Jae exchanged the meat on Mi Rae's plate for some freshly grilled ones. 

Hyun Jae's ex or first love shows up at the end of episode 4 so interested to see what comes of that. 

@stroppyse, Mi Rae's mom says she adopted so that silly theory I threw out for fun might be true. :laugh:

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

I actually do not remember the last YSY drama I watched -- maybe Your Honor where he played twins? Were any of this more recent dramas good?

The ones I was thinking of were "Train" which dealt with parallel universes and "Psychopath Diary" which had him playing an amnesiac who thinks he may be a psychopath because he had a real psychopath's diary in his possession, and finds that being a psychopath gives him a certain respect that was lacking in his real life. Blech.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Mi Rae's mom says she adopted so that silly theory I threw out for fun might be true. :laugh:

Ooh, you psychic! Great, now I know that this drama will probably have all kinds of makjang elements.

• Haha 2
On 4/10/2022 at 9:42 AM, stroppyse said:

Is this something that comes up in ep 2? I know that he didn't want to tell his boss about his brother the dentist, but HJ explained that as not wanting to mix his personal and work situations.

I only felt it in eps 2. Just now in eps 3 , I didn't feel anything - it was clear that he treats her like the boss and also since they attended the same college, she is his senior and he does treat her like an older sister. Anyhow, she has her sights set on the older brother though older brother finds her strange. :laugh:

I am enjoying this show more than I had expected ( am done till eps 3) .  Even the exhausting relatives are bearable because the core family ( the 3 brothers , grandpa and parents) are just lovely folks and adorable. I particularly like the competitiveness between the 3 boys. Can't wait to see who will get "married" first.

Mi Rae's mum makes me strangely uncomfortable. It's like things the mum also strives to be that perfect mother, wife, and daughter in law. 

I feel like she may just explode one day. Not a fan of MR's grandma. 

Anyway let me tag a few folks who may enjoy this @ktcjdrama @Nohamahmoud2002 @Mizv

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway let me tag a few folks who may enjoy this

Thanks for the tag! I will watch this, lots of my favorites here and story seems refreshing, but I decide not to start now. Too busy, and since this is a 50-episode long drama, I can start later 😆 I still have to go see my King of Pigs 😆 I should have more free time around end of May. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I caught eps 4 earlier in the week. 

Though I didn't like MiRae's grandma, at least she ensured her daughter in law didn't get bullied and MR's marriage finally got canceled! Hurray. Cause I was wondering how long this would drag on. 

On 4/11/2022 at 5:21 AM, Tofu said:

I like the small gestures between Mi Rae and Hyun Jae. Both are starting to enjoy each other's company without realizing it. I thought it was cute when Hyun Jae exchanged the meat on Mi Rae's plate for some freshly grilled ones. 

Hyun Jae's ex or first love shows up at the end of episode 4 so interested to see what comes of that. 

Yes, it was nice to see him lower his guard with her - something which everyone else seem to notice. Looks like he's developed a bit of a soft spot for her, and she clearly admires him. But given that his ex has shown up ( and we have a load of episodes to go) , I doubt there will be much progress between the two. 

Little brother is the sneakiest of the 3 isn't he? ahahaha. His brothers are seriously trying to go on dates but he's already set himself up in a fake relationship. LOL 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

MR's marriage finally got canceled! Hurray. Cause I was wondering how long this would drag on. 

Agreed! I was afraid that because it's a family drama with lots of episodes, this was going to get dragged on. I'm glad it was resolved quickly, but not we have to get through the ex-girlfriend stuff with Hyun Jae. 

Little brother is the sneakiest of the 3 isn't he? ahahaha. His brothers are seriously trying to go on dates but he's already set himself up in a fake relationship. LOL 

Yoon Jae and his dating life reminds me of my friend. He's 36 and he recently started using dating apps. He's talked to multiple different people and each time, the conversation comes back to money/finances. This all makes sense because when you're in your 30s, you want financial stability in your life. However, I don't know if I agreed with his date wanting him to purchase a car when there's no need for it. I think if you have good public transportation where you live, it's not necessary to own a car. 

He is and I hope he doesn't break her heart because she's such a sweet girl!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Everything seems to be progressing naturally for the Hyun Jae and Mi Rae. She recognizes her feelings for him, but he has yet to figure out his. Hyun Jae finds Mi Rae adorable, but I don't know if he knows that means he likes her. In the preview for next week, it seems like she'll confess first (she's such a bright person). You know....thinking about it again, maybe he does recognize his feelings because he said he never thought he would love again, but love found him for a second time. I don't think he was referring to the ex, but Mi Rae as the love that came to him. 

IBN-01v2.gif

The maknae couple continues to be cute, as always. Can't wait to see both of them learn that they actually like each other. Hae Joon -- that girl must be so smitten by Yoon Jae to ruin his TV appearance like that. However, it worked because they went out for dinner. :lmao2:

A parent does not have to be someone who shares the same DNA. I love watching this father and son duo. I hope nothing happens to them. :letalQQ:

I like Ji Seung Hyun, who plays the younger version of Haraboji, so it's a plus to see him in this. 

Episode 7 Preview

• Heart Eyes 1
9 hours ago, Mizv said:

Love this show—-  excuse me if I sound drunk.   Am currently on meds for Covid.   This thing sucks 

Oh dear. Get well soon.

Glad you're watching this with us. I love this show ...just that I had a very busy few days and will catch up on this soon. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I believe I have my head screwed on correctly now.   Feeling recovered but still positive. Had to avoid coming here commenting like a looney bin. 

Currently, am still isolated.  So will probably posting a lot this week…. Thank goodness for kdramas to pass the time. Can’t complain, I have a long long list to catch up on. 

First off the title of this drama is too frequently used.  Wish a bit creativity with the title.  Just for my own habit I need to say IBN to avoid saying BLWL.

when I watch IBN it’s a nice cozy comfortable drama to be.  As the other dramas currently watching giving my heart palpitations. 

• Haha 1

I just caught up with last week's episodes. Love them. Somehow this show, unlike many family dramas, has many decent and likeable characters. I think that helps a lot with the retention of my interest. My favourite is still the interactions between the 3 brothers. I love that the other two saw through the youngest sibling and his scheme. :laugh:But of course, both Soo Jae and Yoo Na are already attracted to each other despite saying that they won't like each other ever . It's only a matter of time.

Like @Tofu , I love how Hyun Jae and Mi Rae's love line is developing - quite natural and at a good pace. MR's pretty much crushing hard on HJ , and is aware of it. HJ is not quite aware yet though I think he's quite attracted to her simple and candid personality. I find her very sweet - she's very sheltered and somewhat innocent but kind of refreshing too to have a FL like that. The only thing is that his ex is gonna be one horrible clingy woman.

@Mizv Thankfully, unlike BLWL this doesn't have some secret suicide pact from the past that could potentially wreck the leads development. :BulbaConfused: Though like any good family drama there will be some birth secrets...seems like MR's mum could be haroboji's real daughter. 

New stills

Poor Yoon Jae...his TV appearance got cancelled thanks to Hae Jun. Actually it was quite scary how aggressive the blind date and HJ were going after him, LOL

optimize

202204231148306310_1.jpg

Are you still watching this @stroppyse?

• Like 2

I just completed eps 8 and that ex gf of Hyun Jae is so irritating. She dumped HJ then and now that she is getting a divorce , she wants HJ back. But what makes it worst is that she is confusing Hyun Jae...:lettalKWA:. In the preview it seems like he's still got some old wounds that need to be healed. I just want to see MR and HJ progress a bit more. It's quite clear that there are good feelings between the two, but this ex is complicating things. I like MR a lot and won't want to see her get hurt. 

The other two love lines are adorable - YuNa and Soo Jae feeling confused with whether they are just only friends...bahahaahh that almost kiss. I bet it won't happen. And Yoon Jae with HJ's boss. Their scenes are quite funny but wait till he finds out that it was her who got him kicked out of the TV programme . Then all hell will break loose! :laugh:

• Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM What I don't understand is that Hyun Jae is very upfront about not wanting to pursue a relationship with his ex, but his actions are showing the complete opposite. It feels like he is constantly being guilt tripped into doing things for her. It's a bit odd to me. 

With the ex, isn't she in this situation because her husband was having an affair but she was also having one too? What happened to the guy she was having the affair with? And why is she going around doing all of this when she should be at home with her children....

On 4/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, abs-oluteM said:

And Yoon Jae with HJ's boss. Their scenes are quite funny but wait till he finds out that it was her who got him kicked out of the TV programme . Then all hell will break loose!

I have second hand embarrassment for Yoon Jae so much. He is so oblivious to human emotions. He needs some help. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM What I don't understand is that Hyun Jae is very upfront about not wanting to pursue a relationship with his ex, but his actions are showing the complete opposite. It feels like he is constantly being guilt tripped into doing things for her. It's a bit odd to me. 

IKR...he's got that puppy eyes as if there are still regrets. Anyway , he better not be swayed by the ex...

Who are the flowers for?

FRk2hXCVkAMC9nn?format=jpg&name=small

Mum will be broken hearted if these two don't get together for real and that she finds out they were lying to her

202204301409512410_1.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler for today's ending

HJ: I'll ask you one thing. Why did you ask me not to go then?

MR: ..I like you..

HJ: I am sorry...

MR: What do you mean?

[Yaaaa what does he mean? Urghh!]

• Like 3

Not sure which episode I just watched, but it seems that Yuna may have found an admirer? Yuna and Soo Jae definitely need something to shake them out of the friend zone. And I agree @abs-oluteM, SJ's parents and grandfather are going to be heartbroken to find out that YN and SJ are not a real couple after all.

Yun Jae got drunk and spent the night at Hae Jun's, though completely platonically.

And, Hyun Jae is still getting pushed around by his ex, even though he keeps saying that he doesn't have feelings for her.

Unfortunately, I don't really find this drama to be gripping as yet, though perhaps it's because of my hit and miss watching. Oh well. Also, I find it very strange that I find myself watching OMS more than YSY, and liking YJ's story line development more.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@stroppyse I find Yoon Jae's storyline more compelling too. It's fun to watch him navigate the dating scene after not caring about it for years. Plus, their bickering has been fun to watch. Haha! 

Hyun Jae's storyline is not moving along anymore. He is caught up with his ex and doesn't feel like giving Mi Rae any attention. Well, he does, but Mi Rae is always the one to initiate them. It's a bit frustrating to watch him give in to the ex when he tells her the exact opposite. Hyun Jae is probably going to turn down Mi Rae's confession.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1