Crash Course In Romance 일타스캔들 [2023]

viewers around the world can watch 'Crash Course In Romance' online with a subscription to Netflix. video 'Crash Course In Romance' official trailer.

• Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Thanks for teasers @twink_twink_

Yay @Jane  this will be on NF ...that makes life easier. 

@SilverMoonTea @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama

@stroppyse @LaLa  perhaps this show may catch your interest . JKH in a rom-com after all these years. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

0003250783-001-20230109164501303.jpg

These photos, provided by tvN, show the director, screen writer and cast members of tvN's new drama "Crash Course In Romance" during an online Press Conference.

202301090939520410-2-20230109150404806.j

202301090939520410-1-20230109150404794.j

Spoiler

• Like 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Wasn't sure what to expect from the trailers but in Jang Kyung-ho I trust. He never lets me down with his choice of scripts. (Hey, I even enjoyed Missing 9)

Episode 2 I thought was better than Episode 1 because the focus was much on the leads. While I can see the importance of the youngsters in the storyline, I didn't sign up for them. (The lad that plays Seon-jae is certainly nice to look at) I'm very fortunate to live in a place where we have a banchan store just a 1 km from where I live and they do some good stuff. I'm not as envious as I could be looking at the mouthwatering delights but I sure would be keen to try the tofu dishes.

It seems that all the world over, teachers have the same problems with being overworked and underpaid. What's worse is that they are being saddled with so much administrative duties that it affects their ability to deliver the goods in the classroom. I've been there and done it in adult education although I never allowed my classroom responsibilities fall by the wayside. It seems unfair that school teachers have to do all the work themselves while someone like Choi Chi-yeol has a got support staff to do all the monotonous work. I'm glad they talked about it in the show because the system as it stands, is very hard on teachers. 

The last time I had this much good will for a rom com was Dali and the Cocky Prince. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Questions for the mothers. Would you all go to that extent for your kids? 😲 I honestly don't understand a single Maths question that was on the board. It's scary how advance these kids are, and do they actually understand the concept of it or they are just memorising it?

I've seen their English exam questions. I don't understand how to answer those questions either. The most horrifying thing is each question has a time limit... or more like they set themselves to complete each question in a set time. I don't remember ever timing myself and tackle exams with such tactics. Well, more like nobody in the house, or schools or tuition teachers taught me this. 😆

Kim Mi Kyung! What a surprise! I nearly had teary eyes when it was revealed the reason behind Choi Chi Yeol's emotional breakdown after eating the dishes was her, the Ahjumma who fed him when he was poor and young. It makes so much sense that he subconsciously recognises and was comforted by the flavour/taste of her food. And I just love that she had such a small cameo but has such a huge impact on our male lead.

The little playing Hae Yi is so pretty. I wonder if later on her real mother will reappear to claim her...? It just feels like that is how usually the story will go.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

LOL, why is it so hard for Choi Chi Yeol to have a good meal? Poor thing. I swear I laughed when Jeon Do Yeon can lift him up at the end of the episode. I know he deliberately lose weight but still, just exactly how a skinny woman like him lift him up?

Who do you guys think the stalker/attacker is? Could it be Lee Sun Jae's brother Lee Hui Jae? I also suspect Ji Dong Hui, the one who always assist Chi Yeol.

• Like 3

The mothers are horrible!!! That said, having Jeon Do Yeon (Feb 1973) who is older than both actresses Kim Sun Young (1976) and Jang Young Nam (Nov 1973) calling them "eonni" is kinda weird especially when Jeon Do Yeon look much older in visual too.

I don't know whether I'm supposed to be mad at their kids or the mothers. I supposed it's like parents like children. Su Ah is a horrible horrible person. What comes will come around. Hmph.

I was looking forward to see Chi Yeol faint from hunger 😅 but he didn't! And yay to becoming a private tutor in exchange of yummy meals. Woo-hoo! LOL!

I really really wonder who the attacker is. When the show makes it look like Lee Hui Jae is guilty, it most likely means he is not. From the surface, it seems like this attacker has some obsession towards Choi Chi Yeol and is on his side, by removing obstacles. Mmm. Curious.

• Like 1

I just completed eps 1. Was suppose to watch it earlier but this has been a busy season. 

Completely enjoyed the 1st episode and my heart already goes out to our FL who is not only looking after her brother, running a business but also raising her niece ( or is it friend's daughter) . I  like the young girl playing Hae Ee as she was also playing a similar role in Our Blues . I do think Hae Ee is very fortunate that Haeng Seon has taken her in and has raised as her own. Fortunately Hae Ee is a good girl and I feel the pressure she has in wanting to excel. I know from other dramas like Drinking Solo to SkyCastle , being the cream of the crop , acing your high school exams etc guarantees a place to Seoul Uni . And that is the link to the best jobs. What a stressful life . (I am grateful my kid doesn't live in such a society. :psweatduck:)

JKH is of course a master of playing such roles - overachieving, arrogant, snappy , prickly  but underneath all that is someone who is actually quite the softy. Coming to think of it,  most of his roles have a similar sort of vibe but I am not complaining since I do think he owns such characters.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:54 PM, mademoiselle said:

Questions for the mothers. Would you all go to that extent for your kids? 😲 I honestly don't understand a single Maths question that was on the board. It's scary how advance these kids are, and do they actually understand the concept of it or they are just memorising it?

For maths ( and most other number based subjects), it is impossible to memorise. The key is to understand the concepts, and for harder questions need to be able to develop critical thinking. In this respect, I can see why a really good tutor is needed to guide the student. 

The world of private tutoring and going to an after school academy, is quite common in most parts of Asia. This star tutor thing is a lot more an East Asian type thing ( SK, Japan, HK, Taiwan, SG) , and yes, it can get very competitive to get a spot in such centres. But personally, this is not something I will do. I am not gonna line up and book a spot  so my son can see better in class . LOL. For me , I am believe that there is more to life than just getting string of As and topping the class. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

tumblr-c72aab764a5698147120c1de067a38c1-

Written by Reporter Lee Won Seon

img-20230123111138-6y9832un.webp

The new tvN drama 'Crash Course In Romance' starring Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho, is garnering much popularity. 

According to Neilsen Korea, on January 23, the 4th episode of tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Crash Course In Romance' achieved an impressive average viewer rating of 8.1% - 8.9% in the metropolitan area and a national average of 7.6, setting a new personal best in highest viewership rating.

img-20230123111155-m105908v.webp

tvN 'Crash Course In Romance'

The drama reached number 1 ranking in the metropolitan area and national household viewer ratings after breaking its own highest viewership rating.

Many viewers are looking forward to the story development and also how Chi Yeol and Haeng Seon's relationship will continue to grow.

In the episode that aired on January 22, Haeng Seon (played by Jeon Do Yeon) and Chi Yeol (played by Jung Kyung Ho) are reunited after Haeng Seon confesses her feelings toward Chi Yeol.

Spoiler

img-20230123111203-po38ii92.webp

img-20230123111215-q07d6s0j.webp

img-20230123111222-57g14fp2.webp

https://www.insight.co.kr/headline/enter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Chingu 

I binged watched ep 2-4. I am  hooked  and I will try to complete this drama.  I started watching this drama because of the Male Lead  Jung Kyuoung-Ho ( You Smile  ) and FL Jeon Do -Yeon ( Good Wife). They are so talented and I enjoy watching them perform.

Once I finished binging the episode I have lots of questions that has me wondering 

ML ) Chi Yeol -  He has trauma which prevents him eating and has two STALKERs. One who wants to marry him ( I wonder what happened to her & one willing to KILL anyone who is a threat to him. We saw glimpses of his past and he seemed alone especially when his father’s death. He seemed to be a lone back then. I assumed the trauma was about the death of his father.  It is amazing that Chi Yeol hasn’t realized yet that Haeng Seon is the daughter of the woman who gave him food after his father’s burial. That scene was sad. 

ML ex classmate (Jeon Jong-Ryeol )  I dislike him because he seems to be very jealous of his success and believes he is a horrible person. Why do I dislike him , well it is because he hangs around people who are unsuccessful and hating ML for his success. He assumed or he is correct that ML is the cause of one of his students death. He is mad at him for cutting ties with his old classmates but from that little chat we overheard, they never like him , HOW DARE THEY BE MAD AT HIM FOR CUTTING THEM OFF.  His friends spoke badly of CY  but he said nothing to defend him . He too took Advantage of having CY pay for their food. He disgust me to much. 

Haeng Seon  Stronf restaurant owner, Mother and is finally experiencing the wonder of raising a child. She is also sincere and tender hearted to her loved ones. She is completely clueless to romance and probably never dated a day in her . She raised her niece and takes care of her mentally challenged brother. To lose her mother at such a young age and giving up her dream to keep her family together. It takes a strong person to make rhat choices and not regret it. 

Nam Hae-E- she was raised right but she still has a bit of her bio mom’s selfishness . At the beginning she seemed to be jealous of her uncle  and at the moment I was like, she seemed to havé forgot HS also give up her dream to raise her after her mom died once her mom died on the same day hee sister dropped her off. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I enjoyed the first 4 episodes and I think I will keep this under my watching list.. While the suspicious attacker seems to be someone who wants to protect CY, it is scary with how he dealt with the obstacles in CY path. The stalker girl and the recently the arrogant boy. I wonder why he shot the metal bullet at the shop? Was it because HS raised her hands and looked as if she wanted to harm CY? 

SJ's brother so far is one of the suspect since he keeps wearing dark hoodie and he even overheard the arrogant boy trash talking about CY. I do not want to be suspicious with Manager Ji, but the story is still quite long and there's still a possibility. But for now he's on neutral area in my eyes. 

The connection in the past between CY and HS was actually a bittersweet one. CY got comfort from the mom's cooking even when he was tired studying or even during his deepest grief after sending off his father. HS did considerate for him when he's just a mere customer who cried over his rice. However her long reunion with her mother after staying inside the national team dorm was cut short when little HY was dropped by her sister and mom was hit by a car (based on the sound) and passed away after that. She gave up her career (and maybe dream? But she mentioned of being a teacher when she talked with her friend in current time), took care of HY and her brother and become the breadwinner of the family. It must not be easy for her. 

And the talk about course and school stuffs reminded me of my past students life. I didn't miss those days doing all the homeworks and doing all the quizzes, mock exams, etc. :duckhide:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 1/23/2023 at 7:22 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I just completed eps 1. Was suppose to watch it earlier but this has been a busy season. 

I thought I was the only one who started late 😆Just watched ep.1-2 last night. Am enjoying it although I have to admit still trying to get used to JDY being the female lead. She looks much older than the character’s supposed age, I believe? Her curly hairstyle (bangs) doesn’t help in convincing me of her younger age. I hope they will change it later. 

The flashback was touching. She was clear on what to choose when presented with an ultimatum by her coach. And readily said ok when HY asked to call her Omma. She is so full of love for her family 🥰

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 1/23/2023 at 7:22 AM, abs-oluteM said:

JKH is of course a master of playing such roles - overachieving, arrogant, snappy , prickly  but underneath all that is someone who is actually quite the softy. Coming to think of it,  most of his roles have a similar sort of vibe but I am not complaining since I do think he owns such characters.

Have you watched You Smile. He is the complere opposite in this 50 episode drama. He was a mama's boy until he met the lov eof his life. He was so adorable in this drama, especially every time i have a rewatch I cry buclet of tears

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

4 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Have you watched You Smile. He is the complere opposite in this 50 episode drama. He was a mama's boy until he met the lov eof his life. He was so adorable in this drama, especially every time i have a rewatch I cry buclet of tears

This is one of his few shows that I didn't watch. I have only followed his works since Heartless City (Cruel City) with the exception of Endless Love. I confess I find it hard to watch dramas from the earlier times :BulbaConfused:.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

She looks much older than the character’s supposed age, I believe? Her curly hairstyle (bangs) doesn’t help in convincing me of her younger age. I hope they will change it later. 

Yay! I just caught up too. Her styling is not doing her justice & she does seem older than her age. By right she is suppose to be younger than the other ommas in the show since Hae Ee was 5 or 6 when she started looking after her ( and she was likely in her early 20s then)

13 hours ago, LaLa said:

SJ's brother so far is one of the suspect since he keeps wearing dark hoodie and he even overheard the arrogant boy trash talking about CY. I do not want to be suspicious with Manager Ji, but the story is still quite long and there's still a possibility. But for now he's on neutral area in my eyes. 

On 1/23/2023 at 5:56 PM, mademoiselle said:

I really really wonder who the attacker is. When the show makes it look like Lee Hui Jae is guilty, it most likely means he is not. From the surface, it seems like this attacker has some obsession towards Choi Chi Yeol and is on his side, by removing obstacles. Mmm. Curious

Yes, it would seem that Hui Jae is the one "protecting"  CY but I can't understand what the motive is though. So I agree he may not be the one - after all why would he be so obsessed with CY? 
If anything, Manager Ji is the one who knows everything about CY - his schedule & the people around him. So it can be possible that he is the killer. I am sure Shin Jae Ha took on this role to play more than just a 2-D character . 

So I love the part when he went to see his psychologist and she helped him identify the root cause of his problem. He may seem like a cappie or Capitalist Pig , but he also has his principles. He distances himself from caring too much because people can sometimes be disappointing, just  like some of his old school mates and even his staff who talk behind his back (though he too isn't the easiest person to please). Hae Seong's side dishes is like the  soul food he needs to counter that loneliness he feels - it  reminded him of the warmth and care he received from HS's mum. 

Looks like there will also be a side romance for the young ones. Initially I was rooting for Hae Ee & Sun Jae as I do love that whole friends to lovers trope. Plus I like what a good kid Sun Jae is despite his complicated family & scary mother. But Mr Ice Hockey is also cute & I love it when we can root for the "underdog"! :hug:

• Like 3

@abs-oluteM Oh good, you too think Shin Jae Ha might be a suspect. And so true, he couldn't possibly be just doing a role as the "shadow assistant/driver". But then his role in While You Were Sleeping was pretty non-existence. I was quite disappointed because he had so much potential in Pinocchio and The Page Turner. If he's the culprit, I really wish he didn't push that rude student off the building. I'm fine with him being all obsessive with protecting Chi Yeol as long as he didn't go too far as to become a murderer.

As for Hui Jae, I think he may be linked to that girl who suicide (the one haunting Choi Chi Yeol). I reckon it might be from then on that he stopped putting effort in academic. And I think it might also be the reason why Sun Jae's mother is iffy about his close relationship with Hae Yi.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2