JoonChae ​🌹​ Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won

Throwback: 

IG Events during May 2019

(Given from the press interviews of JG that he and Bbong were meeting time to time even before FOE ) 

31cb438cb4941c19a425ba1e55e4573a.png

Observation: every time Bbong posts something, JG will also have a counterpart.  :MewGiggle:

May 24- Bbong 's movie recos : Love Letter , Us and Them 

Note that Love Letter  is mentioned during FOE 's final episode . I also read from Hajunse's twitter that Love Letter is also a favorite of JG (mentioned in Bangkok Photobook which was not shared because of copyright ) 

Spoiler

And notice of JG's recent posts lately. :Ghastlel: 

• Heart Eyes 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JoonChae Updates ! 

Both are having a blast on IG , specially MCW's who has recently opened her official account in December. Fans thought that it is just merely for 'official' posts like behind the scenes and such. However, surprise , surprise--she is also involved by continuing her hobby of movie recos !

One of them is this one, The Family Man starring Nicholas Cage.

Spoiler

And here's a catch, as mentioned in this IG post, Joongi also posted the same day with the caption "We need love"

Lo and behold, the theme of the movie posted by Bbong is all about choices--career vs love. And here's a specific question in the movie

"What do you need, Jack?" 

And the conclusion of the movie was the ML chosen LOVE.

Other squee worthy :

• Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 6:10 AM, Ashes said:

Share some parts of JG's interviews from today. 

"Actually, before considering to work on Flower of Evil, we also met several times to shares about our worries and struggles and talks about life stories. There were a lot of pressures before deciding on "Flower of Evil". At the time, Chaewon said, "Oppa can create a character full of charm", so I gained confidence."

“Moon Chae-won’s power of romantic drama is unique. Sometimes it’s really cute, sometimes it’s sad and miserable. Therefore, I was looking forward to working with Chae-won in romance dramas. I have the desire to act in a romance drama with Chae Won. Thankfully, we could reunite in a romance drama through this work. ,, What if we take more scenes of daily life that is as trivial and happy as in love? Because the proportion of real romantic dramas is very large. But the love scene created together made me very satisfied. I think this is a very good cooperation that complements each other's acting skills. "

P.s. also you must have read the part about treating her to a meal so she can gain back her energy :)

Win to win relationship...a good cooperation that it could possibly turn out better than either side can imagine 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Kira on twitter spazzed about the FOE presscon. And she is so cute in fangirling on details 

Spoiler
Ok FOE PD Kim being so sincere and gentle! Yes, when something means a lot to you, it does get scary - but thank you for doing your best it really paid off. (P.S. He is also part of the ~fate~ and ~destiny~ fanclub, this entire team shares one brain 😂)ImageImageImageImage
Smiling like an idiot because Joongi's voice is seriously the best ASMR in the world! I love how he equates the show to a puzzle. He does speak very well, this is unquestionable.ImageImageImageImage
Fate, destiny, beautiful voice club member #3 - Moon Chaewon. You could say in many ways this show wouldn't be this show without her. Her dedication for this show really tied everyone together and she's not showy about it
.ImageImageImageImage
Chaewonie's lil' fist hehe.
THEY LOOK LIKE SCHOOL CHILDREN BEING SCOLDED BY THEIR TEACHER LMAO!! (Also PD Kim, you can say it's the boys. We know it's just the boys 😂)ImageImage
Kids! Please get it together oh my gosh😂
Spoiler

ImageImageImageImage

Just listening to PD and JG alone on any one subject alone would make a commentary worth it. The way they rely their ideas is so detailed and interesting. It's such a shame that we can't get it as yet.ImageImageImageImage
You could hear the emcee trying to cut in 😂 He could really talk for hours couldn't he? It's true, audiences too will try to see something fresh in one's acting each time, and to what extent can you draw that out of yourself as an actor is important. Anyway, he did it.ImageImageImageImage
Everyone say thank you Moon Chaewon!🤗(Also very endearing how an experienced actor needed people to give him confidence - I think it is the same for all of us isn't it? Sometimes, we just need people to believe in us).ImageImageImageImage
Let's not underestimate Chaewon's ability to delve deep - I think given a chance she could expound for hours. I love the term classical melodrama, but still being a hybrid - The classically structural elements are strong in FOE, but still paves a new path from it.ImageImageImageImage
She approaches every question with sincerity to try to paint a full picture, and I really appreciate how she speaks with such honesty. In life I've also felt that way having regrets and having second chances.ImageImageImageImage
Heejin your sweet words carry a knife, what is your oppa going to do? 😂 Look at Joongi he's so cornered - "Why would you say are we not?" Cos you're mega fun to tease lol!ImageImageImageImage
This chapter is called: smol!Chaewon is stuck between a rock (unnie) and a hard place (oppa). She can't not answer but the way she's smiling I have a feeling she didn't wanna really put JG in the spot either. Anyway I really died when she sighed before answering😂ImageImageImageImage
We're in kindergarten 🤭❤️ImageImage
Don't mind me I'm currently mourning the lack of the commentary. Please everything this man says is so satisfying. Can't we have a chance to pick his brain? I know why people are honoured to work with him.ImageImageImageImage
Excuse me emcee I have a question🙋‍♀️ - Why do you only call JG out when he stares at people but give CW a pass?! 😂ImageImageImageImage
JG: I called her. I called her. By the way did I mention I called her and we talked on the phone?Image
He hit the jackpot. If ever there was a time to pick up a difficult melodrama he had to do it with a competent actress. This was the quality project to do it. Challenging, exciting, a dream. He speaks for himself, he speaks for us all.ImageImageImageImage
Ho, no mercy. NO MERCY!! 🔥ImageImageImageImage
Lee Joongi's mental breakdown, in collage form:Image
The question was how do they feel playing a married couple this time around. She really went one whole big loop (leaving a complete trail of blood lol), to say, somehow life has it's way of working out. Chaewon, a firm believer of destiny.ImageImageImageImage
Pausing for the night with Joongi's adorable head tilt. That and his subtly changing expressions. I wonder what he feels - Awe, curiosity, amusement? 
LJG's mental K.O. was so funny I repeated it a couple of times. So now we know what it takes to break this eloquent man. If I have learnt anything from MCW while trying to binge-watch her interviews is that...SHE'S A SAVAGE 🤗ImageImageImageImage
TAKE A SHOT ANY TIME ANY OF THE PEOPLE ON THIS MENTION FATE. (Hope you stay sober!✌️🍺)Image
Chaewon...LAST WARNING. Have mercy on a brother!!ImageImageImageImage
I don't think they ever recover from the mental collapse because...they're laughing over literally nothing at this point🤣Image
Fine point - Their marriage is extraordinary, it's layers on layers of story and emotion. From the start, JG's biggest challenge seems to be that of authentically portraying a married man. CW, carrying the heavy emotional weight of the show, definitely needed to focus on that.ImageImageImageImage
To clarify - They both had really emotionally heavy scenes but I can understand why they both highlighted what they did in answering this question. It's about the complexities of an extraordinary marriage (as JG implies), and it's mentally and emotionally challenging. 
I like Hyunwoo's self-deprecating humour here. Such a pity I wasn't a huge fan of Moojin. To his credit, it had little to do with his acting.ImageImageImageImage
Astute. I'm very new to him but there's an unmistakable humility and eagerness to Joongi. I think these are the ingredients for any long-term career and that's why I respect him so much.ImageImage
Brilliant - brilliant exposition. I have so much greed in me for a commentary. He's such a deep thinker and succinct speaker. Everyone, we have to manifest!ImageImageImageImage
One does not necessarily equate to the other JG, but ok thanks for the information😎Image
Some people don't need to be taught how to get along with children. They just sense it instinctively. Actually the average child is not complicated, they need to trust you, and for that they need time and positive attention. All these he has an excellent grasp of, clearly.ImageImageImageImage
Very different energies, personalities and therefore approaches but I don't think one is necessarily better or worse. Chaewon's gentle appreciation of and interaction with Seoyeon was very sweet to witness as well.ImageImageImageImage
Yes! This is exactly why FOE drew me in as strongly as it did. Whenever I see a close-up of those rings, whenever they made any of the choices they did. I thought so much about love, steadfastness, challenges, marriage. For me it tugged hard at a hidden place in my heart.ImageImageImageImage
This is a good place to end my "live" watch. I still have many thoughts, on Chaewon's heartfelt reflection on her career for example, but this'll do. I always like watching presscons AFTER a show's run, it helps me process and makes me smile.Image
This is definitely one of the best presscons I've every watched. Please watch from the sources here and leave a comment/like if you can. It's not easy to sub long videos like this and I appreciate it very much. 

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 3 months later...

JoonChae round up for the past two months :hearties:

~ Baeksang , yes, Moon Chae Won may not have been nominated but a heartwarming remark from JG during his Naver Now 2 radio show for his birthday celebration mentioned this:

~right after the noms are out, Chaewon updated her IG sending message (perharps) to her fans , to take it easy.

ImageImage

~ during the awards night, PD won the award with the best director-so glad that the Baeksang production included/highlighted Chae Won's scenes during the director's speech

Spoiler

• Clapping Hands 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 8:34 AM, Joonchae said:

Any updates about this couple? Did they greet each other or give presents on their respective birthdays? I miss them so much!!! 😭

Hi there !!

There is no straight greetings on their respective birthdays, however Moon Chae Won posted red roses prior JG 's birthday. 

Also this repost from IG. Chaewon and her edited photo.   :heart:

About the place MCW went as posted on her IG :heiboi: 

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...