JoonChae ​🌹​ Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won

5 hours ago, Ashes said:
Spoiler

He also said similar thing to JHJ on his latest interview

그럴 때마다 장희진이라는 배우가 가지고 있는 공력에 감탄하며 '장프로'라고 불렀다. 좋은 동생이자 동료로서 현장을 한층 즐겁게 만들어준 친구다"고 했다.

As dongsaeng and co-worker.. she is a friend who made the filming more enjoyable

It's nothing lol. He also called his ex his brother and also 'beautiful DONGSAENG'.

I think differently. Dongsaeng is somehow closer than chingu. The culture is different. In reality, she is indeed a dongsaeng. She called him oppa. They are not friends as they are not same age. And he didn't say he sees her as dongsaeng. He said 'as a dongsaeng, as a costar, I think Chae won needs to rest'

Need to highlight this , because I so agree.  

Just to add :

After reading tons of JG's past interviews, and some of his dramas I followed during broadcast, Flower of Evil stands up there with a lot of firsts ~

First drama that

-he did not monitor, he trusted the director and Chaewon 's acting so much. 

-he mentioned about the details of casting , where Chaewon is a substantial part of his decision making on this project. 

-he made post interviews in depth. There was a few on LL, but in FOE , he was detailed at the same time he made his IG statement official thru media release about Chaewon who convinced him to do this project and they were seeing each other PRIOR

-he made his IG a Flower of  Evil account--almost included Chaewon /photos of them together/ in all of his posts and IG stories. There were a bunch on SHR , but mostly only Wangso photos. 

-he admitted he is a FOE fantard:1000: He watched and cried FOE with his real dongsaeng :Ghastlel:

-he addressed the joonchae/docha photoshoot request, he is aware of our requests. 

-FOE is that mountain next to The King and The Clown

-given the IG live because of corona, still he did answer that question about filming again with Chaewon. None among his previous co-stars had been mentioned that much in any interviews/live that he made. Not even during CMKr, which makes this drama and the reunion special. Also with Chaewon, she said she and JG became a little bit closer because of this drama. Whether they are dating or not NOW, I still cling on their beautiful friendship blossoming. And I hope the best for the both of them. :hearties:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

7 hours ago, 1204 said:

I feel hurt joon gi last night said Chae won is just his little sister but i never heard him saying that to his previous co-star :(

You don't have to be upset about that.  Lol. He did call his other co stars dongseangs too. And I know he is always sweet to all of his costars but with chaewon he did say that he just imagines himself being married to her. And I know it was to get into character but that is a very big statement. That's what got me to start shipping them anyways. Also do you remember Selena Gomez said Justin Bieber was like her brother and then dated him and Joon gi also said his ex his like his brother because I guess he just connected with her like that. Chaewon is 5 years younger than him so I can understand why he calls her his dongsaeng, don't worry too much about that. 

Lol, I'm an infp as well. I can't believe he is an infp, now I can totally relate to his dramatic ass. Wow I really admire how extroverted he can be though because it is really hard for me to be infps to be like that but it is understandable, because sometimes infps can be very adaptable. I mean that's the case for me, so I'm saying that. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Haha don't read to deep into the way he said dongsaeng thing. He even said his ex was like a male dongsaeng to him. He knows what he's doing and his real sister was there to monitor his live so he won't do or say things that would be scandalous.

Don't pay attention to words. Words are easy to fake. Pay attention to reaction and expressions 

Edited by mulberry9
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3
42 minutes ago, Flowerofeviljgmw said:

Lol, I'm an infp as well. I can't believe he is an infp, now I can totally relate to his dramatic ass. Wow I really admire how extroverted he can be though because it is really hard for me to be infps to be like that but it is understandable, because sometimes infps can be very adaptable. I mean that's the case for me, so I'm saying that. 

It's interesting to see the traits of INFP which fit in to his character as we see off cam. And I like the part about relationship of course because it fits to that criteria on how he had been dealing with answering about relationships/marriage questions thru the years . Weird enough, during FOE era, there were none among the press questions were raised about marriage but instead HE FIRST MENTIONED ABOUT IT. :smug:

@1204, he is very careful this time. He is still that actor in 2013 when he said he is not into public relationship because he doesn't want to have his partner suffer/being burdened with the attention .  This time i think he doesn't want to repeat what happened in 2017 . 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

I really love how joongi constantly thinks that chaewon is adorable. And during the kakaotalk interview, when he was being silly I really loved the look of adoration on chaewon's face. I'll give a picture of it later. I'm just saying this is because, that was another positive shipping sign for me at least. I do think they are dating if not just into each other because it feels like they are into each other. It was just chaewon's reaction. I basically wanted to believe they are close to each other because they are friends and have known each other for over 3 years now and that's why I thought they had excellent chemistry but I didn't want to ship them until I saw the interviews and joongi's and chaewon's reactions instead of their skin ship because that is necessity in the behind the scenes. Their facial expressions and reactions towards each other sold me honestly. 

I found this edit on YouTube, it's basically if flower of evil was a romcom 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Hello... fellow joonchae’s.. 😍

aweeeee that Namoo bts i cant help but :wow: .. who wouldve thought we’ll still get crumbs from them when FOE is already over.. going back to joonchae.. omggg aren’t they so comfortable or what?That hotel scene that theyre supposed to be handcuffed to each other... do they really need to hold hands? 🤭 i mean im not complaining.. and then that moment when he calls jiwon and change it right away to chaewonnnnaaaaa chaewonnnaaaaa... joongi is so cute.. calling her like that... like a lost boy looking for his mom and boy when he found her.. sparks everywhere  

and when he wanted to check and do the scene again... chaewon and PD cant help but laughed at him for acting like a child (a cute one though) sitting on a ground like throwing tantrums :lol:..

these two there’s no denying how much trust and appreciation they have for each other... while acting like that.. one word or a nod from chaewon calms him down.. that assurance from her was all he needed and mattered..😍spacer.png

and then Joongi’s IG LIVE (too bad i was sleeping) like im gonna understand everything he said :lol: . from his post FOE interview ... he said that theyve been meeting and talking to each other even before FOE and when a fan ask him about a photoshoot for them.. he said he’s not sure but he’s gonna try and ask though chaewon needs to rest for now... i was like what? Bro how do u know? Oh yeah... they call each other.... miannn... i forgot :smug:. Im just amused how its easy for him to say he’ll ask her...😍

Lastly, I am foremost a MOON CHAE WON stan... and i will always be.. but i always had a soft spot for LEE JOONGI.. i may not follow him that much but i support him even before... I liked him more when CMKr happened... I saw  how he fanboy over chaewon and how he wanted to do a meloromance genre with her and so is chaewon.. then FOE came.. we witnessed a lot of things since they announced their reunion..those few months he didnt fall short on expressing his appreciation, adoration & his unending gratefulness towards her for being with him along the way..
I ship them..😍 it was ages ago that i shipped chaewon with someone.. idk how but joonchae makes me feel that there is something for me to look forward to..i maybe delusional and imagining things.. but what i get from this is the amount of RESPECT and APPRECIATION he has for chaewon since the very beginning... and thats what i love about LEE JOONGI.. all his interview includes chaewon.. how she helped him,inspired him and supported him(though he didnt really need to say that) and he say this repeatedly given the chance..😍 and as a MCW fan ..i appreciate that MR. LEE JOONGI... we, moonlights appreciate you..because ..

at the end of the day..whether theyre friends or colleagues or just an oppa/dongsaeng ..I will go for the man that treats my girl with utmost respect that she deserves...

... and maybe.. just maybe... in a distant future... they can be more than friends... ( a shipper can hope😉) so im just gonna enjoy the ride.. and give them my utmost support! 
I mean how can u not ship them? those stares is such a give away.... theyre both whipped for each other :1000:

spacer.png

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Edited by atingngpex
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

@atingngpex thank you so much for your beautiful words, it puts me at ease. I ship JoonChae but most importantly I wont Chae Won to find a man who respects her and treat her like she deserves. I love Joon Gi’s sincerity and he always treat people around him well so hopefully they are destined for each other. 

He mentioned “I’ll let her know” when someone commented Chae Won is pretty, and also “I’ll ask her” about the photoshoot thats enough for me for time being lol it’s a sign they will keep in touch and communicate to each other.  

Just hoping we’ll continue to receive updates here and there or I’ll miss them too much 🤣😂 

Chinguss every one of your posts help me get thru my FOE withdrawal and from missing them so keep it coming! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
6 hours ago, atingngpex said:

6 hours ago, atingngpex said:

Hello... fellow joonchae’s.. 😍

aweeeee that Namoo bts i cant help but :wow: .. who wouldve thought we’ll still get crumbs from them when FOE is already over.. going back to joonchae.. omggg aren’t they so comfortable or what?That hotel scene that theyre supposed to be handcuffed to each other... do they really need to hold hands? 🤭 i mean im not complaining.. and then that moment when he calls jiwon and change it right away to chaewonnnnaaaaa chaewonnnaaaaa... joongi is so cute.. calling her like that... like a lost boy looking for his mom and boy when he found her.. sparks everywhere  

and when he wanted to check and do the scene again... chaewon and PD cant help but laughed at him for acting like a child (a cute one though) sitting on a ground like throwing tantrums :lol:..

these two there’s no denying how much trust and appreciation they have for each other... while acting like that.. one word or a nod from chaewon calms him down.. that assurance from her was all he needed and mattered..😍

and then Joongi’s IG LIVE (too bad i was sleeping) like im gonna understand everything he said :lol: . from his post FOE interview ... he said that theyve been meeting and talking to each other even before FOE and when a fan ask him about a photoshoot for them.. he said he’s not sure but he’s gonna try and ask though chaewon needs to rest for now... i was like what? Bro how do u know? Oh yeah... they call each other.... miannn... i forgot :smug:. Im just amused how its easy for him to say he’ll ask her...😍

Lastly, I am foremost a MOON CHAE WON stan... and i will always be.. but i always had a soft spot for LEE JOONGI.. i may not follow him that much but i support him even before... I liked him more when CMKr happened... I saw  how he fanboy over chaewon and how he wanted to do a meloromance genre with her and so is chaewon.. then FOE came.. we witnessed a lot of things since they announced their reunion..those few months he didnt fall short on expressing his appreciation, adoration & his unending gratefulness towards her for being with him along the way..
I ship them..😍 it was ages ago that i shipped chaewon with someone.. idk how but joonchae makes me feel that there is something for me to look forward to..i maybe delusional and imagining things.. but what i get from this is the amount of RESPECT and APPRECIATION he has for chaewon since the very beginning... and thats what i love about LEE JOONGI.. all his interview includes chaewon.. how she helped him,inspired him and supported him(though he didnt really need to say that) and he say this repeatedly given the chance..😍 and as a MCW fan ..i appreciate that MR. LEE JOONGI... we, moonlights appreciate you..because ..

at the end of the day..whether theyre friends or colleagues or just an oppa/dongsaeng ..I will go for the man that treats my girl with utmost respect that she deserves...

... and maybe.. just maybe... in a distant future... they can be more than friends... ( a shipper can hope😉) so im just gonna enjoy the ride.. and give them my utmost support! 
I mean how can u not ship them? those stares is such a give away.... theyre both whipped for each other :1000:

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I also really love how he is all praises for her left and right. In in his last iglive where he is wearing a white t-shirt he said that he thinks they make a very pretty pair on screen. I swooned so much over that, that was another reason I wanted to ship them and his entire insta now looks like a fan account for flower of evil and he posted so many pics of chaewon along with his own. 

The one pic that was edit of them lying next to each other. I loved that. I'm aware that he really appreciates fan edits but come on he even highlighted his and chaewon's wedding pic on his ig.

This thread made me smile 

Edited by Flowerofeviljgmw
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, Lotuzea said:

He mentioned “I’ll let her know” when someone commented Chae Won is pretty, and also “I’ll ask her” about the photoshoot thats enough for me for time being lol it’s a sign they will keep in touch and communicate to each other.  

Yes, when he read that comment about chaewon. He had a very pretty smile and he was like oh chaewon's fans are here too, I'll let her know. Adorable 🥰.  

Joon gi has such high praise about her, like she isn't just the best actress but best actor. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

HELLO :fam:... its morning from my side of the world... 

BUT.. for those of you who are having a hard time sleeping tonight... here is our darling MOONCHAEWON singing for you!! 

She sang MY DARLING CLEMENTINE ..one of the OST from her drama Its Ok Daddy's Girl.. 

HER VOICE OMGGGGG IS SO LOVELY!!! Ok now im sleepy :lol: but honestly... her voice is so soothing!!!! :wow:

credit: moonbit_bong on twitter

Edited by atingngpex
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hi JoonChae shippers! I am new to the fandom like a week ago new. Randomly, I came upon this VIU YouTube video that had LJG and MCW as the thumbnail. I clicked it right away and what they always say, the rest is history. 😅

I'd be honest, I am still on episode 7. Even if it's too early to tell I can without a doubt say, Flower of Evil has sooo much potential like it needs to be  recognized internationally. The chemistry between LJG and MCW is so palpable. I can't get enough of the two! ❤

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 3

welcome @unbotheredkween enjoy FOE & get back to us about your feelsss and other things u want to share.. 😍

HELLO! @Green17 Thank you for joining... dont worry about it.. we are all learning too..😍

@bluepebbles there's goodies everyday here & there... im wondering if they're preparing us for something good... LOL :smug:.. 

i miss them... Ottoke? :cry:spacer.png

Ctto for the pic

❤️

Edited by atingngpex
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Green17 :yee:Welcome to JoonChae haven ! It's alright we can understand, as long as we love them both that's the most important :hearties:

Asia Artist Award released its announcement that they will be having the awards this year, slated in November. Hoping to see JoonChae to participate !

Imagine the superior visuals they hold :btsnamjoonlove:

ImageImage

Also, while Joon Gi said that Chaewon is resting, we can just imagine how their magazine spread will look like. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

To those who were concerned about Joon gi calling chaewon his dongsaeng. And him not directly calling iu dongsaeng, iu called him brother when he sent her a coffee truck for her movie dream. He even sent coffee truck to seo ye ji his lawless lawyer co star too. Joon gi is just sweet and nice to everyone in general. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1409790wpp/iu-thanks-scarlet-heart-goryeo-co-star-lee-joon-gi-for-supporting-her-upcoming-film 

My point is don'tworry too much about that. From all the actresses that I've seen joongi with chaewon is the first that I felt like I should ship. They have way too many sparks. Let's believe in our ship. 

Edited by Flowerofeviljgmw
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@atingngpex @bluepebbles Thank you for welcoming me 😁

Actually i'm a Joowon - Moon Chaewon shipper until now. But seeing interactions between LJG & MCW i couldn't help but ship them too. However, when i knew LJG was like that too to his other co stars, i doubted if i should continue ship them or not. I even saw a comment on yt that who knows maybe he and JHJ will be the end game, because he looked more lively when he interacted with her. And he knew that she loves her dongsaeng so much. So what do you think about this guys ?

• Insightful 1
1 hour ago, Green17 said:

@atingngpex @bluepebbles Thank you for welcoming me 😁

Actually i'm a Joowon - Moon Chaewon shipper until now. But seeing interactions between LJG & MCW i couldn't help but ship them too. However, when i knew LJG was like that too to his other co stars, i doubted if i should continue ship them or not. I even saw a comment on yt that who knows maybe he and JHJ will be the end game, because he looked more lively when he interacted with her. And he knew that she loves her dongsaeng so much. So what do you think about this guys ?

yeaah @Green17, actually i've thought about it (JG-JHJ) , and i was surprised when he said that she took care her dongsaeng so much. 

And when JHJ posted last scene photos, i thought why she didnt post SHW-JHJ-LJG photo?

do you know that JHB (JG ex) sent coffee truck for JHJ ? 

JHJ also deleted many photo on his IG, on April..(one of those was cofee truck  FOE shooting photo). unfortunately, i dont remember the other. anyone knows?? 

T.T but I hope they are just friends

I'm still joonchae shipper 

Edited by ungi

The possibilities of other pairing other than JoonChae is at large out there. But for now, let us dwell on this lovely couple because they created inspiration for friendship built through time. From my moonlights friends who have been there for her since 2010-2012, they are very certain that the relationship of JG-MCW is sailing smoothly— whether they are dating right now or not. From JG and Bbong’s words alone — they are close.

Close friends don’t necesarilly show off their friendship online. As a JG fan myself, he has a circle of friends gained from his profession and during military life however those friendships were not  seen by the public even to his fans. Afterall, like Chaewon , Joongi is an introvert. 

He is friends with Ju Ji Hoon, Lee Dong Wook among others but those are not publicized often. We did not hear of coffee truck sent by these friends in any of their projects. And guess what, after CMKr, both JG and Bbong did not send food truck to each other for their 2018 dramas. Compared to JG sending food truck support to his previous co-stars like IU and Seo Ye Ji (and vice versa). Also, for the record—close friendships are sometimes displayed offcam and not necessarily through food truck or coffee support. I have seen other celebs with close relationship that don’t practice this gesture. (Of course i dont discount that foodtrucks are just for colleagues).

When JG revealed that he and Chaewon are casually meeting to talk about life stories and work before FOE, i am firm to think that it is a very strong statement from him considering that reporters may pick malicious rumors about it. Yet JG properly mentioned their close friendship/relationship in a media press release apart from the informal IG live that he had. Interestingly, when JG made his IG live after episode 8, there were no press/media articles about it. Same with the IG live  few days back. Whether he or namoo is responsible—the wonders of gag order from media is working. 

In Korea—specially mentioning the k-ent, when you are dropping names about your friendship with the opposite sex is a bold move. Why? People including knets will either take this a source of malicious content for gossip and blind items.

What JG did on his interview is remarkably a wow clap from me. Like other moonlights said, I am happy he is acknowledging the success of FOE and putting recognition on Chaewon’s acting —not just by himself. Of course , JG is consistently a humble person eversince but he is very much vocal about this pairing more than what he did on his previous projects. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

wasssup guys! :LarvitarSDab1: haha 

it's been a long time since my last post, I'm glad that our family is getting bigger and to you lurkers out there (yes, you :PikaSwag:) why don't you sign up and join us? hehe 

I see some people having doubts about JoonChae? for some reason it was because of "dongsaeng" term that LJG used? I understand because the word itself can be very confusing as it very varies to different cultures, in my country if someone treated you as a "dongsaeng" that's means s/he just sees you as a donsaeng. lol However, in Korean culture (I read but just a brief info) that these terms such as oppa and dongsaeng has complex use, correct me if I'm wrong. From what I understood LJG referred Bbong as "donsaeng" as she is younger than him, hence as "friends" is not valid bc it is only use by people who are of the same age. And since they are not blood related, a donsaeng term is like a connotation term when that someone is close to you-- hence, the possibility of getting in romantic relationship is still there. Anyways, this are all from my own understanding based on what I read. 

also, having doubts about shipping is inevitable you just need a lot of patience and faith about the couple. lol

In case of JoonChae? I think this is the first that I encounter a Korean male celebrity whom is too open to talk about his female costar, it is such a big deal because this could cause him trouble specially by medias, they can simply tagged him with malicious comments which I am thankful because nothing such happened. Anyways, let's just enjoy the ride, and hope for the best about these amazing couple. :hearties:

Edited by abovewalls
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2