Love Is For Suckers 얼어죽을 연애 따위 [2022]

wink_

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@twink_twink_ how was the premiere episodes? I haven't had the time to start yet . Gonna do so after Little Women ends this week. I think I started too many dramas :laugh:

@abs-oluteM  , I've been in a bit of a slump lately because I couldn't sleep 😁 so, I've watched episode 1 already. :pandalove: the story was refreshing and just nice for simple storyline. I just love this rom-com drama. Si Won and Da Hee's off the charts chemistry and it's also fun to discover whether Jae Hoon would ever give up his love for her to make space for a new woman in his life. yes. me too. it's hard to narrow down the selection and this one can not be overlooked.  :smile:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Actress Jang Seo Yeon will join the ENA channel's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Love Is for Suckers' who plays Park Hyun So, the younger sister of Choi Si Won (Jae Hoon). Although she is a busy job seeker, she is not only mature enough to take care of her mother, but also warm-hearted with her refreshing and lively personality. She will add to the fun of the play by following her brother Choi Si Won and his best friend Lee Da Hee (Yeo Reum), who has been like her own sister from childhood.

photo1564545.jpg

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@twink_twink_, I caught part of the first episode, but it seems to start off an ending scene with Jae Hoon being a couple with another woman on the reality show while Yeo Rum is watching on? Then it goes back to when YR is on another, slumping reality program before she does the dating one with JH? I'm not sure I like that progression. It seems to indicate that JH at least goes along with getting coupled up with another woman, either in reality or for the sake of YR's show. :PiplupCry:  Why the heck would it start with that? I suppose it's probably a big troll, but still I won't want to watch if there is a real possibility that JH and YR end up with other people!

• Like 2

'Love Is For Suckers' showed a firm expression • special features

'source'

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Content Writing Reporter Han Hae Sun.

optimize.jpg

Choi Si Won in 'Love Is For Suckers' showed off his lingering acting skills.

In the 4th episode ENA Wed-Thu drama 'Love Is For Suckers' (script written by Kim Sol Ji, directed Choi Kyu Shik, planning KT Studio Genie production story TV), Park Jae Hoon finally realized his heart and had the courage to try to capture Goo Yeo Reum (Lee Da Hee), but he was blocked by Kim In Woo (Song Jong Ho) every time and missed the opportunity. It caused the pity of those who saw it and missed it.

After a while, Park Jae Hoon went to the wedding hall, was puzzled by the rather quiet atmosphere and after a while, when Goo Yeo Reum stood in front of the guests with tears in her eyes, she gave a surprised look and said "We are canceling the wedding today," with the ending that showed a worried expression at the shocking words, the curiosity about the future development soared.

'click on this link for more details'

'source'

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022101417104131639

2147668618.jpg

which couple will meet at the altar in the fictional wedding reality show Kingdom of Love? odds are it’s Yeo Reum, the director played by Lee Da Hee and the doctor Park Jae Hoon played by actor & Super Junior member Choi Si Won. in the opening sequence of Love Is For Suckers he’s dressed in a tuxedo as if he’s either getting hitched to Yeo Reum or on the fictional TV program within the rom-com. if these two are actually planning to join hands, how exactly did they get into this spot? is he a contestant? is she is the director of the show? is love, as the title suggests, really only for suckers; just a scripted fantasy?

why do I have so many questions in my mind? these questions have no right or wrong answers. because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer. :lmao2: after prompting all these questions, the storyline of Love Is For Suckers flashes back some years to when these characters, in their late 30s, were close friends and neighbours. as far as friendships go, Jae Hoon really gets the short end of this deal. he runs thankless errands for Yeo Reum and must listen to her talk about her humiliating dating mishaps. she doesn’t seem to consider him date-worthy, even though it’s hard to find anyone worth dating. she was engaged once, but called it off. the show gives a relaxing scenario where one can just lay back and enjoy it. the characters have mature takes on situations and the drama is a perfect blend of humor, entertainment and romance.

as usual Lee Da Hee and Choi Si Won’s chemistry will surely make my heart flutter. Jae Hoon is someone who always has Yeo Reum’s back. I see moments of them being together and hanging around. he even dresses up for her, something extremely infrequent when it comes to him. while they headed to have lunch in a restaurant, her ex, who went to New York, saw a glimpse of her. he came out to confirm however, he missed them. their encounter can create a sense of drama in the series. to Jae Hoon, I do believe you're in love with her yourself. :wow:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

@abs-oluteMNever fans of Siwon, but this drama might change my mind :poliWeird:

I love the first episode, it's pull all the right strings to my heart. Totally relatable with all her narrative about her life. I thought JH was a lazy bum and jobless :laugh:, but he still hold position at beauty clinic as plastic surgeon. He seems to be very jaded and uninterested with life. Probably, the only thing that make his eyes have spark is from his interaction with YR. 

YR in other way is very passionate in her life and work, the type that give all 100% and easily get hurt because of it. Read some comment that her portrayal is unrealistic for 37 y.o woman. I think at some point sometimes indeed it's too comical and too passionate. But nevertheless still a very likeable character. 

YR's ex is so cringy and annoying, even that Chef Ramen's jerk is more fun to watch. Me and @LaLareally not interested on this ex story. Was quite shocked YR just plunge to the wedding that fast when she herself not sure about it. 

So in the next week episode JH will get dragged into the reality show mess. Perhaps this will finally make YR have some jealousy awaken in her. 

P.s Siwon will convert from lazy bum to handsome lad just in a second. I think this is the main charm of the show, plus all the abs & showering scenes I think our TripleM will be pretty much entertained :pandahehe:

@Tofu@Alice Wonderland@JenLcan consider this if need light hearted romcom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I got through the first 4 episodes, and honestly, I'm getting whiplash from Yeo Reum and her problems with guys. Chef John is a jerk who needed to be put into place which I thought Jae Hoon did really well.

However, the story line with the ex was really too fast, especially given the way their engagement ended the first time. He clearly doesn't respect YR's needs or desires, really, making decisions to fit himself and assuming that she'll follow along. YR knows that already which is why I was surprised that she agreed to marry him and got all the way to the engagement hall.

I guess we'll find out in the next episodes what decisions the jerk made this time that he forgot to tell YR, but it's apparently significant enough to make YR realize that she can't go through with marrying him.

At least JH finally realizes that he is attracted to YR and wants to date her without limiting it for further development. It makes me wonder why JH was so anti-marriage anyway. I guess I wonder if it's because he already had feelings for YR, but she got engaged the first time before JH could even ask for a chance, and then they basically friend-zones each other.

I hope that YR realizes how big a part JH plays in her life, and that she does have feelings for him as well. I hope it's not seeing him get "married", whether it's real or tv, to another woman to make her realize it. Also, the woman in the wedding picture with JH is the woman that he went on a blind date with, so it feels as if that's going to be messy as well.

This drama is pretty funny, but I'm not sure how light-hearted it really is. I will say that Choi Siwon is killing it in the role. Even though, the center of the story may be YR, it's JH who piques my curiousity. Even when he's being a clueless jerk, JH doesn't intend ill and he tries to correct the mistakes that he makes as soon as he realizes that he's messed up. Also, it doesn't hurt that CSW can go from a rather messy looking guy who clearly shows that he doesn't care to the intelligent and caring sophisticate who is the ideal of many a woman's fantasy.

It's bonus that Lee Da Hae holds her own against Choi Siwon, and they have such excellent chemistry together.

• Clapping Hands 2
26 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It makes me wonder why JH was so anti-marriage anyway. I guess I wonder if it's because he already had feelings for YR, but she got engaged the first time before JH could even ask for a chance, and then they basically friend-zones each other.

It seems JH not really happy with his own life at the moment. And he might have issue with his left hand and probably some trauma with his previous hospital work. He's afraid he can't give YR happiness she deserved. But on the outside, he downplayed it as he doesn't want commitment because its troublesome. 

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

He clearly doesn't respect YR's needs or desires, really, making decisions to fit himself and assuming that she'll follow along. YR knows that already which is why I was surprised that she agreed to marry him and got all the way to the engagement hall.

Ya it's kind of dissapointing, as 37 y.o she should know better not to get married in a whim. I think her parents happiness clouded her judgement, and she's too pressed with her age. She also seems caring so much about what society said, as in her breakup she mentioned she get surpassed by her peer. 

36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

This drama is pretty funny, but I'm not sure how light-hearted it really is.

You're probably right about this. Actually looking at so many missed chance between them, it's also possible it won't end well again between them. 

This drama theme really similar with "The Time We Were Not in Love" played by HJW and LJW. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@stroppyse @SilverMoonTea @Nohamahmoud2002 @twink_twink_

I caught the 1st episode. I like it very much in spite of how it started with him getting "married" to someone else but I don't think there's anything to worry about. All these reality show ironically are quite fake ...lol..

Siwon & Dahee have great chemistry and I do love friends to lover's trope. I know it isn't exactly a going to be a groundbreaking plot but I find the conversations fresh. In a sense that the YR's insecurities & relationship problems, her search for a BF are things that this generation can somewhat relate to. And I love his advice for her. I don't why he seems like he's a bit dispirited but I am guessing there's some work-related trauma since he isn't holding a full time job despite being a fully licensed doctor. I am excited to see how she'll end up being the PD of that reality show & how she gets him on board.

21 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMNever fans of Siwon, but this drama might change my mind

I love everything I have seen him in. His past roles though , even when he is the romantic lead tends to make him come across as too comical or sometimes silly. This one is quite different. 

@mademoiselle you're watching this too right?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yes I am and up-to-date. 😊 Don't get fooled by episode 1 "wedding" look. It was just variety show he went on filming.

@SilverMoonTea is right to say this has the drama, In Time with You's vibe (or K-remake version of The Time We Were Not in Love except this is more well done than K version).

===

Four episodes in, we learned that Jae Hoon quit being a neuro-surgeon 3 years ago. He seems to have suffered from a trauma as his hand was shaking. I'm also wondering if his father's death and his mind was worrying about Yeo Reum at the highway stop has something to do with the operation he was doing and maybe he failed to save the patient. Was the patient perhaps his own father...? Stuff like that.

I am curious if Jae Hoon has ever met Yeo Reum's parents. He's such a sweetie for ordering bento boxes for them with Dad's favourite food. If he never met them then that means he's paid very close attention to what Yeo Reum tells him to be able to remember the details.

Honestly I was glad by end of episode 4 Yeo Reum didn't go through with the wedding. Now Mr. Ex can be officially out of the picture. It seems too quick but imma not complaining. And I was all :PsyWhat: with the teasing where they had the almost kiss! I really wanted them to kiss and thank you Show for giving me an imagined version. Hehehe. The "male" into the "female" reference was pretty funny too :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2