King the Land 킹더랜드 [2023]

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

From what I could understand, the document he received was an employee form from King Hotel. Have you completed episode 2? Remember the scene he was searching for someone in King Hotel's system but could not find? I think he was looking for his mum's details. He felt a bit down and was all emotional looking at the nightview beside Sarang after that.

Oh . I have completed eps 2. I didn’t quite understand what it was. Ooo so maybe mum was a hotel employee that had affair with his father. 🧐

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

Oh . I have completed eps 2. I didn’t quite understand what it was. Ooo so maybe mum was a hotel employee that had affair with his father. 🧐

Yup! That's my speculation for the time being, which I think might become a conflict for him later of his feelings for Sarang. Just a hunch for now.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
On 6/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Hello @Min86! Nice to be sharing a thread again. 

Yes!!! It's been a while! 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

From what I could understand, the document he received was an employee form from King Hotel. Have you completed episode 2? Remember the scene he was searching for someone in King Hotel's system but could not find? I think he was looking for his mum's details.

That's what I thought too. Seems like he has no idea about his mother and what happened, so I guess he's trying to find that out.

Btw, is anyone feeling the second main couple? I don't know, but I am not quite sold on them yet.

Edited by Min86
  • Like 4
On 6/23/2023 at 3:26 AM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

No one mentioned GW's colleague, who was wearing a tiger Tshirt. I find him hilarious 😊

The man from the gym? Or his secretary?

On 6/23/2023 at 5:29 AM, Min86 said:

Btw, is anyone feeling the second main couple? I don't know, but I am not quite sold on them yet.

The flight attendant pair? If yes, me too, not sold as yet.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4

Episode 3's highlight for me was Lee Jun Ho's change of facial expression when Sarang mentioned his mother. That was very well done. There was a lot of you stare at me, I stare at you moment especially from Gu Won - as he continues to be attracted to Sarang, and subsconsiously starts to smile. @Chocolate I think of you when I see Gu Won stare at Sarang so intently and then smiles. It's what you told me you like. LOL! I think there was a little tiny bit too much of such scenes, but it was kinda enjoyable as well to see Jun Ho emoting from his eyes.

Other than that, Gu Won was acting like a brat during the shoot. From a work perspective, he was being unprofessional. No one knows his secret, so he should gather himself up rather than making everyone else uncomfortable at the spot. Good that he got a good scolding from Dad. I also hope when he retaliates against his sister, it wasn't just empty words. I genuinely wish he would pull a Reborn Rich style, where he's already got his hands on some company's shares and if he wants to, he'd be able to officially take over the King Group.

This episode is all about Sarang and Gu Won. An episode where they spend some time getting to know each other. Obviously, with Gu Won behaving like a scaredy cat in the night (and even fainted - I died LOL), as well as being bratty and difficult to deal with he hadn't leave a good impression to Sarang. On the contrary, Gu Won is drawn to Sarang's cheerfulness, and is already falling for her. I thought upon seeing the hug in the finale, he was going to be all grumpy with Sarang again but looks like he won't.

The only concern now is, he's making quite obvious his feelings towards Sarang. His sister will definitely try to cause some misunderstanding between them when she finds out.

@SilverMoonTea re: weighing of the flight attendants. Maybe this is exaggerated in the drama, but I'd think a person's weight would have to be measured against their built. Sarang's BFF is a much bigger built person, so a flight attendant her built can't possible have to maintain her weight under 50 too! Some people have heavier bones too. I wonder what's the male's limit is... 70kg? I remember the male celebrities seem to keep theirs around 70kg.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu I went digging on some info on flight attendant requirement in South Korea. Korean Air doesn't mention about weight. One requirement did had me 😮 is the swimming. I suppose it made sense in case the plane crash into an ocean...? I did find one link that says weight is not a requirement, but that's not from Korea, and this one does mention about weight: https://www.beauticate.com/how-to/beauty-tips/the-extreme-beauty-standards-flight-attendants-adhere-to/

Must be an unspoken requirement.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @Tofu  One requirement did had me 😮 is the swimming. I suppose it made sense in case the plane crash into an ocean...? 

I think it did deemed as a quite reasonable requirement, considered sometimes water emergency landing (ditching) is needed. Most famous case is when the US flight encountered a multiple bird strike, the pilot did succesfully landing on water and they all need to swam to boat. 

This China airlines got criticized severely for implementing weight regulation. 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/china-hainan-airlines-weight-restrictions-attendants-intl-hnk/index.html

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I’m rather liking this series so far, tropes and all. As always, the son is from an affair, dad doesn’t think it was love, “rightful” heir is bitter, and in comes cinderella who will break all social norms and make the angry rich kid smile again. Love it. Dr Romantic was very stressful to watch. I need something lighthearted now to keep heart rates a tad lower. Hahaha…

Sister is a real pain, but she did hire Sarang. For sure Sarang is grateful to her. Am also sure she’s going to cause loads of pain to come…

We know a fair bit about Gu Won’s story already, but I am curious about Sarang’s mum (and dad? no mention). Why did she take her to the hotel then, and what happened to her? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 4

Hurray to Sarang breaking up with ignorant BF. :Party01: Except this ignorant BF is so ignorant that he thinks she asked to breakup because he suggested they eat gimbap. Totally missing the point, and not even once stop to evaluate and assess what really went wrong in their relationship. Based on the next episode preview, it is not the end of him yet, but I'm glad this time Gu Won is around.

Gu Won is hilarious. Where can we find a bloody good-looking rich chaebol who never had any experience in women or dating? It so doesn't exist in real life, yet that is why everything he does now is so clumby and entertaining.

That said, I'm getting tired of hearing Gu Won warning dear ol' half-sister. Can he please please please do or plan something already whilst chasing after Sarang. I feel like together with Sarang, he can do something for King Hotel. She's teaching him some basic things or two at the moment. I really need him to stop just looking pretty but also strategising up a business plan! Imma is all for the romance, but I do like my male lead being a double winner in both his career and romance.

Should I be worried about BFF flight attendant's romance with cute hoobae named Rowoon (why this name, writernim)? It feels like things are going too smoothly for them. As for the other friend, oh man, it's like a deja vu of the super loooooong novel that I didn't get to finish before I went travelling. In that novel, the FL's sister's in laws were the same. The in laws and the husband's sister & family would visit her house and ate all their good food, but never helped with the dishes! I'm suspecting the hubby is cheating on her too!

Just when I thought Sarang finally found herself a good manager, the other workmates are sh*t. Sigh~ Come to think of it, if she dates Gu Won, the workplace will not be a fun place to be. People will pretend to be nice, but gossip behind her back.

Sarang's parents must be deceased since she never mentioned them, and only calls Halmoni and visited her.

Some more yummy stills :pandablush:

20230626_134422_3777.jpg

Spoiler

20230626_134428_9264.jpg20230626_134435_1584.jpg20230626_132615_2310.jpg20230626_132620_2470.jpg20230626_132630_5651.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

While I am expecting this drama to be one of those traditional rom-coms, I do hope the writer can tone down some of the super cringey bits ...like what happened at the end of episode 4. I confess even the most seasoned rom-com viewer in me was just dying of cringe as she fell most unnaturally into his harms. And while  I do love how handsome Jun Ho is in his suit ( bless my eyes), Gu Won has been pretty one dimensional so far considering this has been 4 episodes. He comes across as a brat who is just angry all the time. I am certain it is intentional so that we can see how love / Sarang changes him but still I kept wanting to see more layers to him. I am sorely missing JunHo's crown prince Yi San in The Red Sleeve. Let's not waste what Jun Ho is capable of. 

Also, I need to know what it is that Gu Won is after. I know he wants more information about his mother, but  I hope he has some sort of plan. I am actually waiting for that moment when he decides to really go against his sister. I just need to see him have some fire there and have a focus. Of course now his attention has shifted to courting Sarang, which is expected given that this is a rom-com. Though I was pleasantly surprised at how obvious he is with his feelings. I definitely felt how uncomfortable Sarang was during that "welcome dinner" . She won't want the rest of her co-workers to think she's getting preference of some sort.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring