One of the many things about BTS performances that I appreciate is that in each performance, the guys like to change it up and try different things, but they also become looser, more playful. They are promoting Butter now, so here are some performance clips. Watch and see what I mean!

Their BBMA performance on May 23, 2021.

Their performance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert - May 25, 2021.

Their performance to start the Summer Concert Series on Good Morning America - May 28, 2021.

Bonus from their GMA Summer Concert Series performance - a tropical version of Dynamite.

• Party! 1

This is just a pure performance video with the boys dancing and being adorable. Because we just can't get enough of them singing and dancing to this song, not to mention literally forming "ARMY" with their bodies. 

Also, doesn't Suga look really young with his cap on? He seems to be softening from his earlier, moodier image. Suga dancing and goofing off at the end of the hotter version of Butter still makes that vid my fave one so far. Though, to be honest, I love all of the performances.

They did a photoshoot for Map of the Persona: ON:E, and just released this photoshoot session including short interviews with each of the guys.

One of the things that all of the guys say over and over is how much they miss performing to a live audience of ARMY. It's so nice, how much they value their fans and don't take them at all for granted. They also look back to similarities with earlier performances.

All of a sudden it made me wonder if they'll ever not be a top group, performing in arenas to their legions of devoted fans. Nothing lasts forever, so perhaps it's just as well to enjoy this special group as much as we can while we can.

• 1 month later...

This also dropped this week. The guys walking the Louis Vuitton Men's Fall/Winter Collection. I have to hand it to the director for an imaginative use of BTS' charisma in presenting the collection in a non-traditional format. It utilizes some of BTS' own production elements that they used during COVID restricted performances, and blended it with the LV aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...

These are just the funniest things. It seems to be a commercial that BTS shot for Lotte for Xylitol which is an ingredient in sugarless gums which actually seems to help strengthen teeth. Anyway, they're kind of hilarious and cute. My fave may be the Smile Cleaning one.

Movie Version with Intros

Crowding on a sofa

Saving a flower

Making up after a fight

Cleaning Up

• 2 weeks later...

BTS did a performance for BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge. They performed 3 songs - "Permission to Dance", "Dynamite", and a cover of "I'll Be Missing You" which is a 1997 song by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans as a tribute to The Notorious BIG (Faith Evan's husband) which also sampled the music and lyrics of the Police song "Every Breath You Take"

All three performances were fantastic, but it's their cover of "I'll Be Missing You" which is trending worldwide. It's pretty amazing with the Vocal Line showing off their vocal dexterity and harmony, and with Suga and J-Hope adding rap verses in Korean that are topical and meaningful in addition to RM's lead in rap in English that is more faithful to the original.

Here are the Rap Lines' lyrics, as noted by numerous commenters on YT. I couldn't figure out who the original translator was to give credit to from the many who posted these.

[RM Intro]

Yeah, this right here goes out to everyone that can't see someone that they truly love (check it, yo)

[RM verse]
In the future, can't wait to see
If you'll open up the gates for me
Reminisce some time
The night they took my chance
Try to black it out, but it plays again
When it's real, feelings hard to conceal
Can't imagine all the pain I feel
Give anything to see half your face
I know we're still living our lives after this

[SUGA verse (translated)]
We're now used to our routines taken away
But still can't give up living on
We're more worn out because we don't know where this ends
We're an island we made ourselves because we couldn't trust each other
Hope an end comes for this tiring pandemic virus
Negative thoughts can sometimes be a minus
I knew it wasn't the end so I couldn't say bye
When that day comes, will say "hi" like nothing happened 

[J Hope verse (translated)]
I hate this world, our traces became memories
I just empty my mind, trust without conditions
I fill it every day with just loneliness
Not like the longing that encircles me
We miss you, baby
Whenever it may be
Here’s hoping we meet again,
I promise

Heck, even Sting who wrote the original song for the Synchronicity album gave this song his approval via twitter. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I saw BTS's promo for the new Samsung Galaxy Flip phone and well, I feel like I need one now. Hahaha!! 

After watching it, I feel the urge for a new phone, and make it a flip phone. I've never had one before, but this could be a whole new world!

I love the idea of dancing to BTS on the subway, though people would probably think that I was mentally and physically challenged if I did that since I don't have the smooth moves. Still, I don't need permission to dance!

:lmao2:

The BTS commercials have actually been pretty fun lately, capturing the guys' playfulness and love of dance and music. This is from FILA Korean and the campaign is centered on "Dynamite".

The previous Fila campaign based around "ON" was much more serious in tone. It fit that song well, but I have to say that the behind the scenes was a lot more fun. Since I'm talking about it, here is the campaign video and the behind the scenes that they released of that shoot.

The Now ON Fila commercial

The behind the scene for this commercial

27 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

They also received diplomatic passport from President Moon. Congrats. 

Right? How crazy is that?

Also, the story seems to be that BTS were asked to address the UN General Assembly again, and President Moon was then asked to participate in the Sustainable Development Goals committee, so President Moon decided to make BTS special diplomatic envoys. The guys have diplomatic passports, y'all!

Good thing that the guys have such good natures and are all respectful of their reach and influence so that they won't misuse their diplomatic immunities.

One of the many things to appreciate about BTS, all of the guys still seem sincerely grateful and humble. They always seem as if they can hardly believe it themselves. Even RM who comes across as possibly the cockiest of the guys is always thanking ARMY, the other guys, and the staff for enabling their success.

On a side note, I sometimes wonder at how other k-pop groups must feel watching all this, especially the k-pop groups who had been pretty big while BTS were struggling and going through their various existential crises. I mean, they all practice ridiculously hard and essentially give up their personal lives for the group. They also have members who are fluent in other languages and try to cultivate both dometic and international markets. However, none of them have gotten anywhere near the universal acclaim that BTS is enjoying. Blackpink may be the closest right now, but it still doesn't seem to be at the level that BTS is enjoying. I mean, come on, diplomatic passports!

So proud of Jin, Suga, RM, j-hope, V, Jimin, and JK!

• Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyseI also mentioned to @Tofu, BTS absolutely can't afford to have any scandal. Now with this diplomatic passport, they already become as Korea's representative to the world. A lot of stake in place. 

You were right, it's sad to see the group hardwork can be washed off just because 1 or 2 members involved in scandal. To name it few : JYJ, CN Blue, NCT. ( I quite fond of JYJ, so it was quite shocked when PYC's dark life brought up into public's eyes).

I read somewhere that the diplomatic passport only can be used if they're tasked by government to support some project. But if it's travelling for personal usage, they need to use their normal passport. 

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

15 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I read somewhere that the diplomatic passport only can be used if they're tasked by government to support some project. But if it's travelling for personal usage, they need to use their normal passport. 

That's true, but we've seen people who are on "official" business also have enough personal time while traveling to get in trouble, then they try to use diplomatic immunity to get out of it. Not that I think BTS will do that.

Now with this diplomatic passport, they already become as Korea's representative to the world.

I feel as if they were already unofficial ambassadors for SK anyway. It's now just official. However, I can only image the additional pressure that the members must face with each honor. It's definitely no longer just a case of them being themselves and bringing their fans along for the fun.

You were right, it's sad to see the group hardwork can be washed off just because 1 or 2 members involved in scandal. To name it few : JYJ, CN Blue, NCT. ( I quite fond of JYJ, so it was quite shocked when PYC's dark life brought up into public's eyes).

I was shocked by JYJ and CN Blue as well. I'm not that familiar with NCT so I didn't notice it as much. I think JYJ is pretty much over, and I think that Junsu and Jae Joong will just focus on their solo careers. As for the 3 member CN Blue, I think they're still pretty good, but I do miss Jong Hyun's voice in balance to Jung Hwa's voice.

• Like 1

BTS gave a speech before the UN during their SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) Moment on Monday, September 20, 2021. They spoke in Korean this time, and all 7 guys took a turn expressing their thoughts, primarily a message of hope and a protest that they are not the Lost Generation to Coronavirus, but rather the Welcome Generation. Here is a version of the speech with English subs.

Then they played a pre-recorded performance that they had recorded on Sunday where they sang in the GA Assembly room, the lobby, and the grounds of the UN. It's amazing, moving, and fun.  Is this the first time that the GA Assembly room has hosted a performance? I'm not sure but can't think of any others who actually performed in the GA rather than just addressing them.

• Like 1

Then they went on to sit down for interviews. This is the one that BTS had with President Moon Jae In of the Republic of Korea with the Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications, Melissa Fleming, who seems very charmed by our septet. It's a thoughtful, considered interview.

Finally, this is BTS' address to the GA via video in 2020 about going through the pandemic. It was released last year by UNICEF, but re-released this year with their in-person address and performance to the UN. It's worth watching to listen (read) about their experiences during the pandemic, RM speaks in English but the others speak in their native Korean. All of the guys have thoughtful remarks, frequently drawn from personal experiences, as they struggle with representing their generation to the much older generations who are the political leaders of the world.

• Like 1