Lovely Runner 선재 업고 튀어 [2024]

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes  - I watched  Something in The Rain His style is definitely in the trailers for Hagwon . I know SITR also tortured my soul but the writer is different from SITR & One Spring Night - so fingers crossed.

Yeah. Fingers crossed. That writer and this PD as a combo drive me up the wall. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not about to let them fool me thrice. 😅

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes. :poliWeird: 16 hours . My oppas powered me through. Even Blood Free went a lil haywire as the episodes progressed. 

Yeah, I can understand. The love/fondness had to be very strong to get through bad drama for Oppa. Sometimes I even ended up being angry Oppa picked bad script and lose my love for them xD

@Alice Wonderland Look what I found on my YT!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
On 5/7/2024 at 7:00 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, Sun Jae isn't dead, is Sol too rushed to use this one last chance? That said, I pity Sun Jae's unrequited love but then, I also really enjoy watching him "suffer" because Byeon Woo Seok is emoting just the way I like it, especially at the scene where Sol was drunk/crying. His own eyes were turning watery and red, and not knowing what she's talking about, you can see his heart goes soft at her tears. Boy is so whipped, I just love it.

I am super glad he's figured out she's from the future!!! The time did not freeze when she sang the song. Is that because Sun Jae has already "finished" the song? And I think there is a loophole in this time-freeze rule. Sol cannot tell Sun Jae, but Sun Jae could ask all the questions (like he did when she was drunk) and she can give him clues by answering his questions.

Yes!! I agree with everything you said here @mademoiselle! Byeon Woo Seok is doing an AMAZING job at portraying Ryu Sunjae. The way he shows his emotions is never over the top and delivers them perfectly. The boy is so whipped for Sol! I love how he tries to play it cool in front of her but fails so miserably. I don't even have words for how well BWS is delivering.

I think perhaps that time did not freeze when she sang the song because it was not intentional? She wasn't intentionally trying to tell him about it and it also wasn't a direct revelation in a sense that he already knew the song. At this point, I don't even care if this was a plot hole. I'm just so happy he finally figured out she's from the future, that she likes him and that everything she's done is for him.

The ending of ep 10 where he tells her he figured it all out and he gently cups her face and tells her that if he dies trying to save her, then it's okay and that all she has to do is like him... I DIED!!! How can he be so perfect guys?! HOW??

I am truly enjoying Lovely Runner. It's been a while since a drama has made me feel this way. I loved Queen of Tears as well but this one just gives me butterflies in a way where I feel like I'm back in high school, falling in love with a boy for the first time. LOL

MY GAWD! Ryu Sunjae is going to be the death of me!!

I saw on social media that they're calling it a Ryu Sunjae pandemic and let me tell you, I've definitely caught the love bug :heart:

I saw another post on social media saying we were all Im Sol once.. BWS has appeared in so many dramas before but we just didn't notice and now all of a sudden he's all we can see! I felt that one. :laugh:

I personally don't think Ryu Sunjae is a time traveler and I don't know if he will time travel in the next episodes. But I agree that 6 episodes is still a long way to go. So perhaps part of it will be them having their dating era and maybe part of it would be dealing with the future that has changed. Perhaps they will have to work together so that they can finally have a future together. And I am curious to find out what role Kim Tae Sung will play in that future. Will he be looking out for Ryu Sunjae like Sol asked? Will Ryu Sunjae still be an idol in 2023?

Oh and by the way, I have Weverse 

• Haha 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

55 minutes ago, Mouse said:

BWS has appeared in so many dramas before but we just didn't notice and now all of a sudden he's all we can see! I felt that one.

:laugh: I didn't even realize he was in Scarlet Heart Ryeo, one of my epic dramas, and in 3 other dramas that I enjoyed tremendously before discovering him in SGNS. Okay, to be fair, he only appeared a few seconds in one episode of Ryeo, but I did go and find his scenes :smug: 

@abs-oluteM so is Nothing Uncovered worth to try? I usually don't really fancy watching KHN, but I like both male leads. Nothing personal, just that watching her sometimes made me feel sleepy. She has that... how should I describe it... a look that seems resigned...? 

I might try Hagwon, if I can squeeze out the time :GrowDerp:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

By the way, I also saw someone post on social media - "If you had to pick between Duan Jiaxu and Ryu Sunjae, who would you choose?"

Ryu Sunjae all the way! :laugh:

There's a Weverse event where you can send BWS a DM but I haven't joined the community event yet. I haven't been on Weverse much since BTS' enlistment (oops did I just reveal I'm ARMY?) :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Mouse said:

By the way, I also saw someone post on social media - "If you had to pick between Duan Jiaxu and Ryu Sunjae, who would you choose?"

Ryu Sunjae all the way! :laugh:

There's a Weverse event where you can send BWS a DM but I haven't joined the community event yet. I haven't been on Weverse much since BTS' enlistment (oops did I just reveal I'm ARMY?) :laugh:

Ahahahaha you are Army?! Who is your bias?

I read that the DM is paid service? He posted his workout pics (previous page) today and on Weibo, people were complaining they cannot be reposted and that is the reason they paid for it. But then I go to Twitter, everyone is sharing. Hahaha! He was reading everyone's text messages to him (well, so it seems).

Kim Soo Hyun joined Bubble.

I personally can't follow anymore with more SNS... I'll just sit tight and wait for fans to share them.

9 minutes ago, Mouse said:

😫 why are we choosing?!! What did Jia Xu lose out on, @Mouse? What about Hyun Woo?

• Haha 4
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Ahahahaha you are Army?! Who is your bias?

Yes I am! Jungkook is my bias but Yoongi is my bias wrecker. IYKYK :laugh: Is anyone here ARMY?

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

why are we choosing?!! What did Jia Xu lose out on, @Mouse? What about Hyun Woo?

LOL I love Duan Jiaxu and of course Hyun Woo! But Ryu Sunjae is my flavour of the month so...

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM so is Nothing Uncovered worth to try? I usually don't really fancy watching KHN, but I like both male leads. Nothing personal, just that watching her sometimes made me feel sleepy. She has that... how should I describe it... a look that seems resigned...? 

I might try Hagwon, if I can squeeze out the time :GrowDerp:

The plot for Nothing Uncovered just goes round & round. Don't waste your time especially when time is not on your side. Better you watch the daily drama with me ahahaha...

Spoiler

It has its good moments but dragged out due to 16 eps. 12 eps would have served the storyline better. KHN is also one of those actresses where she's got this coldness to her - like a wall. Both male leads try hard but there's like zero chemie. I was suffering watching both oppas "fight" over her.  

Yes, please try Hagwon. :hug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mouse said:

Yes!! I agree with everything you said here @mademoiselle! Byeon Woo Seok is doing an AMAZING job at portraying Ryu Sunjae. The way he shows his emotions is never over the top and delivers them perfectly. The boy is so whipped for Sol! I love how he tries to play it cool in front of her but fails so miserably. I don't even have words for how well BWS is delivering.

He's come a long way to finally hit success. I saw a cut of him on a show with two men that he's auditioned over a 100 times and failed before. Someone told him in 3-4 years he would not hit it big with his acting chops. I do think it's true back in the days when he was doing supporting roles, which I've seen many and remembered him in some, he stood up with his looks (which is why I remember), but acting was so-so. However, now, he's mature and improved enough to tackle the required acting and Ryu Sun Jae is a good role. 

I can't wait to see if @abs-oluteM would fall for him! Haha! Let us know how you went and liked his tears. :lmao2:

9 hours ago, Mouse said:

I think perhaps that time did not freeze when she sang the song because it was not intentional? She wasn't intentionally trying to tell him about it and it also wasn't a direct revelation in a sense that he already knew the song. At this point, I don't even care if this was a plot hole. I'm just so happy he finally figured out she's from the future, that she likes him and that everything she's done is for him.

I think it might be both after watching episode 10. She could indirectly tell him, but she cannot outright tell him in a straightforward manner. Hint, examples, scenarios that sort. The time freeze because the incident hasn't happened, but the song has already completed, so it makes sense why time didn't freeze. LOL, imagine her on Sun Jae's back frozen in time whilst she sang the whole song :laugh:. Totally could do that so I could hug him and kiss him without him knowing! LMAO.

9 hours ago, Mouse said:

The ending of ep 10 where he tells her he figured it all out and he gently cups her face and tells her that if he dies trying to save her, then it's okay and that all she has to do is like him... I DIED!!! How can he be so perfect guys?! HOW??

Eeeeeee! This scene had me fawning too. He's not even fazed by the fact that he'll die. He just wants to cherish his time with her. So whipped. So ... I don't know... lol

9 hours ago, Mouse said:

I saw another post on social media saying we were all Im Sol once.. BWS has appeared in so many dramas before but we just didn't notice and now all of a sudden he's all we can see! I felt that one.

Have you watched 20th Century Girl?

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

Yes I am! Jungkook is my bias but Yoongi is my bias wrecker. IYKYK :laugh: Is anyone here ARMY?

I'm not ARMY and it's been a long, slow journey to learn each BTS member. Hahaha! I went from just knowing V (through Hwarang), Jin (coz he's got the looks), RM (know the face & the one who speaks English well but always forget name) and recently Jungkook because my friend loves him, and his songs are all over the IG as BGM. Who is Yoongi? Ohhh, he is SUGA. Mind you, I may not remember them all. Haha.

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

LOL I love Duan Jiaxu and of course Hyun Woo! But Ryu Sunjae is my flavour of the month so...

Can't we just keep them all in the closet??? I think I choose Sun Jae for his sweetness (so whipped) and undying love for Sol as it lasted for 15 years. Can't doubt Hyun Woo, too, as he went through life & death for Hae In. That leaves Jia Xu, not saying he doesn't love Sang Zi to death, but the character hit the heart differently. That said, Jia Xu may be more realistic than Sun Jae and Hyun Woo (typically doesn't exist in this world, hahaha).

By the way, the OST song RUN RUN might be another song Sun Jae wrote to Sol. As in episode 11 preview there was a line he said he will diligently run to the 34 years old's Sol. Awwww. Stopppp. He has to be a singer, else how will she hear all these songs? Maybe he became a solo actor/singer instead.

@SilverMoonTea Where are youuuuuu? Still going strong? Are you developing SLS for Tae Seong's appearance? I do enjoy his scenes with Sol, just not the imagined ones - too extreme and exaggerated. 

Is everyone liking Im Geum and her BFF's scenes? I think Im Geum's performance here is too exaggerated, I don't like it. I liked her BFF when she did Business Proposal (with the mix Konglish) but here she's often too over the top.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Where are youuuuuu? Still going strong? Are you developing SLS for Tae Seong's appearance? I do enjoy his scenes with Sol, just not the imagined ones - too extreme and exaggerated. 

Is everyone liking Im Geum and her BFF's scenes? I think Im Geum's performance here is too exaggerated, I don't like it. I liked her BFF when she did Business Proposal (with the mix Konglish) but here she's often too over the top.

Haha reporting back here. I just finished latest episodes and it was quite cute. Especially like where Sol keep running around from him during the freshman training. The way he looked at her just so swoonie. Every time she turned around he's there looking at her. 

And that chaotic Tae Sung & Sun Jae fight at Sol's home also so amusing. And no my SLS didn't developed further. He seems already letting Sol go too. 

Idk why everytime Geum appear he reminded me of Jasper Liu haha @JenL maybe because it's similar hairstyle. He's quite funny for me and Hyun Ju actress is cute. 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha reporting back here. I just finished latest episodes and it was quite cute. Especially like where Sol keep running around from him during the freshman training. The way he looked at her just so swoonie. Every time she turned around he's there looking at her. 

Yeah, it reminds us of our own school days. The embarrassment when our crush(es) saw us doing something silly etc. BUT!!! My school does not have a Ryu Sun Jae that looks as tall and as handsome as Byeon Woo Seok! The pond is even more boring now in the work force. Ugh.

And that chaotic Tae Sung & Sun Jae fight at Sol's home also so amusing.

Haha yes! That was childish of them, but hey, won't complain since I got to see Sun Jae's muscular arm (tag @abs-oluteM for arm alert). Who is the one who likes arms amongst us again? Is it you? Do you like veiny ones? I saw a pic of him with very veiny arm, might be right after lifting weights. Usually it won't get so veiny.

Idk why everytime Geum appear he reminded me of Jasper Liu haha

Omg no. Jasper is cuter. LOL

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle I want Monday soon!!! The newest prev isjust so embarassingly cute. Im Sol never fail to make us feel embrassed along with her, gosh 😄😆😆

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
23 hours ago, Mouse said:

😫 why are we choosing?!! What did Jia Xu lose out on, @Mouse? What about Hyun Woo?

I can say it right away! Sun Jae is my choice hahaha. Luckily those r the options @Mouse

On 5/9/2024 at 7:08 PM, mademoiselle said:

Look what I found on my YT!

I have seen it long time ago after I knew they will have drama project together. Even for those several minutes they look so good togwther and their chemies r just natural. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

And @mademoiselle There is another fun video from their drama press conference, where the two asked by the host about interesting episode or something from the drama filming that is memorable. HY replied she thought they would make an interesting episode one but none. But BWS reminds her there is one and whispered to her. She then told about how she surprised that his height would be as tall as the door when he opened the door. And the amazing netizens found this 'secret code' as he refers to their hot scene from ep 8 after he got confession from Sol. Goshh, my delulu mind, 🤣🤣

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Haha 5
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He's come a long way to finally hit success. I saw a cut of him on a show with two men that he's auditioned over a 100 times and failed before. Someone told him in 3-4 years he would not hit it big with his acting chops. I do think it's true back in the days when he was doing supporting roles, which I've seen many and remembered him in some, he stood up with his looks (which is why I remember), but acting was so-so. However, now, he's mature and improved enough to tackle the required acting and Ryu Sun Jae is a good role. 

@mademoiselle Oh I saw that clip as well (as you can imagine, my IG feed is filled with BWS LOL) and yes, I totally agree with you in that Ryu Sunjae is a good role for him and he is doing an amazing job with it from the way he smiles coyly, to the way he looks at Im Sol, even the way he portrays hurt and disappointment (the look of disappointment during that scene where they were taking photo booth photos was 100%). Mind you, I did not notice him in any of his previous roles apart from 20th Century Girl and unfortunately I still haven't seen Strong Woman, Namsoon so I don't know he did there either. 

Have you watched 20th Century Girl?

Yes, I watched it as soon as it came out and loved him there but I feel like it didn't really showcase his full potential because it was a movie and was much shorter than a series. I was devastated when he died in the end and what's even worse was that they never told us how he died! I was so upset!

I'm not ARMY and it's been a long, slow journey to learn each BTS member. Hahaha! I went from just knowing V (through Hwarang), Jin (coz he's got the looks), RM (know the face & the one who speaks English well but always forget name) and recently Jungkook because my friend loves him, and his songs are all over the IG as BGM. Who is Yoongi? Ohhh, he is SUGA. Mind you, I may not remember them all. Haha.

I only became ARMY last year and it started with me stumbling across a video of their dance practice and since I love dance, I was so impressed and went looking for more and before you know it, I was obsessed and became a huge fan. I then started going through all their other stuff - Run BTS, In the Soop, etc and now I know all of them pretty well. Even though I have a bias, I like them all and appreciate each member equally. 

Can't we just keep them all in the closet??? I think I choose Sun Jae for his sweetness (so whipped) and undying love for Sol as it lasted for 15 years. Can't doubt Hyun Woo, too, as he went through life & death for Hae In. That leaves Jia Xu, not saying he doesn't love Sang Zi to death, but the character hit the heart differently. That said, Jia Xu may be more realistic than Sun Jae and Hyun Woo (typically doesn't exist in this world, hahaha).

Hahaha! I have to admit my closet keeps needing to be renovated to make more room because I've collected so many over the years. :laugh: but yes, of the 3, Duan Jiaxu is the most realistic. Sun Jae and Hyun Woo are the stuff dreams are made of. But, one can only hope to meet any of the 3 in real life.

I am also finding them a bit over the top which I find sort of unnecessary, given that we are getting plenty of comedy already just from Im Sol and Sun Jae. Although I do want them to end up together and have their children. 

By the way, the OST song RUN RUN might be another song Sun Jae wrote to Sol. As in episode 11 preview there was a line he said he will diligently run to the 34 years old's Sol. Awwww. Stopppp. He has to be a singer, else how will she hear all these songs? Maybe he became a solo actor/singer instead.

Aw! I didn't even catch that but you may be right! And yes, I agree that he has to be a singer because the songs he wrote for her need to be heard by her and not just that, but she needs to hear him sing them because the way he sings it, you can just feel all the strong emotions behind it. 

Also, he has the talent and the looks for that line of work. I do hope he becomes an idol again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've been rewatching (Ep1-4). With rewatch, I'm really curious with the first original timeline. In that timeline, Sun Jae looks sadder and lonelier. With these first 4 episodes, I find myself liking the even episodes lots because these are the episodes where we are privy to Sun Jae's POV and thoughts. In episode 4 when they showed us the Han river bridge scene again, Sun Jae was sad Sol still doesn't remember him.

I'm FF through Strong Girl Nam Soon now — just Byeon Woo Seok's scenes. He is drop-dead handsome in the suit. Loved it whenever he's smiles at Nam Soon with so much adoration.

@Alice Wonderland Nooo, I don't want Monday to come sooner, even though I miss Sun Jae. Hahaha!!! There are so many videos of him, I've no time to watch it all! Talking about taller than the door. I saw a scene he walks through a door, but he wasn't taller. His Western bodyguard is the one taller than the door. That said, there is a clip of his friend doing live where he called Woo Seok out for lying about his height on public profile. The ex-label mate said he had publicly measured his own height, which is 188 cm, so Woo Seok cannot be 187 cm. Woo Seok then admitted he is taller than his friend and that his height fluctuates between 187–190 cm. :laugh: Fans also posted the first public profile of his from his agency, and at the time it was 190 cm. LMAO, he and Rowoon, jjinja... keeps lying about their heights. That means he's probably 190-192 cm now.

@Mouse In Strong Girl, he's a lonely villain. An orphan that was forced to take the wrong path from the beginning. The drama showed some of his backstory, so he's not a one-dimensional villain. I can't yet say if he's doing good as a villain because at the moment he's more pretty than evil. Hahaha!

True, true. It would have been nice if 20th Century Girl is a series. 10 episodes should be good enough. Same. I've been wondering what is the cause of his death, but I supposed it didn't matter in narrative. It doesn't change the end result.

Agreed. I actually don't mind Im Geum and BFF's love line if it was developed it normally. First, the BFF needs to lose the tacky hairstyle. LOL

Running Man Preview - Byeon Woo Seok as Guest

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Two episodes done. Very interesting show with good chemistry between the leads. I shed some tears each time the FL cried knowing how hard she was trying to save him. Romance wise I wasn't quite convince how that could happen given she appeared like a lunatic when she went back in time. If felt a little inorganic that he would be drawn to her when she was behaving so strangely. Then the magic happened in the 2nd half of eps 2 where we saw his POV. How he crushed on her first since he had just moved to the neighbourhood and fell in love at first sight. That was well done. 

I love the little teasing at the end of ep 2 ....initially it didn't seem she could change fate but that photo of them together in his hotel room in the present time line meant that something is different now that that she is more involved in his life in the past time line. 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Why nobody warn me that ep 4 is gonna be a tearjerker???? I bawled my eyes out the entire episode feeling so much regret - the sort of regret that Sol was feeling. If only she had remembered him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Why nobody warn me that ep 4 is gonna be a tearjerker???? I bawled my eyes out the entire episode feeling so much regret - the sort of regret that Sol was feeling. If only she had remembered him. 

Can't remember if I cried for this episode... :pandascared: Most of the time, especially when Sun Jae's POVs are shown, I just feel extra emotions. Episode 4 is one of that episode for me. From the beginning of the Han River bridge to his "What am I going to do with you?" worries after saving her, and the epilogue confirming he did purposely call Sol, and was so disappointed she doesn't remember him.

So happy you are now hooked. Hahaha!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

@mademoiselle I will surely finish this hahahaahah....but TBH, eps 4 was particularly sad because even when she couldn't remember him and didn't realise it was him who saved her, he's always remembered her. I can see why he took his life as I don't think he's ever been truly happy.  Swimming  was his real passion not singing but that got cut short. Then I can only imagine that the entertainment agency must have exploited him. 

• Like 3

@abs-oluteM Do you watch this from VIU or iQiyi? We need your mum to join the bandwagon. Hahaha!

I don't remember feeling very sad in episode 4. As the story moves on, I think it added up, the emotions, revelation and longing for Sun Jae. Let us know how you feel when you hit episode 8. Hehehe. That is still my favourite episode.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

@abs-oluteM OK, now you have to watch the deleted scenes. Ep 3-5

Spoiler

Ep4

Ep5

Has adoption happened yet? He's too cute not to adopt... xDDDD

img.gif

P.S. He did the air kiss with so much force, I was actually worried he'd worsen his shoulder :lmao2:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1