Lovely Runner 선재 업고 튀어 [Current - Mon/Tue]

A nice start for episode 1 and pacing was fast that Im Sol has travelled back in time the moment Sun Jae died. How Sun Jae died is questionable. The news reported that he takes pills for depression and insomnia, and it was a suicide act. However, just before he died, his hotel room's doorbell was ringing. Next we see, he fell into the swimming pool from his hotel room. I cannot rule out murder. Alternatively, he intended to die so that Im Sol can return to the past, so that they could meet again.

I keep having this thought that 2008–2023's Sun Jae knows Im Sol, and is waiting for her (the one he met in the past). But in this timeline, Sol is only his fan because she hasn't time-travelled yet. There are a few very suss scenes as well. Mum is hiding something from Sol when she mentioned the person who "saves" her when she has a car accident. And then there's also how the radio station would call her mobile phone after her accident, and Sun Jae looks almost like he intended to call her and cheer her on.

Byeon Woo Seok is so handsome and charming, there is nothing to pick on. @Alice Wonderland are you checking this out for shuai gege?

• Like 3

@Mouse @gilaswan @ktcjdrama After Queen (or during), you guys might want to check this out. I have a feeling it might be your cuppa for the romance element if you guys love Queen. The male lead is tall and gorgeous, so easy on all our eyes. Keke.

In episode 1, we learnt that the male lead Sun Jae's encouragement towards female lead, Im Sol, is the reason she kept strong and live on after become disabled. She became his diehard fan. He shielded her with an umbrella in the snow and she gave him mint candies he likes.

However, we learnt that in 2008, he was the one who fell for her first! He likes mint candies it's because of her. Their first meet, she was the one who shielded him with her umbrella in the rain. They take the same bus, not because of coincidents, but because he was waiting outside of her house (think they are neighbours), and followed behind her... 

There are definitely some cuteness in here.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Done 2 episodes! I like it! It gives me Extraordinary You vibes but different story and all. Im Sol does reflect Eun Dan Oh, and her time travelling too resambles with her manhwa life. Even they kinda give the same vibe but somehow it feels different too.

There is a rule to this space-time, whenever she talks about the future, the time will stop and it will back to the time before she could utter any future secrets to them. Things we have, the present doesn't have Sun Je and the past has the future Sol. And her mission is to prevent his suicide death. Interesting. It does reminds me a lot with EDO who tried her best to defeat fate. Is the writer is the same one who wrote EY too? I'm going to check it out later.

• Like 4

The BTS too r so fun like the actual episodes, that grandma scene with the trio, SJ, LTS and IS. KTS laughed at her role this time as grandma is so hillariously fun. Her voice telling about the water ghost sounds fun like a grandma one. Wish someone could translate the bts too. I think KHY chemi with the casts are so fun. KTS is the same actor she acted in Sky Castle too. She said they're close but he replied jokingly they arent. Lol

KHY's hitting habbit continues here, even she hits the director's shoulder too, 😄😆 she definitely makes herself comfortable with everyone. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1

@mademoiselle Finally watch episodes 1 and 2 and my goodness, I love it!

It makes sense that time stops when she tries to tell him anything about the future which means there's limits to what she is able to do and she'll have to figure out another way to change the outcome.

I was a little worried that I would find the FL's eccentricity annoying but that wasn't the case at all. I found myself laughing at her goofiness and the way that she kept embarrassing herself in front of Sun Jae. 

Spoiler

The last scene of ep 2 was so unexpected! So as it turns out, he liked her first! 

My mind was reeling after this revelation. So in the original timeline, it looks like he knew her but she was never aware of his existence.

1. Makes me wonder if he was somehow present when she had the accident
  2. Was he aware it was her on the phone at the radio station?
  3. Does that mean he recognized her when he saw her on the bridge after the concert?
  4. Also, it looks like he was originally a swimmer and somehow got into singing.. did he get into it because of her?

They have good chemistry and I just hope the writer doesn't kill Byeon Woo-Seok in this one like what happened in 20th Century Girl :letalQQ:

• Like 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse you love it, yeah Me too!! I have rewatched it like 6 times already but it isn't monday yet, 😪

I have those multiple questions as well, and I think the future changed, there's a pic of them appears on his table. Is it a sign that she changed the past affect their future? I find it fun to discuss this more. Hahaha, the story is written well. 

KHY is making Sol character lovable and fun, she did well again for every character she plays. Love it! She can make me cry with sol and laugh ao much at her whenever she fails to get closer at him. That jeom jeom BGM along with the cartoon indicator is just fun to watch too. 😆  And BWS, his acting is just great as well. The plot twist scene is the best.

Spoiler

He delivers the first love feeling so endearingly lovely. 

Have you seen the pre-release of ep 3-4? Drunken Sol cracking up SJ with her English word jokes, so cutee aah 😄😍

No, Sol is persistent, she will definitwly save him, yeah, I am still upset with 20CG ending. The writer is just so cruel!

I can't see those pics @mademoiselle why?

• Like 4
Posted (edited)

@Mouse The last scene of episode 2 was the deciding factor to summon you. Hahaha! It was so sweet, I love it. Hahaha, 20th CG was a good movie. Sad, but bittersweet. I think this one we'll have happy ending.

11 hours ago, Mouse said:

My mind was reeling after this revelation. So in the original timeline, it looks like he knew her but she was never aware of his existence.

1. Makes me wonder if he was somehow present when she had the accident
  2. Was he aware it was her on the phone at the radio station?
  3. Does that mean he recognized her when he saw her on the bridge after the concert?
  4. Also, it looks like he was originally a swimmer and somehow got into singing.. did he get into it because of her?

My take:

Spoiler

1. I think he was. There was a scene she mentioned to her mum she thought about the person who saved her. Mum looks uneasy. In the preview, there was some scene where Sol looked like she's having an accident and we see Sun Jae running to her (in school uniform).

2. I also think he does. I think he purposely picked her number to call and was looking extremely serious/nervous when the phone was ringing. Bit sus.

3. Yes. Netizens screenshot a scene from preview whereby Sol returned home with his umbrella and from afar watching was Sun Jae. Also, it was coupled with a line "you don't remember me" — 😭 there's some degree of sadness in this.

4. Not sure about this bit.

@Alice Wonderland Mwo?! 6 times! I can see the photos now, can you?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle I cant see the pics, I think since I used different provider fron last month. This one kinda block some image saving site for me. What are those pics u posted there?

Btw who can ai ask help for eng sub of the bts? 😬

I like the game the played there, they compete to flatter each other and it was fun to see their chemistry, so amazing. 😄 

Just extra episode 2's stills of when Sun Jae first meet Sol. You can see them from tvN's Twitter/X handle. As for BTS, you will have to look for Hye Yoon or Woo Seok's fanclubs. Stroppyse could translate, but I haven't seen her in a long time.

You can see all the pictures from here https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/Lovely-Runner/photo/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moment I have rewatched because it was so worth it. 
giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d74p6c2as2p75m50n54q

@Mouse @mademoiselle  Yes Sol is the reason he became a singer. I believe after the accident, Sol changes a lot and forgot Sun Jae.  Sol’s mom is a protective mother and only wants her daughter to live her best life and forget the moment she got into the accident. Even though he daughter has become Sun Jae biggest fan when they were close in the past . 
He knew who she was and is always looking out for her but it really hurt that she doesn’t remember him.  For example for Sun Jae fell in love with Sol AR FIRST SIGHT.  
Second life

She runs to him and his face lit up , great performance 

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

On 4/12/2024 at 9:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

1. I think he was. There was a scene she mentioned to her mum she thought about the person who saved her. Mum looks uneasy. In the preview, there was some scene where Sol looked like she's having an accident and we see Sun Jae running to her (in school uniform).

2. I also think he does. I think he purposely picked her number to call and was looking extremely serious/nervous when the phone was ringing. Bit sus.

3. Yes. Netizens screenshot a scene from preview whereby Sol returned home with his umbrella and from afar watching was Sun Jae. Also, it was coupled with a line "you don't remember me" — 😭 there's some degree of sadness in this.

4. Not sure about this bit.

oh em gee! How did I miss all of this information?! 

Now I'm wondering if the accident caused her not only to lose the ability to walk but wiped her memories of him? UGH!!

Preview of ep 3-4 look good! I'm excited!

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@mademoiselle Why is this 16 episodes long?! Nowadays, I am turned off from dramas that are too long. This is the trauma of watching some of the earlier dramas (e.g. Moon). :letalQQ:

I have been hiking a lot lately so it's leave no room for drama watching. However, the next few days, it's raining here so I won't be able to do any hikes. I will watch this and maybe some of the other ones. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Mouse Episode 3 will answer your question as to why Sol did not remember Sun Jae in the future. I haven't seen episode 3 yet, but my TL has spoiled me. She time-travelled back to the present time again, and then travelled back to 2008. Whilst she is back in the present, the 2008's Sol goes back to the original TL. 

@Tofu LOL, recently I was thinking what I watched before I got into Kdramas, and that was Jdramas. Are you perhaps like me too, 10-20 years ago, and you are too used to the Jdrama short format? @Alice Wonderland you, Tofu and Tea are the 3 that easily lose interest in dramas, so I don't know, what is the trick to keep yourself hook and continue to the end? Share with me so I can apply to Tofu and Tea. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2