Mix all ingredients and knead for 10 mins

Cover rest for 15 mins

Degas dough and divide into 2 equal portions

Place into baking mould and cover for 1 hour till double in size

Bake @ 170C for 40 mins

• Tasty 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@mademoiselle meee hahahaha at first I cooked because I need to when I live alone.. My brother too seems like that, but he just so bad & only good in coffee section. It's impossible to always have deliveries the dish choices are suffocating T^T turns out I'm enjoying & liking it more & more

I even seriously attended some cooking classes LOLOL

but as starter, shoutout to cookpad I'm really thankful of it XD

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @bairama @Chocolate Does anyone actually likes cooking in JH? xDDD

add: oooh! @Dhakra I believe

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Found a recipe of @Tofu 😂😆

@SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM @bairama @Chocolate Does anyone actually likes cooking in JH? xDDD

Hardly like. Do it to survive WFH 🤣

What I cook? 

- Red bean soup with meat

- Egg (fried, scrambled, steam), mix with Indomie etc... 

- Can food (tuna, curry) + vegetables 

Washing dishes is another problem. 

:lmao2:

In summary, I hate cooking! 😆

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

OH MY GODDD I just realized (so late, so late) there is baking queen here @Thong Thin OMG THOSE LOOKS AWESOMEEEEEE :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

and dumpling queen @mademoiselle? LOLOLS it's beautifully folded

1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Isn't red bean soup a dessert? With meat?  :nervous:

@SilverMoonTea culture shock my friend Chocolate here tsk tsk you should give description thoroughly for 'our' red bean meanings here :laugh::laugh:

• Haha 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

Hahahaha seems like only you @bairama. All of us seem to do it for survival only (and because we prefer home-cooked food). I am the same too and yes, doing dishes is a pain that is why I love my dish washer.

I also hate cooking food that requires a lot of work and ingredients! So I would never make rendang. A colleague did it few months ago and she showed me all the ingredients and I was like, "Nah. I'll just take away rendang. Thank you."

Making dumplings is a lot of work too but I like that I can freeze them and eat them later. xD

And like @Chocolate I also thought red bean soup = dessert. Turns out it is THAT red bean. I don't think we called that red bean in English. I think it's Kidney beans. My mum cooked soup using that too - it is delicious indeed. I should remember next time to cook that.  @SilverMoonTea Gimme that recipes, please.

@bairama I think my brother can cook more varieties than me (he's fussy eater too). So are my sisters. Eldest sister attended cooking class too, I was so surprised. I guess she started a family and has a kiddo to feed so she did that. Never actually asked if she likes cooking.

22 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Grilled cheese and ham sandwich and instant noodles is all I can do.

NO WAY. I'm sure you can cook more than that! I never had to cook until I lived alone (except instant noodle or fried eggs). And I just somehow winged it when I had to cook proper meals for myself via memory of what I saw my mother did.

• Haha 5
27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

And like @Chocolate I also thought red bean soup = dessert. Turns out it is THAT red bean. I don't think we called that red bean in English. I think it's Kidney beans. My mum cooked soup using that too - it is delicious indeed. I should remember next time to cook that.  @SilverMoonTea Gimme that recipes, please.

Haha, I was on the verge of telling @SilverMoonTea, don't need to invite me for dinner hahahaha!

27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

NO WAY. I'm sure you can cook more than that! I never had to cook until I lived alone (except instant noodle or fried eggs). And I just somehow winged it when I had to cook proper meals for myself via memory of what I saw my mother did.

And that's the problem. I never had to cook so I didn't bother to learn. Although I think given my OCD, I should be able to cook well :thinking::laugh:

• Haha 5

@mademoiselle

0.6 kg pork bone 

450- 500 ml water

1 kidney red bean can 

3 red onions 

margarine 

tomato

spring onion 

salt, pepper, sugar, nutmeg

Cut 3 red onions into small pieces, heat up margarine. Stir fry red onions until fragrant. Put the pork bone and stir fry quickly, add 450 ml water. Cook until 45 minutes, to make the meat soft. 

Put the kidney red bean can inside, put salt/sugar (half to 1 teaspoon) inside. Add nutmeg (half teaspoon), and pepper per your taste. Wait until 20 minutes, put tomatos & spring onions inside. 

Monitor frequently, if you see the soup too dry add some water. 

Recipe from my mom. Any further question ping me on Discord 😆 Taste I hope suit you.

More legit recipe : https://indonesiaeats.com/sup-brenebon-manado-red-kidney-bean-soup/

• Like 2
  • Tasty 3

@SilverMoonTea Thank you. Thank god there aren't that many ingredients xDDDD

34 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, I was on the verge of telling @SilverMoonTea, don't need to invite me for dinner hahahaha!

Hahahahaha why not. If it is the actual red bean soup for dessert is OK too!

35 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

And that's the problem. I never had to cook so I didn't bother to learn. Although I think given my OCD, I should be able to cook well

LOLLLLLL. Lucky you then BUT you should always try to watch because later you marry, how? Don't forget there's a saying the way to a man's heart is through his tummy. LOL

This I don't mean you are to become a full time housewife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Woah...you're talking about the "Undomesticated Goddess" here ....I only cook for survival. LOL 

I don't really have to cook as I can easily order in and also I have my mum. But I can make stuff like sushi or bake a pizza from scratch if I have to. Simple stuff. 

For pizza base, actually have tried out using Jamie Oliver's recipe. It works for me. 

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/pizza-dough/

Or if you want a cheat route ( might even be healthier) can use  wraps as base. 

I use these. It's easy especially with kiddos. I put salmon pieces (like those for sushi) ,yellow  pepper, mozarella as the topping . You can spread the base with some ready made pasta sauce 1st. Put the toppings and load it into oven. I use 200 for 20mins or so. Just watch and see how brown you want. 

8946304589_e52f9e16f4_z.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Tasty 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Interesting! I've never made pizza - traditional or cheat ways. Just another dish I feel there's too much work and ingredients and it's easy to order in pizza here.

On my to-do list, I'm still aiming to tackle making spring onion pancakes. I've got the YouTube recipes saved already but just never muster the mood to do it (what with kdramas watching schedule + playing here). I need to learn to make a good dough first. I can roll dumpling skin, wrap dumplings and prepare the fillings except making the dough. LOL.

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

never muster the mood to do it (what with kdramas watching schedule + playing here). 

It seems no domestic goddess here in JH :lol:, with heavy drama schedule what to do :idk: Btw maybe @JenLcan cook? Or my twin drama dropper @Tofumaybe is a cooking queen ? 🤔

@mademoiselleThat bean soup is live safer, it's pretty easy. I got no patience for complicated stuff :lmao2:

• Haha 3
  • Tasty 1

Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

That bean soup is live safer, it's pretty easy. I got no patience for complicated stuff

Actually maybe this would save your life too. We called it ABC soup.

ABC soup - My style

Ingredients:

• Pork bones
  • Ginger
  • Carrots
  • Onions (white)
  • Tomatoes
  • Water
  • Pepper
  • Salt
  1. Fill the pot with water
  2. When water boils, add pork bones and ginger
  3. Chop carrots, onions and tomatoes to sizes you like
  4. Add carrots and onions first
  5. Add tomatoes last
  6. Continue to boil
  7. Season with salt and pepper

Voila! Yum yum. Oh, @Tofu is optional :lmao2: 

You Tube has it too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

I also hate cooking food that requires a lot of work and ingredients! So I would never make rendang. A colleague did it few months ago and she showed me all the ingredients and I was like, "Nah. I'll just take away rendang. Thank you."

Rendang has quite a lot of spices ingredients but actually I think its simpler than dish with many elements like 'gudeg'(?) What makes it is hard is the ratio of spices to balance with the meat.

When there is eid fest in us, while waiting the rendang in slow cook there will be another dish on process (opor, potato balado, green chili sweet dipped etc)

But I see you have quite adventurous in food tasting x) yeayyy!

Making dumplings is a lot of work too but I like that I can freeze them and eat them later. xD

this what I do with gepuk (relatives of rendang I can say) xD

I often make homemade nuggets too, siomay (shiumay?), dumpling like that but never really pay attention to the variety of folds. I just make 'em like pastel/gyoza alike for dumpling xD

for that tofu recipe waaaa I love tofuuuuu. Its really good with many things. I like the most steamed recipes by recent years and still

@bairama I think my brother can cook more varieties than me (he's fussy eater too). So are my sisters. Eldest sister attended cooking class too, I was so surprised. I guess she started a family and has a kiddo to feed so she did that. Never actually asked if she likes cooking.

awhhhh 🥺🥺

I've scrolled my phone gallery it feels like ages I haven't cooked something this is the latest:

20210309-171201-r.jpg

fusion of sundanese (perkedel hmmm or fried corn cakes(??) normal fried chicken) x balinese (the vegetable mix called urap + wrap satay) eventho I can't eat that all. The cute thing of the wrap satay it uses cleaned lemongrass stalks from home garden. OH I MISS MY NON DIET TIMES 😭😭😭 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

@bairama You are so pro. Even made sure it looks presentable! I know an acquaintance who post food pics of her own cooking with gorgeous plating - details down to the plates/bowls used and the table cloth (maybe). Her pictures are also very professional with good lightings and position. Hahaha.

Golly, do you mean Siu Mai? The steamed prawn dumplings we have at Yumcha?

I have two rendang I can take away here. They don't taste exactly the same.

Rendang Indonesian

20210325-131824.jpg

Rendang Sarawak

131319706-10158004648133719-7042236148931294964-n.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 2

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Does anyone actually likes cooking in JH? xDDD

Baking? No. :pandaroar:

Cooking? Yes, absolutely my jam. :pandacoolsip: I cook every Sunday for the upcoming week and fresh on weekends.

Cooking is fun. I always have my little notebook with my own recipes with me.  

3 hours ago, bairama said:

add: oooh! @Dhakra I believe

Animated GIF

Yep. Thanks for thinking about me in this one. :pandajustright:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

We called it ABC soup.

@SilverMoonTea we just called it as chicken soup or meat soup here right? 🤔

but seems the most 'domestic' between us is meeee?? 😂😂 Tho I really suck at making pretty baking lololols seems I'm much more like Dhakra, cooking is my jam but baking? ARRRRRR

@mademoiselle thank you? :smile: But look from the photo, my rice looked quite hard (dry) lol I didn't give it enough water that day. Sighh, it is irritating when I cooked it for others. On that day there was 4 people ate that

& your acquaintance! Type of aesthetic cooker huahahaha :wow:

57 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Golly, do you mean Siu Mai? The steamed prawn dumplings we have at Yumcha?

Yumcha.. The skin is so prettyy, yellow-ish Idk if I can call it like that xD

well my siomay:

20210907-130111-r.jpg

use of prawn mix chicken & thai sweet chili sauce for this oneee

siu mai really taste good with different kind of sauces to me(??) be it chili oil, sweet chili, mayo base, peanut sauce its all good as long the siu may itself good xDD

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

Welcome @Dhakra come share your cooking/recipes with us some times! @SilverMoonTea is looking for so life-savings but easy to cook food while she WFH.

@bairama That look so delish. And you ARE the kind like that acquaintance I mention. Hahahaha! Love the flowers for decor. I like looking at it. Feel free to post more.

You are right, looks like only you and Dhakra are the domestic ones, hahaha.

I am OK with baking, again, only bake if it looks easy but I do have this tendency in me where I might go crazy baking just to muster the skills and then once I got it I'd stop - like macarons. I don't bake macarons anymore after I move house - the oven in current house is crap. No time to bake or cook anyway - Oppa watching has taken over my spare time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1