Recipes: Cooking or Baking & More! 🍰📝

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

Compared to some of the rainbow cheese pull I've seen, I don't think that one was that impressive BUT I would totally buy rainbow cheese even though I hardly eat it. :laugh:

Strangely I don't ever remember seeing rainbow cheese at the supermarket I frequent. But then again I'd not buy because it could mean they are artificial colours.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Strangely I don't ever remember seeing rainbow cheese at the supermarket I frequent. But then again I'd not buy because it could mean they are artificial colours.

I think most are. I watched a YT video where they show you how to make rainbow cheese, I think they put food coloring in the mozzarella. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Stuffed Cabbage Roll - modification by SMTea because I'm lazy and prefer to cut off unnecessary step haha.... 

1 cabbage peeled off in big size, boiled in hot water for 5-10 minutes until it's a bit soft. 

Minced meat chicken, eggs, pepper, salt, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce. Mixed all together. 

Put the meat mixed inside cabbage leaf. 

20211226-104010.jpg

Prepare soup base to boil cabbage meat :   1 tomato puree package, add 250ml water mix with half cube broth. Boil for about 30 minutes. 

20211226-111019.jpg

End Result 

20211226-112735.jpg

I ate them without rice, as already quite filling. Tag @mademoisellehaha... 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Kimchi Toast with Mozarella Cheese

22664x.jpg

@bairama I made it! :laugh:

I winged it though. I have no idea whether I should just cut the kimchi and put it on the bread or stir fry. I opted to stir fry so that the cheese would melt when I put it on the kimchi. Note: this is because I don't have a sandwich presser at home.

It surprisingly do match well with bread. It has heat though so it's a spicy toast :lmao2: I've never had spicy toast before! @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @abs-oluteM @Dhakra you guys can try this too.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 2
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle It looks good! I ate all my kimchi yesterday, so once I buy more, I'll make one too. Did you make this because of the Korean toast videos you've been watching from that YT channel? LOL!

Yes I did. I told bairama I wanted to try make some since it looks easy enough. I also finished my kimchi for lunch today (made kimchi fried rice). Need to go grocery shopping soon.

• Haha 1
  • Tasty 1

@mademoiselle Is there a specific brand of kimchi that you like? I've tried a lot of different kimchi and I like the homemade ones from the Korean market and then there's this other brand I like (I don't remember the name, just know there's an Asian pear on it. LOL!). I went to Whole Foods and got some of the kimchi by non-Koreans and they do not taste as good. I like my kimchi a little on the spicier side. 

• Like 3
On 12/27/2021 at 4:13 PM, mademoiselle said:

It surprisingly do match well with bread. It has heat though so it's a spicy toast :lmao2: I've never had spicy toast before! @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @abs-oluteM @Dhakra you guys can try this too.

girl is that ok for your heat preference? Hahaha I think you are ok as long not addin' that Korean Samyang sauce. And YAYYYY you made it come true~~!! :wow:

I'm tempted to make one with touch of Korean Samyang sauce alike, or fire sauce, I think it will blends well. Might call some people (who loves spicy food) to try this experiment or just my bf it is safe.. I can't eat it myself. Maybe just 1 bite for these days until months I'm still on strict diet for kidney treatment and it's truly teasing for foodie like me just NO :scaredpanda2: :laugh:

• Like 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@Tofu The last I bought was this - Bibigo by CJ Foods. I like this one and it is spicy.

qq.png?fit=593,603

The previous one I bought I can't remember but I stopped buying it coz the last I bought was extremely sour. It was so sour that I had to chuck out my kimchi pancakes. So I decided to buy the one above to try. We have many brands here so I'm also not sure about which brands are better. When I go next time, I'll take some pictures so maybe you guys can tell me. I tend to like the ones with pears in it.

These are some of the brands I recognised (more like by packaging rather than names).

http://www.korean-foods.net/products/kimchi

and

1620695546255.jpg

Oh, if I could buy fresh ones / homemade I would. The kimchi I got from a Jokbal restaurant is always fresh and nice. Not too spicy for me and most definitely guaranteed not sour. stroppyse said when it's sour it means it's been fermented for too long.

@bairama Awww sorry dear. Didn't know you are on strict diet. Must be torturous for you not being able to have chilli. Hang in there. You can have it when it's all ok. If having a bite is OK, I say why not. I just needed to make "dinner" that night and resorted to lazy cooking 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
23 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I tend to like the ones with pears in it.

Same, I like the ones with the pears in it too. I've only seen one brand here that has pears in their kimchi. I don't think the rest do. I might stop by the Korean market on my way home tomorrow to see if they have any homemade kimchi. I think my favorite is radish kimchi though. I can probably eat a jar of that in a day. :laugh: I'm not a fan of mustard green kimchi. :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Tofu I like radish kimchi too but never bought one whole jar because I can't be sure I'll like it compared to what I've had at restaurant. Might try one when I go shopping. :thinking: I like the Japanese version (white, not the yellow kind and not spicy) - unfortunately I had to chuck out one I bought from Japan because from Kyoto to Tokyo, I left it in the luggage storage (we couldn't check in) and didn't refrigerate it for hours. It was also summer so by the time I got it back to the country, I wasn't confident of the freshness anymore. The last time I was in Japan I didn't buy again because I couldn't find one with long expiry dates to last long enough for me to eat it at home.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

@abs-oluteM Hahahaha! Are you making it for your son? I do love the little decoration stuff they have there too to decorate lunchboxes but I could never be able to do it coz it's so much work (but enjoys looking at the Japanese lunchboxes).

I once bought the dumpling maker from Daiso.

daisogyozakit.png

I've tried it once and didn't like it coz you can't put much fillings in it so I never used it again :laugh: Don't know where I saw there's a luncheon meat cutter... I was tempted for a while since I could never cut mine evenly :lmao2:

• Haha 1