Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Are you two watching? I've just watched episode 1. It's quite quirky and random but strangely I enjoyed it so much more than S1 already. Hahaha. It seems like it is more an adventure rather than whatever theme it was before.

Lee Yeon went back in time to 1938 to retrieve a crystal stone and meet Rang again. Lee Yeon even fought himself.

• Haha 2

I love how Lee Yeon ran to give him Rang a hug while Rang was getting ready to attack him. LOL! I love these two brothers. :heart:

This drama is so chaotic! I was trying to decide if this is more chaotic than Bad & Crazy (LDW's last drama) -- both are equally crazy, I guess. Haha! 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I love how Lee Yeon ran to give him Rang a hug while Rang was getting ready to attack him. LOL! I love these two brothers. :heart:

This drama is so chaotic! I was trying to decide if this is more chaotic than Bad & Crazy (LDW's last drama) -- both are equally crazy, I guess. Haha!

So is it a keeper? I think I'd continue until it gets too much... at the moment I just love their bromance.

• Party! 1
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So is it a keeper? I think I'd continue until it gets too much... at the moment I just love their bromance.

I think so, for now anyway. I also realized it's only 12 episodes. 

The antagonist in this, I can't see him as anything other than his character in Itaewon Class. LOL! I can't take him seriously as the antagonist because of it. :laugh:

• Haha 1

@Tofu For me it's because I saw how introverted he is in that variety show (the one with MoonCloud team, Itaewon Class and Sound of Magic) that I can't take him as a villain seriously. Plus, I think in the end he'll turn to assist Lee Yeon & et al anyway because the bigger villain in the show is humans aka. Japanese - always a reason to choose a time period at war. Tsk. O wait, maybe not human because that Japanese soldier isn't human either...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
On 5/13/2023 at 2:39 AM, mademoiselle said:

For me it's because I saw how introverted he is in that variety show (the one with MoonCloud team, Itaewon Class and Sound of Magic) that I can't take him as a villain seriously.

Yes, 100%!! I wished they gave him a different hairstyle because the current one is close to his usual style. It doesn't allow me to separate him from his real life self. 

• Like 1

Episode 6 is another random episode but I ♥ it so much coz of the brotherhood - them both teasing Rang was absolutely HILARIOUS! And then there's the 3 men and a baby scenario. LOL LOL! Lee Yeon went from "No, we're not raising the child" to "I'm going to send her to Seoul University!" Totally whipped. Imagine if he has a litter of daughters with Ji Ah. LMAO.

Albeit the storyline is here and there and a bit messy, I really liked the scenes of Yeon, Rang and Shin Joo.

By the way, did Yoo Ri from the future took on someone else's face??

Is it just me or everyone thinks that Mermaid will die in the end anyway, for Rang. Rang is hilariously slow-witted with love. Hahahaha! But so cute. That said, the rings that formed between him and the Mermaid, what is that supposed to mean? At first I thought he, too, loves her hence it formed that but the next it seems like he's totally not in love (or is he just not aware?)

Oh yeah, in the preview, current time Lee Yeon was supposed to backhug Hong Joo in Manchuria but I didn't see that scene!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 5/15/2023 at 4:45 AM, mademoiselle said:

Lee Yeon went from "No, we're not raising the child" to "I'm going to send her to Seoul University!" Totally whipped. Imagine if he has a litter of daughters with Ji Ah. LMAO.

This made me laugh so much! He went around telling everyone they needed to make sure there's no dust, plus other things. LOL @ both of them whispering bad words so Mi Ho wouldn't hear. :laugh:

On 5/15/2023 at 4:45 AM, mademoiselle said:

By the way, did Yoo Ri from the future took on someone else's face??

I think so. They mentioned she copied someone's face. 

I'm not sure about the mermaid. It does seem like she will sacrifice herself for him later on. I think he likes her and is unaware of it. It's hard to guess because Rang in the first season doesn't look like he's loved someone before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm not sure about the mermaid. It does seem like she will sacrifice herself for him later on. I think he likes her and is unaware of it. It's hard to guess because Rang in the first season doesn't look like he's loved someone before. 

That's likely because writer didn't think they will have a prequel. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Towards the end of episode six, I was like, "why would Rang open the door?!" I would not have dare to open that door. :scaredpanda2:

Are you scared with this episode? I am!

- The bit with the little girl

- The girl poking the paper door to peek through

I don't like it hahaha but it's a lil' thrilling. What is Jang San Beom anyway? All I can find on the net is it says it is a cryptid and has the appearance of a tiger.

I have heard of Ouiji board but not a Corner Game. Sounds scary if an extra person appear and if another disappear.

• Like 2

Where is this drama airing outside of Korea? I checked Netflix, Viki, and Amazon Prime, but none of them seem to be airing it?

On 5/18/2023 at 1:16 AM, mademoiselle said:

That's likely because writer didn't think they will have a prequel. LOL

Well, we're so conditioned to retcons now, especially with all the inter-related superhero films, that it shouldn't surprise us that the prequel will have a different look than the original? But I agree that they did not have a prequel in mind until the original drama became so popular, and then they had to figure out a way to bring Lee Rang back since what people loved most was actually the bromance between the fox brothers.

• Like 2
On 5/22/2023 at 4:15 AM, mademoiselle said:

Are you scared with this episode? I am!

Yeah, I was! I was actually quite freaked out when they were playing the game. I watched it at night too! :scaredpanda2:

On 5/22/2023 at 4:15 AM, mademoiselle said:

What is Jang San Beom anyway?

I don't know what/who that is. Maybe @stroppyse might know?

On 5/23/2023 at 11:01 AM, stroppyse said:

Where is this drama airing outside of Korea? I checked Netflix, Viki, and Amazon Prime, but none of them seem to be airing it?

It's on Amazon Prime: https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B0BZF9MG1J/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

• Like 2

You didn't tell me what the scene was so I got spooked too! I was not expecting it and when it came on, I screamed. :letalQQ:

I don't know how you feel about this drama, but I feel like there's too much going on now. The Japanese arc is taking a turn I didn't see coming. Moo Young's arc is still a bit confusing to me. I don't think they have properly explained why his brother was killed. I can't get into this because I'm at a lost -- like why are you so obsessed with reviving him? I get why Lee Yeon would get this way with Rang, but I don't understand this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1