Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

I finally understand Lee Rong. This is just my opinion. He is tormented and wants it to end. Since his beloved brother tried to kill him but I think Lee Yeon Purposely didn’t stab his major organs. He purposely left him alive and that HUMAN SAVED HIM UNDER False  PRETENSES. 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Capt: #TaleofTheNineTailed: Unspeakable Stories This time i'll show you the world i live in #TaleofTheNineTailed Spin-Off Drama See you tomorrow 🦊

In the lower left caption on this poster, it's not so much "Unspeakable Stories", but rather "Untold Stories" or more literally "Stories That Haven't Fully Been Told Yet". It's followed by the cast list: Kim Bum, Kim Eung Soo, Kim Yong Ji, Hwang Hee.

Caption on the upper right does say "This time, I'll show you the world I live in."

So, it seems as if the spinoff will have Shin Joo (played by Hwang Hee), so yay! Plus a new veteran actor Kim Eung Soo. Interesting...

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

I finally understand Lee Rong. This is just my opinion. He is tormented and wants it to end. Since his beloved brother tried to kill him but I think Lee Yeon Purposely didn’t stab his major organs. He purposely left him alive and that HUMAN SAVED HIM UNDER False  PRETENSES. 

Yes! That LY didn't mortally wound his little brother was shown in a later episode. LY tells LR that he has never abandoned LR. Bromance ftw! :wow:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Hahahaha I thought you were bewitched by Lee Jae Wook. Didn't know you have fallen (again) on Kim Bum and to the level of obsessed. But why am I even surprise when I fall for guys almost every single drama I watch? :eeeee: Come to think of it I haven't seen that many of Kim Bum's dramas. BOF was his first and then... this is second. Always thought he's a cutie though.

Hahaha! I have enough space for Kim Bum too. :smug: Every time I watch a new drama, I rediscover why I've loved the actors all over again, Kim Bum is no exception to that. I really miss seeing him in projects, the last time I saw him in anything was Hidden Identity with Park Sung Woong. I think he's been in a lot since BOF, but that drama was so popular that that role will follow him everywhere. I told @stroppyse that Kim Bum was the best thing to come out of that series. :laugh:

The poster looks great! I love the play on the half human half gumiho with the eyes. The episodes for this spinoff will air on the following dates: 11/18 (ep1), 11/27 (ep2), and 12/04 (ep3). That means no Nine Tailed episode this week but we get an episode of Lee Rang's Untold Stories! tvN does love us after all! :love:

In the trailer, when Kim Soo Oh says, "I don't know, I just like you ahjussi", tugged at my heartstring. Lee Rang needed someone to tell him that he is loveable without any strings attached. I absolutely adore their relationship and I hope Lee Rang becomes the "hyung" he's always wanted from Lee Yeon to Kim Soo Oh. 

5 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I agreed. I think Lee Rang is tormented by being half human and half gumiho. The human that he loves the most (his mom) abandoned him and the gumiho that he loves the most (Lee Yeon) also "abandoned" him. I hope that he finds peace with himself by the end of the drama. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Tofu said:

It seems like Lee Dong Wook will be doing a V-Live tomorrow in lieu of an episode.

~i have waited for you~ 
November 18th (wednesday) 8pm in the evening
You really want to see (him/me/it idk)?
lee dong wook's vlive?

So that means 9 hours from the time i post this D:

Anyway i had so much to reply to everyone that posted meanwhile that i just dont because its too much too quote XD

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images, videos from your quotes. Thank you.
  • Like 3

49f2f11cfa7777a807cdf154590f1d61.jpg

Anyone have a chance to watch LDW's v-live today? If so, please share any goodies with us?

Or the spin off? I think the first episode was supposed to drop today.

Work is so interfering with my kdrama watching and oppa spazzing. :laugh:

I'm really missing this drama today. Not to mention seeing the Gumiho Brothers with their golden glowing eyes! Is it wrong to like the bromance more than the romance?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu, thanks for those snippets. LDW does look tired, but it seems to have been a fun v-live. In the first twitter photo, I guess LDW is asked the following:

If he had to wear one clothing and style of hair forever?

A. Mountain god robes + black hair with pomade

vs

B. Suit + hair with red and white streaks put in

In the second twitter video, LDW is laughing that the staff who are there with him won't actually talk to him versus just handing him things. He mentions that it's okay if they talk.

LDW is definitely pretty charming in RL. Though not sure that he's as mesmerizing as he is when he's playing LY? My opinion anyway. Let me know if anyone else has a different opinion.

• Like 3

@Tofu @stroppyse Wookie is such a hard worker going from one project to another . He had a script read for a movie recently 

These two cute foxes take us behind the scenes of the sets they use for filming 

Everyone online is looking for the spin off episodes too . 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

31 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wookie is such a hard worker going from one project to another . He had a script read for a movie recently 

True. He seems to be a very diligent worker, doing so much! Also, I think he still lives with his parents which I think is the sweetest thing.

Sorry, this is what everyone gets when the drama is on hiatus and no one has time to actually build Wookie his own shrine. :laugh:

Thanks for the vid @abs-oluteM! Oh gosh, you realize that the vid is titled Shin Ju x Yu Ri take you on a tour of their honeymoon set?!

34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Everyone online is looking for the spin off episodes too . 

Will have to put more effort into finding the spin off episodes once I get off work and won't have to be distracted!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu, wow, I totally agree. That is a great video of Lee Yeon and Lee Rang. Ultimately, it's actually not that complicated a relationship. A younger brother who idolizes his older brother but who carries scars and fears, and an older brother who loves his younger brother but is also trying to teach him to be independent and capable.

I do love that LY and LR are getting through their various barriers, issues and misunderstandings. I think I'm vested the most in the two brothers in a way.

I like the OTP and think they make a visually stunning couple. I'm surprised that JA, even though she's the center of so much story and action, isn't that compelling a story for me though, which lessens my eagerness for the OTP to get their happy ending. I'm in that strange state of wanting the OTP to be together and happy because LY loves JA so much and thus wants to be with her, rather than because I think the OTP are so completely suited for each other.  And, I'm not entirely sure why I'm not as vested in the OTP romance, though it's probably some blend of writing and acting, including that certain elements of JA's story felt a little flat.

I actually re-watched the last couple of episodes since this drama was taking a break this week, and had these thoughts. I'm actually more invested in the potential secondary couple of LR-YR-SJ than I am in LY-JA-Imugi. Though to be fair, I guess LY-JA-Imugi isn't really a triangle romance since the imugi is a creepy, perverted snake person.

Still, can't wait for next week and for this story to continue!

• Like 4

@stroppyse - I agreed with what you said about the LY's and JA's relationship too. I love that LY wants to do everything he can for JA and their love span over many years. I find it endearing that he continued to stay true to her and would do his best to look for her each time she was reincarnated. They've made many sacrifices for each other and I really want them to end up with somewhat of a happy ending -- love prevails over all, right? 

I've mentioned this before, but I think the story line with JA's missing parents felt a little flat. I'm not invested in this part of the drama at all. I think it would make for a more compelling story if her parents continued to stay missing or their lanterns were inhaled by someone already. It sounds a little sadistic to think this way but at this point in the drama, it seems like this was more of a filler than anything. We still have four episodes left so there is chance for this storyline to turn into something more, so I'm staying open minded about it. 

I might have missed it, but did the drama say why LY and Imugi are at war with each other?

By the way, the quality of the video isn't the greatest, but in Amazing Saturday, LDW gets asked if he's ever going to play a non-immortal character again. :laugh:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

By the way, the quality of the video isn't the greatest, but in Amazing Saturday, LDW gets asked if he's ever going to play a non-immortal character again.

Thanks for sharing! That's hilarious, but there is something about LDW that can be quite otherworldly. :wow::laugh: Strangely enough, it's when I hear him talking as himself that it really strikes me how soft and bedroom-y his voice is.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I've mentioned this before, but I think the story line with JA's missing parents felt a little flat. I'm not invested in this part of the drama at all. I think it would make for a more compelling story if her parents continued to stay missing or their lanterns were inhaled by someone already. It sounds a little sadistic to think this way but at this point in the drama, it seems like this was more of a filler than anything. We still have four episodes left so there is chance for this storyline to turn into something more, so I'm staying open minded about it. 

You've said this before, and I do somewhat agree with you. Having their souls trapped in the Chinese lantern flowers is a neat explanation of why they couldn't be sensed in the afterlife or on earth, however, it still leaves some questions. And, actually, I wonder about the monsters who took over the parents' life forms as well. Were they there as JA's keeper because they knew she was the host for the imugi? I assume that is why JA's life wasn't converted into a flower as well.

And when the parents re-materialized, it's been a bit flat as well. They haven't aged at all and are adjusting to the new world in a few scenes which show them dealing with a cell phone and stuff, but they aren't really interacting with the new world nor having that much of an impact on JA's world either really. Though the bit about LY being nervous about meeting JA's family was pretty cute.

Though, I wonder if JA's parents' story suffers from frozen animation stories in general, e.g. Melting Softly With You, where the primary story was about people having to deal with a sudden time jumped world (from their perspective). Here, that element is only secondary, so there is even less to work with and even less interesting. That's just speculation on my part since I'm not that invested in the parents either.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

LR: Oh, I’m so bored. Isn’t there anything fun?
(kid cries)
Woman: Stop crying now. Please stop crying. Oh please, stop crying. I said stop crying! Why in the world are you crying?! If you keep crying, the Bogeyman Grandfather is going to take you away!
LR: Bogeyman Gramps? Are you going around as a recyclables collecting elderly person?
BG: It’s only now that you recognize me, huh? Hey, Lee Rang! I saw you from...

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

BG: over there.
LR: A long time ago, didn’t you chase after me from the Samdocheon Bridge? (Bridge that the dead cross over) How are you these days?
BG: I just collect the recyclables, take them in, and get the money, and live that way. Hey! Don’t you want to work for me?
LR: Hey. How can a fox work for a dog? Enough of that. I think there is something for me to do over there.
Kid: It hurts.
BG: Other than this, I didn’t have much to do either. Wait a minute. Where is it? Here it is.

BG: Incanting
LR: Excuse me.
Woman: Yes?
LR: Shall I grant you a wish?
Woman: Yes? (looking down) Omo! Jae Joon! Jae Joon! Jae Joon!
LR: Your wish…came true.
Woman: What are you…
LR: You said you wanted the Bogeyman Grandfather to take him away. The baby.
Woman: You! My baby! Where is my baby! I said where is he?!
LR: Why? The person annoying you is gone. I did well, didn’t I?
Woman: Where is my baby?! Jae Joon! Jae Joon! (turning around) Oh, Jae Joon.

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Woman: Jae Joon! Where did my Jae Joon go? Mom is sorry for yelling. Hmm? (standing up) You!
BG: Yah! It’s been a long time since I’ve done that.  “Where is he?”
LR: Teasing humans is always fun.
BG: Yes, that’s the most fun. It’s in this spirit that I’m the bogeyman.
LR: You’re going to have a drink (with me) before you go, right?
BG: Why even ask? Since you asked, I’ll have to drink double. A double, then a double. Aigoo.

BG: Hey! This place must been known for having a delicious makgeoli.
LR: However, it’s way past when the bogeyman was believed in, so how long are you going to be the bogeyman? You should at least change your style or something. What era is this from? Huh?
BG: Lee Rang

BG: If you don’t prepare ahead of time, kid, then you’re going to become just another bogeyman as well.
LR: However. Why didn’t you grab me and take me away when I was younger? I cried so much back then.
BG: Am I a gangster? That I would grab you and take you away? Also, you had a very strong hyung.
LR: Have? What did I have? He abandoned me and left.
BG: Are you still going on about that? Aren’t you sick and tired of it yourself? You whined and cried so much, that I was going to grab you and take you away, but I couldn’t because of your hyung. How many times do I have to tell you? If it only when he is right by your side that he is protecting you? Huh? Aish.
LR: Still. You should have just grabbed me and taken me away. I was very lonely then.
BG: Ayy.
Server: This is on the house. Because the azaleas are so sweet tasting.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

BG: Wow! They are sweet. Why aren’t you eating?
LR: Azaleas are the things I hate most in the world. I hate the way they look, their smile, even their taste.
BG: What? All that? As if you have some history with azaleas.
LR (VO): Hyung who was the mountain god of the Baekdu Mountain Range abandoned the mountain and abandoned me.
BG: Aigoo. Just try some.
LR (VO): And that just because of some human girl. If he was going to abandon me, he should have just not saved me when mom had abandoned me. I just can’t bring myself to forgive my hyung who had abandoned me.
LR: What are you doing that?  
BG: Are you falling into a trance when there is food in front of you?

BG: It’s delicious. Eat some.

Child LR: Wow! Hyung! Azalea flowers are really sweet!
Child LR (VO): Hyung, from today, azalea flowers are my absolute favorite in the whole world. I like the way they look, the way they smell, and even the way they taste, I like them the best. No! No! I like hyung the best in the world. Then after that, i like azaleas.

Child LR: Hyung! Let’s pick and eat azaleas flowers together each and every day! Forever! Okay? Promise!

LR: Hyung...abandoned me.

That looks as if that was the whole first episode? Short and sweet. I liked the childish LR who clearly hero-worshipped his older brother, and the relationship the two brothers had before it all went terribly wrong.

Also, there is something so attractive about KIm Bum as Lee Rang. Poor little fox cub.

Anyway, a little bit of Lee Rang sweetness for those of missing this drama this week. I guess in these short episodes, we'll see the story more from LR's perspective and I'm looking forward to seeing more of these short episodes, though surprised that there is no YR or SJ yet, but I assume that the next episodes will also have them.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1
26 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That looks as if that was the whole first episode? Short and sweet. I liked the childish LR who clearly hero-worshipped his older brother, and the relationship the two brothers had before it all went terribly wrong.

Also, there is something so attractive about KIm Bum as Lee Rang. Poor little fox cub.

Thanks for the translations, once again, @stroppyse!!! I'm glad that the episodes for these will be short. 

I love watching the clips of little LR and LY too. It's so endearing to see how much child LR looked up to his hyung. It's also so sad to see the two best thing in his world turn into the two worst things. I'm excited to see what next week's short clip is going to bring us. 

Circling back to your comment about JA's parents, yeah, it was a little interesting to see that they did not age at all during that time. I think that might be the effect of the Chinese lantern? It makes you live longer because the CEO looked like he did not age throughout the entire time he's used them to prolong his life. You're right, I am curious at the relations between the fake parents and Imugi. Where did they come from? 

• Like 2