Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

31 minutes ago, liddi said:

Love the flashbacks of Rang and Yu Ri during the early days of their encounter, which juxtaposes poetically against the moment she attacks him using the very same moves that he taught her. While I love the special bond between them, the moment Yu Ri gets into the car with her bloodied hands is a stark reminder of their vicious, brutal pasts, too easily forgotten because the script does so well in making us care and empathise with them. That being said, I still hope Rang survives, though unless the preview is misleading, Yu Ri will not, and her essence will tragically be what finally saves Rang from death. 

I found it surprisingly affecting as well. LR does have a penchant for saving abused animals.

I agree with you that both LR and YR have done a good job of creating sympathy for their characters, however, it doesn't change the fact that both of them have killed people, literally blood on their hands. I keep thinking that LR will have to pay for his transgressions, though perhaps it will be YR who ends up paying the price. Though, there is always the concept of redemption. Plus, the people that LR and YR have killed were not exactly blameless themselves. I guess I'm not expecting either LR or YR to die permanently, though. Probably because of the proposed spin-off. And, also because they are supernatural beings? Though, mostly because of the proposed spin-off. :smile:

40 minutes ago, liddi said:

Terry (I'm glad for this name for once!)

I actually find it entertaining that they are using the actor's real stage name as the imugi's intern name. The actor playing the imugi is Lee Tae Ri. He changed it to that not that long ago. He used to use his real name of Lee Min Ho, but there were a few issues with that.

42 minutes ago, liddi said:

We still do not know what devious subliminal suggestions Terry has planted into Shin Ju and the Snail Bride. Can I say though that Shin Ju gives Superman a run for his money, being able to arrive right at the top of the building within split seconds of spotting them all the way below. And before I forget, the little boy appears to have great perception of the true identities of Yeon and Rang. Is he really just the reincarnation of Rang's puppy, or is he someone far more? 

Those subliminal suggestions worry me a lot. Who knows what is going to happen there.

Also, I never thought about LR's puppy being anything more than the reincarnation of that puppy. On the one hand, it could be a bit of fun to have the puppy boy be more than he seems. However, it might also be one too many things in a world where so many "people" are not what they seem.

Heck, it seems that only JA's parents may be actual humans, and there is some question even there given that they went to that cave and than were stored in the Chinese lantern flowers. I feel you in terms of the parents' appearance being a little flat. Part of that is definitely that there have been so many bogey versions of the parents, I also keep wondering if they're the real parents after all.

Plus with the revelation that JA is also hosting an imugi, it makes the whole thing just that much creepier.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@stroppyse I agree. Much as I love Rang and Yu Ri, the fact remains they have killed, very possibly indiscriminately. Hence, to allow them to get off without reaping the consequences of their actions would be in total conflict with all the rules the drama has set in place. Even Yeon said that should he kill a person, he would be dragged to the Underworld to pay penance for his actions. As such, why would Rang be allowed to avoid paying some form of penance? I just hope he survives the dangers of the here and now, to be able to pay for his actions, and finally be able to live a redeemed life with Yeon. As for the spin-off, we have hope if it is a sequel, unless the narrative is how they met and the years they are together prior to meeting Yeon again. Can't wait for it to air!

It is certainly a clever play on the actor's stage name, even if I was annoyed that his introduction to the world is as a bright eyed, bushy-tailed intern! However, at last LTR has done well to project the menace of Imoogi (the induced mass suicides were chilling to watch) in these two episodes, for which I am finally able to forgive and forget the orange lipstick travesty of before. I wonder too what powers Ji A's Imoogi have apart from possessing body after body, and what kind of havoc she would wreak on the world?  

I do agree that it would be almost too much to have even the boy being someone more than what he seems. It just raised a red flag when he seems to have discernment beyond the norm. Whatever it is, let's hope it will be well explained, and not simply introducing yet another mythical character of the week just for the sake of it.

I don't remember seeing how Terry's servant was used as a living person in the attempt to defeat him. I am hard pressed to think that Yeon would have risked killing him, however much he is tempted to. Why do we have to wait two weeks to find out? Argh!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

1 hour ago, liddi said:

Why do we have to wait two weeks to find out? Argh!

I agree. However, given the level of world building that they've done for this drama, I have to think that the CGI work alone is very intricate and time consuming.

Given how cheesy the CGI for the end of the Korean Odyssey was which helped ruin the ending, I'm actually okay with them taking a little longer to make it look right. Assuming that is what the hold up is. Since someone mentioned that the actors are done with their parts, it has to be the post-production that is holding things up.

Still, it is hard to have to wait an extra week...

• Like 3

@stroppyse We will get through the two weeks somehow, as long as the payoff is worth it in every aspect. Please let the script hold up to the end - that is the glue that binds everything together!

• Like 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

@stroppyse We will get through the two weeks somehow, as long as the payoff is worth it in every aspect. Please let the script hold up to the end - that is the glue that binds everything together!

Yes! The writing has to be strong in order to make for a satisfying drama till the end. The production and acting can be spot on, but if the story is nonsense, then it's not really watchable.

Plus, so many dramas start fantastic only to dribble off into a lame, confusing, or open ending. So, let's just hope that this drama doesn't fall into that trap.

Not sure about this writer Han Woo Ri since I'm not familiar with her. When I looked her up, her only other credit was Children of a Lesser God, which I didn't watch.

• Like 3

@stroppyse Oh, the scriptwriter also wrote Children of a Lesser God?

Spoiler

The ending felt rushed and all too conveniently tied up in a bow for me, which was a shame because on the whole I enjoyed it. She really does conflicted characters well, but what put me off the ending is that there does not appear to be any real consequences to their actions, even if I really loved a particular character and rooted for him throughout.

Now that you mention it, I am afraid she is going to go down that same route with Rang. Much as I love him, please don't! 

So yes. I fervently second your hope that this drama will give us a strong finish, even if it has to take a hard route. 

• Like 4

@stroppyse @liddi I did watch a Children of A Lesser God. Overall very good drama and agree with what Liddi said in the spoiler.   Liddi, I was rooting for the Prosecutor..ahaha I like these grey characters and I think now I know why I like Lee Rang as much as I do. But I agree that he has to pay for his transgressions

What is this about ?

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yes! Jo Ha Min was the character I rooted for the most throughout the whole drama, which makes me rail at the ending all the more. There is a lot of similarity between him and Rang in that sense, and I truly hope the scriptwriter does not make the same mistake she did in Children of a Lesser God.

OST Part 6 is out!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Interesting comments by knets

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/11/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-12.html

Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 12 Comments and Reactions

[Kim Bum X Kim Yongji's First Encounter] A relationship deeper than family! Lee Rang's diary of babysitting Yuri(?) 

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.34.04%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.23.31%2

1. [+539][-3] They look like they are siblings, how cute,, This visual chemistry is amazing

2. [+478][-6] Look, Lee Rang is this sweet ㅠㅠㅠ Our Rang-ie is a very sweet baby fox ㅠㅠ I love Kim Bum's innocent face so much ㅠㅠ

3. [+459][-5] This couple might actually work too..? Who knew Lee Rang was this kind..! 

4. [+375][-2] What's up with today's episode ㅠㅠ How could you suddenly throw us a Rang-Yul storyline like this without any warning ㅠㅠ

5. [+335][-1] How can it be that even though she looks rough, her visuals are still outstanding 

Lee Dongwook and Kim Yongji both trying to save Kim Bum in their own ways! 

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.36.25%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.25.13%2

1. [+369][-1] Rang-ah... please open your eyes...ㅠ The brother you love so much is trying so hard to save you ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+333][-6] Why do I think Yuri will sacrifice herself...? I feel like she'll do something to save Rang-ie ㅠㅠㅠ Please, no one die

3. [+294][-2] Rang-ie finally resolved his misunderstanding with her brother and finally revived their close brother relationship after 600 years but is in danger again... Writer-nim, please let Rang-ie rest for a bit

4. [+248][-4] Rang-ie, please hang in there, our baby can do it ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Please, kill the Imugi and save Rang-ie ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+237][-5] It's so heartbreaking to see Yuri cry ㅠㅠ

[Awakening Ending] Lee Dongwook, awoke the Imugi rather than catching it?! Scales on Jo Boah's face...! 

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.37.36%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-13%2Bat%2B9.21.02%2

1. [+638][-11] The real body is in Jiah?????? She's not just a part of it?? What's this plot twist... There are only 2 weeks left until the finale and the vibe is that the plot will suddenly become stuffy...

2. [+575][-4] If Taluipa told him earlier, it wouldn't have come to this!!! 

3. [+573][-8] Is Baek Jongwon the only person who can save Jo Boah now... 

(T/N: Baek Jongwon is a famous Korean chef whom she worked with in the show 'Baek Jong Won’s Alley Restaurant') 

4. [+565][-4] Grandma, you could've at least told him in advance... Or at least a hint... 

5. [+405][-5] Not only did this scene shock me, but I was also shocked by the fact that it's not airing next week,,

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The Legendary Love Event

We wanted to highlight our love for this engrossing drama!

There is a tender love story between a gumiho-turned-mountain-god Lee Yeon and the human girl AhEum/Ji Ah who recognizes and loves him. There is also an epic bromance between the gumiho half brothers Lee Yeon and Lee Rang which manages to outshine the OTP romance. And, of course, there is the fight to protect the world from the forces of chaos!

A week when the drama is on hiatus may seem like an odd week to highlight this drama, however, we say it's the perfect opportunity to catch up or rewatch the series thus far!

Some questions that we're curious about from fellow viewers:

How do you feel about the imugi now? He feels creepy and threatening, but does he feel like the potential bringer of chaos to the world? 

Two imugis?

Thoughts on the secondary love triangle between the vet Shin Ju, the fox turned human Yu Ri, and Lee Rang?

Hope to read more from you all on these and any other aspect of this drama!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Jesscisu said:

im not reading the comments now but im no life watching this drama now. im already at ep 9 i really want the episodes to come out faster ;_;

.. great i just heard episode 13 airs on the 25th ;-; i shouldn't have wished

I just started this drama. I am on episode 2 now and never expected to like this drama. I haven’t reached the point where I am obsessed with it yet. I do like the whole monster life in the 21 Century 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Ohhhhhhh I get it now!!!. Just finished watching episode 3. 

Spoiler

OMg!! He took a life to save A Ji . Is being in love the death for Lee Yeon??? I was really hoping not but it seems the same rules apply.   

Why in the supernatural drama or series , The Monster always break rules when they start to fall in love. I was hoping it would be different. Interesting , very interesting 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Soon, you will become as obsessed with Lee Rang as @Tofu has become! :pandalove:

Yes, @mademoiselle!! Tale of the Nine Tailed made me rediscovered how much I adore Kim Bum. I've missed seeing him in dramas. He needs to be in more. 

One thought I had the other day is that with all the transformations, I'm hesitant to believe anything I see because I don't know if it really is that person or LR and LY turned into them. :pandasadspoon:

• Haha 5

I think it's interesting that the material likes to play with Korean mythologies, changing them (the gumiho, the imugi, and others) from the original mythology to create a new world to inhabit.

I suppose in that sense, it's similar to 'Goblin' in that the drama elevates a dokkaebi, that is a goblin-like spirit initially formed from an inanimate object, who take on traits from mischievous to fearsome, but never look anything at all like Gong Yoo.

It's also in the spirit of the Harry Potter books in how they do a mash up and present an alternate version of common myths for their world. I don't mind as long as the rules of the world are relatively clear and not changed randomly.

I sometimes wonder about mashup gumiho universes because how many gumihos can there be really? So, Shin Min Ah's gumiho in 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' as a mountain god after 1000 years? Lee Seung Gi's half gumiho in Gu Family Book is also Lee Rang? Then again, Lee Seung Gi also married the gumiho in 'My Girlfriend is a Gumiho' as well as playing the half-gumiho later on. Hmmm. I'm thinking a cameo by LSG as JA and LY's child is in order somewhere in this drama!

Btw, I think LDW should continue to play immortal characters. He was fantastic as a Grim Reaper in 'Goblin' and fantastic as the gumiho turned mountain god in this drama!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 11/16/2020 at 12:54 AM, stroppyse said:

How do you feel about the imugi now? He feels creepy and threatening, but does he feel like the potential bringer of chaos to the world? 

The Imugi actor (Taeri) creep me out not because he is terrifying but more of like  a pervert. 

125287566_5027089970634783_1995715697761179199_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeHeFnMrM0dcJX1d2NohbhvhzKLdOgdr62vMot06B2vra_FhFQw6SVIVPhqW641vV_fa6dzomC7YwKxNYRei37pO&_nc_ohc=9KBpIKVGgNwAX_TrNYP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl17-1.fna&oh=80dc53a17870249bab6b27c68c40b5bf&oe=5FD8EA68

On 11/16/2020 at 12:54 AM, stroppyse said:

Thoughts on the secondary love triangle between the vet Shin Ju, the fox turned human Yu Ri, and Lee Rang?

I was actually torn between the Shin Ju and Lee Rang for Yuri! But I think for the greater good of the story. I'd rather have Lee Rang and Yuri stay platonic! And Shin Ju as her lover. He respects & adore Yuri and I love that for her. She can have 2 Foxes protect her! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 minutes ago, kimberlyamor said:

The Imugi actor (Taeri) creep me out not because he is terrifying but more of like  a pervert. 

Nice picture selection! He definitely looks rather creepy and pervy in that pic.

8 minutes ago, kimberlyamor said:

I was actually torn between the Shin Ju and Lee Rang for Yuri! But I think for the greater good of the story. I'd rather have Lee Rang and Yuri stay platonic! And Shin Ju as her lover. He respects & adore Yuri and I love that for her. She can have 2 Foxes protect her! 

Me, too! I've said that the relationship between LR and YR is similar to the relationship between LY and SJ. It seems as if YR would do anything and everything for LR, including romance, however, LR usually treats YR more like a pet than as a potential love interest.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I think LDW should continue to play immortal characters. He was fantastic as a Grim Reaper in 'Goblin' and fantastic as the gumiho turned mountain god in this drama!

I agree @stroppyse He is certainly very good at Mythical Creatures. He brings these characters to life, pulls your heart strings and makes you feel for his character. 
I fell for him from 

Spoiler

A scent of A Woman, Goblin 

Why I love Mythical creatures 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2929859d21f040b62f62

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kimberlyamor said:

I know what you mean! He has this creepy/perverted look to him. In this scene with Ji Ah, I just wanted to hand her a bunch of hand sanitizer afterwards. 

giphy.gif

On 11/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, stroppyse said:

Some questions that we're curious about from fellow viewers:

Two imugis?

I think it's very possible to have two imugis, maybe even more too; however, let's stick with two for the sake of the drama. Haha! I think the imugi in Ji Ah has the potential to really cause chaos. I'm still not sure about Lee Tae Ri's imugi. I feel like there's more to him and it'll be interesting to see how his character evolves in the remaining episodes. 

I don't know who I would like Yu Ri to end up with. I really love her relationship with Lee Rang, but I also like the developing romance with Shin Ju too. I think Lee Rang should receive consequences for all the things he's done, so maybe Shin Ju if that happens? And Lee Rang if he doesn't receive severe consequences? :idk:

@stroppyse - Agreed! I think LDW should always play immortal characters, he does those the best. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu Hahahaha I thought you were bewitched by Lee Jae Wook. Didn't know you have fallen (again) on Kim Bum and to the level of obsessed. But why am I even surprise when I fall for guys almost every single drama I watch? :eeeee: Come to think of it I haven't seen that many of Kim Bum's dramas. BOF was his first and then... this is second. Always thought he's a cutie though.

@stroppyse What about you - are you Lee Dong Wook or Kim Bum obsessed? I got a notif for a new badge and I was honestly expecting a Lee Rang/Lee Yeon's badge. Ahahahahahahahaha and I was greeted by this NINETAILED06.png.8d79fbaeddf0442e878d013:laugh: I feel trolled but gosh, they are cute! Thank you, guys and @Soju

• Haha 4
16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@stroppyse What about you - are you Lee Dong Wook or Kim Bum obsessed? I got a notif for a new badge and I was honestly expecting a Lee Rang/Lee Yeon's badge.

That's a hard question to answer. Lee Rang tugs my heart and I'm rediscovering what a fantastic actor Kim Bum is, not to mention that mischievous little boy look in his eyes that can turn into the sad eyes of a lost, lonely boy just wanting his hyung.

However, Lee Yeon is a MOUNTAIN GOD with GOLDEN EYES and the velvetiest voice. Lee Dong Wook amazes me with each of his characters.

Do I have to choose? Can't I just obsess on both?

As for the Foxy Brothers' badge, there might be a LY/LR version... If you're willing to put a poll together for us on this thread, then things might be worked out...

54 minutes ago, Tofu said:

In this scene with Ji Ah, I just wanted to hand her a bunch of hand sanitizer afterwards. 

:laugh: Yes, hand sanitizer and a towel!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

That's a hard question to answer. Lee Rang tugs my heart and I'm rediscovering what a fantastic actor Kim Bum is, not to mention that mischievous little boy look in his eyes that can turn into the sad eyes of a lost, lonely boy just wanting his hyung.

However, Lee Yeon is a MOUNTAIN GOD with GOLDEN EYES and the velvetiest voice. Lee Dong Wook amazes me with each of his characters.

Do I have to choose? Can't I just obsess on both?

As for the Foxy Brothers' badge, there might be a LY/LR version... If you're willing to put a poll together for us on this thread, then things might be worked out...

:laugh: Unfortunately right now I'm stuck at one question only...

Who do you think might die?

1. Lee Yeon

2. Lee Rang

3. Shin Ju

4. Yuri

5. Terry

6. Ji Ah

That's not a very positive poll question :pandaheadstomp:

• Haha 3