Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

Wow, episode 5 actually managed to make me side with Lee Rang! When I saw those 3 punks throwing baseballs at that poor dog tied up in the junkyard with the aim of killing it by repeatedly throwing their balls at it, I was happy that LR stepped in. Honestly, how can anyone treat animals so cruelly! The poor dog is bloodied and limping, but alive, and chasing after Lee Rang.

The flashback to LR losing his puppy when the humans burned the forest after Lee Yeon couldn't take care of the forest any more also made me feel bad for the young Lee Rang who had to end his puppy's suffering with his own hands.

The first part of episode 5 was just unbearably sad. Regardless of the cuteness of LY and JA, it was really about human cruelty to the weak, whether it's to animals or to nieces that an uncle is supposed to care for and protect, instead he molests them and then burns them alive to hide his crime.

What the heck is this drama doing to me? This whole drama had better not be a tear fest!

And, now, I want Lee Rang saved and rehabilitated rather than consigned to hell or non-existence! Anyone who protects a helpless can't be all bad.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finished watching episode 5, and there are 2 things that are niggling at me.

1. The fox bead that LY had placed in AE had to be activated somehow? Does that mean that the other women who reminded LY of AE through all those years, could they also have been AE reincarnated, but the fox bead wasn't activated, so that LY couldn't sense it?

2. The kiss that ends the episode. It feels a bit wrong because LY is kissing AE rather than JA. I mean, I know that it's supposed to be the same soul, but is it really the same person? Isn't the version of that soul that LY longs for really AE, and so he got carried away kissing AE? Whereas the incarnation that is being kissed is JA who has no memory of AE?

I guess I'm veering into philosophical territory now, but heck, this drama started it first. What does everyone else think? Am I just overthinking it?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
43 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Finished watching episode 5, and there are 2 things that are niggling at me.

1. The fox bead that LY had placed in AE had to be activated somehow? Does that mean that the other women who reminded LY of AE through all those years, could they also have been AE reincarnated, but the fox bead wasn't activated, so that LY couldn't sense it?

2. The kiss that ends the episode. It feels a bit wrong because LY is kissing AE rather than JA. I mean, I know that it's supposed to be the same soul, but is it really the same person? Isn't the version of that soul that LY longs for really AE, and so he got carried away kissing AE? Whereas the incarnation that is being kissed is JA who has no memory of AE?

I guess I'm veering into philosophical territory now, but heck, this drama started it first. What does everyone else think? Am I just overthinking it?

I haven't watched ep 5 yet, BUT I have some theories. 

1. I do think the fox bead somehow wasn't activated because neither Lee Yeon nor the other women showed any interest. Every other woman he's encountered who looked like Ah Eum, he let go because he couldn't sense the fox bead. I think on the previous? page I mentioned that I believe he's never known before is due to him not trying to see if it was her or not aside from looking at her face. I think he's always had this thought that he'd know once he sees her, but the gods told him that she may not be the Ah Eum he remembers (when someone is reincarnated, they don't remember their previous life). My theory was that Lee Yeon & Ah Eum in this life (which is Ji Ah) actually bonded & he fell for her for who she was now and not for the fact that she might be his first love. He said nothing mattered & who she might be wasn't a factor when he left that snowy mountain to save her. Then she said she called out to him which she's never done before, she was scared he was hurt more so over whatever happened to her. TL;DR, both actually have feelings for each other (I think this entire paragraph may have been unnecessary once I think about it lol) 

2. I haven't seen it yet. I think Lee Yeon is already in love with Ji Ah, but he may have been overwhelmed by seeing her in traditional clothing. We've established although they're very similar (not including faces) in some cases, Ah Eum & Ji Ah aren't the same person at all. 

I think you have valid questions, not overthinking things at all. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

A translation of the BTS episode 8. As usual, I've translated everything that's captioned, plus what I could make out of the uncaptioned audio.

LR: This is a classic.(pointing to the book 'Moby Dick')
caption: Let’s dig into and see the true nature of a gumiho
title caption: We want to know a gumiho
caption: if you follow the making team, the abilities of a gumiho is
JA: You have to push it forward and and then move it away like that.
LR: Yeah.
caption: One shot! One kill! A moment’s finish.
Staff: One. Two. Three.
PD: With your hand!
caption: One shot! One kill! A moment’s action (We can see the kind bead~) (me: think it’s talking about LR’ having a good fox’s bead inside of him still)
Staff: Think’s it.
PD: Yes. That was exactly right.

LR: Are you going to be so stiff and unaccommodating like this?
caption: Innate ability to act intimately friendly
LR: You’re really going to be like that, with our relationship?
LR: If you get caught by me one more time, I’m just going to kill you.
caption: Courage that doesn’t scare at all

LR: Actually, I’m not afraid of much.
PD: Again
caption: Even in that moment, the best talent by far
caption: FACE (me: meaning that he’s good looking)
LR: (the location should) be described as a really fantastic place?
LR: but I don’t have the wherewithal
caption: preparing for an instant exit
caption: having determined the fastest way, the instant exit (?) route
staff: Let’s go
LR caption: scarily fast
caption: Unable to exit in a moment, the BTS PD
BTS PD: Don’t go! Don’t go! 3 more seconds!!!
caption: (Let me go with you (cry))

caption: (Having loads of time by himself)

caption: So very young and healthy, the 600 year old gumiho (me: note the literal translation of this saying is “young as bright red” (so not fade) and healthy
caption: The BTS PD has to recover…has to catch up with the program here…)
LR: That road goes around, but it’s an easy road
BTS PD: Isn’t the shooting too difficult right from the beginning? (Save me)
LR: Being a gumiho. It’s too hard.
LR: In the script, if it says that he appears in a flash, then he has to appear like that
LR: But making that flash happen, you have to walk a long road like this
caption: In an instant exit, finding the actual method to success?
BTS PD: (a picture… it’s like a picture)
LR: We’re coming here so soullessly (me: meaning in a rush without being able to appreciate it) - but it’s too picturesque
BTS PD: Your face. Your face that is.
LR: Lee Rang-nim, your face is like a picture.
LR: Did we come here?
LR: What is that?
caption: BTS PD’s ordeal doesn’t finish here.
caption: Passing by a difficult forest

caption: Capturing a very excited 1000 year old gumiho
caption: A gumiho’s abilities, show us, show us
LY: Wah - it’s high up
LY captions: careful careful
caption: Really high up (below there is empty space)
LY caption: taking his time, difficult
LY: I mean, was this scene really supposed to be this difficult?
LY: If I do it, I can do it.
caption: If you follow the BTS, the gumiho’s true ability is
caption: His holy face is ready!
caption: Isn’t there some other secret as well?

caption: Continuing into the mountain, the gumiho spirit
BTS PD: It’s getting hard to see in front of me!
caption: Inside a forest where one is unable to see even an inch, a brightly shining face
caption: (<- a fantastic physique being revealed, coming soon)

caption: A splendid foot placement (talent)
LY: Couldn’t I just go around?
LY captions: excite, taking his time

PD: Action
caption: Calling on the rain, the mountain god’s performance
LY caption: (<- The 1000 year old gumiho’s pose)
caption: We wonder if we should be doing this
caption: His face is ready ^^
LY: Oh, I’ve missed the mountain spirits
caption: Even though it’s been a long time, he can still do it!
caption: Why is that? Because the the secret to his talent is his face
caption: Today’s lesson, the gumiho’s best talent is his face
caption: Until the day the Gumiho Brothers faces save the world, until that day, please go with KingKong by Starship’s official channel

To be honest, I don't think these BTS' are brilliant videologs. For one thing, I think these actors are working really hard, and the BTS PD keeps going on about their faces and bodies. I'm not sure if she's just that enamored of how good looking Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum are (and they are both very good looking), but it's getting to the point where it feels like objectification.

I'm also not sure how many people are reading these anyway, so I may stop translating the BTS stuff. It's almost better to ignore the BTS captions and just admire how hard working everyone is and how well they're working together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @stroppyse for all the translations and insights. Am gonna watch eps 5 shortly.

Meanwhile we will have Lee Kyu Hyung cameo tonight!  :wow:

103574031.2.jpg

from here: https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201022/103574033/2

Translated some bits with papago

Spoiler

In this regard, Lee Kyu-hyung will play a special role as "Sato," which will serve as the clue to the Yeowugae incident 21 years ago, boosting the drama's vitality. Lee Kyu-hyung's special appearance was made at the request of Lee Dong-wook, who became his best friend through the drama "Life." Lee Kyu-hyung, who accepted Lee Dong-wook's offer at once, proved his special loyalty by showing his strong friendship with Lee throughout the filming process.

In particular, Lee Kyu-hyung, who turned into a dialect, showed off his sharp charisma with intense eyes and sharp gestures, casting an overwhelming atmosphere. Furthermore, Lee Kyu-hyung, along with Lee Dong-wook, who plays the role of Lee Yeon, is raising expectations by performing an action performance that does not save his body. Questions are mounting over what the role of Sato played by Lee Kyu-hyung, who plays the character perfectly with his solid acting skills, and whether he can give Lee Yeon and Nam Ji-ah a special hint on the case of the foxhole 21 years ago.

Lee Kyu-hyung's special appearance took place at a folk village in August. Lee Kyu-hyung was energized with unlimited energy, and Lee Dong-wook thanked Lee Kyu-hyung for his outstanding performance throughout the shoot. Jo Bo-ah also gave a big hand with a bright smile, and a friendly atmosphere continued. Moreover, Lee Kyu-hyung, who showed various aspects from seriousness to unexpected charm through his role as Sato, even encouraged viewers to watch "Kumiho" live.

The production team said, "I would like to express my deep gratitude to Lee Kyu-hyung for accepting the special appearance even though it is not easy to shoot," and added, "I hope you watch Lee Kyu-hyung's appearance on the show , which will be short but impactful."

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep5 brings back all the reasons I fell in love with this drama in the first place after last week, and I cannot be more thrilled. The expected budding romance between the couple in present day is interspaced with painful themes of child abuse, animal abuse and the trauma it leaves. As more of Rang's backstory is shown, we cannot help but empathise with him all the more, and understand why he went down that dark dark path. The child abuse arc, while lightly touched, hits a raw nerve and reminds us once again how those who are trusted to care for one's children, may very well be the wolves in sheep's clothing who prey upon them instead. The animal abuse angle was really disturbing to watch, and seeing the perpetrators made to pay by Rang and Yu Ri was incredibly cathartic.

While now embarking on the requisite sweet moments between Yeon and Ji A, I love that it retains the charm that drew me to them in the first place. Ji A remains feisty - accepting (surprisingly easily) that she is A Eum's reincarnation, yet refusing to live as an echo of her past life in Yeon's eyes. The flashbacks to their past are beautifully executed, and the revealing of who she was in the past as well as inklings of the role Imoogi played in that timeline gives us an idea why the fateful showdown came about. However, the scene that moves me the most is the appearance of the two fireflies in Ji A's life in the past, and now, courtesy of Yeon. For a moment, I thought that those were the incarnation of her parents, somehow missing from the Living Realm and the Afterlife. Currently, there is nothing to support that fact, but I cannot help but wonder (and hope) if it would be revealed to be thus after all, and that the parents she has been looking for all this time, were by her side all this while through her darkest moments. 

Meanwhile the present identity of Imoogi's human servant comes to light, and his proximity to Ji A is ominous. There is no doubt he knows who Ji A is, and I cannot help but wonder if he knew all along who she was, way before Yeon figured it out. If he did, how? We also get a first glimpse of the child that Imoogi now has become within such a short time, which leads me to believe that we will probably see him as a full grown adult before long.

On an unrelated note, I am inordinately pleased to see familiar faces from dramas that I love here - villains Mgr Wang and conman Hwang Doo Chul from Missing:The Other Side here as the uncle and father of the ghost sisters; as well as young crown prince Yi Chang from Kingdom as the child Imoogi. Not to mention Lee Kyu Hyung will cameo tonight! Yes!

In short, this week has gotten off to a great start for this viewer, and I can't wait to continue. Ep6 come quickly!

Edited by liddi
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

Just got off eps 5 ...okay so now we see some dots connecting since it has been revealed that the Imoogi is a serpent or snake. That day in the forest , when JiAh was possessed , it was the doing of the Imoogi's spirt then.

I am beginning to enjoy the romance.  I have always loved how Lee Yeon looks at Ji Ah with those honey dripping eyes, but I felt something missing that would tug at my heart. However  as they keep showing flashbacks of their past , including Ji Ah's childhood where LY's fireflies comforted her, I find myself rooting for their happy ever after in this present life.  

Cute:

Credit: 

img.gif

Oh by the way , I like the interactions between YR and Mr Vet . I think there's great potential for a side romance there :D

Love  this OST 3

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh by the way , I like the interactions between YR and Mr Vet . I think there's great potential for a side romance there :D

I do, too! YR had been abused which is where her bloodlust comes from. However, it's clear to see that she's intrigued by the vet who doesn't look at her or treat her the way other men/foxes do. Plus the compassion that the vet showed the mangled dog seems to have touched her. Here was an example of someone treating an animal tenderly and with care, not because he wants anything from the dog, but because he's trying to help the dog.

I'm now hoping for a redemption for LR, and for YR as well. It would be cute if YR and the Vet are able to get together, though I can see YR becoming a vigilante against animal cruelty if they do.

Love Lyn's voice, so think the OST you posted is fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Translation of the episode 7 preview.

LY: I made a promise. I’m going to keep that promise, even if it costs me my life.
LR: The thing about love is…that it can cause your destruction in an instant.
JA: You’ve become important to me, too, Lee Yeon.
LY: The imugi is definitely connected with Lee Rang.
LY: If you mess with that person, you will really die by my hand this time.
Man: Don’t get involved. Are you really planning on doing that?
LY: If I don’t go, that person will be hurt!
Man: You or the child, one of the two of you will die.

Nooooo! I don't know who the older man is yet, but I don't like his prediction that LY or JA will die. They just found each other. Can't they at least have one lifetime together??:cry: 

Btw, an "imugi" in Korean mythology is a serpent-like creature who is trying to become a dragon.

Btw, I know that LY is a gumiho, but there is something almost vampyric to the way he looks some times, or perhaps they deliberately styled him that way since he's a fallen mountain god.

• Thanks 3
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Nooooo! I don't know who the older man is yet, but I don't like his prediction that LY or JA will die. They just found each other. Can't they at least have one lifetime together??:cry: 

noooo...what ? It is pre-destined that they can never be happy together? 

Thank you for the translations

So was checking out some of the cuts...so it seems that LY knows the Lee Kyu Hyung's character and that they are friends. I wonder if the latter knows the JA's parents whereabouts. It was said in eps 5 that her folks are neither in the living realm or the after life.

This cut is most deceiving...I thought it was some happy dating scene. But it actually starts off with the shaman telling her about her short life right @stroppyse?

This bad , she's getting those terrifying dreams again. Honestly, it is remarkable that JA grew up as strong as she did and didn't go looney. And what is with that snake print on her neck again at the end of the cut:shocked2:

• Like 1

I haven’t watch complete episodes yet but I think A Reum was killed by LY when she was possessed by Imoogi??? The previous scene when JA was possessed by Imoogi, she did say to LY that, “Yeon, why you killed me?” and Yeon was visibly shocked.

By killing A Reum, Imoogi will be dead too, maybe trapping Imoogi in A Reum’s body. The reason why Imoogi needed A Reum’s incarnation’s blood to be resurrected....

So there’s a possibility that the reborn Imoogi needs to be kills with JA’s blood or by her. It’s obvious JA is different from what happened to her parents.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3
6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This cut is most deceiving...I thought it was some happy dating scene. But it actually starts off with the shaman telling her about her short life right @stroppyse?

The shaman says that the deal is done, and her lifeline has changed. 

Also, the child who is the imugi smiles and says that the fox bead has disappeared.

From comments later in the clip, JA may have made a deal to buy LY.

I really need to watch this episode to know, but that does not portend well.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

So after The Omen and The Shinning, now they give us Harry Potter with Nagini and Horcrux??? :HaunterOK: Will they give us something along the line of Dumbledore's quotes for the conclusions, "YOU WOULD BE PROTECTED BY AN ANCIENT MAGIC OF WHICH HE KNOWS... WHICH HE DESPISES." and "“YOU ARE PROTECTED, IN SHORT, BY YOUR ABILITY TO LOVE!” (Potterhead knows this) :cool: I would suggest that JA starts to learns Occlumency so she can blocks such dreams sends by Nag....eerrrrr....Imoogi....:Ghastlel:

I love this drama dearly mainly for Wookie and KB. I hope they will reconcile and fight Imoogi together. JS traded Fox Bead inside her for Yeon, so far we weren't tell about what is this Fox Bead can do aside for being pretty nice to looks at. It's seems to protects A Reum and any of her incarnations from Imoogi???

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3

Watching subbed eps 6 , and wanted to say this before I forget. I do appreciate the way that Ji Ah's character is written.  Considering that Ji Ah has gone through so much as a child and is constantly given these dreams, it is nothing  short of a miracle that she has not gone bonkers. Yet she is resilient, confronts her fears and searches for the truth and for solutions .  So I was reminded of your earlier post @liddi about how Ji Ah while accepting that she is AhEum's reincarnation, is determined to be her own person. So I really liked her response to the kiss here. I was glad he was honest about confusing his feelings , and that she recognised that instantly & told him to like her as Ji Ah and not Ah Eum

RqBOfS0.png

I do think from a philosophical POV we can argue whether Ah Eum and JiA are two different beings or persons. I cannot blame LY for confusing them both. It is not just the looks and the fox beads confirming things. Ah Eum and Ji Ah are  both inherently strong  women - Ah Eum was determined to kill her father who was a terrible ruler, Ji Ah is a reporter who is not worried to expose the truth.  It is understandable of course that Ji Ah wants to be seen for who she is since she has no recollection of any of Ah Eum's memories. And again philosophically speaking memories contribute to our identities

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I Just finished the subbed eps .

@OsmanthusTea’s theory makes sense 

21 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I haven’t watch complete episodes yet but I think A Reum was killed by LY when she was possessed by Imoogi??? The previous scene when JA was possessed by Imoogi, she did say to LY that, “Yeon, why you killed me?” and Yeon was visibly shocked.

By killing A Reum, Imoogi will be dead too, maybe trapping Imoogi in A Reum’s body. The reason why Imoogi needed A Reum’s incarnation’s blood to be resurrected....

So there’s a possibility that the reborn Imoogi needs to be kills with JA’s blood or by her. It’s obvious JA is different from what happened to her parents.

And Ah Eum was possessed in the 1st place because she’s precious to LY, hence his weakness which the Imoogi knows full well . There must be some sort of long-standing feud between Imoogi & LY .

Those beads act as a talisman that has protected Ji Ah  during the accident. It may have also prevented the Imoogi from being able to possess her.  So now without it , Ji Ah can be fully controlled by the Imoogi & ultimately this is to get at LY. And that’s why at some point in the drama, LY may actually consider  sacrificing  himself to save her . I hope not of course 

—-

New BTS 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I do think from a philosophical POV we can argue whether Ah Eum and JiA are two different beings or persons. I cannot blame LY for confusing them both. It is not just the looks and the fox beads confirming things. Ah Eum and Ji Ah are  both inherently strong  women - Ah Eum was determined to kill her father who was a terrible ruler, Ji Ah is a reporter who is not worried to expose the truth.  It is understandable of course that Ji Ah wants to be seen for who she is since she has no recollection of any of Ah Eum's memories. And again philosophically speaking memories contribute to our identities

I always has this thought when I watch a drama with incarnation themed especially the C drama Love & Destiny.  For the person who is waiting for the incarnated person, both are one and the same but for the incarnated itself they totally feel different. The scene in L&D was especially painful when the incarnated was about to die (she must be kills by the man who loves her, both times) and asked the the same person if he loves her or her previous self.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And that’s why at some point in the drama, LY may actually consider  sacrificing  himself to save her .

I have a "premonition" about their future when Yeon said his dream is to becomes a human. So maybe in order to defeats Imoogi in he needs to sacrifice his immortality instead of his life??? :Ghastlel: So we can have a happy ending because so far I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel yet.....:HaunterOK:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
3 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I have a "premonition" about their future when Yeon said his dream is to becomes a human. So maybe in order to defeats Imoogi in he needs to sacrifice his immortality instead of his life??? 

So we can have a happy ending because so far I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel yet.....

I love this ending! I hope it becomes true that LY can become human and live a lifetime with JA. :love:

• Heart Eyes 2

cde63e56857d595bdf4d8e622be20a20dfa1c9d3

source

I swear this had to be an ad-libs from LDW, hahahahaha.

-----

Since we're at this scene, I really don't think it is reasonable/plausible for Ran to trade Yeon with the fortune teller just because he regards Yeon as the most precious. This is mainly because, Yeon is not "a thing" belonging to Ran, which he can give away.

I'm actually quite upset that Ji Ah just gave away the fox bead without second thought. Surely being in the line of her work she should know what power/legend the fox bead does (even though we don't). And can't Yeon feel that the fox bead is gone (or she has to cry in order for him to know?). I'd have thought she activated it when she cried. Aishhhh. This is so annoyingly unclear.

Like many, I'm liking the relationship between Vet Fox and Russian Fox (sorry, can't remember names yet). Their side-loveline is the more interesting part of the story than the main, haha. And since Yeon is the most precious for Ran, this also means an impending doom for him in the finale... a foreshadowing of him sacrificing himself to save Yeon.

@OsmanthusTea LOLLL I so get your Harry Potter reference, OMG, it's so funny. Coz like you, I also get the same vibe when she's meeting him in his bedroom. It's so Harry and Voldemort (through Nagini). Bwahaha. The copying is too recognisable. Soon Ji Ah will be speaking parseltongue with Imoogi, LOL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

Regarding the fox bead, Oppa Wiki says that fox bead can be activates (?) by using tongue kiss.....😂😂 No wonder Yeon failed to meet any of the previous incarnations of JA because he only tapped their shoulders and said Hi....🤣🤣

54-C9-CC7-A-4-FCF-4375-9-EE0-02-FF746-A2

@mademoiselle

We should pray to drama gods that no copying anymore. I will die if JA suddenly turns into Scarlet Witch....🤣🤣 Or  the writer feels the urges to turns fox bead into Infinity Stones-ish...😂😂 

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 4

Hello Nine-Tailed watchers!

I am here to share about an upcoming forum game that will be part of Jang Haven's upcoming 100th day celebrations!

This game is organised by members, with members, for members and staff to get to know one another better! Check out this thread for more information to sign up!

P/S: If you stumbled across Jang Haven recently, come join us and start chatting about the dramas you are watching. So many good ones this season that we can't stop talking about! :MewWave:

• Party! 2

Interesting comments from k netz

I agree with the k netz comments that Ji Ah didn't have a choice but to give up the fox bead & bring LY back.

And the cutest comment In truth, the baby fox loved his older brother fox the most,, and that was revealed,, waaah,,,🦊

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-6.html

Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 6 Comments and Reactions

1. [+702][-6] I thought it was another villain but it seems that all the mountain spirits are best friends with each other...

2. [+641][-6] A Korean half-moon bear ㅋㅋWhy does it suit Lee Kyuhyung so much ㅋㅋ It was nice to have Lee Kyuhyung on screen, even only for a brief moment ^^

3. [+489][-4] I thought they didn't get along but they're still best friends despite fighting like that ㅋㅋ But the governor was the old mountain spirit - does that mean apart from Lee Yeon and the governor, all the 4 omnipotent mountain spirits are in similar situations with each other 

4. [+342][-6] Ah I love their banter ㅠㅠ They're best friends, yet fight vigorously ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋAs they were the ex-mountain spirits, their scales are huge 

5. [+327][-4] No but ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Why are they fighting so vigorously even though they're best friends? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋSaying that 'It's been a while, let's have ice americano together' ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-23%2Bat%2B1.37.53%2
Screenshot%2B2020-10-23%2Bat%2B12.58.44%

1. [+507[-4] When Rang is asked what's the most precious to him, he thinks and calls his brother to find him. It may seem that he hates him to death but I think Lee Rang's anger is not because of Lee Yeon's hatred, but because of his desire for his love. 

2. [+386][-4] Even at that moment, his older brother was the most precious to Lee Rang ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ But why did you give up your precious brother..... 

3. [+380][-5] In truth, the baby fox loved his older brother fox the most,, and that was revealed,, waaah,,,🦊

4. [+289][-4] Look at Rang's gaze shaking, thinking maybe ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Let's resolve this misunderstanding soon ㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+273][-5] Yes, in the end, his brother was his number 1 priority.....
Screenshot%2B2020-10-23%2Bat%2B1.41.40%2

Screenshot%2B2020-10-23%2Bat%2B1.05.25%2

1. [+374][-4] What is Jiah going to do... But if she didn't give up the fox crystal, Lee Yeon can't come back so she has no choice but to give it up.. 

2. [+353][-4] Lee Rang said that the most precious thing in the world is his brother so maybe later when his brother is in danger because of the Python, Lee Rang might sacrifice himself instead  

3. [+251][-5] Lee Yeon saying 'if Aheum did that, why did she put her life on the line',  and the scene where they are having a sword fight makes me think that Aheum thought if she died, the Python will disappear and that's why she behaved like that ㅠ What is this writer-nim... Now the fox crystal has been handed over ㅠㅠ I hope you're not planning on making us endure more stuffy plots... right? ㅠ

4. [+213][-6] I don't care - just return the fox crystal back,, 

5. [+194][-3] Is it that the small part of the Python in Jiah's body meets the Python and becomes self-aware and bigger in size?? Will the Python later fully overtake Jiah like it did in the past ㅠㅠㅠㅠ? I don't want Lee Yeon and Jiah to be in danger ㅠㅠ
  • Like 2

I do think that JA really has no choice but to traded fox bead with Yeon. As a person who's in the knows in the mystic mumbo jumbo she knows what is the purpose of fox bead (Oppa Wiki said it's to gains knowledge) but for sure she thinks that gaining knowledge isn't as important as having Yeon back in her arms. She is in the dark (like us too) about another uses of fox bead which is MAYBE to protect her from Nagini's Korean cousin.

5qFbft.gif

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

So this Site did some digging and compiled some plot speculations made by netizens, and I have to say they are quite good. I paraphrased them from mandarin with the help of a translation app.

@stroppyse @OsmanthusTea@liddi @ktcjdrama @mademoiselle @Merry_Shai  @movingwheel @Tofu @im0202

1. Part of the Imoogi's soul is in Ji-ah.

The Imoogi needs to bring  Ji-ah back  in order to become a complete self again. However, the Imoogi did not discover her whereabouts as the fox pearl hid Ji-ah's scent all this while, up until now.  [So that is why now Ji-Ah's scales are coming out. The Imoogi can trace her scent.]

Spoiler

photo-5f9298709ddb5.JPG

2.  To kill the Imoogi, Ji-ah has to die?
The above conjecture worries everyone about the safety of Ji-ah . The speculation is that If Ji-ah has to die, the fortune-teller's fox beads would likely be useful at the critical moment to keep her alive.

3. AhEum's father is also controlled by the Imoogi?
In addition, Ji-ah's past life has also led to speculation. Many Internet users speculate that Ah-Eum died in a violent death. This has something to do with the Imoogi .Ah-Eum once said she was going to kill her father because he was cruel and he shouldn't be king.  Internet users also speculate that Ah-Eum's father may have been possesed by the Imoogi .Or the Imoogi is a fake king, and Ah-Eum is the daughter of the Imoogi, so she carries part of him. 

[ I have to say this is a most interesting theory! Perhaps that's why her being his descendant is why her blood could bring him back]

4. Why didn't the child Imoogi  kill the sparrow?
There is another interesting part in Episode 6 where that kid  didn't kill the sparrow. 

internet users suspect that the Imoogi may not have fully controlled the child, just like when he could only control Ji-ah for a moment. Others guess that the Imoogi may not be bad by nature, but the servant around him. The servant manipulates the Imoogi  and has used his power since ancient times to achieve his wish, so the real villain is him.

Spoiler

photo-5f929839d93d1.jpg

5. What is the dragon?
So what is this terrible Imoogi ?According to Korean legend, this creature was originally called a "godd"  ( I think something is lost in translation here , a four-legged, long-tailed reptile that looked like a gecko or lizard. In order to become a serpent / dragon , they have to practice it for 1,000 years.  A thousand years later, the first person to see him is a dragon. But if the man says, "It's a snake!" Then the beast must be re-executed. ( not sure what this means here I put it in Mandarin here if you can read. 

Spoiler

1000年後,螭出現在外面的世界,第一個看見他的人,如果說:「是龍!」牠就變成龍了。但如果那人說:「是蛇!」那麼螭就必須重新修行。

Spoiler

photo-5f929c894744d.jpg

If it doesn't  succeed & transform ( reincarnate ) into a dragon, it will become very cruel because of its despair. 

Spoiler

photo-5f929ca95f6a2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2