Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

I think that's an excellent idea to have a spinoff, feels like it was already planned since they've announced it while the drama is still airing. I hope they give us a look at how Rang saved Yu Ri, I completely understand why she's so loyal to him. 

48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Wait! Isn't YR supposed to have a love line with SJ? Or would this be the story of how LR saved YR, so be more of a back story than a forward looking story? Or maybe, it doesn't have to be a romance between LR and YR, just that they go around rescuing helpless, mistreated animals!

Anyway, I'm curious. LR and YR obviously do have a special relationship, though there is no hint of romance. Actually, YR's relationship to LR is very much the same as SJ's relationship to LY, I guess. KB and KYJ do look very cute together, though.

I still think crime fighter super-duo who rescues mistreated animals from stupid or evil jerks would be good!

I think it's more of a backstory with added context to the current timeline of the drama, maybe including the ending (whatever that may be). I think it's just to give us more context into their relationship and how he came to rescue her. I do agree, there's no real hint of romance between them (which I'm kinda happy to see because it would be way too obvious). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@stroppyse @Merry_Shai there was a video posted, it seems there's more to tell ; dunno if it is just on them alone..

I saw some stuff online & I think KB is already done with filming

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

More BTS of Rang. It's hilarious how both LDW and Kim Bum end up bending their respective weapons out of shape while being attacked by zombies in the Forest of the Starved!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

[Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' Episode 10 Comments and Reactions

A heart-attack kiss!! Jo Boah saves the bloody Gumiho, Lee Dongwook, who was being chased by humans

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.13.07%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.49.57%2

1. [+245][-3] I know that foxes used to be considered as bad-spirits in the past but how can humans repay their debt to the Rang-ie and Yeon-ie like this, especially when they made the mountain peaceful and protected them in a way

2. [+165][-2] Both of them are seriously incredible at acting...

3. [+156][-2] Our Jiah, full of energy...

4. [+150][-2] The village folks are the problem...

5. [+134][-2] Our Jiah was still full of energy in her past life... You're the best... ㅠㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Kim Beom, sobbing as he eats the Azaleas left by his older brother, Lee Dongwook

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.15.17%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.44.04%2

1. [+460][-3] Let's resolve everything and go eat Azaleas holding hands (?) with your big brother.. 

2. [+393][-3] Yeon-ie, who remembered to take Azaleas from Baekdudaegan for Rang-ie... Rang-ie who later regrets his actions and sobs... Yeon-Rang brothers' backstory is so touching and heartbreaking ㅠㅠ

3. [+346][-2] In fantasy dramas, at least one of the siblings die... (99% chance that one of them would sacrifice themselves) I hope this doesn't apply here... I think I know but I really hope not, writer-nim? Their backstory is this emotional...

4. [+309][-2] Who made our baby fox cry ㅠㅠㅠ Bloody Imugi's servant ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+281][-3] The older brother who really brought flowers for his little brother and the little brother who cries at the sight of those flowers... A sacrifice, in this case, doesn't make sense, please let Yeon-Rang live

[Encounter Ending] Lee Dongwook X Lee Taeri X Jo Boah X Eom HyoSeop finally meet, they all want one thing = the body of a mountain spirit! 

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.16.43%2Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.18.19%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-06%2Bat%2B9.19.05%2

1. [+417][-5] Imugi-ya, stay in line please

2. [+371][-5] In reverse, if you, Imugi, disappear, everyone else can live so please get lost

3. [+274][-4] Let's give an attendance award to Yeon-ie's visual that's hard-working 365 days

4. [+239][-4] Writer-nim, I'm going to believe in a happy ending

5. [+236][-3] Jiah's father won't say things like 'Jiah-ya, why won't you come to save us' 

credit :https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/11/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-10.html

The very last comment by Knets certainly made a lot of sense- if I am in some grave danger , I will not want my kid to come save me. I won't want him to be at risk of losing his own life.  JA needs to get her wits together. I don't actually think her parents are alive anymore

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The very last comment by Knets certainly made a lot of sense- if I am in some grave danger , I will not want my kid to come save me. I won't want him to be at risk of losing his own life.  JA needs to get her wits together. I don't actually think her parents are alive anymore

I agree. Probably next episode we might see her saying things along that line. She isn’t easy to trick even by her own mother. But if the parents are no longer living, why can’t they be seen anywhere by Taluipa? 

I am going to echo the same sentiment for the casting of Imoogi. No offense to the actor, but he is just too sweet-looking, totally lacks the sinister feel of an evil snake. Unlike Namgoong Min or Shin Sung Rok, but I don’t want them typecast as villains too. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I agree. Probably next episode we might see her saying things along that line. She isn’t easy to trick even by her own mother. But if the parents are no longer living, why can’t they be seen anywhere by Taluipa? 

I am going to echo the same sentiment for the casting of Imoogi. No offense to the actor, but he is just too sweet-looking, totally lacks the sinister feel of an evil snake. Unlike Namgoong Min or Shin Sung Rok, but I don’t want them typecast as villains too. 

I've learned long ago that no body=not dead in dramaworld. Her parents are definitely somewhere, I just don't think they're exactly dead. 

I'm in the camp where I can see why they cast Lee Tae Ri as adult Imugi, he isn't sinister looking & appears innocent enough to fool people while he can show there's something he's hiding. I personally don't think this role requires him to be sinister looking at this moment, I have faith Tae Ri will deliver when the time comes. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 snakes and 4 foxes? Awww! But wait! Are the foxes lulled into a false sense of security here? 

cr. muchadoboutlove twitter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

@liddi looks like they have all finished filming. 

@stroppyse can you translate this clip if you're free. Thanks a lot .Think it is a pre-released clip for the next episode. 

How come I feel this tinge of sadness in JiAh's expressions

• Like 3

htt

ps://twitter.com/CJnDrama/status/1326113622569832448?s=20

Translation:

JA: What are you doing here?
LY: For some reason, I thought that if I were here, I might be able to see you. You didn’t answer your phone all day. Did something happen?
JA: Yes
LY: Me, too.
JA: What happened to you?
LY: Before that, TA DA! (giving her the present) Open it. (she opens it) The thing that makes you feel better, even just thinking about it.
JA: You remembered.
LY: Of course! The smell of freshly cooked rice, collection of world literature, your dad’s kimbap, new sneakers. And, me. So, it’s one plus one. (meaning that she’s getting 2 things: the sneakers and LY)
JA: They say that if you gift shoes to your girlfriend that she’ll run away.
LY: Even if you were to run away, it would be good if you wore new shoes and only ran on good roads.
LY: (standing up) Why are you smiling so sadly? Do you not like the shoes?
JA: No. I was just thinking that I didn’t know the word “shoes” was such a tender word.
LY: I like you. Even if I were to pay with my life, I won’t have any regrets.
JA: Should we walk? On a good road? Together?

Wonder why JA is so sad. It's going to be a sad episode of some kind, isn't it? Either JA is thinking of sacrificing herself for either LY or her parents, or something else has happened which involved JA perhaps thinking about ill-fates. Not sure if I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode or not now. @abs-oluteM, this drama is going to try to make me cry, isn't it?

Additional note for this line:

JA: No. I was just thinking that I didn’t know the word “shoes” was such a tender word.

The literal translation for that line is:

JA: No. I was just thinking that I didn't know the two characters that make up the word "shoes" could be so tender.

Which makes total sense in Korean since one of the words for shoes is "shin-bar", so 2 characters, but didn't work well with the flow in English. So this note is for anyone who is actually studying Korean and trying to translate along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks a lot @stroppyse.  Just hope no nobel idiocy in the form of self-sacrifice on JA's part. She needs to trust LY to come up with a plan.

Naver article on 4 key points to look forward to .

202011101534512903_d.jpg
Translated with papago from here : https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202011101534512903

The first is the ability to control the rain and wind.

Lee Yeon, the mountain god who ruled the Baekdudaegan Mountain Range, announced her strong presence from the first episode with her ability to control rain and wind. The power of separation was used to save Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah), who is on the verge of becoming a sacrifice bought from the island, and to secretly fly kites of young langs, creating warmth.

In particular, Yi-yeon was a person who controlled the rain and wind, possessed, killed, and excited people, but suffered when Yi Mu-gi, who had entered Ah-eum's body in the past, attacked her with a bow sprinkled with moonlight floral powder on the graveyard. Attention is focusing on what strategy Lee Yeon will implement to Lee Mu-ki, who knows about her weakness, the moon-beating flower powder, and whether she will be able to make the most of her mountain god's ability.

The second is whether Lee Yeon's close aides will help him or not.

Taluipa (Kim Jong-nan), a high-ranking government official and sister of King Yeomra, drew attention with his deep-seated aspect of arguing with Lee Yeon, defending the laws and principles of the underworld. Furthermore, the masked faction was left with the ability to know what happened in the distance, telling Lee that the fox bead inside had disappeared and the piece of the weapon had been awakened, and worried that Lee would let go of her life because of her love, just like her son, who could not even be reincarnated by throwing his own life away.

In order to break the contract with President Lee Mu-suh (Um Hyo-seop), the masked faction identified Lee Rang (Kim Beom), who turned Lee Yeon, at a glance, and revealed that he was on the side of Lee Yeon's side. Expectations are high on whether Lee Yeon-eun, who intends to play a final match with Lee Mu-gi even if she violates the taboo, will be able to punish him with the help of the disemboweled faction.

The third is Imugi's ability to look into the abyss.

Lee Mu-gi, who awakened again from the well of Eohwa Island with the help of Lee Rang-gwa, proved his chilling ability by penetrating the heart of the president who had protected him for a long time, and pinching the wounds of his brother Lee Yeon, who was in Lee Rang's abyss, just by looking at Lee Rang.

In addition, Lee Mu-gi, who had sided with Eo Gucksini (Shim So-young) and put Lee Rang and Nam Ji-ah in a plot to test Lee Yeon, realized that she would not be able to kill Nam in this life . In addition, Lee Mu-gi, disguised as an intern at a broadcasting station, approached Nam Ji-ah, read all the thoughts of the people of the broadcasting station, and faced Nam Ji-ah with a missing nail art mummy at her owner's house to confirm her identity.

He even suggested that Lee-yeon change her parents' lives and bodies. Attention is focusing on whether Lee Mu-gi, the master of a unique psychological warfare, will look into the charismatic Lee Yeon-yeon's psychology and turn the tables upside down.

The last is loyalty to the president, the defense shield.

Lee Mu-gi's guardian, the president, has been forced to extend his life by inhaling a snack that has been shaped like a human soul since the Joseon Dynasty, so he has a different desire to achieve it. But Eom-gum-Sinny, who was still living on fear and fear, was surprised to find out when he tried to hold the president's hand. Questions are mounting over whether the president, who has been taking care of Lee Mu-moo silently, will be able to remain loyal to Lee Mu-moo until the end and what his real intentions are.

• Haha 1

Papago Naver translations are entertaining. The article you just posted above, @abs-oluteM, is mostly right, but just a few notes.

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Baekdudaegan Mountain Range

Baekdu Daegan is the Baekdu Mountain Range which is where Mt. Baekdu is.

moonlight floral powder

This is the same as the "moon-beating flower powder" also referred to in the article, and they're referring to Evening Primroses which are supposed to have the power to keep supernatural beings at bay. 

Yi Mu-gi

Lee Mu-ki

Lee Mu-gi

Lee Mu-moo

All of these are references to the Imugi (or Imoogi, depending on where you're picking up the spelling) which is the serpent who wants to become a dragon. In Korean, while Lee is a common name, it's actually pronounced "Ee" and is usually combined with a consonant when written into English, so Yi = Lee = I  (all pronounced "ee").

The final variant is the translator sw getting a bit creative maybe? Anyway, still referring to the Imugi.

Eo Gucksini

Eom-gum-Sinny

Both of these are referring to the Green Juice Ajumma who has been named as the bogeyman-like eo-duok-shini, though the translating sw got a bit creative.

Finally, keep in mind that in Korean, pronouns are not used, which is why there is creative use of "his," "her," "he," "she," etc. in Korean translations, and I think the article is readable enough to get the gist.

I'm just excited that Lee Rang is going to be supporting his brother. And, also whether the president of JA's company who is also the imugi's guardian will stay faithful to the imugi till the end. It would be a nice twist for him to betray his charge.

Thanks for the article @abs-oluteM.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle, thanks for posting, but... but... noooooo!

The last instagram that you posted, the caption says "The tears inducing end of the contract between Lee Yeon and Ah Eum."

We already know that LY and AE ends unhappily the first time they met in the Joseon era, but I guess they're going to make us cry even more at their tragic parting.

But, what does this mean for JA who apparently has inherited some ties to the imugi?!?  Not too much longer until the next episode, but a whole day before I'll be able to watch. Can't wait!

• Like 2

At the time I check this , tvn were rather stingy with the cuts...

I am confused just seeing this . So LY brings JA to see Talupia...why? Was it to find her parents? 

Somehow this feels like JA is meeting her in-laws to be :laugh:

Spoiler

I really like this scene...the brothers as we had hoped worked together to trick that CEO to break LR's contract. The brother's swapped identity & LR (who was actually LY) pretended to bring LY to him. When CEO wanted to stab LY, LR fought him . LR was actually LY. But cannot tell if it broke the contract because at the end of the cut, the real LR still had the ring. 

This scene ...it seems as if JA got to meet her parents...but look at LY's expressions at the end ...is it really him. Or Imoogi pretending be LY? And JA's parents had this strange expression

@stroppyse trouble you to translate this...oh no is LR's life span coming to an end?

JA possessed & trying to kill herself????

• Like 1

Preview translation

LY: He must have wanted to warn me off.
LY: Hyung will definitely make you live again. (me: As LR’s older brother, LY is vowing to saving LR’s life.)
CEO: You want to go directly up against the Imugi?
LY: That cretin, I’m going to find his weakness.
Imugi: Killing the people who are important to you…
Tapupia: Greater turmoil is coming.
JA: Don’t lay a finger on them!
Imugi: Look closely. I am you.
LY: Ji Ah. Where is Ji Ah?
Imugi: The world is going get a plague. So that no one can be happy.
LY: Why is it Ji Ah?! Why?!
LY: Return everything. To their rightful places.

So, LR is either dead or at death's door. I wonder if LY defeating the Imugi will restore LR?

And, the Imugi is revealing himself to JA and playing head games with her.

Overall, it's getting more and more tense, according to this preview.

Can't wait to watch episode 11 tonight and get a better sense of where things are.

Still, so happy that LR and LY were on the same side! Go Gumiho Brothers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, the best thing about episode 11 actually is that LR and LY working together to free LR from the CEO guy as well as find JA's parents in the Chinese lantern plant. I was also happy to see that JA figured out who the Imugi was, and kept him distracted so that LY and LR could do their thing with the .

And, now the the CEO has gone running from LY and possibly betrayed the Imugi, I wonder what he'll do now.

Btw, I do find LY's quips and remarks funny. Loved his comment to the Imugi: "You don't even have a name. You're just called an imugi." Also, loved the meta when LY said to LR "Your acting is pretty good. You could even be an actor." to which LR returned "Maybe I should be an actor." LOL

LY just looks sexier all the time, and LR is developing a bit of a puppyish look to him which lends some sweetness to his cruel, harsh look at the beginning of this drama. LR is just a lost foxcub looking to be loved. Loved Blackie reincarnated as Soo Ho rapidly becoming a part of LR's entourage.

Not sure about SJ and YR, though I still have hopes for them. YR just lights up so much when LR calls her. I still don't think it's about romance as much as it's about devotion, but we'll see how it all plays.

Don't know how or why LR becomes near death as per the preview, but I demand a happy ending for both LR and LY now! Along with LY's romance with JA, of course. But also LR's coterie of strays including YR and SH. Can't they all just go to a big villa in the countryside where they can all just be happy?! In this age of COVID, JA can work remotely or travel with her team for her work, SJ can be a vet anywhere, and really, the rest of them don't work anyway as supernatural beings.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Won't get a chance to watch ep 12 till later, but I couldn't resist watching some clips. So, this clip is the conversation that LY, SJ, and YR have about what happened to put LR at death's door and how to save him. Translation of the conversation beneath the clip.

SJ: What happened?
YR: I did it. I did. With my own hands. To Mr. Lee Rang.
SJ: Why ever would you do that, YuRi-sshi?
YR: I don’t know either. Why did I do that?! I really don’t know either.
SJ: YuRi-sshi, think about it calmly.
YR: Oh, on the way here after receiving Mr. Lee Rang’s phone call, in front of the house, I brushed against some man’s shoulder. Did he say “you want to kill him” or something like that? After that, I don’t remember.
SJ: What man?
LY: Imugi. It was probably the imugi, that man you brushed by. (standing up) He mesmerized you and manipulated your thoughts. And, it wasn’t coincidence, but rather he had planned it all and deliberately found you.
SJ: Why would the imugi do that to YuRi-sshi?
LY: He probably wanted to send a warning. To me. That if I win one, then I will have to lose the other one. Since Lee Rang doesn’t trust anyone, (the imugi) used the only one (LR) lets his guard down with. And so, he (LR) fell against a young and weak fox like you.
SJ: What a cowardly jerk! I’m going to immediately go and -
LY: He’s not someone you can go up against.
YR: So, what happens now? You can save him, right?
SJ: I stopped his bleeding, but his breathing is too weak. And, I can barely feel any pulse either.
YR: So?
SJ: Because he’s deteriorated so much, all we can do is wait and keep watch over him.
YR: Please do something!
SJ: What about the Chinese lanterns? We have the Chinese lanterns! (me: note that these refer to the flowers)
LY: I’ve agreed to give them to the Samdocheon. (to Talpuia)
YR: We can just use a few of them before we turn it over!
LY: Each Chinese lantern is the life of a person! In order to save Lee Rang, you’re saying we should kill people?
YR: So what if they die. I’ll do it. I can just do it.
SJ: Mr. Lee Yeon, this is a matter of Mr. Lee Rang’s life.

Imugi: (to himself) You can’t kill people, can you? However, if you don’t go against that principle of yours, then Lee Rang won’t be able to awaken. What choice will you make this time, Lee Yeon?

YR: Where is it? Where did you put the Chinese lanterns?
LY: My house?
YR: Yeah? Let’s go.
LY: You can’t go.
YR: What?
LY: It kept bothering me. Why, other than Ji Ah’s parents, are the people not returning? As if it wants us to use the Chinese lanterns.
SJ: You’re not thinking that it’s a test for you, Mr. Lee Yeon?
LY: If I go against my principle and kill a person, then I’ll be dragged to hell. If it’s quick, then in a few days. If it takes longer, then in a few weeks. Then there will be nothing left in his way. What that jerk wants is my absence.
LY: We won’t use the Chinese lanterns. We’re going to catch the imugi first. And, my brother, I’m going to save him my way.
YR: Give them here! Give those Chinese lanterns to me!
SJ: YuRi-sshi, no, no!

And a translation of the preview for ep 13.

JA: I might not have that much time remaining to me.
YR: Take my life and save Mr. Lee Rang.
LY: I’m going to totally finish off this tedious fight.
SJ: With this knife, you’re only going to end the imugi’s life, aren’t you?
LY: When this fight is over, you have to live.
SJ: You can’t!
LR: Get out of the way!
LR: I’ve only just gotten on the register. (me: referring to the national registry of families, LR is saying that he feels that he’s only recently truly felt a brother to LY)
LY: No one will take Ji Ah.
Taluipa: Go ahead.  (me: from this line, I think that LY is challenging her for JA's life)

So tense! So, LR is going to wake up next episode. Yay! But, the fight over JA's fate is going to heat up where LY may have to go against Taluipa as well as capture the imugi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm finally caught up and wow...I missed a lot!

Kim Bum is amazing! I forget how much I miss watching him. Lee Rang is such a tragic character and my heart goes out to him every episode. I love that the little boy playing his puppy continuously have a wet nose like a dog. Haha! I'm happy to see that he wakes up in the next episode. I missed him a bit in today's episode.

I understand that Ji Ah's missing parents played a huge part in the story but I didn't really care for it as much. Maybe later in the drama it'll make more sense to me, but for now, I think the drama could have done without it. 

I can't remember who said it in the drama, but the idea of there being two imugis was something I didn't think about before. The possibility of that is actually quite likely considering that we have two characters with scales on their body. With the imugi taking control of Ji Ah's body at the end of today's episode, I'm interested to see how Lee Yeon's and Ji Ah's fate will differ from their past. 

Edit: Because I love Kim Bum's facial expressions so much in every episode, I combined four of them from episode 11 below...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
7 minutes ago, kimberlyamor said:

No episodes next week :lettalKWA:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1437606wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-will-not-air-next-week-to-ensure-better-production

I don't know what's the meaning of better production. Editing????

Maybe work for the CGI ? As far as I know ,  the filming is done . 
The bright side is that this gives me time to catch up on this week’s episodes! :shocked:

this twitter handle translated bits of the promo for the spin off 

• Like 5

At last the drama manages to pull the rug from under my feet with the cliffhanger revelation, which was already being hinted at during Ji A's colleagues' research into the lore of the Imoogi (and I should have guessed when Jo Bo A mentioned it in the photo with the cast together). Well done, script! It had felt a little premature that Yeon and crew would be able to trap Imoogi so easily with 4 more episodes to go, but I didn't expect it to go down this route. My question is how the Imoogi within Ji A had managed to remain dormant, if indeed it can only be asleep and not be killed, especially since she was only reincarnated now after 600 years. Terry (I'm glad for this name for once!) once told the human servant that Ji A is his bride. However, seeing the Imoogi that wreaked havoc in the past was dormant within Ji A all along, how does that work? Was Terry lying to his servant, or is the Imoogi within Ji A female? Come to think of it, Taluipa's son killed himself after she killed his possessed wife. Could those two have transformed into Imoogi, biding their time to return into the world once more? Am I overthinking it? Gah!

Taluipa is definitely keeping her cards close to her chest with perhaps good reason, but her frustrating refusal to tell Yeon anything has brought about this latest disaster, one she might have been able to avert had she been more upfront. I can't wait to see how the confrontation between her and Yeon plays out. The preview seems to hint that she modified the list of the dead. Did she add Ji A to the list before her time to curb the Imoogi with her? Why are there no episodes next week? 

Love the flashbacks of Rang and Yu Ri during the early days of their encounter, which juxtaposes poetically against the moment she attacks him using the very same moves that he taught her. While I love the special bond between them, the moment Yu Ri gets into the car with her bloodied hands is a stark reminder of their vicious, brutal pasts, too easily forgotten because the script does so well in making us care and empathise with them. That being said, I still hope Rang survives, though unless the preview is misleading, Yu Ri will not, and her essence will tragically be what finally saves Rang from death. 

We still do not know what devious subliminal suggestions Terry has planted into Shin Ju and the Snail Bride. Can I say though that Shin Ju gives Superman a run for his money, being able to arrive right at the top of the building within split seconds of spotting them all the way below. And before I forget, the little boy appears to have great perception of the true identities of Yeon and Rang. Is he really just the reincarnation of Rang's puppy, or is he someone far more? 

I cannot help but feel that Ji A's family reunion is anti-climatic. After waiting so long for it to happen, it just feels flat despite all the cute lines and meeting with the potential son-in-law. Are they real? Or are they yet another trojan horse planted to bring Ji A one step closer? We'll see, hopefully week after next?

Edited by liddi
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1