Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

Translation of the spinoff ep 2 preview

LR: The way you are now, will you be able to live pretending to be a human?
YR: Why are you ripping flesh to save me and trying to make me over into a human?
LR: Because I had been abandoned as well. Just like you.
YR: Oh!
SJ: Mr. Lee Yeon! I can’t hear you very well - !  
Man: My name is Lee Chul San.
LR: Hey, your tail!
LR: Shall I grant you your wish? I think it will be a bigger ruckus.
Boys: Car! Car! We’re sorry! We were wrong!
LR: Those things!

Having these spinoff episodes be so short forces it to be much more economical with the story and the production. It's an interesting side project to the main drama rather than the true spin off that I was expecting. It's definitely meant more for online viewing rather than broadcast.

However, it stokes more interest in LR and gives him more time to be the center of the story line. I'm actually loving Kim Bum as Lee Rang, so I'm eagerly anticipating the next spinoff episode. Plus, we'll get to see more of YR and SJ! Though not sure about this new character that they're introducing. Given the format though, since we are familiar with some of the characters, having a new character pop up for each episode doesn't feel as jarring.

Anyway, looking forward to this week's broadcast episodes as well! It's felt like a long break, but hoping it's totally worth it.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Thanks for the translation, @stroppyse

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm actually loving Kim Bum as Lee Rang, so I'm eagerly anticipating the next spinoff episode.

Kim Bum mentioned in an interview recently that he wanted Lee Rang to be a villain you cannot hate. I think he did a wonderful job conveying that because that's exactly how I feel about Lee Rang.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Kim Bum mentioned in an interview recently that he wanted Lee Rang to be a villain you cannot hate. I think he did a wonderful job conveying that because that's exactly how I feel about Lee Rang.

It's rare that I actually like a villain in a drama. The last time may have been Park Bo Gum in "Hello Monster". But, I can't help but like Lee Rang and want some happy ending for him, even if he has to do penance first!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's rare that I actually like a villain in a drama. The last time may have been Park Bo Gum in "Hello Monster". But, I can't help but like Lee Rang and want some happy ending for him, even if he has to do penance first!

Sameeee here!! I love his Min character in there too! As how I like LR here! He is villain but he isn't annoying. I mean I can't hate him that much!

Sadly to admit, I even like the imoogi. What's wrong with me?! Lols. 

So no new episode from this week? Last time i check ep 13 isn't aired on Wednesday. Well have to check again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So no new episode from this week? Last time i check ep 13 isn't aired on Wednesday. Well have to check again. 

Next new episode will be this Wednesday. They took a break because they needed more time to "improve production", whatever that means.

I just want to see Lee Rang wake up and fight the Imoogi alongside Lee Yeon! Plus, I'm curious if YR really does give up her life for LR or not. I hope not since her romance with SJ is really still just getting started.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Actually seeing that first spin-off episode 1 did remind me of Lee Min in I Remember You. Both thought Hyung "abandoned" them and both are obsessed with their Hyung. LOL. I couldn't hate Lee Min too. :idk: How to hate that angelic devil? :pandaevil::pandaangel:

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

They took a break because they needed more time to "improve production", whatever that means.

Maybe they meant the special effects. I would kill to see more amber eyes & nine tails Gumiho to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Next new episode will be this Wednesday. They took a break because they needed more time to "improve production", whatever that means.

I just want to see Lee Rang wake up and fight the Imoogi alongside Lee Yeon! Plus, I'm curious if YR really does give up her life for LR or not. I hope not since her romance with SJ is really still just getting started.

Thanks @stroppyse for the info. Gotta wait much longer. Aigoo.. 

If I am not misread the subtitles. So there are two imoogi here. The one that in Terry's body and one who took over JA's body. I love the moments Lee brothers tricked the tail CEO to free LR from him. That was a nice idea. I love how LY scolds him for not to hang around with inoogi or when he warns the CEO to stop bullying his brother. So I hope LR will be fine and help LY to fight these enemies and put an end to their tragic fate. 

I am not worried about YR. And I wonder what is the deal he make with the Hades lady. 

You all mentioned about spin-off episode one?? Is it really that different from the actual episodes we had watched before? Or is it just kind of episodes summary like that. Sorry to ask cuz I am not watching it yet. 

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

If I am not misread the subtitles. So there are two imoogi here. The one that in Terry's body and one who took over JA's body.

Yes, the twist is that there are 2 imoogis.

18 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I love the moments Lee brothers tricked the tail CEO to free LR from him. That was a nice idea. I love how LY scolds him for not to hang around with inoogi or when he warns the CEO to stop bullying his brother. So I hope LR will be fine and help LY to fight these enemies and put an end to their tragic fate. 

I'm totally loving the brother moments! Especially when LY is being older brother and LR is being his kid younger brother. Soooo good! And, love that they ganged up together!

19 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

You all mentioned about spin-off episode one?? Is it really that different from the actual episodes we had watched before? Or is it just kind of episodes summary like that. Sorry to ask cuz I am not watching it yet. 

They're just short episodes that tell more from Lee Rang's point of view. @Tofu posted snippets published via twitter a page back and I wrote up translations for them. And, she also posted a YT version with partial subs. It's only about 8 minutes long in total, so it's a fast watch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Translation of the preview

LY: Just give me 4 days.
LY: I can catch him! That imugi, I’m telling you that I can capture him!
Taluipa: It’s too late.
LY: You’re going to regret this.
JA: If only it wasn’t for me, Lee Yeon would still have a happy life being a mountain god, wouldn’t he?
LR: Lee Yeon isn’t going to forgive me.
SJ: I think that for the first time, I may regret having liked you, Yu Ri-sshi.
Imugi: I can destroy everything you hold dear.
LY: Let’s take her on together, the owner of Samdocheon.
Imugi: What’s your condition?
LY: Let Ji Ah go.

I wonder if LY is really siding with the Imugi and taking on Talupia, or if this is one of his convoluted plans to make things right? The one thing I know for sure, LY really is willing to do anything and everything to save JA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Wow! Episode 13 had a lot going on. So, the obvious first. LDW knows how to deliver on kiss scenes and JBA is also not shy about delivering passion. That was smoking!

Otherwise, the episode felt very tense. It seems as if Terry the Imugi may be at odds with the imugi inside JA's body, and it's JA's imugi who is the main part of the imugi while Terry the imugi is a piece that splintered off JA's, but Terry the imugi isn't pleased with that.

I like the 3 foxed and the 3 humans ganging up to try to save JA and the world. And, LY's trickery of JA's imugi was nice, if a bit predictable. I'm a bit concerned about LR. Since it was Terry the imugi who ultimately gave him his "life" back by giving him a human soul to consume, and then Terry's edict that LR would fight on his side. Does this meant that LR may turn on LY again, whether consciously or subconsciously? YR is also concerning since she literally sold herself to Terry to try to bring LR back to consciousness. I wonder if YR understood that she was potentially placing LR under Terry's power?

Other surprises, the fortuneteller who took LY's fox bead is actually a god of some kind. And, Taluipa messes with the span of people lives in order to avert what she sees as disasters. I was totally with her husband in walking out on her.

Wondering what they tinkered with to take a week off. Has this drama finished shooting? Based on what I just saw, it occurs to me to wonder whether they tinkered with the plot rather than the production.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Wondering what they tinkered with to take a week off. Has this drama finished shooting? Based on what I just saw, it occurs to me to wonder whether they tinkered with the plot rather than the production.

Yes, I believed they have finished filming already. Kim Bum started filming for his new drama and Lee Dong Wook had a script reading for a new movie not too long ago too. They reasoned that they needed time to work on the CGI or something like that. 

I haven't watched episode 13 yet so I'll be back to add my thoughts when I'm done. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, the obvious first. LDW knows how to deliver on kiss scenes and JBA is also not shy about delivering passion. That was smoking!

Most definitely! I just completed the episode....dang if this was rom-com , there'll be just endless posts from me spazzing over how hot that was. 

So much  happened in eps 13 - LR brought back from the brink of death. YR breaking up with our Vet Fox (Poor guy was so devastated. I like them together - very cute) , only to now have to serve Tae Ri . Then discovering that it wasn't exactly 2 different Imoogis but rather one Imoogi separated into two different hosts. I was surprised by the sudden introduction of the soul slaying sword so late in the game. Fortunately it was just a trick on LY's part to get the Imoogi inside JA's body to reveal a bit more of how it possesses a human body. Not that I don't want JA to be saved but it will be poor writing & plotting if new rules are conveniently introduced to solve all problems. 

What does worry me is that it seems like a zero sum game . Someone has to die in order for someone else to live. JA's fate seems irreversible.  The ultimate host that the Imoogi wants to possess has always been LY , and LY's weakness so to speak has always been JA. LY's one goal in is that JA lives a happy long life, and despite the promise at the beach to live or die together, it was clear that he was going to sacrifice himself . Unfortunately, as long as JA is alive , more lives will be lost . So Talupia seeing the bigger picture has no choice but to end JA's life. And yes I think LR would intervene somehow to stop his brother from sacrificing himself.  Honestly, how does the writer plan to bring a satisfying end for LY and JA?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Honestly, the story is getting a bit flat, well quite boring. And I dunno why I keep watching it tho. Well probably because oppa is too handsome so I keep wanting to see him. Lols. If it were me in the past I would quit the drama this instant. These days, I just need something to watch and this one has a great premise at the beginning. But as it moves forward it becomes boring somehow. 

So something that really got me hooked turned to be the join force between LY and LR. 

Plus the hades lady has set the death note for JA. Aigoo... can she deal the imoogi herself so no more innocent life is being sacrificed here. 

I like how LY always turns up the bad situation and handled pretty well. He is smart and i like how the writer doesn't change him to be stupid. How he gonna save everyone here? He's busy saving the lives of people while the hades lady is just typing and clicking on her desktop computer to set people death note. Hope he can make it this time. 

• Like 2

Translation of the ep 15 preview

LY: If I don’t stop it, this time as well, she’ll try to save me rather than herself.
SJ: Don’t do it.
LY: You have to be understanding of me.
JA: I’m going to wait for you. Just as you waited for me.
Imugi: This is hell. This place that I’ve stepped into.
LR: Do you even understand what that means?
JA: If I fail, then you kill him.
LR: If anything happens to Lee Yeon…
Taluipa: How dare you…!
LY: This was the plan from the beginning.
LR: No. I can’t do it.
JA: No!

Wow, the plotting and counter-plotting in this drama during this the final run. It's actually keeping me engrossed in trying to figure out what everyone's supposed versus real intents are. Not to mention JA the human versus JA the imugi having it out with each other.

So, LY has decided on a course of action that will have the imugi in JA's body hop into his own body, and then he plans on killing off both himself and the Terry imugi.

However, both JA and LR are focused on saving LY. Plus, from the preview, it seems as if LY and JA are also plotting something. And, that isn't including Taluipa and Hyun Eui Ong. I have to wonder about HEO's words to the Snail Bride, however, when he was musing that it was a convergence of events that couldn't all be coincidental. I assume that there will be a supernatural resolution somehow.

And, then perhaps LY and JA can have one lifetime together as mortals. Along with Lee Rang as well who has only the life of a single mortal left to him. Looking forward to finale week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1

It seems like episode 13 was more focused on giving us some last minute sweet moments before chaos ensue. I liked that we see a bit of progression in episode 14. 

I didn't even imagined the possibility of Lee Yeon and Imugi joining hand as a form of manipulation to beat their odds. Lee Yeon really is willing to risk everything for Ji Ah and I fear that Lee Rang will do the same for Lee Yeon too. 

I thought it was cute that the team leader turned out to be the restaurant owner's husband from her past life. It's unfortunate that their faith seem to be same in this life too. I also felt bad for Shin Joo when he found out that Yu Ri manipulated him so Imugi could go to Ji Ah's house to do harm to her parents. I guess it seems like everyone is willing to do anything to protect the ones they love. 

Some photos of Lee Yeon and Ji Ah. :duckhearts:

BEPPQoH.png

Spoiler

gfMyBXV.png

GrXncDq.png

WVx9uAR.png

jf22GE6.png

wXuMcV5.png

Spoiler

ifwmrs4.png

7r289ZJ.png

Xh1fhAH.png

YQFgGgJ.png

KVhc86L.png

tIduzFf.png

3HCt0cy.png

ZyywI2m.png

pwMiDAw.png

Lpd0xcx.png

xaAN7aU.png

kTv3Yox.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, Tofu said:

The video quality isn't the greatest, but it allows you to watch episode 2 of the spinoff series. =) It even has an appearance from a character in Start Up too. :laugh:

Thanks for posting episode 2. It was sweet. I keep falling more and more for LR, and I'm going to be upset if he sacrifices his life for LY as much as he loves his older brother.

Btw, not sure about a character from Start Up, but the inventor of the robot was one of the Ducklings from CLOY.

So, this episode was LR and YR, and I guess the next episode will be LR and Blackie/SooHo. Looking forward to it!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I hope this is not a zero sum game where LY has to sacrifice himself for JA to live. 

New stills and article from:  https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202012021053110517

202012021053110517_d.jpg\

This is autotranslated ...lol...but the jisc is there. Things to look out for in the last 2 episodes:

The first is the situation after the gunfire at Jo Boa.

In the ending of the 14th episode, Nam Jia (Jo Boa) was shocked by the appearance of being threatened with a gun by the former boss of Lee Moo-gi (Italy) (Eom Hyo-seop). While Jia Nam and the boss were on the lookout for each other, the trigger was pulled in the end and only a gunfire rang, and episode 14 ended, raising tensions.

The boss, who had taught Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook) how to put the Imoogi to sleep in order to have a quarrel, confessed his sins, caught in the hint of an angry Lee Moo-gi, was trapped in the police station, and was in danger of dying from the plague. The boss, who said he would do anything if he could avoid death, held hands with Lee Rang (Kim Beom) who released him, then went to Nam Jia with a gun and pulled the trigger to kill Nam Jia, saying that he would end everything with his own hand.

The curiosity is amplifying what happened to Nam Gia after the gunshot, and what would be the real inside of Rang, who instructed the boss to kill Nam Gia.

The second is the alliance between Lee Yeon and Lee Moo-gi.

Imoogi, angered by Lee Yeon's loss of her scales, made a plague around the world, and numerous innocent people were sacrificed. The masking group (Kim Jeong-nan), who had not been able to watch this, changed the list of Nam Jia, and Lee Yeon went to the masking group to transfer the Imoogi from Namjia to himself, and declared that he would jump into the Samdocheon with half of the Imoogi, and on the condition of his own life, a two-day grace period. Received.

However, Lee Yeon informed Lee Moo-gi that Nam-Jia's list had been revised, as Lee Mu-gi was also in a situation where he had to prevent Nam-Jia's death. .

Lee Yeon and Lee Moo-gi, who accepted the proposal after a long period of thought, shook hands with each other. It is paying attention to the direction in which the alliance between Lee Yeon and Lee Mugi, who have joined hands for different purposes, will flow.

The third is whether or not they were attacked by a changer.

With Lee Yeon and Imoogi allied and provocating to attack the Masking Wave, doubts are pouring out whether they can really attack the Masking Wave, the'god of the gods' and the owner of Samdocheon. As shown in the meeting with Lee Yeon so far, it is expected that there will not be an easy changer equipped with superpowers and powers comparable to the mountain gods of Baekdu-daegan, as well as Cheonrian looking around the world.

The attention is focused on whether Lee Yeon and Imoogi can find a hidden card that can fight the masking wave that cannot be overcome by any means, and whether there is another secret behind the proposed attack of the dressing group.

The last is about déjà vu.

The relationship between Lee Yeon and Nam Jia, and the phenomenon of'past déjà vu', which has been reincarnated from 600 years ago, is also a point of the last minute viewers must watch. The moment she first met Aeum 600 years ago, Lee Yeon, who showed her presence with the'red umbrella', left a strong first impression with that'red umbrella' even when she first met Nam Jia.

In addition, when the'fox beads', a token of Aum's reincarnation, disappeared, the Imoogi in Nam Jia awakened like a bridle of fate, just like 600 years ago, and attacked Lee Yeon. The endings of Lee Yeon and Nam Jia are also attracting attention as to whether they will have a sad ending like the past déjà vu.

The production crew said, “Amid the plague caused by Imoogi in the last broadcast, the deaths appeared one after another, and a sad narrative was added, and the figure of Lee Yeon, a Gumiho who fell in the middle of a slope, was included.” and “The 2020 edition of'Gumihodian' The ending was interesting to see how it would have changed from the traditional fairy tales we knew.”

Pre-released clip. @stroppyse if by any chance you can translate , will be great. Thanks 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring