Tale of the Nine Tailed 구미호뎐 [S1-2020][S2-2023]

@abs-oluteM, this is just a quick summary of the conversation that Ah Eum has with the king who has been inhabited by the imugi in the first video that you had posted earlier of ep 8. Didn't have time to do a line by line translation, but I figure you'll get the gist anyway.

AE says that she thought the world had gone crazy, but it was really the king who had gone crazy. since the king was inhabited by an evil imposter. The king responds he should have killed her. AE declares that the king is an imugi. The imugi says that AE is the only one to truly recognize him. AE tells the imugi to leave the king’s body and shoots an arrow at him. The king/imugi says to go ahead and shoot the body which is going to die anyway, having a father killed by her daughter isn’t a bad thing either.

Imugi goes on to ask AE whether she knows why she was sent out of the palace. AE responds that it’s because the imugi took over her father’s body and mind. The imugi says that it was her father’s decision to remove AE from the palace. AE was originally meant to be the sacrifice for AE, and it was in trying to save her that her father had sent her away and offered his own body instead.

The imugi tells AE that if she brings a replacement to him, and that her father’s body won’t be able to live 4 days. AE agrees to give him LY, but that since LY isn’t able to leave the forest, that the imugi has to leave the king’s body in order to go to LY. She tells the imugi that she will give him her body to transport him, thinking to herself that she has to at least get the imugi out of the palace, and then trust in LY for the rest.

The scene then switches to the imugi talking to Lee Rang.

So, I think AE was trusting LY to kill the imugi however he can, including probably killing herself for him to do so. JA when she looked through the glasses before probably didn't realize that LY had killed AE at her bequest in order to kill the imugi rather than because he wanted to kill her. Ugh, so sad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Episode 7-8 really kicked up the story a lot of notches. I love it. 

Only one point that I didn’t like is that, didn’t JA see for herself that AR is the one who offered her body for Imoogi to use, why is she upset with LY for killing her, when she is ready to kill her possessed father in the first place... That part lost me. I almost wanted to stop watching altogether. Good thing is the rest of ep.8 made up for it. I shall see if it is explained later or not. 

I grimaced a lot when LR was beating up Shin Vet. This guy always put me in a love-hate situation for him. Good thing also he redeemed himself when he was interacting with the little kid, and of course knowing more of his backstory. So he is half-blood...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am glad that LY comes to save LR first than JA. It's not about who cares the most for who. I guess the illusion that created by the peddler lady intentionally to test each other trust. I was wondering who is she? Did we have her story before?

The evil spirit looks like hungry zombies, LOL. Reminds me of Alive. Hahaha. I expect LR to beat them by himself without LR comes to save him. I guess deep down his heart he just wants his hyung back. His memories of being abandon by his mom must traumatized him a lot. Poor kid, hope this time he makes a good decision.

That imoogi played by LTR. Aigoo ya.. last time it was a bit dim light playing the skeleton lady so I cant see him well. It's new to have him as evil character now.

The history slowly repeats itself for sure. But the end could be any different? They have chances I guess. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Only one point that I didn’t like is that, didn’t JA see for herself that AR is the one who offered her body for Imoogi to use, why is she upset with LY for killing her, when she is ready to kill her possessed father in the first place... That part lost me. I almost wanted to stop watching altogether. Good thing is the rest of ep.8 made up for it. I shall see if it is explained later or not. 

Well, from what JA saw, AE had trusted LY to take care of the imugi, but not that AE should be sacrificed as soon as LY saw her with the imugi possessing her. JA still doesn't know exactly what happened, and neither do we. We only assume based on what we've seen so far that JA and LY must have planned something.  Also, when Hyun Ui Gong asks LY if he's going to use the same method as the last time, saying that it will mean that either lY or JA would have to die, I assumed that meant that LY and AE had had a plan together, but it ended with AE's death.

Also, LY doesn't tell JA any differently about her assumptions. He responded to her accusations of killing her previous life by confirming it. He's doing that so that JA won't be tied to him again since he's aware that if they repeat as previously, then she might die again. I think LY has decided that if one of the two of them had to die, then it will be him.

Regarding choosing between LR and JA, I wonder if LY made a strategic choice. He already knows that JA is important to the imugi, so may be banking on JA not being harmed in her greatest fear, while the imugi has no compunctions about getting rid of personages in general, so that LR was the one who was seriously in danger.

I really hope that this will be the start of LR and LY reconciling. I know that LR can be an absolute, asinine jerk, but he did save the puppy, and he saved YR, and he's touched by the little kid who is his reincarnated puppy.

Btw @ktcjdrama, I also agree with you that episodes 7 and 8 have ramped everything up. It feels as if the story is picking up steam and gaining in intensity, even though new characters are still being brought into the story. Also, the starving ghosts who looked so much like zombies scene was actually scary, but also allowed for some nice action scenes.

So eager for the next episode. This is hard waiting when watching during broadcast.

Still scared that LR is going to die by the end of this drama, giving his life up for his beloved hyung. Before he does, I want LR and LY to be reconciled, and for LR to know that LY really does love him. And, then I want LR re-incarnated. Maybe as MiMi - or at least as adored as MiMi is!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• I'm wondering why that little kid (reincarnated puppy) is always on his own, wandering around. Based on the recent episode, it appears that he maybe a victim of domestic violence. But still, how is it that he's wandering around in the middle of the street and no one seem to care.

• This episode turned quickly into horror, even I was a bit spooked. Ha-ha-ha (laughing awkwardly). This scene was well done I must say, but also a little annoyed that it didn't reveal more and suddenly Ji Ah is sucked into some weird spell by this weird woman who seems to wreak havoc — why hasn't she been taken care of by the Deities?

• Zombies - all I can say is "again". :PikachuFacePalm: I much prefer some other legendary/mythical creatures. Don't mind me, it's just a lot of zombie dramas/movies recently.

• I like Lee Rang's backstory more and more. Though I also would like some for Lee Yeon. And I'm not impressed the fox bead (and its usage/power) is glossed over again...

• Like 4

Knetz approve.

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-tale-of-nine-tailed-episode-8.html

[Naver TV] 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' Episode 8 Comments and Reactions

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B10.06.27%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B10.00.02%

1. [+235][-6] Are their acting skills insane? 

2. [+175][-4] Lee Dongwook and Jo Boah are both incredible at acting 

3. [+159][-4] Wow ㅜㅜㅜ Lee Dongwook's gaze-acting 

4. [+136][-4] The rice is ready ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Lee Yeon pressed the 'cook' button before he left so that she can enjoy the smell of freshly-cooked rice ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+133][-4] Please don't act cold on purpose to save Jiah ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I hope Yeon-Jiah won't be distanced from each other ㅠㅠ

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B10.10.33%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B9.53.01%2

1. [+444][-3] No but the Python's attempt to create fear is insane.. Anyways, don't you think the actress playing young Jiah is really good at acting? 

2. [+354][-3] I seriously had goosebumps here.... I didn't think she'd read that... 

3. [+344][-4] I can't watch this drama at peace because of these scary scenes in between, ugh 

4. [+295][-3] I really thought I was watching a horror film from this scene 

5. [+267][-3] It was so scary when she read the notice behind her, seriously

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B10.11.51%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-30%2Bat%2B9.58.24%2

1. [+823][-7] Green-juice lady... I can't wait for Lee Yeon to repay his debt to you ㅠㅠ Ha *cry* 

2. [+727][-8] I know if he went to Jiah instead, regardless of the storyline, I don't think Lee Yeon would've ever recovered his relationship with the baby fox,,, ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+662][-7] He appeared just as Rang-ie was about to give up ㅠㅠㅠ Rang-ie is also Yeon-ie's weakness ㅠ The baby fox hasn't been abandoned

4. [+531][-8] Today's stuffiest villain: green-juice lady

5. [+474][-6] Please tell me that they're both going to go and save Jiah, right? Writer-nim, please give us a refreshing plot next week, please!! 
  • Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

B7-F52-ED6-ABE8-41-A6-B52-E-96-ACB0-B872

EFF47-C1-E-97-A9-436-F-82-DF-062-AA5-D10

Wookie is just sizzling.....😱😱😱

F67-ADAF9-7-E9-D-4263-9-ACB-35-C2-DAB41-

8-C2921-BD-2577-4-DC1-ABF6-115748-B732-F

Even when wounded....😱😱😱

B832-BE28-C408-4-DE6-8-CBB-A169841-CF492

Always love Wookie’s amber eyes....😱😱😱

Spoiler

705250-A7-C3-B2-42-C3-A106-D4-A58-A25515

Yeon being creepily cute.....😂😂😂

Swooning aside, LR really crossed the line with his meddling of Imoogi. He is blinded by his tantrum to see the extent of what will happens if Imoogi is back. At least Yeon finally decided that bro before ho and I hope LR can see that his tantrum is useless because he never lost the loves.

For me the scariest part of this week episodes is when Little JA "jumped out" from screen.....OMG!!! My heart was on my throat....Zombie never scares me.....:Ghastlel:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

@OsmanthusTea Wookie looks fab...I think he looks even better here than in Touch Your Heart or Goblin...maybe the red hair works :wow:

F2H7ckx.png

Lol! I agree that zombies have been overused @mademoiselle. At least like what @OsmanthusTea said, the lil JiAh talking out of the screen did heighten the spook level :680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

I agree with @stroppyse @ktcjdrama that this week's episodes were good. In particular eps 8 was rather heartbreaking that I teared up in a couple of scenes. It was hard for JA of course to realise it was LeeYeon who killed her in the past. But I hope she realises when Ah Eum asked the Imoogi to let her father go & possess her instead , she had already put LY on the spot. LY killing her then may have been the only way to save her soul.  I was also heartbroken for LR in this episode especially seeing that his mum had wanted to get rid of him even from birth. So I too was happy @Alice Wonderland that LY chose to save LR first. For LR , LY was everything to him. Like k netz said , if he had gone to JiAh 1st , the baby fox (LR) would never forgive him even if he survived the zombie fest. 

So why did LY choose not to go to JA? Was it because JA would not have died anyway? Do you all remember that in that 1st eps , after the accident there were these two people walking around the car? Who do you think they were?

@Merry_Shai @liddi @kimberlyamor @movingwheel have you guys caught this week's episodes? Any thoughts?

I love the past scenes...well done CGI . Lol!

Ce8QYuG.png

ezfIZGO.png

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

16 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

bro before ho

My apologies, but I've always disliked this phrase.

However, I agree with you that I hope LR understands that his tantrum and rebellion against LY was misplaced and that LY has loved him in the past and still loves him now.

I was also glad to see that LY showed LR that he had been indulging him by losing to him rather than that LR had dominated his older brother. LR is sometimes full of misplaced overconfidence, e.g. in dealing with this imugi, I don't think he's really thought through the consequences, to the world or to himself.

16 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

For me the scariest part of this week episodes is when Little JA "jumped out" from screen.....OMG!!! My heart was on my throat....Zombie never scares me...

That was really spooky! I think I might have jump screamed a little myself when little JA started reading the sign in the control booth where adult JA is sitting. Clearly, the spirit that had possessed JA was capable of far-seeing powers. It also introduced the question of whether this spirit is quietly sitting within adult JA now, waiting to take over when the time is right. That made it double spooky and horrifying for me, and probably for adult JA as well.

Though, zombies still scare me.

• Haha 3

I am wondering why JA's mum got her to do a hypnosis in the 1st place.  Was JA displaying some weird tendencies as a child? Why was she even seeing a psychologist/ psychiatrist?  Oh is it perhaps she kept getting these dreams. And that little JiAh talked about the cave where she was born where the living and the dead mingled...that was the cave the mum & dad visited on that island right?

BTS by Wookie & Kim Bum's agency... both so good looking

• Heart Eyes 2

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

My apologies, but I've always disliked this phrase.

No worry, this statement sprang from my dislike of some people (male and female) who is blinded by love and sacrificed everything for love (Slave of Love). I am not THAT romantic.....:cool:

This drama seems to be a gathering of Korean's Folklore Creatures. I am curious of who is the lady owner of "Snail Bride", a kind of deity of cuisine or Kitchen God??? Also the green juice lady who seems to focus on fears....Also people surrounding JA are the same people from her past, wondering who was her Supervisor in the past, the green juice lady stopped short when she recognised him. 

@mademoiselle

So LR is The Half Blood Prince??? :Ghastlel: I just can't help it....:HaunterOK:

@abs-oluteM

One of Wookie best looks pre Goblin is Hotel King. He was super handsome and not as pale as now.

8afb87519f00130ff6d135ea2174b26b.png

Post Goblin of course is Gumiho, I would say the swoony point is from the ginger hair and the costume plus his devil may cares attitudes.....:wow:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Finally caught up with last week's episodes (thanks for the shoutout @abs-oluteM).

More and more of the past is being revealed, most of which makes me ache so much while confused at others. Hands down, the fractured relationship between Rang and Yeon in the backstory and the current timeline is the one I root for most, more than the romance. Rang finding the reincarnation of his puppy again in the precocious little boy was such a boon, his gruff exterior being slowly chipped away by the chirpy boy, appalled that emotions he disdained and thought were dead in him are still very much alive. Seeing Rang's tortured childhood whose own mother tried to kill him even in the womb and hoped that the villagers would do what she could not is heartbreaking, which makes his time with Yeon on the mountains so much more precious and poignant. There is no doubt he still loves his older brother desperately despite his bitterness towards what he deems as abandonment and betrayal, and I hurt with him so much when Yeon told him brutally that he should not have saved him in the Forest of the Starved to begin with. Despite all the evil that Rang has done, I cannot bring myself to hate him, rather I keep hoping upon hope that the two brothers will be reconciled, though I don't think Rang would be able to absolve himself from the consequences of all that he has set in motion. Hence, that last scene when he was sure Yeon would not come for him, only to see him charging to his rescue was so cathartic, and I begin to see hope that that reconciliation will happen, perhaps sooner than I expected. I do not know yet why Yeon chose to save Rang over Ji A. It is a gamble he took which makes me wonder if he believes Imoogi would not truly allow Ji A to come to harm, especially if a part of him is still in her even now. Does he know that the Imoogi considers her his bride? What does that truly mean? Questions questions.

Based on what little has been seen, the mark of the Imoogi on A Eum and consequently Ji A is explained, an act of love to save her possessed royal father who had given his own body to save her from her fate as a sacrifice to the Imoogi years prior. We know that she made a deal with the Imoogi, allowing him to possess her so that she could lure him away from the palace to the mountains where she hoped Yeon would be able to destroy it, though that plan somehow backfired and she ended up dying after all. Her childhood hypnosis session reinforces the theory that Imoogi has been lying dormant within her all this time, suppressed by the protection of the fox bead. Still, I presume she must have displayed unusual behaviour, for her mother to have resorted to hypnosis to try and identify her past life. I too wonder why her parents visited the island while she was still in the womb. She was not yet born, so that could not have been any sign of a past life in the child yet, hence why did they go there? Did Imoogi also send dreams to her mother? Yet I thought he had not been able to detect her all this while due to the fox bead? Then again, his human servant had already approached the Moon Bear just prior to her parents' car crash, which means they already know where she was. Unless the fox bead merely stopped Imoogi from totally possessing her. Which brings me to another question. If A Eum was meant to be sacrificed to Imoogi originally, why did he not stop with the possession, but instead still used her to find Yeon, and in doing so, destroyed the bride that he had waited to claim? 

I like how we are introduced to more and more of Korean folklore. The confrontation between Snail Bride proprietress and the woman who peddled one's greatest fears seem to indicate that the death of her husband as per the folklore, is being attributed to this woman's machinations. Wonder if Team Leader Choi would end up being the reincarnation of the snail bride's husband after all? Would that be too convenient? We also learn that Taluipa's son committed suicide years ago, a point which does not seem to be just randomly introduced. Was his death caused by Imoogi as well, or is it just to drive home the fact that those who commit suicide have no hope of reincarnation? In which case, is that an ominous portent for Yeon or Ji A? We know that Yeon hopes to be reborn as a human in his next life, which makes me think that perhaps this is a foreshadowing of his unfulfilled dream. 

Am rather disappointed in the reveal of the adult Imoogi after his transformation. Perhaps it is all the hype of this ancient evil leading up to that moment, but his presence fails to evoke the necessary menace and dread that I have come to expect. Still, it is a mere few scenes so far, so hopefully this impression would improve as the story unfolds. Looking forward to this week's episodes!

Edited by liddi
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

39 minutes ago, liddi said:

Perhaps it is all the hype of this ancient evil leading up to that moment, but his presence fails to evoke the necessary menace and dread that I have come to expect.

I think he is purposely presented as a non menace insignificant being at the moment because he seems to has not grown into full pledged Imoogi yet....I felt the same when he first emerged as a young man with too much lipstick that did not blend well....😂😂 I was like eeerrrrr...Imoogi?? Is that you?? 🤣🤣

But in fairness Asian or Oriental tends to romanticized non human creatures. Their repertoire of Eldritch Abomination creatures are full of drop dead gorgeous ones, polar opposite from the western counterparts.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3
17 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I think he is purposely presented as a non menace insignificant being at the moment because he seems to has not grown into full pledged Imoogi yet....I felt the same when he first emerged as a young man with too much lipstick that did not blend well....😂😂 I was like eeerrrrr...Imoogi?? Is that you?? 🤣🤣

@OsmanthusTea I know! The lipstick just totally shattered any hopes I had that he would terrify me. If anything, all that took place on the island (and with the ghostly children) frightened me far more than actual Imoogi sightings, which seems to defeat its purpose. Heck, even Taluipa has far more formidable presence than the snake. Still, I hope that in upcoming episodes, we will see Imoogi exude the terrifying presence that should come with such a powerful, evil being, and that this is not a miscast.

Right now the lore seems a little patchy... with random creatures/details thrown in every now and again, that I am left with more questions and confusion than ever. Fingers crossed the script will tie them all together cohesively in the end.

• Haha 3

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

9 minutes ago, liddi said:

@OsmanthusTea I know! The lipstick just totally shattered any hopes I had that he would terrify me. If anything, all that took place on the island (and with the ghostly children) frightened me far more than actual Imoogi sightings, which seems to defeat its purpose. Heck, even Taluipa has far more formidable presence than the snake. Still, I hope that in upcoming episodes, we will see Imoogi exude the terrifying presence that should come with such a powerful, evil being, and that this is not a miscast.

Baby and child Imoogi were far more terrifying than the lipsticked adult Imoogi. So far I found the most frightening creatures are those that come in small package. Children ghost in the funeral home, baby and young Imoogi and Little JA in the video. The rest are just so so and the Zombie is laughable....

• Haha 3

@liddi @OsmanthusTea I find it quite funny that each week the drama throws in some random mystical creature & seems to be inspired by all the horror genres they can think of . To the point, I am quite desensitized.  Anyhow I am quite intrigue with who that green juice lady is - the peddler of fear.

@stroppyse can you translate this ? Thanks. Papago translate does not tell me much. This is who k netz think the lady is.

Source: https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010305880H

Spoiler

방송 직후 '구미호뎐' 녹즙아줌마는 포털 사이트 실시간 검색어에 오르며 이목이 집중되고 있다. 일부 시청자들은 녹즙아줌마가 야차 '두억시니'라고 추측하고 있다. 

I kept asking myself  why it mattered what a person's greatest fear is ? And it seems it is because a person's greatest fear has nothing to do with losing material things but losing the one they love the most. It ties in with what the shaman asked LR and JA about what was the most precious thing to them .

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Things to look out for in the 2nd half of the show

Source: http://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1346300

▶Attention Point 1 - Yeon Jia Couple Reuniting Reunion
Gumiho Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong-wook), who had been quarreling at first, and the ghost story program producer Nam Ji-ah (played by Jo Bo-ah), who has now become so precious to each other, have been alienated by the story of Nam Ji-ah's death of Ah-eum, her death. Nam Ji-ah, who witnessed Ah-eum's death with "Tiger Eyebrows," misunderstood that Lee Yeon killed Ah-eum to sacrifice her as a sacrifice of Lee Mu-gi. However, Lee Yeon did not explain the real truth to Nam Ji-ah and became like the bad guy to avoid repeating the sad fate of the past. Nevertheless, Nam Ji-ah, who was heartbroken, decided to dig deeper into her past life and found out that Imoogi  and herself were related while searching for the hypnosis treatment video she received when she was nine years old. Since then,  Lee Yeon had to choose between Nam Ji-ah and Lee Rang (Kim Bum), and JiAh ended up at the scene she feared  most - the  "Yeowugae" accident 21 years ago Attention is focusing on the reunion of the "Yeon-Jia couple" whether Lee-yeon, who has to fight in a limited time, and Nam-A, who is in danger of dying, can meet again.

2nd Act: Bromance with Fate X

Lee Rang committed the murder , killing an entire village  because he thought Lee-yeon, the mountain god of Baekdudaegan forest had abandoned him  because of his first love Ah-eum.This was made worse when Lee-yeon, was forced to kill Lee Rang .  In particular, in the last 8th episode, the sad story of Lee Yeon and Lee Rang was revealed, drawing attention.  Lee Rang who was  born half fox and half human being was abandoned by their mother, almost lost his life in the forest. Lee-yeon appeared and helped him and they became brothers.  However in the present , Lee Rang, who had joined hands with Imoogi  in anger when Lee Yeon did more for Nam Ji-ah, the reincarnation of Ah-eum, than he did for him . Lee Rang, was then used as a test subject of Lee Yeon's loyalty and was transported  back to the hideous forest . As Lee Rang began a fight with the evil spirits , he was surprised to see Lee Yeon, who came to save him instead of Nam Ji-ah. Attention is focusing on whether Lee-yeon and Lee-rang will be able to reconcile again and continue their sticky bromance in the forest, or whether Lee-Rang will be on Lee-yeon's side.

▶ Point of View 3. Stay vs. Fight of the Fight

After learning that Nam Ji-ah's fox beads disappeared, Lee-yeon was ready to fight for his life to protect Nam Ji-A.  After witnessing Nam Ji-ah's scale, Lee-yeon realized that Imoogi is  getting closer, and he met Lee Rang alone and asked where he ( Imoogi)  was. On the other hand,  Lee Rang, who was trying to kill Nam Ji-ah was surprised that Imoogi said  "You want to kill her, her? That's a little tricky. She will be my bride and sacrifice for me in the first place" .  Look forward to the  match between Lee Yeon, who has the ability to control nature as a mountain god of the former Baekdudaegan, and Imoogi who has the special ability to see through the other person's mind, as they protect their own interests. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@liddi @OsmanthusTea I find it quite funny that each week the drama throws in some random mystical creature & seems to be inspired by all the horror genres they can think of . To the point, I am quite desensitized. 

Well, Yeon did asks JA if she really wants to see his world in episode 1 or 2 and since she said yes, here we go....every single mystical creature that can think of.....:shocked: Tbh, i am quite fine with different mystical creature every episode but I am not keen on the creature crossover. I would prefer they stick to Korean's folklore.....:HaunterOK:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@stroppyse can you translate this ? Thanks. Papago translate does not tell me much. This is who k netz think the lady is.

Source: https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010305880H

@abs-oluteM, translation and an explanation.

Translation:

Immediately after the broadcast, the “Tales of the Nine Tailed” Green Juice Ajumma was trending as a real-time search keyword on portal sites, drawing keen interest. Some viewers are speculating that the Green Juice Ajumma is the demon ‘Duokshini’.

A Duokshini (aka Duoxini, Dookshini) is a Korean mythological creature similar to the Yacha, and is typically depicted as an angry, wicked demon.

I'm including a link to a Korean wiki page about it. If you use it with Google translate, you can read more about what a duokshini is. However, remember that one of the things that this drama does (as did Goblin) is re-imagine what these mythical creatures are and how they might interact with each other and with humans.

https://namu.wiki/w/두억시니

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2