Legend of Fei 有翡 [2020]

Lynne

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

The whole novel in English has not been released yet, or has it? I think I'm only able to find a couple translation. It sounds interesting though. 

No, the novel has not been fully translated.  Only a few chapters are available.

• Like 4

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 12/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, NiteWalker said:

well well well....no wonder someone say @Tofu 'her' Wang YiBo drama is airing lols

I'm going to miss all the staff meetings now because with so many episodes coming out each week, I need the weekend to catch up. :laugh:

Airing Schedule: I split the photo so it doesn't get resized. The combined photo in spoiler tag.

WFOse6Q.png

gebCoSF.png

2CwgrtR.png

Zz4UsbE.png

StGgScm.png

Spoiler

KcMq0TV.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tencent Video Linkhttps://v.qq.com/x/cover/mzc00200x9fxrc9/i0035vqycwm.html

Viki Linkhttps://www.viki.com/tv/36765c-legend-of-fei 

On Tencent Video, English subs are up to episode 10 if you're a VIP. If you download the Tencent Video app and use VPN, you can watch up to episode 2 as a free user or episode 10 if you're VIP. On Viki, English subs are up to episode 2. They are also releasing one episode a day and then will start two episodes a day next week. You can see the Viki schedule in the spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

Now, I hope everyone can enjoy Legend of Fei with me! :laugh:

18 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

so have you guys start watching it?

Yep! I've watched/skimmed (aka skipped all the evil people scenes) the raws up to Ep 12.  I really need subs to properly understand this drama, though, so I'll go back and rewatch these episodes properly with subs. Busy with work right now so saving them up to start when I'm on Christmas break -- soon!  :)

• Like 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

Yep! I've watched/skimmed (aka skipped all the evil people scenes) the raws up to Ep 12.  I really need subs to properly understand this drama, though, so I'll go back and rewatch these episodes properly with subs. Busy with work right now so saving them up to start when I'm on Christmas break -- soon!  :)

I realized that Viki's schedule says it'll have up to episode 6 with English subs for free users by this weekend and then episode 7 won't be available until Jan. 5th! It doesn't affect me but that sucks for people who really want to watch it with English subs and are not able to afford the subscription. :cry:

Naturally, when I'm interested in a drama, I like to read and learn more about the characters, if it's adapted from a novel/webtoon, and the background story if it's a historical drama, etc. I read a couple of things about Wang YiBo's character. I'll leave what I found in the spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

At the end of episode 12, it's disclosed that Xie Yun was the last emperor of the previous dynasty. In the novel, he is actually the crown prince of the previous dynasty so a bit of a change between the novel and drama. A lot of people think that his character is a portrayal of Xiao Zhuang, the Prince of Yongjia. General Wang Lin declared Xiao Zhuang the emperor of the Liang Dynasty. If Xie Yun is based off him, Xiao Zhuang lived a hard life and died pretty young. However, I believed I read somewhere that the novel had a happy ending so hopefully the drama will too. 

In the drama, Xie Yun has amazing footwork (qinggong) and was complimented by many of the elders. In one of the episodes, it says he lost his force and typically, when someone doesn't have that, their marital art is affected. It's unclear at this point how he lost it and if he'll regain it back; but I'm hoping he does. I like the idea of Zhou Fei and Xie Yun helping rid the world of evil. However, with that said, I read that in the novel, he has great qinggong but isn't that great in anything else. Haha! 

Some behind the scene:

13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Legend of Fei, open its premier with 6.3 rating in douban

I'm not too familiar with ratings so I don't know what this means. Haha! 

Zhou Fei's and Xie Yun's teamwork. :heart:

giphy.gif

Edit: This looks like a timeline of all the episodes released so far. I split the photo so it doesn't get resized, the combine photo in spoiler tag.

f1i1swd.png

VZyel0s.png

09nRk7U.png

Spoiler

KhFeSgl.jpg

• Haha 1

Wang YiBo sang his song from Legend of Fei OST at the Tencent Video's All Star event.

There's not really many photos of them together at the event that I've seen. Most of the focus was on Wang YiBo and Xiao Zhan. Haha! This was the closest I was able to find of them somewhat together (cropped from Tencent Video photos). :laugh:

gV49Snk.png

5cwKNyt.png

Their photoshoot for the event was beautiful though, in spoiler tag.

Spoiler

hgPwTzC.jpg

lP4Ty1z.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

i guess it wont be easy to find them together since Liying is married and there always seems to be rumors circulating on her marriage from the media...

sometimes i find that the media is almost like a piranha :x

That is just a bit strange to me that they wouldn't be seen together to promote their drama. But I guess we have seen stranger things this year too. Haha!

The media always like to determine how your relationship is going, so exhausting to be in the public eye. Sometimes I wonder how or why celebrities continue to be celebrities knowing all of that comes with it. 

• Like 1