The Leaky Cauldron

Found a nice ambience music to share with you all ~

@SilverMoonTea Definitely, though the movie helps put something I can't imagine well into perspective. What's your fave book? What's EVERYONE's fave? Mine is book 3 - the only one without Voldy and the most interesting because it is was intriguing how everything that was there is somewhat linked and existed for a reason - the whooping willow, the shrieking shack and the marauders map etc. 

Yeah, the latter volumes got darker and I remember thinking this is not suitable for kids anymore. However, the HP fans have grown with time as it comes to its final conclusion so in that sense, I guess that explains the choice of making it darker. :idk:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoisellesia Book 1! I was just super impressed reading the 1st book. Thinking it was very unusual and creative. I also like the no 2, 3, 4. The book cover also was very beautiful.

Number 5 onwards I just kind of lost it, the cover also become increasingly darker. 

I have some books I bought in my original language. But I just left it in my home, didn't carry it with me. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I actually like Book 5 Order of the Pheonix because a lot has happened in the book that made Harry more mature and Harry realized the weight of the responsibilty on his shoulders. 

I also like the epic battle between Dumbledore and Voldy! :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
17 minutes ago, Frau said:

I actually like Book 5 Order of the Pheonix because a lot has happened in the book that made Harry more mature and Harry realized the weight of the responsibilty on his shoulders. 

I also like the epic battle between Dumbledore and Voldy!

The epic battle of Dumbledore vs Voldy was better in my imagination compared to the movie. Likely because I imagined it was my fave Dumbledore played by Richard Harris, not Michael Gambon :JigglyAngry: and in the movie, the battling makes Dumbledore look weak.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

The epic battle of Dumbledore vs Voldy was better in my imagination compared to the movie. Likely because I imagined it was my fave Dumbledore played by Richard Harris, not Michael Gambon :JigglyAngry: and in the movie, the battling makes Dumbledore look weak.

Yeah, I'm talking about the book battle the movie battle was :PikachuFacePalm:

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Yeah, it was disappointing. The great Dumbledore finally face off with Voldy and... even Harry's vs Voldy was disappointing

Yeah the made Harry and Dumbledore weak in the movie, like if the minister and other wizards did not come the would have been defeated! :ChikoritaAngryBean:

• Like 3

I never watched beyond Movie 2. I didn't like how the movies had to remove so many side-plots when those made up the full experience of Hogwarts and the challenges Harry had to go through. 

My favourite book is Azkaban as well! There's just something really special about it! 

Does anyone collect the newer editions? I have been slowly buying the Illustrated Editions because they are so beautiful!

• Like 4

The 1st book is my favorite. After all with that book I start the journey with Hogwarts :heart:

I both read and watch all books and movies. With the book I can run any kinds of imagination that I have while reading the text inside my head. The movie did help a little and sometimes after finishing the movie I'd feel there's something missing and hoped several scenes inside the book were included in the movies.

It's been so long since I read the books or re-watch the movie. One day when I have no k-drama, I might start to re-read or re-watch the movie. I occasionally still read some fanfictions :MewGiggle:

2 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Does anyone collect the newer editions? I have been slowly buying the Illustrated Editions because they are so beautiful!

I never had any collections of HP books yet. I used to borrow from school library or friends' book. I'd love to have this edition 

81ZxhrJxaEL.jpg

:wow:

• Like 4

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I am not collecting the illustration edition. My books are the original first edition illustrations except Vol. 1-4; they should be reprints. When someone got rich from auctioning the first print of HP, I actually checked if mine will worth something :eeeee: 

I liked the first 2 movies as it was following more closely with the books. It also has my fave Dumbledore, Richard Harris. After that the movies went downhill for me. 3rd movie was a good blend of adaptation/take, although at first watch it went by really quick and obviously this being my fave book, I can't say I fully love it since they missed a lot of details.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, LaLa said:

I'd love to have this edition 

Oh this one looks beautiful! I hope you owe a set soon for your re-reads!

If anybody wants to gawk at books (and merch), go check out this instagram account - https://www.instagram.com/thepottercollector/

This collector made it his mission to collect every 1st edition of the first book in every language! He has more than that, of course.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use