The Leaky Cauldron

Fantastic Beast : Secret of Dumbledore finally had been released! I for myself was excited of it because it has been too long since the second movie and I missed the wizarding world.. 

Have you watched it? I myself have watched and wow just like the title, it was really a secret that I never thought about.. 

Tagging several members of the club for chat

@mademoiselle @Jane @bai @im0202 @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @Alice Wonderland

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

6 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Fantastic Beast : Secret of Dumbledore finally had been released! I for myself was excited of it because it has been too long since the second movie and I missed the wizarding world.. 

Have you watched it? I myself have watched and wow just like the title, it was really a secret that I never thought about.. 

Tagging several members of the club for chat

@mademoiselle @Jane @bai @im0202 @stroppyse @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob @SilverMoonTea @Tofu @Alice Wonderland

I can't remember the last time I went to cinema 🤣 I had lost interest on HP movie, an eon ago haha... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Oh it's out. I actually also lost interest too, but more of because I like Harry Potter series more than Fantastic Beast. I watched FB 1 at home. Didn't love it as much as HP but didn't mind it, and FB 2 with friends at the cinema. Unfortunately FB 2 was not enjoyable for us at all, so naturally I didn't look forward to the sequel.

I, too, haven't been to the cinema since COVID outbreak. I haven't even watched Batman. With Fantastic Beast, I think I'll just watch it when the DVD or web version is out.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, LaLa said:

Haha I’m watching this sunday actually! No spoilers please!😝

I enjoyed the first one but second one was a bit meh - I don’t remember much of that one at all, except Jude Law! 😂 

I’m hoping this third one will be a better movie. Where would you rank this third film among the three?

• Like 6
16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I can't remember the last time I went to cinema 🤣 I had lost interest on HP movie, an eon ago haha... 

I only went to cinema to watch for wizarding world.. because the sound effects is different while watching from home lol.. Oh well it's alright if you lost your interest.. I don't even know the actors and actresses that well so I just watch for the story lol

Because there's no book about this (other than the screenplay scripts that got released later), I don't have a choice other than watching the movie.. 

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh it's out. I actually also lost interest too, but more of because I like Harry Potter series more than Fantastic Beast. I watched FB 1 at home. Didn't love it as much as HP but didn't mind it, and FB 2 with friends at the cinema. Unfortunately FB 2 was not enjoyable for us at all, so naturally I didn't look forward to the sequel.

I, too, haven't been to the cinema since COVID outbreak. I haven't even watched Batman. With Fantastic Beast, I think I'll just watch it when the DVD or web version is out.

I agree that movie 2 didn't hold the same special effects like the movie 1. Maybe because the focus shifted more into the characters rather than the fantastic beast itself. I won't talk that much about movie 3, in case you're looking forward to see it without spoiler.. but if you don't mind about it, I'll wait for others who are interested in watching before sharing my opinion about the movie.

Yesterday was my first time stepping into the cinema as well since the covid outbreak. Thankfully since I chose the earliest screening time, inside the cinema there were less than 10 people including myself hahaha

10 hours ago, im0202 said:

I’m hoping this third one will be a better movie. Where would you rank this third film among the three?

I think I have to rewatch the first two again before I can rate it hahaha.. but first movie will be special I think because like the first movie of HP, it will always have this special place in my preference because of the first introduction. 

Looking forward to see your reaction after watching the movie ;)

@Alice Wonderland looking forward to hear from you too after you're done watching :) no need to rush because I understand RL might not be preferable at the moment. The reason I could watch yesterday because I took a day leave from office. I've been planning it and thankfully the released date was not that far so I could squeezed it in between my plan hahaha

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa I don't mind spoilers. But I can wait till the others have seen it.

Glad to know it's normal that everyone was disappointed with FB2. I was especially disappointed because I convinced a few friends to join me in the cinema since FB1 was not bad, so I felt apologetic that FB2 turned out this way for them and myself 😅 but I'd still watch it for closure.

Is FB3 better?

• Like 3

@LaLa oooh oh you make me want to watch it so sooooon. Seems interesting than other FB tbh, which I also think that HP >>>> FB before but I changed my mind when FB3 trailer comes. But sigh, I can't go to cinema for now hahaha. Imma be waiting its available on HBO Max~

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, LaLa said:

I think I have to rewatch the first two again before I can rate it hahaha.. but first movie will be special I think because like the first movie of HP, it will always have this special place in my preference because of the first introduction. 

Looking forward to see your reaction after watching the movie ;)

@LaLa I’ve just seen Secrets of Dumbledore!

I think I’ll rank it

Spoiler

2nd out of the trilogy. The first one’s still the best one! But none of the FB movies can compare to the HP series. That one holds a special place in my heart along with the books.

I feel maybe Warner Bros should just rename the series and stop forcing themselves to use the ‘Fantastic Beasts’ name. The focus feels like it’s not on the FBs anymore, and more on Grindelwald and Dumbledore. This is also why the first movie in the trilogy still remains the best as the focus was more on Newt and the creatures. There were also some characters in this third film that felt like we could do without as they had so little screen time and development (the Kama?Karma? character for instance). Percival character also felt quite eh? by third act of the story.

I wonder where the HP franchise will go from here? 

Hidden my thoughts in spoiler as many have not seen the film!

Edited by im0202
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Haven't watched it, though I'll probably have to watch FB 1 and 2, before I even attempt to watch it. I honestly don't remember the plots and characters that well. I do hope Newt is given something more substantial to do in the latest movie.

Covid restrictions. Haven't been to the cinema yet because too many people are acting as if covid is a thing of the past, even as numbers continue to go up in my area.

I'm happy to read spoilers, though, so please feel free to post some. :smile:

• Like 3
On 4/15/2022 at 10:34 AM, mademoiselle said:

Is FB3 better?

For me, It's quite okay.. or maybe because I lowered my expectations before watching it? hahaha

The CG is cleaner and although again the focus of the story is not about the fantastic beasts themselves, every time Pick and Teddy made appearance I can't help but focus at them. hahaha Teddy and Pick got their own promotional poster after all xD

@bai @Tofu @SnowBlob @stroppysehopefully all of you will have the chance to check it out :) I was excited because it has been awhile since I'm entering the wizarding world again and I was kinda excited when it got released.. but now that the hype moment has gone, I am more chill about it and waiting for the upcoming movie.. Hopefully the waiting time won't be as long as the movie 3

@im0202

Spoiler

Yeah, FB 1 will always feel special to us because we got to introduce to the fantastic beasts.. and like the title it self we are introduced that they aren't that scary animal, but actually they have their interesting sides that at the time Newt can only see and understand. 

And I quite agree that they can just put down the Fantastic Beast title part when the focus will soon shift to the WWW 1 between Grindelwald and Dumbledore.. And frankly honest I do hope they expand the romance between Newt and Tina because the build up both of them have during the 1st and 2nd movie was interesting.. What do you think about Tina's lack appearance in movie 3? I thought she would pro-active because Quennie was joined at the enemy side. I thought she would get and persuade her sister back. 

I wouldn't trade Jacob for anyone because he's funny and he is the most powerful muggle at that time to be able face Grindelwald and still standing (although it's a pity that he has to suffer the crucio and got held for few seconds before it got lifted by Santos). And yeah, Kama existence in movie 3 is not that important I think. Bunty played part in keeping safe the trunk but what about Kama? 

It would be interesting to see the marauder school year.. But we'll have to see if JK and WB will get any agreement for another installment of wizarding world once FB franchise ended...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa @mademoiselle I’m waiting for the day when WB announce they will cover the Marauders’ Hogwarts era... I shall continue dreaming😂

@LaLa 

Spoiler

I read somewhere that the lack of Tina was because of the Covid situation... not sure of the actress was the one who got it or she was just playing safe and chose not to be in the third film in any large capacity.

It was a pity though I quite liked her character!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@LaLa@im0202

I've watched the 3rd instalment, and agree that they should change the title for Fantastic Beasts as it has deviated so much from the first movie.

At first I thought Credence was going to be an interesting character but now... he barely did much and he's a Dumbledore... so random! I forgot about this piece of information in 2nd movie.

Also agreed that the Kama guy was extremely random and useless in the grand scheme of things. What exactly was he for in Dumbledore's plan? Planting him on Grindelwald's side seems futile. Grindelwald is not going to believe him since he's sent by Dumbledore. His character as a spy looks like a fool beside Snape.

I can't get into the young Dumbledore played by Jude because my image of Dumbledore is forever stuck with old but wise Richard Harris version, neither was I convinced of Johnny's Grindelwald but I feel at least Johnny's version would be more menacing and interesting than this actor who took over the role.

And now here's the question: will 4th and 5th movies be played by Johnny again or this actor is reprising the role?

• Like 2
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I can't get into the young Dumbledore played by Jude because my image of Dumbledore is forever stuck with old but wise Richard Harris version, neither was I convinced of Johnny's Grindelwald but I feel at least Johnny's version would be more menacing and interesting than this actor who took over the role.

The first wizarding world war was said ended in 1945, which was also the year that Tom Riddle Jr aka Voldemort was born. I guess the war affected Dumbledore so much that he aged soo much less than 20 years since the first war lol.

I'm quite agree with your comments about Johnny's Grindelwald version is better. Maybe because he impressed me from the first 2 movies that it got stuck in my mind haha..

13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And now here's the question: will 4th and 5th movies be played by Johnny again or this actor is reprising the role?

I'm not following his case, but now that it was over, unless they have signed with the current actor for the remaining 2 movies maybe there's a possibility? Movie 4 has yet to be filmed.. probably still WIP from JK for the script. I wish to see more creatures and possibly knowledge about it from Newt tough. If they just use the magical creatures as mediation for the plot like in Movie 3, I also think it's better to not use Fantastic Beasts as part of the tittle because their role isn't as significant like it did in movie 1 

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I forgot to say, the Qilin looks like a deer xD

7 hours ago, LaLa said:

The first wizarding world war was said ended in 1945, which was also the year that Tom Riddle Jr aka Voldemort was born. I guess the war affected Dumbledore so much that he aged soo much less than 20 years since the first war lol.

Oh yes, now that you mentioned, there was discussion between me and friends about Dumbledore's age. Maybe he aged more when he battled Grindelwald. In HP, they never did confirm Dumbledore's age, did they? It was just mentioned as "said to be over 100".

It also feel weird in the sense that in Harry Potter (the original), everyone's clothings is more in an oldern age era whereas in Fantastic Beast, it's so much more modern.

7 hours ago, LaLa said:

I'm not following his case, but now that it was over, unless they have signed with the current actor for the remaining 2 movies maybe there's a possibility? Movie 4 has yet to be filmed.. probably still WIP from JK for the script. I wish to see more creatures and possibly knowledge about it from Newt tough. If they just use the magical creatures as mediation for the plot like in Movie 3, I also think it's better to not use Fantastic Beasts as part of the tittle because their role isn't as significant like it did in movie 1 

True. I think they should branch out for the Fantastic Beast. Let the prequel of Harry Potter be another storyline instead. I noticed in the 3rd movie, the font size of FB was shoved to the left top corner LOL.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Jane @LaLa @im0202 Are any of you going to Tokyo this year and visiting the HP theme park? There's also a theme cafe which I couldn't get in already before I even went.

I wished I could go to Japan and visit the HP theme park.. When the video and teaser was released last month, it looks so exciting.. Sadly I could only visit through video..

You planned to go to the theme cafe when u visited Japan before?

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I wished I could go to Japan and visit the HP theme park.. When the video and teaser was released last month, it looks so exciting.. Sadly I could only visit through video..

You planned to go to the theme cafe when u visited Japan before?

I couldn't get an appointment. It needs booking way in advance. Some people say the food is not worth it.

Important Information

Terms of Use