Lie of Lies / 거짓말의 거짓말 [2020]

UnniSara

What will Ji Min do ?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kang Ji Min do now knowing that Eun Soo is Woo Joo's real mother?

• Help Eun Soo clear her name
    • Convince Eun Soo to get treatment and start an investigation
    • Keep Woo Joo away from her
    • MARRY HER!

This poll is closed to new votes

ES waiting at the waiting area, JM came and she asked him how is WJ. JM told her he will explain to WJ. ES said she should be the one. JM said they'll talk to her together then. JM asked ES to go home and rest. He went inside to WJ, and remembered what the doc said to him. 

ES back to her rooftop. She thought about what WJ asked her earlier, she started crying and clenched her dress very tightly, feeling angry.

At DO building, KHR is leading a meeting. They're deciding a painting to put at a lobby, again it's the mysterious painter, Kim Hyang Mi. KHR is smiling when the rest agreed. When she left the room, she asked assistant how's the kid? Still in hospital he replied. She said something else which I didn't catch. 

JM's office. Colleague got a call from JM who won't be able to come for work for the meantime. Boss asked if WJ is still ill? JM at the hospital beside WJ. She is awake now, but she doesn't want to talk to him. He is very gentle with her and told her that he will wait. ES is outside, he went out and let ES in. ES entered and WJ turned her back to her. ES just kept on talking, knowing how disappointed WJ is, but she told her that in the past she's been having a hard time, but she is happy to meet WJ and that's why she forgot to share her past pain. She assured WJ that she is not that kind of person, and she promised something to WJ. 

ES came out of the room, JM praised her and assured her that WJ will be able to feel her sincerity. JM asked her to go back safely. Then SM called him, she is outside the hospital and wants to see WJ. JM is angry at her and asked her to just leave. 

As SM turned, the family is there. Mom walked up to SM and slapped her. They got into a fight. Dad and Aunt tried to stop Mom.

Candy.png

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

David is having golf with someone. They talked about KHR. 

ES is about to leave the hospital, but she remembered something, then she called JM asking if he is still at WJ's room. But he is not, he is waiting for WJ's examination report. ES asked what is it about, anyhow, mid-way talking, she heard a tune. It's what she heard on the night 10 years ago. She is stunned and flashback to that night. JM came to find her staring blankly. They sat down at the cafe and ES told him about it, but she cannot remember more. JM asked her not to worry about it. Someone is looking at them from afar. JM sent ES to the taxi. That someone followed JM, outside and back into the hospital. JM entered WJ's room and that man followed till the door. ES happened to walk back to the room and saw him. The man shocked and ran. ES ran after him.

Assistant in his car staring at the number 6049. A man came in and gave him something.

ES and that man outside the park. It's the driver from the past. ES noticed him from cafe. He mentioned something about 6049. ES told him that Yoon did not commit suicide. The man is very hesitant to share because he is not sure, but he finally started to share some stories. Flashback to him supporting a drunk JKB into the house. He shouted for his mother. KHR came out of her room, followed by the current assistant. He and the driver tried to support JKB but he didn't want to and he hit the assistant till he fell to the ground. KHR shouted for him to stop. He stopped and threw money to him. KHR asked driver to leave. He left, but outside he realised he is still holding to JKB's briefcase so he turned back to return it, and he overheard what JKB told KHR. Sorry but I really don't understand what. But that's the secret of KHR. There were also flashback of Yoon playing the recording, and of KHR burning those things.

At the hospital, family wondering why it's taking so long for WJ to recover this time. Cut to JM with doc. Seems like something serious that can be fatal. Sorry I don't understand enough. Cut to JM outside at a bench. He is crying by himself. He got a call from ES, asking him what about the report on WJ? Is everything alright? He paused for very long but he said it's alright. But ES asked what's wrong with his voice. He replied he is just tired. They hang up but ES is thinking.

BFF bakery. The annoying mum told her that the wedding is off because of ES being a murderer. BFF who said that. It's WJ herself. She is shocked.

At hospital, WJ is going through a treatment, but she vomited. JM at the doc's office. Doc explaining more stuff to him. ES rushed inside, she said she will do it. Doc wondering who she is. Maybe some kind of transplant. Doc explained more stuff. Seems like it has to be from family. Sadly ES does not qualify. Argh! Cut to JM and ES outside talking. JM apologised for not being able to tell her. JM told her don't worry, he will go through the physical examination. Montage of him going through the physical examination. ES outside looking at WJ with her aunt. ES made a call to David, asking for a favor. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Assistant updating KHR about WJ being sick. 

KHR at ES's rooftop. She said something about WJ. ES told her to die, went to strangle her. Assistant came to pull her off KHR, he is about to hit ES but KHR stopped him. She said mockingly that it's understandable for a mother to behave that way because of their child. As they left, ES opened her grip, she caught some of KHR's hair. Woooo....

JM is telling WJ about her school and friends. WJ noticed a wound on JM's arm, asked him what it is. JM explained it away. WJ asked to go outdoor. Outside, WJ asked if she is very ill? She said she wants to go home quickly. JM told her yes, let's quickly go home. WJ asked about ES. JM told her she came everyday. Then WJ also asked how he felt at the beginning. JM told her that was angry too at first, etc, etc. He also explained that ES at that time was trying to protect the baby inside her. WJ asked where is the baby now? But got cut by a nurse calling him. Cut to ES walking in the hospital witnessing JM running somewhere. Seems like not a fit? Because ES came by and told him she will do it. WJ at the corner, overheard that ES said she will save WJ. Aunt came to fetch her, and she lost sight of JM and ES, who moved to talk outdoor. ES told him that she went through a physical examination already, with the help of David. JM is hesitant because it is very risky procedure for ES, could lead to death? ES tried to convince him that there isn't a lot of time for WJ. Night time, JM by WJ's bedside. Thinking and crying and thinking. He couldn't hold it anymore and went outside to cry at the dark corridor. 

Cut to a phone on a table, with ringing tone that ES heard that night. Someone picked it up. ~ end of episode.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Thanks so much @ktcjdrama 

....one more crazy development! So now WJ has a life threatening illness & needs a transplant? And ES of course would do it but that she’d risk her own life ? Gahhh - this drama has no chill ! 

@LaLa can trouble you to translate?

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Have not watched with subs, so thanks @LaLa for the spoiler of the big secret. 

Great job for those who have guessed that JKB is not KHR’s son. She really acted well for other people to think she loves him so much. Since JKB knows the truth, she must’ve gotten rid of him so that she could be the one to dominate the company. No wonder she has no qualms killing the granddaughter. Does this mean WJ will have rights over DO then after KHR is ousted from her position? That will be awesome hahaaa

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

@abs-oluteM I went to bed immediately last night after watching the clips on naver and just got the chance to open the forum. I don't know if the sub is out yet or not but here you go the preview for ep 14. We got another angst episode :( When we will see Ho Ran crumble and Eun Soo win...

Rough translations

WJ: It's enough! I want to go home with Dad!
JM: Woo Joo
WJ: Grandma, I want to go home
ES: Don't be afraid. Mom will protect you
YJ: I should stop her. The people who want to stop you, I will block them all
HR: Keep looking. Looking through everything that Ji Eun Soo has
Doc: Our hospital decided that we won't do it
Doc: Actually she is very lucky. Congratulations
JM: Are you really going to help my daughter to have her surgery? How can I believe your words?
HR: I want to help the child too. Because she is my one and only family left
ES: Do you believe her words?
JM: It might be hard for now, but you will realize as the time goes by. I did this to save Woo Joo and this is the best choice that I made to save you too
HR: All I need is for Eun Soo to be gone. Make Eun Soo leave
ES: Please reconsider it once again Director
Doc: I have finished discussed that problem with the child's father
JM: I'm sorry. I will do anything (the phrase that JM used is I want to clutch at any straws. He's desperate) I have to save our Woo Joo no matter what

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama Yeah, I thought because she's obsessed with KB that she even drew him from his picture, KB must be her son. But O.O he's not. In their fight while KB was drunk, HR mentioned something about the company and his actions that might make them lose their company position and KB asked her back 'Did you have fun? Did you have fun playing your role as a mother?'

I was like whut?! :psweatduck:

• Thanks 3
  • Shocked 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Thanks @LaLa

Gahh gals eps 13 really broke my heart...I guess it cannot get more shocking than this :shocked:

Did not think they'd go down this route where Woo Joo only has a year to live unless she gets a lung transplant . And of course to raise the stakes , WJ may not survive if they wait for a dead donor to come along .So her one option is a transplant from a  live donor . As expected ES is a match but such a procedure has high risk - donor may not survive. I will flip if ES dies.

Another crazy twist is that JKB is not KHR's son - seems she is his step mum. This supposed devotion to him is a show or maybe she's some psycho who finds pleasure in painting the picture of someone she may have killed. I can see why she'd want WJ dead. I seriously doubt she'd really help WJ get that operation just so that she'd get rid of ES. I hope JM knows not to believe her, but the stills here don't look good. Seems he will leave ES 

OhPbo2R.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I still have not watched episode 13 . Waiting to binge watch both with subs. Thanks @ktcjdrama and @abs-oluteM for details on what happened. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I haven't entirely caught up yet but there's no doubt that this is a well-made makjang with a decent storyline and a solid cast. The pacing is good and the show operates according to a certain internal logic. 

It's odd actually... for such a powerful character like Kim Ho-ran that at the end of the day she's such a shallow petty human being. Did she really love her son that much that she would pin his death on a pregnant battered daughter-in-law or was she culpable of his death herself? The entire scenario is very bizarre. But then may be it's all about "face" for her. So it could well be that all of this ridiculous outpouring of grief is purely PR like her so-called works of charity. She's the quintessential hypocrite... a fact established from day one. A consummate actor who plays her part to keep her business going. 

It's clear from the first episode and from the fact that Kim Ho-ran runs a cosmetic company that appearance is a key theme here. She's all about cultivating the right image. According to the Kim Ho-ran way of thinking... the truth of how her son died is less important than the fact that he was a wife beater. Otherwise why would she bribe the witnesses to the habitual DV perpetrated by the son? If she's not responsible,  then the murder of the wife-beating son seems more to be an affront to her perfect image than the truth. It is also unseemly that she milks his death to garner public sympathy. One never feels sure if she's genuine in her grief or whether it's just another part she's playing.

That painting she pays $1 point something million for called... "Fake Face" appeals to her because consciously or unconsciously it describes her perfectly. Despite all her trappings of wealth and power, she is a fake. And a snake. I get the sense that without her company and the clout that gives her, she's hollow inside.

What really strikes me also, which ties in with this theme of appearance is that there's a great deal of emphasis on art. Whether it's painting, drawing or photography etc this is reiterated all throughout. It is an impulse to capture reality or make sense of reality through whatever forms of expression comes best to us. I think about the scene where Ji-min records the waves while he's at the beach. It's another instance of how the real thing isn't always accessible and so the copy will have to suffice. 

This theme is also part of Eun-su's scheme to get close to Ji-min and Woo-ju. Appearance and reality is a blur after a while. It's hard to know when the leads starting getting in too deep that something real can emerge from what might have begun as an act. Despite the pretence, Eun-su's own authentic kind self always came to the fore.

The highlight for me here is Yeon Jung-hoon. Even when his entire styling and calm demeanour points to his "everyman" status, he is such a standout for me. I remember him from Mask and Man to Man where he plays villains (of sorts) but he's really quite at home with being the all-round good guy.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

The episode opens with WJ lying on her bed. Thinking... She was trying to make a call when she chanced upon JM and ES talking at the hospital waiting bench. When ES said she will save WJ. She thought of the word "save". And later that night, she walked out the room and by the door, saw her dad crying at the corridor. It seems to dawn on her the severity of her condition. Aunt came with some fruit, she asked her, am I dying? Aunt is surprised, none the wiser of course. WJ said, otherwise why is she still in hospital? Aunt said she will ask her dad.

JM walking in hospital corridor, very conflicted, thinking about what ES told him earlier. Aunt came out, called Oppa, but she noticed his look. JM asked her to go home. What's going on, she thought. She returned home and parents asked her how is WJ, she said she didn't get to talk to JM. Parents decided they need to go to hospital.

At art gallery. David is looking at a painting titled "Another I". He flashed back to conversation while having the meal with the other CEO, who told him who Kim Hyang Mi is. 

Assistant is updating KHR with WJ's condition. KHR had an idea...

Nurse came by with medicine for WJ. JM offered her the meds, but she refused to take it. He put his hand on her forehead but she pushed it away. He's being very patient with her, saying that we'll take the medicine when you feel like it. His phone rang. Not sure what the other person said, but not good news it seems. Cut to ES at doc's office. Doc is explaining something to her. ES said she will do anything she could. As she walking out to leave the doc's office, she saw KHR at a distance. She tried to run after her, but got called by JM. 

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

KHR is meeting the hospital director. They talked, then KHR told him about her granddaughter being at the hospital. 

ES and JM talking at the waiting area, ES is trying to cheer up JM by praising his smile. He finally smiled. But Aunt came by rushing, something about WJ. In her room, WJ is throwing tantrum, she wants to go home. The grandparents want to bring her home, getting her coat. JM came in and told the parents to just leave her alone. Mom protested that the kid is having a hard time. WJ kept crying, and she yelled I'm going to die anyway. The parents and Aunt shocked. ES came in and said she will talk to WJ. JM asked the others to leave the room. ES asked WJ who told her she will die, she started talking some sense to WJ. At first WJ was protesting that who are you to help me. ES kept talking to persuade her. WJ listened quietly... Need subs.

JM and family sitting at the restaurant. He read the text from ES who told him that WJ has taken her meds. JM finally told the family that WJ is very sick. He also told them about ES. 

WJ is asleep with ES by her side. She told WJ that she will protect her. JM came by. They looked at each other silently.

David at his hotel lobby? ES called him, she passed him some favourite snacks. David told her he gives his support to her, and he will stop whoever is blocking what she wants to do. SM came by and asked what do you mean by that? ES just told David she is leaving. SM asked David what does he mean by that? 

ES at her place, looking through some baby clothes and baby USG.

A printer is printing out something. Sorry I can't read it hahahaaa..

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

JM went to his office. Some colleagues who didn't know, congratulated him. His team asked about WJ. His leader came, JM handed him a USB. 

ES is in front of a courtroom, remembering her promise to WJ that she will prove she is not a murderer. She is then inside the archive room, looking through photographs in the file on JKB's murder case. Then she went to her past officetel building, only standing outside, trying hard to recall what happened that night. She called JM and told him that she is sure it's a man, because of the shoes. JM asked why she went there herself, next time he will go with her. He told her WJ is with Mom now. Cut to WJ at the courtyard asking Grandma does she really have to go through the surgery? Grandma tried to answer her best. WJ also asked why then she needs the help of ES? Grandma asked her whether she still mind ES. She tried to explain that no one else besides ES who can help her (I think...) JM is looking from afar. Then he got a call. He went to see the hospital director's office. Something is cancelled. JM asked why?? Must be what KHR is asking the director to do. I'm not sure what's going on, but in the end, hospital director congratulated him...??

Assistant is updating KHR about 6049 and WJ. Secretary called to announce KJM is here to see KHR. She is offering something to him, what a fake. I think she is saying that it's the only way JM can save the two persons he loves. Urgh! She kept talking about she wants to save the kid too, she regretted hating ES, stuff like that. JM asked if she really will help WJ's surgery. JM even warned that if after he accepted her help, but he found out otherwise, he will kill her... Not sure, need subs.

ES is walking home. Downstairs, SM is waiting for her. SM told her she knows what happened to WJ. She is a bit tipsy, and she also was complaining about how every time it's ES. Anyway, ES called David to come get her. SM finally cried and asked ES to save WJ.

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

JM by WJ's bedside. Thinking about KHR's offer.

David having meals with KHR. He pretended he spilled his drink and asked for the bathroom. He flashback to having stalking some workers moving some paintings. He entered the building and almost opened a door, but stopped by the assistant. Assistant even asked to check his phone. 

BFF is visiting WJ at hospital. Aunt came out of the room, surprised to see her. They talked, she asked about the wedding, and Aunt accidentally blurted out that ES will save WJ. BFF asked further what she meant by that. 

ES is getting ready at her apartment. When she went down, JM is waiting there. He told her that she doesn't need to go hospital today, the surgery is cancelled because it's too risky. ES said then we should go to other hospital. KHR is offering to let WJ go overseas for treatment. ES asked him does he really believe KHR? More talks. There is a condition, I think. JM left. Assistant is there to spy on them, and he updated KHR with a text message. Even asking if she really is going to save WJ. Then JM called KHR asking her to keep her promise. She assured him, about air tickets and everything. 

JM at home, packing WJ's stuff. He found the painting of him and WJ that ES made. He put it up. Cut to WJ on her bed, looking at her picture with ES, thinking about what ES told her and promised before. 

Hospital director leaving the hospital but stopped by ES who asked him to reconsider the surgery. Hospital director told her he has discussed it well with her father. She asked pointedly that it's KHR's direction, right? She is trying to block WJ from being saved. She has proof. Cut to JM in his office, thinking about KHR's offer and condition. Seems like she asked for ES to leave.

• Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

At the airport, KHR and assistant being surrounded by reporters. She is answering happily, but when they're alone, she asked Assistant why is JM not here yet? Just then, he got a call from JM and handed it to KHR. She asked why he is not there yet. JM told her that he is not going to accept her help after all. She was so angry that she yelled at the airport. At the same time, news on TV is showing KHR and the paintings being exposed. We see in flashback some of what David did to expose it, working together with JM. His snooping was actually a success and he bluffed the Assistant by having another camera on his coat instead of his phone. Turned out that earlier at her apartment downstairs, JM and ES were only putting up show for the Assistant to see and report to KHR.

At the hospital, JM and ES are meeting with hospital people to determine whether she can donate or not. BFF came and gave her testimony about ES. The result is that they approve ES to be a donor. KHR came barging into the meeting room, very angry and demanded will the hospital take responsibility if anything happen to her granddaughter. JM and ES not fazed. ES said she has no right. She walked up to KHR and handed her an envelope. It's the DNA test. ES asked her, do you understand why now that you have no right? ~ end of episode.

Epilogue: The spectacled guy is arrested by the police, along with other gamblers. (who is this guy? why does he keep appearing?) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

40 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Turned out that earlier at her apartment downstairs, JM and ES were only putting up show for the Assistant to see and report to KHR.

so glad for this ....thanks loads for the recaps.

So how the heck are they going to save WJ now?

@LaLa if you have time , can translate? Thanks

@LaLa 's explanation here

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

Preview for ep 15

Rough translations

Secretary: What are you doing?
Man: I bring the search and seizure warrant
HR: You have made a great mistake by doing this
Prosecutor: We will know the truth after the investigation
HR: Ji Eun Soo
HR: What you wish won't happen
HR: Let's talk again after that child surgery
MJ: What if something bad happen to you during the surgery? 
ES: I made promise with Ji Min-ssi. I will save Woo Joo and will stay alive
ES: I have to stay alive no matter what
Secretary: I have something to tell you about what happened 10 years ago
JM: Detective Kwon
Kwon: Look at this. It's this person, right? I want you to check about him by yourself at the scene
ES: Isn't it strange? Why didn't you ever suspect anyone else but me who killed your son? 
HR: Shut it!
HR: If you were not guilty then are you saying I lied?
ES: Didn't you wish that I were the culprit?
JM: What's wrong? 
ES: What is with this watch? I'm sure this watch was worn by him that day
JM: Is this it? 
ES: The promise that I made with Woo Joo that I will become a warm-hearted mother, I'll make sure to keep it
ES: It's only the beginning, Chairwoman Kim Ho Ran 

I can't wait for the finale week! Finally we will see the truth of that day! :wow2:

I'm glad that Yeon Joon and Ji Min worked together nicely to reveal Ho Ran's money laundering business to the world together. I thought Ji Min was seriously consider Ho Ran's offer to break up with Eun Soo and will let Ho Ran help him with Woo Joo, but thankfully they just fake it. The lack of reaction from Eun Soo about their supposed break up was suspicious but the secretary didn't realize it. 

• Thanks 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Episode 13 was a real heartbreak for me. It made me cry. Ji Min’s pain in having to choose on who to protect. Not wanting to make a choice between them shows how much he care for them both and wanting for them both to get the happiness they want. 

Ji Min’a mom sense of smackin her ex DIL all comes from the instinct on wanting to protect her son and granddaughter.  I love how she pointed one fact that It’s enough you fooled me but how can you do that to Woo Joo. Even in that moment all she can think about is that MIL is being mean to her.  All MIL tend to be protective of their sons for some reason or let clarify that  Mother’s are protective to their child. They tend to only see their child is in Paine no one else. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I cried for episode 14 too. Awww man please grab a box of tissues because you are gonna need it. 

Has anyone noticed FL get smart around last 4 episodes left to the series finale. Ji Min was smart from the beginning till the end but Eun Soo was so impulsive, angry and so desperate to find her daughter & Protect her. I love the way JM and ES worked together and tricked Kim Ho Ran. It was so brilliant , LT me tell you when I saw YJ all by himself playing spy. I was so worried because of the ominous music’s playing in the background.

ES finds out that KHR may not have been her husband bio mom and she obtained hair samples by acting crazy. KHR had the audacity to make it seems like ES is pitiful.  
YJ and JM worked together to find out about then Mysterious painting. It seems KHR has been working hard on her slush fund.
WJ and her family finds out WJ is really sick. She need a lung transplant. ES will be the one who will save WJ.  WJ may still be mad at ES but she really misses her. I think she will remain angry until they prove her innocence. 

There is one thing that disappointed me . It was The Killer. He doesn’t seem scary at all. He seems like a joke and a gambling addict. 

Two people surprised me it was SM and ES best friend. Sm finally put her daughter first and asked ES to try hard to save WJ. ES’s best friend came out and vouched for ES’s love and daughter existence. ES’s presence did change

her friend and tauter to be a better person. ES never once asked her to help her because she knew her situation was unique like @ktcjdrama said & Thanks for the recap. 

Everyone , I think after watching this episode. I think Kim Ho Ran was obsessed with ES. I would like to know why.  If she had left the woman alone, her secret would have remain. But she kept stalking and trying to torture her for a crime she didn't commit. The preview had really confused me.  

Did Kim Horan hire someone to kill her Son??

or  Was he killed because the Killer wanted him gone???

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

10 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I think Kim Ho Ran was obsessed with ES. I would like to know why.  If she had left the woman alone, her secret would have remain. But she kept stalking and trying to torture her for a crime she didn't commit.

You asked my question too @UnniSara ! I'm perplexed with her strong determination to make ES' life miserable :jkbtsthink: Just why and what's the purpose? So we found out (and what a twist) that Gi Beom isn't her biological son and someone in the earlier posts indicated that she might be the one who killed him (or got someone to kill him). If she hated her son that much, sure I could understand her reason on wanting to pin the blame on ES but atm I fail to understand why the necessary efforts to ensure ES would never be happy in her life. 

Unless, although Gi Beom isn't her biological son and that he caused all the troubles to her, deep down she still loved him like her own - perhaps just like SM also to some degree love WJ. Shrugs..unsure..but atm..that's my best guess. 

Please please please...don't let this makjang drama become one of those which ends with someone dears to the viewers dies. Just let JM, ES, WJ, the grandparents and the aunt live happily ever after as a family.

2 more episodes to go~

Spoiler

This drama sort of reminds me a bit of Secret (the one with Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum) LOL...and in the recent episodes, in some scenes, Lee Yu Ri's face did look like Hwang Jung Eum's too hahahaha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

55 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Unless, although Gi Beom isn't her biological son and that he caused all the troubles to her, deep down she still loved him like her own - perhaps just like SM also to some degree love WJ. Shrugs..unsure..but atm..that's my best guess. 

@SnowBlob  I am glad you saw that too.  Her obsession in torturing ES confuses me especially if she ordered his death.  
i wonder if she didn’t order the hit, then the reason she hates ES is because GB loved ES but not her when she clearly loves him. Why draw GB’s portrait, why go to his gravesite. This is all signs of she did love him in her own way.  Do you guys remember the disgust in her eyes when SM said she adopted WJ. KHR was like  ( I can’t recall the word but ) the meaning behind it was  the un gratefulness the child shows to the adoptive parent which upset her. 
 I have come to the realization that some Asian mother in kdrama have a twisted sense of maternal love.  Whether biological or not adopted, if they loved their child, their grandchild isn’t as perças their one child. 
examples 

Secret Love Ahn Do Hyun’s mom she gave up her grandchild because she didn’t want her son to be hindered.  She got his death certificate forged and made both parents think they are dead. 
All Kinds of Daughter In Law 

Hwang Eun Byul’s mother spent the enrire drama embarrassing her her daughter because she blames her for her her daughter weak body. It took for her to see the child’s she nurtured to be clueless and no knowledge on Personal care  for her to finally accept the daughter who took care of her family even though she mistreated her. 
Cheongdangdom Scandal: 

Kang Bok Hee  her son was BSH and he was married. She pretended to be nice and caring. She treated her DIL pretty well but it turns the medicine ( contraceptive) she was giving the wife prevented her from getting pregnant.  Because she never got pregnant, like a typical man he started to cheat. Ironically even though he cheated he never wanted to divorce his wife. He was actually a good man. He let his mom ruin his life. 

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@UnniSara @SnowBlob I believe her  determination to destroy ES is simply because ES is innocent & there’s actually enough proof for that now. And once ES is proven innocent it will open a pandora box that shows  KHR is responsible for JGB’s death . 
———-

BTS 

( so glad we can now use IG again , cause sometimes they don’t hv some of the vids on YT)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

This scene was amazing @abs-oluteM @LaLa@ktcjdrama @SnowBlob 

This was so chilling. Don’t  you guys agree 

Breaking News Lee YuRi will be singing an OST Spring like a Lie and will upload it on YouTube 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1