Lie of Lies / 거짓말의 거짓말 [2020]

UnniSara

What will Ji Min do ?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kang Ji Min do now knowing that Eun Soo is Woo Joo's real mother?

• Help Eun Soo clear her name
    • Convince Eun Soo to get treatment and start an investigation
    • Keep Woo Joo away from her
    • MARRY HER!

This poll is closed to new votes

Assistant is updating KHR with something. Also that ES already went to see someone (the one earlier). Then KHR asked him where SM is now? Cut to SM bringing WJ to an art school. She is enrolling her there. WJ not too happy about it. Then they're seated to have lunch. Suddenly SM got an urgent call for her about work. As she got up to take the call, WJ remembered the day SM left her alone at home and started to get anxious. SM back to table and told her she has to go back for work. She tried to call someone but no one picking. WJ told her, just go, I will take care of myself. So SM rushed out. WJ took her phone and as she was about to make a call, KHR appeared next to her. Cut to ES visiting the tree where Yoon was put at. She got a picture form WJ's phone. She called back and asked where are you at WJ? but it was KHR who picked up the phone and they had the exchange as in preview. ES said she will go there, talk to her.

SM finishing her meeting. As she walked out, Aunt call came in, asking her where are you? Why are you not back as promised? SM is shocked, hasn't WJ came home yet? They started panicking and searching for WJ. Aunt told her that I will kill you if we cannot find WJ. Cut to ES running to the place where KHR is at. Boat is at deck, then KHR appeared. ES asked where WJ is, good thing WJ came and she is fine. ES sent her away and talked to KHR, having a tensed talk.

JM otw home as in preview. Family told him WJ is missing, and Aunt told him SM took WJ out. Btw, SM is nowhere seen during this time. As they're panicking, JM saw ES carrying WJ on her back, JM took over WJ from her, and ES collapsed unconscious. Next, she is on JM's bed and JM at her side, recalling WJ telling him that KHR took her to ride on boat. ES woke up and said sorry, it's because of her that WJ is with KHR. JM told her it's fine he knows already. More talks. It seems that ES wants to leave so that KHR will not bother WJ and the family anymore. JM assured her to stay, ES pushed his hand away and got up to leave but JM held her back. Then he hugged her. Mom saw it from outside the room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

WJ apologized to JM that she got him worried. JM told her next time do not go with anyone unless he approved it. Don't meet with that KHR again. WJ asked why? JM said something. Then WJ also apologized for seeing her mother behind JM's back. Next JM is with SM at a cafe. SM apologized to him. JM told her gently that next time if you want to see WJ, just tell me and I will bring her to you. SM is begging for another chance. JM told her he wants to be with ES, asked SM to move on, be happy. He sincerely wish that for her.

Mom came to ES, why, why it has to be you... ES knelt down and apologized. Mom is crying while saying that she will choose to believe her son, because he said ES is a good person. Do you have confidence to be able to protect and care for JM and WJ? She basically gave her permission to them, although with heavy heart. ES cried and cried. Next is Mom and JM seated together at home. They had a talk. Cut to JM and WJ accompanying ES to pick up the bridal dress. Woohoo... then they brought WJ to visit ES's Dad. ES introduced them, also in her heart about the true relationship. O gosh, cannot stop my tears....

Cut to SM and KHR together, with invitation card of JM and ES. KHR asked her to stop it, I think? SM is thinking on her bed. A text from WJ came in, she apologized because Dad needs Teacher, but I will forever be your daughter.

Cut to BFF looking at the invitation card, but I think she is not attending. ES left a personal note inside about wanting her to be the first to know because she is her family.

Cut to wedding day. ES is putting on make up. The stylist praised her beauty. JM came and praised her as well. The parents and Aunt are seated but WJ is nowhere to be seen. Cut to SM rushing somewhere. Cut to WJ appearing as flower girl but she looks sad and worried. Bride and Groom walked the aisle. When they reached the altar, grandparents shocked, why are you crying WJ? New couple also shocked. WJ asked hesitantly, Teacher, are you a murderer? Did you really kill a person? Everyone shocked ~ End of episode.

Epilogue: 10 years ago at the officetel. Unconscious ES is being dragged away while dead husband body is next to her.

Preview: let's just wait for clip, hahaaaa. I wasn't paying attention (again). Always too shocked with the cliffhanger.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Thanks so much @ktcjdrama . This drama really driving me crazy sometimes but I love the story a lot too :heart:, my almost wedding 

She looks lovely ! Contract marriage or not , they look good together 

sYzdXRe.jpg

Is that guy in the hat the real killer of the ex 

@LaLa trouble you to translate . Thanks a lot 

• Thanks 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Okay, this is my guess.

After watching last night's episode with subs, I think KHR really didn't know there is another true killer. She blindly and firmly believes JES killed her son. Then with today's episode and preview, I think her young assistant was probably the person behind the killing. Like some of you speculated, JKB might not be the biological son of KHR, but she doesn't know that. That young assistant could be her bio son, or son's lover, or son's enemy. In anyway, that actor is not too small an actor actually, yet he played such a minor role in this drama. I was surprised he is just an assistant with few words. So I believe it will be revealed soon that he has a bigger role.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@UnniSara @ktcjdrama Until now, I still think that Ki Bum is KHR son. That man with the hat is the one who gave Yoon's document to her. We don't know what is that mysterious man role, but I do think that man was there 10 years ago. Whether the secretary is involved or not, I'm not sure. 

Yeon Joon will be more active and help JM and ES to reveal the dirty side of KHR! Go Yeon Joon!

@abs-oluteM I think you share the wrong link? It's the preview for ep 12.

Here is the preview for ep 13

Rough translations

JM: Woo Joo! Woo Joo!
ES: Woo Joo!
HR: I've told you, haven't I? There's always unfortunate thing happen whenever you were there
HR: See? The daughter that you want to protect the most, look what happen to her
ES: Die! Just die!!! Die!!!
JM: At that time, Teacher Ji was carrying a baby inside her. She fought to defend the baby?
WJ: She was trying to protect the baby? Where is that baby now?
YJ: From now on, let me take care of Kim Ho Ran
ES: What is it? 
ES: Now I remembered. That night, there's another person beside us
ES: I clearly heard it. Someone is whistling
JM: Don't worry. I will find that person no matter what
Secretary: Have you found something? There's nothing that you missed, right?
HR: I never thought it would turn out this way
HR: How nice if you left when I asked you to do so
ES: Who are you? 
ES: Let's see until the end

• Thanks 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Yes indeed I shared the wrong link @LaLa :laugh:...thanks for the translations.

Have to comment that I like the Mr Golfer. Just glad that he has gracefully accepted that ES won't have any romantic feelings for him and is very supportive of her.

So now the question on my mind is how to tell a 10 year old like WJ the real circumstances of her birth and who ES is ? :shocked:

• Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

47 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Until now, I still think that Ki Bum is KHR son. That man with the hat is the one who gave Yoon's document to her. We don't know what is that mysterious man role, but I do think that man was there 10 years ago. Whether the secretary is involved or not, I'm not sure. 

Those documents were DNA reports 

Secretary Yoon showed this paper to Kim Ho Ran. Even the audio file was there. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29578b23b861faca90c3

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Hi everyone 

I still haven’t finished watching episode 12. The cliffhanger of each episode is so frustrating. So far Ji Eun Soo told Ji Min what happened the night her husband died. Then Ji Min told her about KHR’s terrible deeds to keep her in jail. 
Ji Min spoke to KHR and told her he is scared of her. She has the audacity to say that “stop pointing an arrow to my heart and everything will be fine “ I love that she (KHR) assumed that Ji Min would start would stop being with JES. Poor JM mistook her threats were only about his investigation. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2954aa2a716be7d2e0d8

So now we know the people KHR bought to destroy ES were all given jobs at her company. First the Warden at the prison got a job there, the nurse who treated ES 10 years ago was given a job at DL Cosmetics group. I think KHR was really smart by hiring them. This way they will never come to her to blackmail her later on since they have a job that pays them well.

It is funny that this woman couldn't even recognize her after all these years. IT really disgust me, she is the reason she got such a nice job but you can't even remember betraying her. 

While watching this scene i was waiting for the other show to drop. SM is so pathetic. She thought she could get her ex MIL to stop them from dating but kept the most important fact from her. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I really love Ji Amin’s mom. She is a mature, honest and loving mom. I almost said this is a first time I witnessed this type of mom but there were other drama where the ML’s mom was caring and put her so first. 
Kim Ho Ran 

I was rather shocked she allowed her Chaebol son marry an average woman. Wasn’t the rest of you shocked?? She actually was nice her DIL. She even wanted her to come back home. After losing her son KHR has made sure to ruin her DIL life but as of now “ I am starting to think that Jeon Ki Bum may not have been her bioligcal son but she did raise him". Question is did she love him or her guilt of what happened to him is driving her crazy. Because of guilt she wanted to lash out to the one person JKB loved. Maybe he didn't love KHR as much as he loves Ji Eun Soo. 

We now know Secretary Yoon did two Genetic test. One between WJ and ES but who did he do the other report against. JKB is dead so how would he able to do it agains the KHR.

Just theorizing right Now lol

I am guessing he did it agains't WJ and KHR to see if they are related by the paternal side. What if results came back by the maternal side instead of Paternal side. Meaning Ji Eun Soo is her daughter. She is terrorizong her daughter because it was in her delusional mind " JES ruined everything when she showed up in front of her precious son. LOl LOLlol The son she loved wholeheartedly   Let me stop lol My imagination is just going crazy and needed to let this out. 

• Like 3

Hwang Hyu Soon ( JM's mom) actually decided to trust JES. She gave them her permition to marry. Chose to keep the secret and take it to the grave. But then someone chose to let this secret out of the bag. We all know who did this.

Se Mi that disgusting woman. I hate woman like those the most. Her reasoning for cheating was because she couldn't get pregant ( not the actual words she used) but that is what I am thinking of. She had so many choices to make before going that route for being unhappy. From the Flashback WJ asked her not to go. She cause WJ to have a major trauma ( fear of being alone with her mom and not depend on her). SM believes in opposing her opinion on her daughter. When what WJ wants is to spend time with her. SM being so dumb makes sure WJ becomes afraid of JES and in the process triggers an asthma attack. I have never met such a dumb second lead to have not realized that she is BEING USED. In the process of being used she will lose her daughter's trust because I am positive she will find out JES is her mom ( biological mom) and she will start to hate SM because SM actually new about this too. 

• Like 3

O This moment was so touching. JES was surprised at what JM’s mom said to her. I was moved and felt like crying i refused to let tears fall because, It would take a long time for me to stop.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29afc3279def87385ffe

Spoiler

The Blushing bride is so beautiful. She asked if she was okay, he ended up making her blush. So cute 

The wedding looks so pretty . 

JES’s friend will pay for her lies. She will one day end up meeting the Prison Warden at D.O Group and be forced to lie for them to protect her secret. The Question is will she betray JES till the end or will her conscious push her to do the right thing. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@UnniSara so many dramas , so little time . :wow2:. But I am very happy I caught the episode just now. It was really a roller coaster of emotions.  In 70 mins - there was just so much going on. I found myself tearing up for ES. Honestly, this woman needs a break. 

I didn't think they'd get married this quickly ( almost got married ) but I am happy  because it wasn't just a contract marriage. Though I love all these crazy contract marriage plots! JM said what he felt - and I was glad he really does love her . What I'd like to know though is how ES feels as well. As in I hope that she has this realisation that she has indeed fallen for JM , and that she is not just merely touched by his kindness.  I like the romance in this drama - it is not exactly the giddy sweep off your feet sort of love story, and heck the pace is so fast,  but I am so drawn to their love story. 

Yes, I cannot stand KHR , that's for sure. But SeMi really got me annoyed. So much for loving WJ - which mum would leave her 10 year old in a restaurant alone? And that ending - what a way to traumatise a young girl - she knows that WJ adores ES... 

OncoMGI.png

So now the million dollar question is what the 2nd DNA test is about...could it be something related to the actual killer ? I believe that number that Yoon kept saying before he died is the related to the the columbarium where ES' dad's ashes are. Perhaps it is the serial number. What I do remember clearly is that Yoon hid some documents inside his columbarium. 

KHR did not kill her own son (nor have a hand in it) - she loves him too much. It's linked to that mysterious man we saw in the preview. But why would that person want KHR's son dead? Again there's a lot of mystery here that needs unfolding. KHR sincerely believes that ES killed her son which is why she'd never let ES live in peace. I believe she made sure the nurse didn't testify , not because she did not want to get to the truth ,but because she wanted to protect her son's image. It would have been scandalous if the son was known to be abusive.

@ktcjdrama @LaLa @SilverMoonTea @im0202 @atingngpex any thoughts or speculations?

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

KHR did not kill her own son (nor have a hand in it) - she loves him too much. It's linked to that mysterious man we saw in the preview. But why would that person want KHR's son dead?

@abs-oluteM  This is the part I can’t analyze. The strong hatred she has for losing him doesn’t seem fake but why did Jeon Ki Bum die??? Why was he killed??

KHR seems to be terrified about this DNA results. Even her precious secretary/ Personal assistant doesn’t know about??? The men that killed JKB and Secretary Yoon what is his connection to KHR? Why can he be so arrogant?? What does he want ??

• Like 3

You guys are right, there are so many questions we wonder about what exactly happened that night and why, I am not even going to speculate anymore. I shared earlier that I am guessing it has something to do with KHR’s current young assistant. But actually, I got him mixed up with another actor. He wasn’t the person I thought he is, so no, he isn’t as big an actor as I have thought. 

I am going to guess that it wasn’t SM who told WJ about JES being a murderer. The way she got out of her car frantically doesn’t seem like she is trying to tell WJ as last minute attempt to stop the wedding, but more like she is trying to stop whomever that is from telling WJ, but she was too late. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

KCM - I'm more afraid  Lie after Lie OST 5

Check the rating to this drama. It is doing so well 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@UnniSara really so glad that the drama has been going from strength to strength. I read on Naver that even Channel A has being doing re-runs and they get very good ratings too. 

So they released some article on Naver  about the BEST 3 scenes with the greatest impact

2020101408511242633_1.jpg

Translations in spoiler ( using Papago)

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020101408511242633

Spoiler

The moment when ten years of desperate faith were betrayed! a tragedy in which everything is mixed up (the first episode)

Ji Eun-soo, who had been jailed for 10 years for murdering her husband, went to see the child she had missed so much right after she was released from prison. For a moment, an incredible truth unfolded before his eyes, surprising the small screen.

Kim Ho-ran (Lee Il-hwa), a mother-in-law who said she would raise her granddaughter well, has already ordered her to kill her 10 years ago, and her daughter's whereabouts have become unknown even if she is alive or dead. While dramatically portraying Ji Eun-soo's crumbling hopes of enduring long years with longing for her daughter, the first episode's ending, which hinted that her child was alive somewhere, captivated viewers at once, showing the unrivaled atmosphere of the suspense melodrama.

The start of a close romance! Start of a life-threatening lie (eps 4)

After finding out that her daughter, who only thought she was dead, was adopted by Kang Ji-min, Ji Eun-soo prepared to leave for her child's happiness. However, Ji-su's determination was shaken not only by her precious time with her biological daughter for a while, but also by the fact that her mother's seat was empty due to Kang's divorce.

In the end, Ji Eun-soo showed up in front of Kang Ji-min, who came on a business trip to cover the local festival, posing as a coincidence, signaling the beginning of a new relationship. Ji Eun-soo, who hid her dangerous innermost thoughts behind her dazzling beautiful smile, and Kang Ji-min, who began to develop her emotions without knowing anything, opened the first chapter of the romance, raising the heart rate of the small screen.

◆ The irrevocable confrontation! A tragic death and suspicion that he returned to square one (9th episode)

Ji Eun-soo thoroughly hid the child's existence for fear that her daughter, Kang Woo-joo, would be threatened, but the tension grew even more as Kim Ho-ran, who noticed it, resumed revenge. Yoon Sang-gyu (played by Lee Won-jong), who owed his heart to Ji Eun-soo's mother and daughter a long time ago, stepped up to reveal the true nature of Kim Ho-ran. However, he suffered a terrible crash in front of Ji Eun-soo and Kang Ji-min, and the truth that had almost been revealed was once again far away, frustrating viewers.

The scene, which showed Kim Ho-ran's coldness, gave an all-time shock with its dramatic production, maximizing the genre characteristics of the suspense melodrama that only "Lies of Lies." It also added to the excitement of the murder a decade ago.

Only four episodes of "Lies of Lies," which has repeatedly shown an upward trend in viewer ratings, have been left in the past 12 episodes, topping the same time slot of all channels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1

@abs-oluteM @LaLa @ktcjdrama and other viewers. What do you think of Jung Mi-Jin? Is she a good friend? Do you think she stand by Ji Eun Soo proudly when the times comes?

I have no idea what to think. Instinctively I want to say she will betray JES because she doesn’t want to lose her husband. I had hope that she would have admitted to being friends to JES because when times was tough JES was there for her. Did JMJ make the right decision to hide JES??

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f7ca23a39ac1e1a0be
ES looks so sad and starts to feel guilty 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f7ca23a39ac1e1a0be

Please let me know your thoughts. 

• Like 3

@UnniSara I think she is a good friend. But she does have to protect her family too. She lied about her background to the husband, wanting to have a new life. It’s the same as what JES did, lying, or rather, covering up her background so that she could marry JM and be with her daughter. If not found out, ES will continue with the lie and she will be in the same position as JMJ. Not able to openly admit who she is. They both do look out for each other. At this point, it is understandable for JMJ to be hesitant and ES is not expecting her to acknowledge their relationship too because she knows well the stigma of an ex-con in their society. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Hello everyone ~ 

A newcomer on this thread. I just started watching this 3 days ago and now I'm up to ep 9. I skipped ep 1 and 2 and read the reviews on those 2 eps. I started from ep 3 onwards. I skimmed through ep 10-12 recap by @ktcjdrama because I just can't wait to sort of find out what's happening after ep9 hhahaha. So glad you did the recap (thank you!). 

When I started watching I went...ahhh...so this is what makjang is like :lol: sure it has the worst baddies (ehem..that MIL is truly evil with no redemption in sight so far -.- well..at up to ep 9). Ok sure she lost her son ... errrr.... but killing her own granddaugther?????? Who would do that??? :idk: and she went on this journey to ensure our FL would never be happy again in her life... and along the way also ruined Mr Yoon's family by threatening him with his son. Oh well...that's why it's called MAKJANG right? 

Because it's only a drama, so I'm able to accept it..but otherwise, somehow prior to ep 9, FL's actions were also stalkerish and although I was teary watching some of her scenes with her daughter, but I couldn't shake the feelings of creepiness. If this were another drama, she could've been a villain with the kind of behaviours hahahaha. 

I love YJH and he played his character really well. It feels like he'd be like that in real life. And I also love Lee Yu Ri's voice...very soothing :zzzz: 

Okie, I'll see you again the next time I'm able to catch up with the last ep~ 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Woot ! @SnowBlob Glad you’re on board . I love this drama & am always so excited for new episodes. I can’t even predict what will happen given how quickly things move . 

———

srjuvyY.jpg

latest stills explanation for eps 13

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/410/0000735628

In the photos released on this day, Ji Eun-soo is sitting in the bride's waiting room. Ji Eun-soo, who was waiting for the wedding to begin with a fluttering heart, accepts the meaningful letter sent to her and her expression is stiff, predicting an uneasy development. 

Kim Ho-ran (played by Ilhwa Lee) staring at something with a sharp gaze is also captured, making it possible to guess that she is behind the coming tragedy. 

Curiosity amplifies with what kind of conspiracy Kim Ho-ran plotted, and what is in the letter delivered to Ji Eun-soo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 2

4 hours and 21 minutes to go before Episode 13 airs   And the countdown starts now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Here comes episode 13...

Back to where we left off last week with WJ asking whether ES really killed a person. There was a rewind to JM visiting ES at the waiting room. Then followed by the parents and WJ entering the room. WJ gave ES a hug. Her BFF is outside peeking inside and wishing her to live happily.

Outside, some pictures are being put up for display. One of them is of the new family, one hand shown touching it, specifically ES's face.

Cut to SM in her room, packing. She made a call to her boss, asking for a leave because she wants to rest for personal reason. She also asked to transfer David's management to another person. She got a call. It's KHR, she is standing in front of the picture, she was the one touching the picture. She told SM that she is at the wedding venue, and since SM cannot fulfil what she wants, she will do it herself. 

ES in her waiting room, someone handed her an envelope. When she opened it, it's her wedding picture with the ex-husband.

SM is rushing to the venue. Cut to WJ telling the grandparents she lost her flower hairband. She went inside the waiting room to find it. KHR is there, is this what you're looking for? KHR asked her how she is feeling? WJ is a bit afraid of her, she asked why? WJ said her father said not to talk to her. KHR said I see. She turned to leave the room from another door. SM is at the door, she didn't see WJ inside. They talked and foolish SM blurted out the fact that ES killed her husband while trying to confront KHR why is she messing with WJ. KHR of course just carry on with the conversation. Then we cut back to WJ tearing and asking ES. The audience made some comments. Aunt said that it's impossible. WJ said she heard her mother said it. JM said hear me explain, but WJ didn't want to and left, she fainted. KHR looking from a window. No expression.

WJ is brought to the hospital, everyone else rushed there. JM's Dad is angry and wanted to talk to ES himself to confirm. Mom said no need, it's the truth. Dad and Aunt shocked that Mom already knows. 

In Doc's office, there are some things he needs to decide about WJ's condition.

Cut to David asking why SM did that. SM said no she didn't do it, She was talking to KHR. David knew KHR is up to no good. SM thinks back and realised she has been used. She is angry and got up but David stopped her, telling her to leave KHR to him.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif