Lie of Lies / 거짓말의 거짓말 [2020]

UnniSara

What will Ji Min do ?   

10 members have voted

1. 1. What will Kang Ji Min do now knowing that Eun Soo is Woo Joo's real mother?

• Help Eun Soo clear her name
    • Convince Eun Soo to get treatment and start an investigation
    • Keep Woo Joo away from her
    • MARRY HER!

This poll is closed to new votes

@-StrongTower-  @LaLa  @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob   Lee YuRi singing Spring Like a Lie 

https://youtu.be/U_fyuNgG7wE

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

@UnniSara she has such a sweet voice . I like the way she talks as well...so gentle and comforting:heart:

Me too @abs-oluteM When I  first heard the song , I knew I knew the voice it sounded so familiar but couldn’t quite connect the dots until this video. 
For some reason this video could not be embedded 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

10 hours ago, UnniSara said:

@-StrongTower-  @LaLa  @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM @SnowBlob   Lee YuRi singing Spring Like a Lie 

https://youtu.be/U_fyuNgG7wE

Hide contents

Oh she sings apart from being a great actress.

I saw her first in Father is Strange. She both nailed her characters in FiS and now in Lie of Lies

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

New stills from  Sports Chosun

2020102401001802600121711.jpg

Translated with papago

In the 15th episode, which airs at 10:50 pm today (23rd), the confrontation between the embattled Lee Il-hwa (played by Kim Ho-ran) and Yeon Jung-hoon (played by Kang Ji-min) who tries to reveal her true identity is drawing keen attention.

Earlier, Kim Ho-ran (played by Lee Il-hwa) told Kang Ji-min (played by Yeon Jung-hoon) that "Only Ji Eun-soo (played by Lee Yu-ri) should leave." If you do that, I will let you live with your daughter," she said, offering to secure surgery for her daughter, Kang Woo-joo (played by Ko Na-hee. However, Kang Ji-min, who pretended to accept the proposal, dug into her corruption and put Kim Ho-ran in danger by finding out and revealing the circumstances of the slush fund creation.

Meanwhile, Kang Ji-min and Kim Ho-ran is shown  in the interrogation room. In the released photo, Kang Ji-min shines a sharp look at Kim Ho-ran, drawing attention to whether he will reveal the truth to the end with a sense of duty as a reporter.

On the other hand, Kim Ho-ran is in crisis, but she does not show any emotional agitation, causing tension. To make matters worse, Kang Woo-joo is not her granddaughter, and she has nowhere to back down. Questions are mounting over whether the embattled Kim Ho-ran will collapse like this or what her last counterattack would be.

It is all the more exciting to see who will be the eventual winner between Ji Eun-soo and Kim Ho-ran, and whether Kang Ji-min, who sparks a sense of duty as a reporter, will play a decisive role in putting an end to the conflict.

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep.15

KHR returned to her building. Just then, the investigators came with the blue boxes to search her office.

JM and ES are otw to WJ's room with flowers, but ES decided not to go in and handed the flowers to him. She assured him with a smile that she is fine. I think she is worried about WJ still having a prejudice towards her. JM entered the room, WJ quickly hid something, JM handed WJ the flowers and told her that ES got it for her and she was there too but WJ's heart/feelings is the most important. He also told WJ that they've got the hospital approval for ES to go for surgery. WJ asked JM if she will really get well with her surgery? then what about Teacher? Won't she feel pain? 

Night time, WJ asleep on the desk of her bed. SM came in and laid her properly. She picked up the drawing that WJ was doing. When WJ woke up, there is a letter from SM, apologising to her because she couldn't bear to speak to her personally, thus the letter. More stuff she talked about, basically owning to her previous misdeeds. And she also added good stuff about ES.  

KHR is at her house. Assistant fetched her and they both got into the car. As they try to drive away, ES stopped the car. ES questioned her about some stuff, sorry couldn't pay attention, because I have to answer a phone call... but basically about the son JKB, Yoon, KHR's image. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

KHR reached a building, lots of reporters outside pressing her with questions. She just said she will cooperate with the investigation.

At the police station, the gamblers who were caught are being investigated. One of the officers recognised the guy with spectacles from earlier CCTV at Yoon's suicide site..

ES brought WJ's friends to hospital. They greeted JM warmly. JM got the call from police, he rushed to the police station. Police questioned the guy in a room, with JM standing in the corner. JM mentioned Yoon's name. The guy who at first took off his glasses and hat, put them back on. More questioning, JM even mentioned KHR's name. 

JM and officer went out, didn't managed to get him to talk. JM asked to see his phone. Officer took out a box of stuff confiscated from the gamblers, one of it is a gold watch.

WJ having a great time with her friends. The friends singing and dancing. BFF came out of the room when she noticed ES is standing outside. BFF asked her are you still feeling uncomfortable around WJ? ES said she must be so shocked, after all she was supposedly a murderer. She wants WJ to be feeling good, instead of making her feel stressed by her presence. Later she will spend time with WJ. BFF asked when will that be? ES said at least now she can face JM's family openly without covering anything, and more stuff. All these are overheard by JM's mother who was just around the corner.

KHR is under investigation. The prosecutor (?) seems to be losing it by raising his voice, while KHR is still answering everything calmly and confidently. They mentioned Kim Hyang Mi.

The specs guy at the police station, asking to make a call. Call didn't go through, so he left a message.

JM at a cafe on the phone. Someone is updating him with KHR's investigation. Not going well, it seems. ES arrived, asking him what's the matter? JM told her that the killer of Yoon has been caught, as they talked, ES noticed the photos of stuff confiscated by police which are on the table. She saw the gold watch and was so shocked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Specs guy left the police station. Someone outside picked him up, saying that it's KHR's order. The car is driven to a dark tunnel, the guy went out, and JM went in, questioning the guy about his relationship with KHR. He showed the guy news clip that KHR is being investigated. He also showed him the picture of gold watch. Mentioned JKB's name, Specs guy panicked and ran out of the car, just then police car came. He couldn't go anywhere. ES was there too, she asked if he was the one who killed JKB? He denied of course, but ES asked why he has the watch then, because JKB has it on the night he was killed. Police trying to convince him to work together for lighter sentence. He wasn't budging, so JM about to leave, and he finally confessed. He did kill Yoon, but not JKB. What about the watch then? ES asked. That night, he was late, he bumped into someone leaving (we're not shown the face). He said he only took the watch. More talk which I didn't catch well. Cut to JM, ES and officer went to a pawn shop, I think, and there they got a voice recorder. It's a recording of KHR calling that guy. As KHR's voice instructing the guy about "that night", officetel address, we see Assistant updating KHR about the specs guy. Then we also have scene of KHR sitting down in front of JKB's painting, thinking back to many talks with ES.

Police station. The got a warrant to arrest KHR, about to depart, but KHR walking by. She is turning herself in, that she murdered a person. Officer put on handcuffs on her while reading her rights. Cut to breaking news broadcast about KHR turning herself in. BFF saw it, also David, SM, and ES.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

We see the previous warden being arrested as well, and the nurse who didn't turn up as ES's witness.

KHR being questioned at the police station. JM came by and got to question KHR himself too. JM asked why she even killed her son. Turned out that the husband used to beat up KHR since JKB was little boy. When he got older as a teenager, he actually defended her and smashed the head of his father with crystal ashtray. When JKB got older, he was addicted to drugs and KHR walked in on him. He seems to have hallucinations about his father and very scared. She said she realised the son she loves has died already. I'm not sure but it seems that she killed him to end his misery because he is beyond help??

ES at her rooftop, thinking about what she has gone through and her promise to WJ. JM came, and hugged her. ES just cried into his embrace.... I cried too.

TV is showing KHR's news again. JM's family watching and making comments. JM came by and they asked why he is here when they're about to go to hospital anyway. He said smilingly that he has something to say. Cut to ES visiting her father, reporting to him about what happened, with a smile on her face. She got a text message from SM, apologising to her about what happened recently. Along with the text, she attached a portrait of ES, drawn by WJ. Cut to ES arriving at WJ's room. The family told WJ that ES has cleared her name, you saw the news, right? ES came to WJ's bed and the mother-daughter reconciled with a hug... My eyes teary again... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

JM's family went outside. Dad wondering when they will tell WJ about ES being the mother. Aunt said yeah it's difficult, not to mention her dad not being her dad. Mother scolded her for calling ES that woman, instead of sis-in-law. haha...

ES and JM at a flower cart. ES trying to decide which bouquet is prettier. JM said ES is prettier :love: ES felt embarrassed, apologised to the seller and quickly walked away. JM bought both of the bouquets. They walked hand in hand, even enjoying street music performance. They returned to ES's rooftop where it is already decorated with romantic mood. Candlelight dinner time.... they had the wine that they made together previously. ES thanked JM for all these times he believed in her. JM handed her an envelope. ES opened it. It's the family register. JM told her that now they're family. He asked for her left hand, and put on the ring for her. He also asked ES to put on his ring. I'm all smiles now.... :love: Finally....

JM came into his office. Colleague welcomed him with applause and congratulations for KHR's coverage. He got a call from ES. Cut to ES with WJ drawing on her bed. David came to visit. WJ recognised him. He praised her good memory. ES introduced him as long time friend. WJ said so you've known her since young. Yes, and she is as pretty as you. He gave her a present. ES walked David out. ES said she wished for WJ to be healthy.

JM visited ES's father.

ES at home packing some stuff while telling WJ on the phone that she'll be there soon. She looked at her notes again, at the number 6049. Then someone knocked on the door. It's the Assistant. He said he has something to say.

Some staff of the columbarium walked over to where JM was and mentioned the number 6049. JM is shocked and asked what is the number. Staff explained. They opened the niche and JM found what Yoon left. There is a USB. JM watched it in his car, it's the CCTV of ES's father accident. The assistant was the one who drove the car. Cut to him inside ES's apartment, saying he has something to tell her about 10 years ago. Then his phone rang. It's the tone that ES remembered! ~ end of episode

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Thanks loads for the recaps @ktcjdrama ...not surprised KHR kiled JKB but didn't expect her to do it herself and turn herself in so easily. I can see why she did it but it was wrong of course.  
The drama has already come so far,  I really hope nothing happens to ES ...

Can't seem to find a preview

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

13 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Can't seem to find a preview

There was preview. Just that lots of things were happening, so I couldn't make out too much of the conversation.

But ES was hurt a little bit, can see some wounds on her beautiful face. I thought it was a flashback because we see her speaking on the phone with KHR, but then she was at the hospital with the same scratches. Then there was also ES and WJ getting ready for the surgery and being pushed into the surgery room together with JM walking at the side. Also scene of KHR in prison clothes. That's all I remembered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There was preview. Just that lots of things were happening, so I couldn't make out too much of the conversation.

But ES was hurt a little bit, can see some wounds on her beautiful face. I thought it was a flashback because we see her speaking on the phone with KHR, but then she was at the hospital with the same scratches. Then there was also ES and WJ getting ready for the surgery and being pushed into the surgery room together with JM walking at the side. Also scene of KHR in prison clothes. That's all I remembered.

ooo they finally released the preview. But who hurt her ? 

@LaLa If time permits , hope you can translate this. Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Preview for the finale episode

rough translations

ES: But why me? Why did you do that to me?
HR: Because you lied to me. Your lies made you become like this
HR: I thought you were in my side but you betrayed me
KB: Mom, mom save me. Please save me
ES: You. You keep lying until the end
HR: It's all your fault! It's because of your lies!
Lawyer: It's an opportunity for us
HR: So don't feel safe because it's not over between us
Doctor: She has finished signing all the documents about the donor process
WJ: Daddy
JM: Dad will be here to protect you
ES: I will be with you so don't feel afraid
ES: For being able to be at Woo Joo and your side, it's a miracle for me
ES: So, don't be sad because of me
JM: I love you

@abs-oluteM Yeon Jung Hoon did have a kiss scene in the MBC weekend drama, I don't remember if it's long or just a short one. Lee Yu Ri also filmed several kiss scenes. As far as I remember when I watch 2 of her dramas, she did film for a kiss scenes. :Ghastlel:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Everyone  @ktcjdrama @LaLa @abs-oluteM

KHR has been protecting her biological son. Her biological son killed her husband because he was abusing her. Sure it was self defense but little KJB witnesses the milieu so he was tormented of that event. From what I gathered, he was still that scared little boy.  Let me know what you guys think . Thank you for recap and translation guys 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Everyone  @ktcjdrama @LaLa @abs-oluteM

KHR has been protecting her biological son. Her biological son killed her husband because he was abusing her. Sure it was self defense but little KJB witnesses the milieu so he was tormented of that event. From what I gathered, he was still that scared little boy.  Let me know what you guys think . Thank you for recap and translation guys 

We may need to wait for subs. I don't think there is another biological son. From what I remembered, her flashback was in 3 different occasions (from her different clothes). So JKB had been witnessing the abuse since he was a little boy. When he grew older, he hit his father, but yeah, he was traumatised by his own action of killing his father. I think... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

We may need to wait for subs. I don't think there is another biological son. From what I remembered, her flashback was in 3 different occasions (from her different clothes). So JKB had been witnessing the abuse since he was a little boy. When he grew older, he hit his father, but yeah, he was traumatised by his own action of killing his father. I think... 

there was the flashback scene when Kim Ho Ran was getting beaten by a man. A teenager showed up and hit him with the ashtray and then he said Omma!! In that same scene we saw a little boy huddled at the corner. 
i am assuming that the driver/assistant is her biological son. 
also when the drive came to see ES , made sure she heard the tune while he was talking to her.

I think the little boy was KGB and the teenager is the one who killed her husband. The boy with the ashtray had  the same look the assistant had when he was watching ES when she heard the tune. Will record and let you see it 

@ktcjdrama

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@UnniSara I watched with subs already. I can confirm there is no another biological son. It was the same boy shown in the flashback of physical abuse towards KHR. 3 different stages, when he was a little boy crouching behind sofa, an older boy hiding behind pillar, and a teenager walking without fear towards his father. KHR decided to kill him because he was beyond help with his addiction and trauma for killing his father. She wasn’t going to pass down the company she has worked so hard for to such a person. She said she wanted to end his misery. 

However, we might be in for yet another twist. I am not sure what the Assistant true relationship with KHR. He could be her hidden biological son that she is protecting by confessing to both murder. Because she clearly knows he was responsible for JKB, ES’s father, and Yoon’s death. Why she would turn herself in made me wonder why she didn’t just put the blame on the Assistant, or ask him to sacrifice himself (pay lots of money) and take the blame for her. She is already in jail, but Assitant still seek out JES to make her pay, instead of quitting his job. He sure is one very devoted employee too...?? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Hello Lies watchers!

I am here to share about an upcoming forum game that will be part of Jang Haven's upcoming 100th day celebrations!

This game is organised by members, with members, for members and staff to get to know one another better! Check out this thread for more information to sign up!

P/S: If you stumbled across Jang Haven recently, come join us and start chatting about the dramas you are watching. So many good ones this season that we can't stop talking about! :MewWave:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Party! 1

This assistant is so very addicted, why is that?? That is what I am wondering about. Although Kim Ho Ran claims to love JGB but I still fell that all her feelings are fake. She disgust me because her hatred for ES was to raw and intense. Claiming to wanting to protect the company. The company isn't even her's and it was about greed. Looking at the ending of episode 15, the assistant could have left it as that but he didn't. He went to try to hurt ES for what reason. 

I can never understand evil people. They are so dumb, they harassed the people they fear and hate which only lead to their own destructions. Why can't they see that?? ES never tried to clear her name. She just wanted to know her child. She was minding her own business but KHR couldn't stop harassing her. lol lol 

@ktcjdrama

• Like 4