Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

Hey WG shippers ...maybe we can really have 6 babies since Jeong Wan plans to propose soon! Jun Wan can help babysit

If I understand the preview correctly there should be positive development for IkSong

• Like 3
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

It was a really good episode. Didn't realise that it was ending until I heard that familiar chime marking the end of the episode. 

I cried quite a bit towards the end, and through that death we had the chance to listen to our lacking-5's early experiences as interns, which I am thankful for, to be reminded that doctors are humans with emotions too. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episodes 6 full or marriage talk and signal in the beginning (Jeong Won wants to propose for Gyeo Ul soon. Seok Min indirect proposal and Seon Bin answering it directly to him) and to teach us that it's okay to make mistakes. There are times when we don't know everything and we need time and experience to learn from it and become better. 

It's okay to cry it's okay to make mistakes because that what make us a human. That's what differentiates us from robot and machine. I really like the song choice for this episode. And to make it more better our favourite band Mido and Falasol will sing the OST!

For now original songs while waiting for the OST to be released tomorrow noon KST

Lee Han Chul - Superstar

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Quick update of the characters from tvn site for 2021 timeline in Yulje Medical Center

- Ik Jun has been promoted from assistant professor to associate professor. He's on the same level with Jun Wan and Song Hwa now

- Gyeo Ul has become a fellow for HBP. Despite the love calls from other professors, she chose to work with Ik Jun. She wants to be a good senior to her juniors. She still remains as her old self, but she is more passionate about her patients.

- Seok Min and Seon Bin have become NS fellows. Seok Min is back to Yulje to learn more because he realised he still need to learn more. And also to earn more money. 

Seon Bin still hesitate to handle and make a lone judgment about her patients but with Song Hwa by her side, she feel assured. 

- Min Ha has become a chief resident for Obstetrics and Gynecology. She is still hoping for her remaining 4 chances to not bring a heart broken results.

- Jae Hak has become comfortable as a cardio-thoracic surgeon. He also becomes more understood about Joon Wan and want to be a good doctor to his patients. 

- Woo Joo is happily dating with Mo Ne but his father is still the best person for him. He can't wait to spend time with Ik Jun and go camping together. 

- Ik Sun felt upset and sorry when she knew that Jun Wan couldn't be honest because he's wary of her, so she chose to not become his burden and ask for break up. :letalQQ:

- Yun Bok and Hong Do has officially become Yulje family. They are still making many mistakes but they vow to work hard and become a better doctors 

When I have the time I'll do read the characters description more thoroughly and share a detailed one. 

Ep 6 has reach a new time high record for ratings! 13,2% :pandachamp:

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Watching the "dark side" of this show is always hard for me because many dealing with lost. That's the dynamic of hospital, the opposite of life, I know. But episode 6 is talk about death most, beside mistakes of rookie. Dealing with death is never easy. It triggers emotionally, it is humane, include the doctors. I like how the 5 friends talk about it in the last minutes, it such heartwarming to know. I barely remember about that scene when my mother passed away at ICU after long fight for cancer. I got confused when one of the nurse got scolded because cry with me. So with that little piece of memory, I have to say I'm veerrryyy agree with Seokhyeong said about doctor can shows up the emotional side because they are simply human as long it's not crossing the line. And again I fallin' love with Junwan harder. I adore his wise, that doctor needs to be responsible, but it's ok to feel.

Also the highlight I remember most is when baby born not normal, mother tends to guilt only herself. And the guilty feeling often is supported by mother-in-law without such base gzzz. Asia can relate, I guess. I like how Jeongwon made it clear. Again, that's why I love Hospital Playlist. It could be the way to inspire fellow doctors, or even family.

The father of kid that just joined internship when the intern made fault is so sweet & understanding. We have to try best, of course, but when mistake is there encounters good people like him, I wish moree of people cool like him :heart:

And it's beautiful theme. Beginner mistakes. How everyone is struggling. The closing song feels warm. I adore lacking 5 as inspiration to become wise senior. They are really greaaat seniors. And there is some too in our real life, but it still can counted, I guess. I hope again there are mooooreeeee of seniors like them. World needs more :heart:

P. S.

Wintergardeners, are we really going to wedding party?!!

HHHAHAHA poor Junwan, it is sad and funny when he anxiously asked Jeongwon about marry plan. He can bid to become babysit helper indeed @abs-oluteM but I'm afraid of his temper LOL

Junwan lemme hug youuuuu. He still not move on and I like he is clear about that. The way he refuses for chance when his heart is not ready. And Ikjun still do what sister asked to.. When we have their development to Junwan said as bro, best friend "actually, I love your sis.. I'm serious about her" (well my version is cheesy but, kind of in meanings) to Ikjun? Aw.

IkjooSong camping, are they teasing or.. Oh gosh we have to wait 2 weeks.. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Haven't finished watching this episode yet since not enough time, but this scene cracked me up so much, and The Swoon had posted a clip of it.

So, no translations since the clip is subtitled, but thought I would explain the final joke on this clip. The attending asks for a "seolapja" meaning a tongue depresser. However, a "seolap" can mean a dresser drawer or a desk drawer while a "ja" can mean a ruler. That's why in the final bit, when the attending looks at him holding a drawer in disbelief, IJ asks if he perhaps meant a ruler instead. :laugh:

Also, so cheeky of IJ to tell this story as if to demonstrate a past mistake of JWon's when it's his own mistake. :lmao2:

• Insightful 3
  • Haha 3
16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

but thought I would explain the final joke on this clip. The attending asks for a "seolapja" meaning a tongue depresser. However, a "seolap" can mean a dresser drawer or a desk drawer while a "ja" can mean a ruler. That's why in the final bit, when the attending looks at him holding a drawer in disbelief, IJ asks if he perhaps meant a ruler instead

Thanks for explaining this part. Was going to ask you about it too because the subs definitely does not explain it 😅

IkSong camping trip ~ it’s finally going to happen!! :eeeee:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 6 was a cute episode actually, despite the sad moments. It was full of mistakes that doctors may make when they were young interns and residents, with the message that those kinds of mistakes are ones that everyone goes through. Loved how IJ remembered all of his friends' little mistakes and was able to relate it to the others.

SHwa's mistake was kind of cute, and consisting of more word play. As he was talking about positioning the patient in the OR, the attending doctor had yelled "pillow first" which phonetically sounds very close to "stick to the wall", so SHwa backed up until she was flat against the wall. Which, if she had been thinking about it, the command wouldn't have made any sense at all since she was contaminating herself by touching the wall, and thus would have had to leave the OR. However, she's so obedient to her teachers that she unquestioningly did what she thought her attending had ordered her to do. LOL

I feel so badly for JWan. He's pretty much wearing his heart on his sleeve, confessing that he's not over his ex-gf, not realizing that IJ knows who his ex-gf is. If JWan had known, I doubt that he would have been as open with IJ being right there.

I did like how JWan mentioned that he wasn't embarrassed about crying after his first pronouncement of death, but that he was embarrassed that he had hidden in the bathroom, crouching in the toilet, secretly crying his eyes out. I appreciate that both JWan and SHyeong both advocate for crying with their patients and the families if moved to do so. It's definitely more a way of showing empathy for their patients.

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

IkSong camping trip ~ it’s finally going to happen!! 

I really, really hope so. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the camping scene in the preview was a bait and switch, and it's really JWon and GW having a camping vacation instead.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Managed to catch the 1st half hour and I was just amused by all the bungling of the new interns. We've all been there haven't we? New at the job and nervous. The one that cracked me up a lot was Hong Do literally going out of the labour room when he was told "Richardson" out.  Even Yun Bok who is smarter was not spared first day jitters & mistakes. Apart from our new interns, I was also tickled by the scene of Seon Bin flexing her wealth when Seok Min mentioned he needed money to get married. He is proposing , indirectly at least, and her offering her money is her way of saying yes. These two. Finally good to see the NS team back together (sans ACH of course.)

I think this is the magic of HP2 that we come to even look forward and feel invested in the growth of the supporting characters. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Was able to finish eps 5 and somehow my heart hurts for Jun Wan. It has been a year of heartbreak for him and when he had to tell  the parents of the baby that their child will not be able to survive, it somewhat amplifies the sadness within him.  I could tell how much Ik Jun wanted to reach out to him when he said he still hasn't gotten over his ex, but he could not do so of course. I know they tried to inject some humor into the scenes of JW feeling lonely - for example when he asked if he could live with JWon after he marries. But it made me even sadder because this was all so unnecessary especially when we know that there was no  valid reason (as far as I am concern)  for the separation.

Anyway this was another sweet episode reminding us that even our esteemed professors were once young interns too - not immune to making mistakes . Even the most perfect overachieving ones - SH or JWon for example, had their embarrassing moments . What I like a lot is the advice that the 5 friends seem to agree on- they encourage their interns & students to be open about their grief in front of their patients as long as they don't forget their duties. I thought that was such an empathetic advice - docs are humans after all and there is nothing wrong in showing some emotions.

Another thing that struck me was also seeing Gyeol's growth. I know she felt down after unsuccessfully leading her 1st surgery and needing Ik Jun's help, but skills etc comes with practice and over time. What is more important is that she's always been willing to learn and improve herself. I was happy to see how good a senior she was to the new interns, bonding with them over drinks & explaining things to them. And since I mentioned Gyeol , I must of course bring up JWon. I laughed when she said he's perfect ( not just a perfectionist :lol:). Honestly JWon is an excellent doctor. It's not his skills that I am talking about but it's his EQ and empathy - how he is quick to judge the situation and read the emotions of the patient. I loved it when he told the MIL about how defects in babies cannot be blamed on the mother. He really is a saint.

----------------------

Not surprising ...drama at the top of Good Data rankings. JJS and YYS are in the top 10 too

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Upcoming scenes for the 2nd half of season 2

Sit tight because we will have another roller coaster of emotions while watching it! Prepare some snacks because we will have eating scenes, some tissues to wipe our tears of sadness and laughter! And be prepared of your heart for the upcoming scenes of your favourite love line :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

And be prepared of your heart for the upcoming scenes of your favourite love line :heart:

I saw Andrea crying and at the church . And I am like WG, we better prepare our hearts! 

This was funny...yes SHyeong...are you still going to hold Min A at arm's length?

• Haha 3

They look like a legit pop band. Hahaha... I enjoyed the video of their OST...

Been busy of late so haven't managed to post much, but wanted to say how I thought the time jump was done quite nicely a couple of episodes ago. It wasn't a sudden skip over with a screen text that said "9 months later" or whatever which is common, but that little snippets of life were shown through the changes in seasons and activities. Gave Ujoo a chance to properly "grow up" too. 

I'm going through some changes in seasons of life right now - moving into a new job which involves relocating my family as well - and originally when this new season of HP started, its start and end dates marked clearly the start and end of this transition phase of mine too. However with this delay in episodes, it looks like I'm gonna enter my new season with them too. :love:

Edited by gilaswan
  • Heart Eyes 4
7 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Been busy of late so haven't managed to post much, but wanted to say how I thought the time jump was done quite nicely a couple of episodes ago. It wasn't a sudden skip over with a screen text that said "9 months later" or whatever which is common, but that little snippets of life were shown through the changes in seasons and activities. Gave Ujoo a chance to properly "grow up" too. 

I remember we talk about they better do time jump to give Uju grows make sense. And they did cleverly! The timeline of Ikjun-Iksun eat together is genius idea to me. Nicely doneee

@gilaswan good luck!!! Good wishes for youuuuu:love: superstar! 🎵

• Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I cried so much with the patient's stories tonight... 

Sigh, have to wait another week for next episode :cry:  I'm so impatient to watch our couples development. Don't let the preview saddened you. The closing montage kept giving us our couples scenes, well except the one with JWan and Do Hak of course :laugh: but so sad to see JWan still nursing a broken heart :cry:  this is also another reason why I can't wait for the next episode to air... please give us some development for our Pigeon couple...

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif