Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

Arrggghhh! No new episodes today... :PiplupCry:

On 8/31/2021 at 7:59 AM, -StrongTower- said:

Am I the only one not rooting for IkSong to ship? Haha. I want them to remain as friends. They are better off as friends. I like their friendship chemistry. But if this ship sails, I bet it would still be on the third season.

Season 3???? Really, there is going to be a season 3? Wow, this ship is being paddled with broken oars at this point, I guess.

I do ship IkSong, but mostly because I don't think there is anyone else for either of them. They've both been in other relationships before, and IJ was even married for awhile, but at the end of the day, they both seem happiest and most at ease with each other. Plus, the little things that they do in consideration of the other. I do think that they are going to be besties who become lovers. I am curious about how and when that transition happens though, since IJ has already been shot down by SHwa once. But then again, I figure that it's fair play for when IJ disappointed SHwa when they were in med school by breaking their date.

Anyway, also hoping that SHyeong realizes how much CMH has grown on him, and how comfortable he's become with her. Also, CMH isn't a shrinking flower moving to the whims of her parents or likely to allow herself to be torn apart by his mother like his ex-wife. She is someone who can act without thinking, but anyway is very open about what she's feeling and what she wants. That transparency is something that SHyeong could use in his life as well, and is one of the reasons that he's gravitating towards her. Not to mention that she flat out admitted that she like him, and has not been put off by his rejections thus far.

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Looks like he's OK. No need to worry haha.

But his poor boy was so upset ...the adults didn't want to tell him but I guess he realised it after awhile

But this episode made me smile. Our Gom-gom is sailing :wow:

So many positive scenes tonight.

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Okay, the 2-week wait was totally worth it!!
It was an awesome, a solid episode. I teared up so many times, and I squealed, kicking my feet in the air at the end of the episode :wow::love: 

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But his poor boy was so upset ...the adults didn't want to tell him but I guess he realised it after awhile

There are so many great subtle moments in this episode, and this is one of them. Uju actually knew that something is wrong with his dad despite the adults telling him he is on night-duty. He is aware that Dad’s never been on duty for more than 2 consecutive nights, no matter what. And when he visited IkJun, no words said from him, but the scene was powerful to deliver the love of a boy’s heart for his father. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Arrggghhhh! I'm working right now, and can't watch. And the episodes are too long for me to try to sneak watch on a break. Thanks everyone for the spoilers! I didn't even realize how much I needed to watch that kiss until I saw it. Oops, I think I squealed out loud. Getting strange looks from my co-workers. :laugh:

Okay, I won't write anything more until I've had a chance to watch the episode. But, afterwards, I think that there are a few ships I may have to visit as well. :heart:

• Haha 4

2 week wait was worth it!!! Gah!

I squealed so hard when IkSong ship finally sailed!!!! I had suspected that Ik Jun's accident would perhaps prompt Song-Hwa and I'm so glad I was right!! :love:

I also squealed when Seok-hyung finally confessed his feelings toward Chu Chu. I adore them!! Seok-hyung can't help but find Chu Chu adorable. She's his opposite. Where he's reserved and timid, she's forward and assertive. I think she's such a good match for him. I'm also happy to see him take steps forward. I am curious to as to why he wants his mom to think he is moving to the US. I suspect he wants her to feel desperate enough to keep him that he will then use that as means to get her to accept Chu Chu. Like how Rosa was so happy about Jeong-wan not entering priesthood because of Jang Gyeol.  I think Seok-hyung knows his mother so well that he also knows how to get what he wants.

When Chu Chu said, "if you ask me, my answer is yes.."  the way Seok-hyung chuckled was so cute. You can really see how much he adores her and finds her cute. 

I really love Rosa.. how sweet she really is especially after Jeong-wan told her about Jang Gyeol's family. 

I am a little confused as to what is going on between Junwan and Ik Sun. In the last episode, she apologized to him and basically admitted she had lied to him about dating her roommate. She also told him she still had feelings for him. Then what? Did he not want to get back with her? I don't quite know where they stand. They both obviously still have feelings for each other.

This is one show where I just love every episode and I feel like if they decided to make 10 seasons, I'd still watch every single one. :duckhearts:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Hey! No one mentioned that Ahn Chi Hong made a cameo in ep 11! Even if it was a flashback scene, it was so good to see him.

Otherwise, I really loved the episode. It feels like closure actually. I'm not convinced that there will be a season 3?

I see now why SHyeong started the speculations that he was moving to the US. He knows his mother would hate that. MH is the woman who is going to "stop" him from going to the US, so hopefully, his mother won't be as severe on MH, knowing that she's the reason SHyeong is staying in Korea. I hope that they will show the meeting between SHyeong's mother and MH. I think it could be fun.

As for Ik Jun and Song Hwa, even though I knew what was going to come, thanks to the spoilers, it was still pretty fantastic. And, a very nice kiss scene. Loved how SHwa confessed to IJ, and his response is to kiss her. I feel like giggling all over again.

Also, I think it's interesting that Ik Sun and Joon Wan were the first couple to get together, and now they will be the last couple to get together.

2 hours ago, Mouse said:

I am a little confused as to what is going on between Junwan and Ik Sun. In the last episode, she apologized to him and basically admitted she had lied to him about dating her roommate. She also told him she still had feelings for him. Then what? Did he not want to get back with her? I don't quite know where they stand. They both obviously still have feelings for each other.

My guess is that Joon Wan needed some time to think about things. I mean, he's just spent a year thinking that Ik Sun dumped him for another guy with no ceremony. Even though he wasn't able to get over her, it doesn't mean that he would immediately fall at her feat at her confession.  But, as you say, it's clear that they still have feelings for each other, so they'll probably end up together.

The only couple that I remain curious about is Jong Soo and Rosa. I know that they're best friends and all, but I wonder if they will at least move in together and be live-in best friends? I mean, it seems as if they already are, given that he even sleeps over. I think they are still platonic friends at this point, though it could easily tip into more. It's just nice that they have each other.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
36 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The only couple that I remain curious about is Jong Soo and Rosa. I know that they're best friends and all, but I wonder if they will at least move in together and be live-in best friends? I mean, it seems as if they already are, given that he even sleeps over. I think they are still platonic friends at this point, though it could easily tip into more. It's just nice that they have each other.

yes! I’m also curious to see if they will end up together eventually. They remind me of Songhwa and Ik Jun in a way.. friends who you can see have the potential to turn lovers. They are so cute together too!

I really hope Jun Wan and Ik Sun get back together. 

and yes, this felt like closure that it’s hard to imagine what Season 3 might be about. But I’m still hoping for one! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Just now, Mouse said:

and yes, this felt like closure that it’s hard to imagine what Season 3 might be about. But I’m still hoping for one! 

Season 2 was cute, but not sure that it got the ratings or buzz it needed for there to be a season 3.

Since this is supposed to be slice of life, they could do a season 3 and show how the relationships progress, as well as some more of the side characters. Or they could bring back Ahn Chi Hong and give him his own story line?!?!

Anyway, I think 1 more episode let, so I'll just enjoy it. Though, to be fair, given that we got almost 2 hours every week, that's still 24 hours, and so 24 episodes for any other drama. :laugh:

• Haha 4

I wished I have more time to camp out here on the thread because I have so much to say about this episode. Love it so much because many things happened. But let's talk about the couples first.

The Gom-Gom Train

Yes, I feel like a train is quite suitable to describe them, lol, love the choo-choo jingle going flat when MH is feeling sad, lol. Then a train starts so slow in the beginning, just like SH starting so very slow with this relationship, but he's got the track made to ensure this train reaches its destination. He doesn't even want Ik-Jun's help, lol... I just can't believe that he would think of such elaborate plan to "trick" his mother into believing he's going to the States. It's just not like him... but I'm glad that he thought through it before making any moves on MH's confession. I love that in the cinema, he wasn't trying to hide his date from people he knew, even his mother's friend. He greeted them, and even told MH who they are. He is being so cool about the whole on-a-date thing when asked by Mama Rosa (Thank God for such a sweet wise lady who initiated on keeping this a secret from his mother!). SH also gave MH the choice to not greet the elders if she doesn't feel comfortable about it, and will gladly do so alone. This little thing again shows us what a gentle considerate person he is. Then when he sneaked away the group's food for MH, lol... MH being MH is just such a refreshing character. She was stunned a couple of times by SH's actions during their first date -- when he lifted the armrest between the seats (who does that on first date?! lol), when he admitted to Rosa he is on a date. Yet, she wants clarity of the relationship. She made sure to ask where they stand. In an assertive, yet not pushy nor clingy way. I felt sooooo happy when SH finally said the words. Somehow I felt that he intentionally waited for MH to confess 4 times and not want her to use up her fifth chance. It's like he needed to know also if she can endure and persist for so long, then they will both have a chance. Can't wait to see MH meeting his mother. 

Argh, have to go first now. Will come back later to post about IkSong.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Season 2 was cute, but not sure that it got the ratings or buzz it needed for there to be a season 3.

The drama has been doing well the entire season in terms of ratings and buzz . But from how everything is being nicely tied up , it really doesn't seem like there will be a 3rd season. 

Yeah so @ryanallright I don't feel that there would be a 3rd season. 

Yes @stroppyse I was so happy too to see ACH's cameo. It was too short. I was so sleepy last night that I left it out of my spoilers ! And I think I was so distracted in a good way at all the things going on. LOL! 

Eps 11 was indeed one of the best for me. It was the built up to both romances sailing that made me very emotional. IkJun's accident was the catalyst for Song Hwa to address her real feelings . I finally understand why she's been avoiding it - she's been "rejected" twice during their varsity days. And thank you @SnowBlob @stroppyse for reminding me on the ship thread why Ik Jun backed out when he clearly liked her too . He found out that Seok Hyeong also had feelings for her , and he didn't want to jeopardise the friendships I suppose.  I wish it hadn't been the case because in some ways they have missed out 22 years . But of course the silver lining is that Ik Jun has Uju , and that they will now have a good foundation for their relationship since it will be  built on their  solid friendship. I am grateful that the drama did not leave it to eps 12 to do this allowing us to enjoy their dating moments. I cannot wait to see how the other 3 would react to the news.

@ktcjdrama I was very surprised that SH's "plotting" this whole move to the USA so that it will make it easier for him to introduce MA to his mother ( I am assuming that is his motive of doing so . LOL) . It is not quite like his character.  But I suppose he knows his mother too well. Having come off a marriage where his mother's meddling had done some damage , it is nice to see that  he is going to be proactive in  protecting our Min Ah.

I love the confession bit ...it was so cute::eeeee:

Ms Extrovert: You have feelings for me right?
Mr Introvert: Do I have to say it?
Vehement nodding from Ms Extrovert.

Mr Introvert : I like you.

I am also happy that WG continues to remain unshaken - we see the them growing in their relationship and that JWon has told his mum about Gyeol's family situation. Isn't Mama Rosa just the best? Gyeol will have such a wonderful and accepting MIL in her.  The only other romance that really needs proper wrapping up is our Bidulgi pair. Given the scenes, it would be a lot more shocking if they don't end up together. 

@MouseTalking about MaMa Rosa and Jung Su ...so I am just curios if there is a need for them to be "officially" in a relationship. It really does feel like they are each other's soul mate & closest companion and confidant. And I root for them to be together . I am thinking aloud here -  if when I reach that age , would it matter? As in would companionship be more important than romance? hahah

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm totally loving Seok Hyung plotting against his mother. I'm eager to see how it all pans out and how this would (completely) stop his mother from giving the new future daughter-in-law hell like she did to the previous. I've known a couple who at first the guy's mother disapproved of the girlfriend. Their relationship was on and off for a loooong time but as time passes, his parents eventually gave in because their son was not getting any younger. So if I think of it this way, Seok Hyung definitely has the upper hand against the Mum now. Rosa will help too.

Woo Joo... I watched that scene twice and twice I was teary eyes. Aigoo...

Have I mentioned I really like Rosa and Jong Soo's relationship? They are more than friends but not quite lovers. I think it's lovely and nice to have such relationship at old age just them keeping each other company and also take care of one another.

Do we only have one more episode left? It felt like only Jun Wan and Ik Soon's relationship is hanging and the rest's are all settling in. Last episode might be on Jun Wan and Ik Soon. Although I don't think S3 is necessary, the story could easily continue on if the casts want to return. But I'm ready to see the actors doing other roles or dramas though.

This is random but whenever I watch the surgery scenes (mainly cardio, neurology and GS) in HP2, I wonder how humans could invent such technology and how we could become so advance with it. And how did we become so good at performing surgeries via a machines — Neurosurgeons using a microscope to perform operation to watching the TV screen and insert surgical threads into the body/head and laparoscopy. Such skills rely so much on judgement and precision (I think anyway). It amazes me how did it cross the mind of that one person who first decided to dissect a dead corpse and look inside (could this person be an extremely intelligent psycho?). Only if this person knew his action that day led to creating a new scientific medicine — anatomy.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 9/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I just can't believe that he would think of such elaborate plan to "trick" his mother into believing he's going to the States. It's just not like him... but I'm glad that he thought through it before making any moves on MH's confession.

Actually, I feel as if this is entirely within his character. We already know that when Seok Hyeong was younger, he was a "normal" guy according to his friends, which translates to the carelessness that kids can sometimes show to their parents. Seok Hyeong knows his mother well, both the good parts and the bad parts.

After his sister died and his father was caught blatantly cheating on his mother, leading his mother to cry about wanting to die which SHyeong saw is what changed him into the mama's boy that we've seen him be. However, that is actually not the entirety of who SHyeong is.

Also, as we saw during the initial formation of the band, SHyeong is very stubborn once he wants something. He plots to get things his way. It's one of the reasons why SHyeong and JWan aren't as close with each other or as comfortable when it's just the two of them. SHyeong is like an immovable wall, working away at whatever in order to get what he wants once he knows what he wants.

And, SHyeong has already had a failed relationship. Even though it was a marriage set up by their families as more of a alliance, SHyeong clearly felt little agency within that marriage, and ultimately agreed to end it. And, according to the time line, his marriage failed before his sister's death and his father's public adultery.

So, now, having selected a woman that he likes, knowing how impossible his mother can be, but wanting to protect MH in the way that he couldn't protect his ex-wife or his younger sister, it feels right that SHyeong would have thought everything through numerous times, even before agreeing to go on the date with MH.

It cracked me up though to see that he knew that they were on a date, but she clearly was not expecting it. Still, her ability to ask for clarity without hedging or hesitation is what will probably make this relationship work. And, I agree that SHyeong was also curious as to MH's persistence, or whether it was just a passing crush.

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Woo Joo... I watched that scene twice and twice I was teary eyes. Aigoo...

That scene had me in tears. Amazing how perceptive WJ was about something being wrong with his father, and being worried sick about it without expressing it to his nanny. He's going to want to be IJ's shadow for awhile, I bet.

It's good that SHwa loves WJ so much as well. When she becomes part of their family, WJ will hopefully feel that he has one more person on his side rather than that he's losing his father to another person.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Actually, I feel as if this is entirely within his character.

Your explanation made a lot of sense. I didn't connect those points with him until you said so.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Wow...they are going to give us a finale we won't forget.  This is like a movie

:nervous: need to prepare staying up late to catch the subbed episode. Netflix will drop it much later then... 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Hmm @bairama I think if there's S3 , maybe can only see it in 2023. I can understand that the cast may want to have new projects. 

Wahhh it is ending ....I feel rather nostalgic as this has been like a long journey. One more love line that needs to seal the deal ...

E_XohOyUcAIcPsd?format=jpg&name=small

@LaLa translated ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1