Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

@bairama although it's not as long as ep 8, ep 9 will last about 105 minutes.. so prepare yourself before watching it 

There are so many funny and heart fluttering scenes. But in my short visit this time, I want to point out about the joke when Ik Jun and the other doctor are having that might lost to English translation (I haven't watched with sub but there's probability in it)

Tag @stroppyse for future correction

In this scene, the other professor was having a cramped muscle on his leg after dancing. The pronunciation of Korean words ' cramp ' and mouse have the same word and spell. That's why Ik Jun is acting like a cat (even meowing and acting like an angry cat) to make the cramp go away :laugh:

This one, when the cramp got back, Ik Jun response with baby baby. It might be weird for those non k - music fans, but it's a reference to popular song of Girl's Generation in 2009 Gee. The reff part of the song is Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby Baby. 

The word Gee and Jwi (쥐) for both mouse and cramps have similar pronunciation, so that's why he responded that way. 

And for the dancing ceremony when they reached deuce at set 3, it's another popular joke. There was this popular dance male duo called Deux (which pronunciation similar to deuce in Korea). What they are dancing too are one of their popular song. 

@SnowBlob bonus for us IkSong fans is by how Song Hwa always laugh at his jokes. His jokes never fail to make her laugh 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

14 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Some of the scenes are starting to feel very draggy to me.

I have to agree. The ping-pong part took up so much time and I still don’t know how it relates to the main plot except for a little bit of laughs. It’s nice to see they have recreations within the hospital, but it took up quite a bit of time that I started to wonder will we even get to see a match at all or not. 
Can anyone clarify the winning team, are they cameo by the real athletes? 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Finally we get to see what Songhwa think of Ikjun 20+ years ago. So goodbye haters.

Shin PD casting of two Olympics medalists as the winner of the table tennis tournament is a masterstroke. A pity that we only get a comedic scene of GS team trying hard to receive the balls.

This episode also shown the importance of the support department that works together with the treatment team to ensure the smooth recovery of the patient. Nursing, ER and Radiology are important as well and none of them could be excluded. Even when the 5 leads are doing the surgery, Anesthesiology department is also important as without the anesthesiologist, the surgery could not be conducted at all.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

spacer.png

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have to agree. The ping-pong part took up so much time and I still don’t know how it relates to the main plot except for a little bit of laughs. It’s nice to see they have recreations within the hospital, but it took up quite a bit of time that I started to wonder will we even get to see a match at all or not. 
Can anyone clarify the winning team, are they cameo by the real athletes? 

The table tennis scenes seemed a lengthy sequence which basically contained 2 jokes. The first is the winning by default because teams would get called to emergencies leading them to forfeit. Then finally, after IJ is all cocky about it, they get taken to task by a pair of Olympic medalists who play doctors who resemble pro players and only play table tennis as hobbies. And just to drive the point home, IJ can't shake the feeling that they look just like the pro players that he recognizes.

The actual surgery/treatment scenes also felt long to me.

4 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Finally we get to see what Songhwa think of Ikjun 20+ years ago. So goodbye haters.

Actually, I can see why SHwa is reluctant to start anything with IJ now after the crushing disappointment when they were younger. Since they both went on to other relationships afterwards, I can understand her not wanting to disturb their friendship now especially with the echoes of the emotions she must have gone through before to preserve their friendship despite her pain.

Having said that, IJ is the one who makes SHwa laugh and is the one who is most perceptive of what she needs and vice versa. However, I appreciate why their relationship had to be a slow burn one.

I also thought it was actually very sweet of IJ to deliberately try to put JWan and IS in each other's path, and then finally tell JWan about IS. Now if only, JWan and IS would just talk to each other frankly and uninterruptedly.

It's looking very good for the Bear Couple. Min Ha's straightforward expressions of her feelings versus SHyeong's deliberate considerations could make them a good match. MH has her final confession to SHyeong left, and I'm looking forward to that. I hope that they tackle it soon so that there is time for SHyeong's mother to be able to accept MH as well rather than rushing it at the end.

• Heart Eyes 3

Some thoughts about the last episode. 

I personally like the direction the drama is taking in spite of not always agreeing with what the characters do or the choices they make. I think that makes for a good drama that these characters are flawed because that is what life is all about. Like IkSun's decision was poorly made though she thought that this was her protecting Jun Wan. But of course as it has been shown it only caused more pain. Also it feels like she is underestimating JW's commitment to her & the strength of his character by doing this  as if he would have bailed at the sign she is ill.  It was probably not her intention of course. Nevertheless now that Jun Wan is aware of what took place, I hope she comes  clean with why she chose this route. 

With regards to the Ik Song love line - I think I am finally feeling more invested in it than before. I think it really helps that we have  been given Song Hwa's perspective. Seeing her cry at her mother's diagnosis,  and also seeing how broken hearted she was when Ik Jun could not turn up to meet her 22 years ago made her more "relatable". Don't know if it makes sense but  we have never really been shown that she could be vulnerable,  so it was hard to see what she thought and if Ik Jun had really meant anything more than a friend to her. Let's hope they will give us a proper ending ...Ik Jun said 3 hurdles to cross right? ahahah So one hurdle per episode then. 

And I read as well that this actress (Lee Il Hwa)  will make a cameo for tonight as Gyeol's mum. I think it is about high time that we find out why Gyeol has not been able to bring herself to tell Jeong Won about her family problems. Think it has been well speculated every where that Gyeol may come from an abusive home...let's see if that is true

Spoiler

9fc90c63-fbf7-46e4-848f-53980f619bf8.jpe

New still of Min Ah and Gyeol. Will our dear Min Ah be able to get a positive response from SH?

108767170.1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

:love: I was squealing at the end of the episode, and then I gasped at the cliffhanger :nervous:

How could they do this to us? Waiting 2 weeks before we find out?!! It is either Ik Jun or Jun Wan... both can use the trope to get their respective girl be more concerned and decisive about their relationship. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

:love: I was squealing at the end of the episode, and then I gasped at the cliffhanger :nervous:

How could they do this to us? Waiting 2 weeks before we find out?!! It is either Ik Jun or Jun Wan... both can use the trope to get their respective girl be more concerned and decisive about their relationship. 

I think it should be nothing serious though they like to tease us !!! 

Spoiler

E9ubXYYUUAcZUYT?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think it should be nothing serious though they like to tease us !!! 

It can’t be serious because they’re the main leads. And for all we know, it could be just another doctor from Yulje who is also in his 40s... 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

is SH planning to go to the US? Gom gom is going to have date. Gosh don't tell me it is a goodbye date?

He is applying for it... it’s really hard to tell where  Lee Shin will lead us to with this couple. I surely hope it’s not a goodbye date. His mother doesn’t want him to live so far away, and I think he wouldn’t leave his mother as well? His mother wondered what could make him change his mind and stay back. I was hoping that it will be MH. Maybe going abroad is the plan SH cooked up so that his mother would accept MH? But he isn’t really that meticulous type of person to plan it out like so. One thing that encourages me about this couple sailing is that SH paid attention to MH’s mother’s condition that after checking out, he actually returned to the pension to give her medicine. I mean, he didn’t have to bother about doing so if he has no feeling for MH, right? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

36 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Probably I shd revisit this ship again lols. I like to see him jelly. 

Jealous Jeong Won is the best..ahahahah I laughed so hard at that scene.

-----------------

@ktcjdrama I don't know why SH asked MH for the dinner now. I do think he may have had a good opportunity in the USA to improve his skills etc. So it baffles me that he may be giving Chu Chu some hope knowing how much she likes him. 

I was very moved by two particular scenes in the show.

One was definitely the Gyeol's family situation. Who knew that it has been so hard for her all this while. It is clear why she had been hesitant to tell JWon - how do you tell someone that your dad beats up your mother? Even her brother had to think twice about telling his fiancée, and sadly it didn't turn out well for him given that his wedding is now cancelled. The best part of course is that she finally did break down & literally cried on his shoulders , and later on opened up to him about her family. I am pretty pleased with the WG development this season. It is not often you get to see a pair of lovers grow in a relationship like this as most dramas often focus on the chase & honeymoon period . And then sometimes it is followed by unnecessary break-up to create enough story to make 16 episodes before reuniting (or worse still give you some silly open ending ! Can you tell I am still sore at some romances I watched this year. ) . Here we get to see them naturally grow and share a part of themselves that they could not at first. This is what slice of life dramas should be like.

Of course the other situation that broke my heart was Jae Hak and his wife's bittersweet news. Ahh how cruel life is . I have much empathy for people who struggle to conceive given that I am surrounded by family & friends who have had the same issue . So I can understand why the wife would not want to go through chemo while being pregnant. Fortunately , SH had been able to talk some sense into her. I do love how much support Jun Wan gives Jae Hak emotionally . I know we often see how much JHak admires and respects JW. So it was very nice to see that what is important to JH is also important to JWan. They have come such a long  way from being just mentor-mentee to being friends though JWan will never admit it to Jae Hak. LOL.

Talking about JWan...what do you all think about Ik Sun told him?  I was initially very happy that she made good of her word and agreed to meet. She also waited for him. To her credit she came clean about her decision to break up and apologised. But for some reason what she told him about how she still has feelings etc but it her problem to deal with seems selfish again. What about his feelings?

I cannot believe that now I have to wait for two weeks for eps 11. Sobs.  Considering all the scenes that the PD has given for IkSong interactions, I am certain that we will get a resolution by the end of S2. If Ik Jun is really the one injured , it would definitely be a handy plot device to use for SHwa to stop denying how she truly feels inside. Yes, I am assuming now that SH does like Ik Jun romantically but has been unwilling to risk their friendship for it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Who knew that it has been so hard for her all this while. It is clear why she had been hesitant to tell JWon - how do you tell someone that your dad beats up your mother?

And not just an abusive father, but a father who is currently in jail too. I felt very bad for the brother too because his girlfriend and her family could not accept his background. 

the other situation that broke my heart was Jae Hak and his wife's bittersweet news.

I cried watching their struggles too... especially since she initially didn't want a baby but changed her mind after seeing the baby scan. Jae Hak is so sweet to always put her as first priority, so I can imagine how heartbroken he must be thinking that she is not willing to go through the treatment for her breast cancer.

Talking about JWan...what do you all think about Ik Sun told him?  I was initially very happy that she made good of her word and agreed to meet. She also waited for him. To her credit she came clean about her decision to break up and apologised. But for some reason what she told him about how she still has feelings etc but it her problem to deal with seems selfish again. What about his feelings?

I was glad to see that she waited for him for hours. But what she told him, I admit I have mixed feelings about it. In a way I am happy she came clean, but with her honesty about her feelings, I was like, why then did you have to do what you did?? I don't know... I just feel that this is the weakest couple so far. Enjoyed them so much in Season 1, but their development in Season 2 is quite a disappointment for me. Even with this meeting to clear the air between them. I was just going "whyyyyy then?" 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don't know... I just feel that this is the weakest couple so far. Enjoyed them so much in Season 1, but their development in Season 2 is quite a disappointment for me. Even with this meeting to clear the air between them. I was just going "whyyyyy then?" 

This couple had gotten a lot of my attention this season simply because I wasn't expecting her to do this. And a year later , I just feel nothing has changed in a sense that she is the one that gets to decide what happens to them which  is so unfair. Yes, sad to say I am dissappointed too. I suppose it is what life is where some folks just make bad choices.

This was cute...hahaah Ik Jun is  Bon Jovi fan! I used to love them growing up ....though I really shouldn't be saying  things like this  :lmao2:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Probably I shd revisit this ship again lols. I like to see him jelly. 

I laughed at this scene where JWon is unhappy about the doctors trying to set Gyeo Eul up with Geon. LOL

I was also happy for a moment of lightness between Wintergarden given how heavy the rest of their story arc was for this episode.

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Here we get to see them naturally grow and share a part of themselves that they could not at first. This is what slice of life dramas should be like.

I totally agree. While Wintergarden has not been the most active of relationships in HP2, I still appreciate that we are seeing a couple who are trying to figure things out and to be there for each other rather than getting stuck in misunderstandings or noble idiocy or any of that. I've been enjoying the Wintergarden arc despite the signs that GE may be going through some heavy things that she was keeping from JWon. On the other hand, I totally understand not wanting to reveal something like domestic violence to your new bf.

Feel bad that her brother Ga Eul engagement was broken up because of the domestic violence issue, but I can somewhat understand it from the bride's side of the family. Ga Eul is the son of a man who commits domestic violence, and there is a saying that in order to know how someone will become to look at their parents since the children can't help but learn behavior from them.

Btw, had to laugh a bit that the parents named their daughter Winter (Gyeo Eul) and their son Autumn (Ga Eul).

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

To be honest, I took that as IS' lack of confidence in herself and her lack of understanding of how much she means to JWan. She confesses that she still has feelings for him and that she'll get over it herself because she thinks that JWan has probably moved on from her already. She doesn't know that JWan has been suffering because she hasn't seen him, and IJ probably hasn't said anything about JWan suffering from losing his gf.

To be fair to IJ, he's the one who created the opportunity for IS and JWan to finally meet face to face on the bus, so nothing against IJ. Also, he was probably a bit conflicted about the IS and JWan anyway since he thinks JWan is the serial dater that JWan himself confessed to being. Meaning while IJ saw that JWan had been hurt by IS breaking up with him, he may have thought that JWan would just get over it. It's when he saw that JWan was still not over her, and he saw that IS carried JWan's picture in his wallet that IJ took steps to get JWan and IS to meet somehow.

Anyway, I didn't take what IS said in a bad way. However, I loved how JWan asked if IS could meet at various events pretending as if nothing had been between them, commenting that he didn't think he could do that. I'm assuming that this is where the Dove Couple gets together again, given that JWan seemed to be in good spirits the next day. It's been awhile since we've seen JWan in a good mood rather than tired and dispirited.

As for JWan and JH, they definitely make an odd couple. It's nice to have these moments where JWan cares about JH rather than JH being a puppyish devotee of JWan all the time.

I was moved by JH and his wife's story. I can sympathize with the storm of emotions that the wife is going through. She wanted a baby, but had resigned herself to not having a baby, and so she was also not taking very good care of herself. She had felt that breast lump a while back, but not bothered to get it checked out. So, she's finally pregnant with a chance at having that child that she had not thought she would ever get, but she also has stage 2 cancer which perhaps she could have treated already but now will require chemo which is a scary thought. Her protective instincts as a mother came to the fore in terms of protecting her unborn baby at all costs, however, SHyeong's comment that the baby needs the mother, and it's irresponsible of a mother to not do what she can to be there for the baby was like a proverbial slap in the face to the mother to see that her responsibility extends far beyond birthing her baby.

I also loved that JH's instant and constant choices were to choose his wife over the fetus. As much as he had wanted their baby, he loved his wife more. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case with men and the men's parents.

And that ending with a doctor getting hit from behind with a rock?! What?!?!

Plus, it's 2 weeks until we see the resolution of whether that was JWan, IJ or another random colleague?

For some reason, the drama seems to want us to think that it's IJ, given the final montage in the preview where it shows the med school version of IJ. Hopefully, this means that IJ and SHwa will finally both be ready to start a relationship with each other?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

To be fair to IJ, he's the one who created the opportunity for IS and JWan to finally meet face to face on the bus, so nothing against IJ. Also, he was probably a bit conflicted about the IS and JWan anyway since he thinks JWan is the serial dater that JWan himself confessed to being. Meaning while IJ saw that JWan had been hurt by IS breaking up with him, he may have thought that JWan would just get over it. It's when he saw that JWan was still not over her, and he saw that IS carried JWan's picture in his wallet that IJ took steps to get JWan and IS to meet somehow.

I am glad that Ik Jun played cupid here . In fact I am always glad that he nudges all his friends in the right direction when it comes to their love lives! So what is really cute is that they (JW & Ik Jun) are both aware about the relationship , but both have not openly addressed it .  Anyhow JWan's lack of internet skills resulting in his  dependence on Ik Jun to reserve things for him has become a blessing. LOL

I forgot to mention as well that I love that they continue to show us the friendship between Rosa and Jung Su. He seems to have some awful children and I am glad that he has Rosa for company.  I forgot but are SH's mum and him related in anyway? She called him by his 1st name at first, than realised she shouldn't and addressed him more formally.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

She called him by his 1st name at first, than realised she shouldn't and addressed him more formally

In fact, the Chinese subs has it as Brother-in-law. I can’t remember too.... She could also mistakenly addressed him as “husband” of Rosa because right before she said that, she called Rosa “unnie”, then she called BIL. Like maybe in her mind, they’re already like a married couple, hahaaa...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Been a long time since I posted here.

Must I say, I love every episode of Season 2 (ofc Season 1) too.

I'm glad to what's happening with my favorite then resident but now fellow (cmiiw), Chu Min Ha! 🤣 Ever since that episode in Season 1 that focuses on her struggles as a resident, she got me cheering for her. 

Am I the only one not rooting for IkSong to ship? Haha. I want them to remain as friends. They are better off as friends. I like their friendship chemistry. But if this ship sails, I bet it would still be on the third season.

Cheering for Team Yulje!  🎉

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

Hi @-StrongTower-! Glad to see you here. How have you been? I am also cheering hard for Min A. Let SH say yes to her please.

Well done HP team

Amazing that these stories can have such positive & powerful impact on viewers. 

• Like 3