Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

Cannot wait to see if Ik Sun will return or not. And the end bit of the preview with Gyeol looking sad in the preview has got me wondering .....angst ahead after all the fluffy goodness ?

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Cannot wait to see if Ik Sun will return or not. And the end bit of the preview with Gyeol looking sad in the preview has got me wondering .....angst ahead after all the fluffy goodness ?

My theory on the "possible unkept promise" of Gyeoul has something to do with Iksun's surgery.  I'm just connecting dots from dashes of scenes from previous episode and the preview:  Iksun insisting to keep her condition a secret from last episode, Gyeoul and Prof Jong in their plain clothes carrying a transplant ice box, Gyeoul inside the OR changing area at 4am looking at her phone, and also that scene between Jeong Won and Ikjun with cigarettes on talking.  

Just my guess...... But if we get Winter Garden angst that is non-medically related, I'll also gladly looked at it fondly, I'm easy that way.  :smile:

Btw based on Gyeoul's signature outfit, it's so hard to hazard a guess about timelines, locations and possible scenarios.  Her signature outfit throws me for a loop.  :laugh:

Edited by akikisetsu
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

My theory on the "possible unkept promise" of Gyeoul has something to do with Iksun's surgery.  I'm just connecting dots from dashes of scenes from previous episode and the preview:  Iksun insisting to keep her condition a secret from last episode, Gyeoul and Prof Jong in their plain clothes carrying a transplant ice box, Gyeoul inside the OR changing area at 4am looking at her phone, and also that scene between Jeong Won and Ikjun with cigarettes on talking.  

oh that makes sense too. 

-------------

Someone mentioned in the comment section:

In Junwan's singing part, he didn't sing the last lyric, 'Forget it'. Maybe he doesn't want to forget her.

Throwback to S1....eps 5 was when we had JW's confession to Ik Sun

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

We got one year time skip! And in episode 6 we'll be in March 2021 timeline!

Summary of important scenes

- Ik Sun backs to Korea. Thankfully she doesn't need a transplant. She's moving to Chang Won, cut her hair short and stay with her parents during her treatment. Ik Jun visited her frequently to have lunch or dinner with her. When Ik Sun had check up at Yulje, Ik Jun purposely choose the schedule where all his friends were busy especially Jun Wan. But Ik Sun still saw him when she's waiting for Ik Jun at his car. Jun Wan went back to Yulje for emergency but he didn't see her. Ik Sun did and she had to hold back her tears while seeing him getting closer. Oh and in a voice over Ik Sun also explained her relationship with Jun Wan to Ik Jun. I'm still holding on my opinion that he knew but pretended he didn't and the explanation makes sense because Ik Sun didn't know that Ik Jun has found out. However I stand to be corrected, with some facts present.

- Jeong Won and Gyeo Ul are happily dating and their relationship is going strong. Gyeo Ul slowly becomes better but still need to learn a lot. Jeong Won is there patiently to teach and guide her. He's also make sure to feed her with foods and love. Gyeo Ul almost got hurt badly when confronting an abusive husband to his wife (Ik Jun patient) but thankfully it's ended with a good way, thanks to Ik Jun quick thinking and Nurse Song cooperation. 

- We got more stories about Seok Hyeong and Shin Hye past marriage. Jung Hye, Seok Hyeong mom, interfered a lot and might be the cause for them to divorce. In Seok Hyeong eyes, his mom demanded a lot from Shin Hye and found her lacking. In Jung Hye eyes, she thought that Shin Hye family is a gold digger and eyeing for Seok Hyeong family wealth. When he confides his story with Song Hwa, she says for him to do more efforts and become more talkative. Not only talk about important things, but small and non important things. He can start with the person he's comfortable or the closest to him. And, he immediately start it with Min Ha. 

Min Ha is trying to get closer with Seok Hyeong by asking more than one question to him and be honest about her intention to him. She even declares her plan to confess to him 5 more times, but for now Seok Hyeong still say no and she has 4, chances left. Seok Hyeong too has started to feel jealous when he watched his patients for being supportive couple for their respective partners. 

- Song Hwa has enough with the surgery at Yulje and plan to reduce her visit and stayed more at Sokcho. She needs the time to rest and heal her neck pain. She shared her plan with Ik Jun when he mentioned that with her having so many surgeries at Yulje wouldn't do good for her health. As always his jokes made her laugh and the serious meeting that Song Hwa announced to the boys, are related to snow crabs party :laugh: During the party she asked if she can be the vocal during their band sessions and the boys are so serious that they even hold a meeting over it. They will let her sing twice a year and only on her birthday. She can also choose her song. Later on they went for karaoke session. 

March 2021, she's back for good and will work at Yulje again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

OST part 5 will be sung by no other than our Ik Jun, Cho Jung Seok :pandahappy:

Will this song become another hit like Aloha? We'll have to wait and see until it got released tomorrow noon KST. 

Meanwhile here is the original songs by Weather Cast - I Like You

rough translation of the lyrics by me

Spoiler

The day I first met you, you were holding three yellow roses.

Smiling all the way to Sinchon, my heart is beating fast

Your straight hair is moving when you are waving your hands at me.

From head to toe, you have captivated me

*I like you, I really like you

I want to give everything to you*

At least to you, I don't want to fabricate my feelings

Until whenever (until whenever)

Together with you ( I want to be with you ye~)

Smiling all the way to Sinchon with my heart full of warmth (**)

Hello my angel

How did you steal my heart?

It's okay my angel

Please cherish my heart that you have taken

I like you, I really like you

I want to give everything to you

At least to you, I don't want to fabricate my feelings

Repeat * 2x

@stroppyse 

Spoiler

I hope you don't mind looking at (**) on the part of the lyrics I try to translate. I'm confused about the meaning for that particular sentence because the word literally means quilt but how do we connect it with the feelings or heart? 

Songs from band practice, original singers Brown Eyed - One Year has passed

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

For those who don't get the joke when Ik Jun and Jun Wan are acting dramatically about the snow crabs. It's a parody from old drama Autumn in My Heart. Here a fan kindly make a comparison about the two scenes.

I too didn't realize about it until I saw this tweet. I knew the bgm sounds familiar but couldn't point to which scenes of drama that I have heard it before. :laugh:

Ep 5 ratings

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

7 hours ago, LaLa said:

I knew the bgm sounds familiar

LOL, I recognized the overplayed tune right away, but also don’t know which iconic scene it was. 

I will be back with more thoughts (because this episode made me cry a few times) but just a quick one.... anyone else thought that Gyeoul’s father is an abusive person? Remember how she chased after the man who abuse his boy in season 1, and now she confronted the husband of the patient with jaundice when she heard of him assaulting her? I tried to connect this to her phone call with her mother because she sounded quite worried about her. 

Can’t believe poor JWan actually had to go through a year on his own after the breakup :cry: I still think they’ll make it, just didn’t expect that this arc will go through the time jump. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

46 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

anyone else thought that Gyeoul’s father is an abusive person? Remember how she chased after the man who abuse his boy in season 1, and now she confronted the husband of the patient with jaundice when she heard of him assaulting her? I tried to connect this to her phone call with her mother because she sounded quite worried about her.

Me too have idea about this. Or maybe it already past, or still on her suspicion. I hope it is not 🥺 and the way she asked Andrea to show her affection at least once a day.. Is she had trouble at past within her parents?

I miss the R88 mom voice! It took me surprise to hear that as Gyeoul's mom 

The writer is smart.. They want the time jump skip interesting with Bidulgi's arc I think?? It became dramatic when we know the others are just keep going on what they are on :brb:

And hello.. Wingar.. I thought we are expect more of shy silent romance but lol we will really got 6 babies if they are keeping this up

Captain Andrea seems on fire :))

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

19 hours ago, LaLa said:

They will let her sing twice a year and only on her birthday.

I think you meant to type once every two years? They’re smart in delaying it from happening because although her birthday is coming, they said no, not this year. Next year. So we will soon get to hear her sing, haha, since it’s already March again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I would have to say that Episode 5 is my favourite episode so far. The storytelling is definitely at its very best showcasing all the Shin-Lee magic that we've come to expect from the franchise. I also really enjoyed this week's song esp. JJS' effort as lead vocals and on the guitar. The karaoke scene was a hoot and Jun-wan's expressions were to die for. Poor guy I think he sometimes must feel like he's Squidward in a Spongebob Squarepants episode.

I continue to be surprised and delighted at the amount of WinterGarden goodness thrown our way. It's almost as if the showrunners felt ashamed for being so stingy last season and are now making it up by showering us with an unexpected number of hugs and kissing scenes. They are also a nice antidote to some of the doom and gloom going on in other parts of the show. I hate to say it though but they seem to be doing a better job communicating with each other than a certain other couple. It's true that they will have a lot to navigate but so far it looks like Jeong-won is in it for the long haul. I like the fact too that the show is deliberating showing us all the contrasts from last season in ER. From the drawing of the curtains to their heart-to-heart about the DV victim. They've moved on to another stage in their relationship. What's also pleasing to see is Gyeo-ul graduallly opening up and saying what's on her mind. I don't' think they're completely there yet. She's probably got family issues but at least Jeong-won's left the door open for her.

I love YYS' chemistry with SHB. 

I am not entirely sure what to make of bildugi after this episode. There's a part of me that thinks that this isn't the last word on the subject. I certainly hope it isn't because that would be a poor excuse for a resolution. It has the vibe of something deeply unsatisfying. My guess is that Ik-jun is more or less waiting for the right time to bring it up which is when Ik-sun has recovered sufficiently to deal with any kind of blow back. He might be feeling a bit guilty because he's the one who told Ik-sun that Jun-wan's girlfriend was being selfish and insensitive. Whether he intended to or not this was the catalyst to the breakup. But the reality is that the relationship already had problems way before Ik-jun found out that they had problems. He's can't be blamed for what happened between them but it is still mind boggling to me that he didn't know about Jun-wan dating Ik-sun after all the trolling in the second half of S1. 

The biggest revelation was about what transpired between Seok-hyeong's overbearing mother and his ex, Shin-hye. What an unpleasant situation. Seok-hyeong caught between the two women lived out his own makjang in full technicolour. But Song-hwa was right though to make him take ownership of his part in the entire fiasco. While they made Mum a sympathetic figure last season, all of this puts her in a different light. It does suggest to me too that Shin-hye wasn't a good fit for that highly dysfunctional family. She couldn't push back and in the end she could only achieve some measure of payback. Who knows... our Min-ha might be the one who can stand up to controlling mother.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I have to admit that I was bawling full out at watching episode 5. It's the scene of Eun Ji's mother expressing her gratitude and apology towards the family who lost their son. One of the things that this drama has done a few times is to raise the awareness of the sacrifice and loss for those who donate organs for a transplant. With the donation of a liver, there is risk to the donor. However, there are some organ transplants for whom it means the donor has died in order to be able to use their organ. There have been earlier scenes with IJ, both in this season and the earlier season where he talks to the recipients and their families that the real gratitude goes to the donor/donor's families rather than to the doctor's, but the point is driven home as EJ's mother says that even as she was praying for a miracle to save her daughter, she felt guilt because she was asking for the unspeakable to happen to another family. It's that idea that in order to save my child, another child had to die that makes it so horrific and so sad, along with the relief and happiness of one's child being able to live.

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

She's probably got family issues but at least Jeong-won's left the door open for her.

Yes, I got that sense that there is something going on with her parents as well. Like @ktcjdramaand @bairama, I couldn't help but wonder if the mother is the victim of assault from her husband. It may not happen all the time, but it used to be relatively common for men to hit their wives, and GW's mother would be from that older generation.

Btw, anyone else notice that GW's mother was voiced by Lee Il Hwa, who has played the role of the mother of the female leads in all of the Reply series? It was nice to hear her voice here as well. Just as it was funny to see Sung Dong Il play Pedro, the oldest brother to JWon. I had to laugh as his mother and the CEO talked about how Dong Il was possibly not really Rosa's child since he looks so old. The mother Kim Hae Sook is 65 to Sung Dong Il's 57, btw, so it was pretty funny and meta. However PD Shin likes to use older actors to act younger roles anyway.

I am not entirely sure what to make of bildugi after this episode. There's a part of me that thinks that this isn't the last word on the subject. I certainly hope it isn't because that would be a poor excuse for a resolution.

I don't think it's the end, but I'm uncertain where it's going to go. It feels odd that JWan would have just left it like that, though who knows. Perhaps he tried called, but she rejected his calls. And, JWan probably wouldn't have felt comfortable asking about IS to IJ since he thinks IJ doesn't know, and it might make IS uncomfortable. I do think there will be more to it, but we'll have to wait and see.

She couldn't push back and in the end she could only achieve some measure of payback.

Honestly, I totally was not expecting the back story to SHyeong's marriage, or the actions of the wife. Though I can see how she might want the dowry gift back since her marriage was breaking up, mostly due to SHyeong's mother's actions.

I thought it was cute how the person that SHyeong decides to be "chatty" with, as per SHwa's advice, was MH. SHwa had said that SHyeong should be more talkative without weighing the necessity of the words with someone he was comfortable with, and next thing you know, SHyeong is being all chatty. I'm curious as to what will happen when MH meets SHYeong's wife. MH is very different from Shin Hye, much more open and usually without filters. SHyeong's mother wouldn't be able to call MH calculating, nor that she comes from a calculating social climber family. I'm really looking forward to the remaining 4 "confessions" from MH to SHyeong.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 7/16/2021 at 6:27 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I continue to be surprised and delighted at the amount of WinterGarden goodness thrown our way. It's almost as if the showrunners felt ashamed for being so stingy last season and are now making it up by showering us with an unexpected number of hugs and kissing scenes. They are also a nice antidote to some of the doom and gloom going on in other parts of the show. I hate to say it though but they seem to be doing a better job communicating with each other than a certain other couple.

This is exactly how I feel. It was a nice contrast to  some of the communication break down with regards to SH and his ex wife , and also with the one sided shut off that Ik Sun has put on JW. 

I am actually mid way through but just wanted to say that I love the SH-SH talk the most so far. What Song Hwa told SHyeong to his face was so good. Whether it was his mother's constant meddling or his wife's progressive  retraction  into her shell as the marriage started to fall apart,  ( I suspect she stole her MIL's ring out of anger), I feel SHyeong was a major contributor to the failure of his marriage. He ran away instead of dealing with his problems. So finally at 40 years of age, he is learning that communication is key. It is not too late of course , and this is one of the primary reasons why I think that Min A is good for SHyeong - she never shies away from voicing her thoughts & asking questions. Her naturally gregarious nature can help draw out our very introverted SHyeong. Nothing wrong  being introverted of course, but it is completely necessary for partners to be open with each other for a relationship to thrive. 

On 7/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, stroppyse said:

MH is very different from Shin Hye, much more open and usually without filters. SHyeong's mother wouldn't be able to call MH calculating, nor that she comes from a calculating social climber family. I'm really looking forward to the remaining 4 "confessions" from MH to SHyeong.

It was sweet to see SHyeong applying SHwa's advice immediately. And it was not surprising that it was Min A that he starts opening up to. My observation is that he has a soft spot for her despite him closing up himself and not wanting to entertain any thoughts of being in a relationship. If anyone who can handle his overbearing mother , it will definitely be Min Ha! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

This scene is so cute ....poor Song Hwa. Even if she sounds so bad, they should let her sing once in awhile.  Not that they are performing for anyone right. 

It was so cute to see Father Peter's cameo, I laughed when they had to address why he looks so old for his age. IRL - the actor is about 12 years younger than Kim Hae Sook who plays Rosa.  I can understand Jong Su's envy - Rosa's children are wonderful and this is a testament to how she raised them.  I love how she tells Jong Su  the story of them always being chatty with her since they were kids. Communication is just as important between parent & child , the way it is between husband & wife. Lucky for Gyeol that Rosa is Jeong Wan's mother ! Imagine if she had to deal with SH's mum instead.

I was surprised that Ik Jun didn't notify the Head Nurse / Gyeol about his suspicion with regards to the abusive husband. Especially when the two of them are the ones actively monitoring the patient. Anyway, I should think it was meant to tie in with Gyeol's family background. Like everyone here, I get the feeling too that Gyeol's father could be abusive. 

Finally, I am still quite upset about what has been happening to Bidulgi. Poor Jun Wan. The worse part is that he is suffering in silence FOR ONE WHOLE YEAR! He cannot even tell anyone. And I understand that Ik Jun can't even talk to him about it given that he has to respect his sister's wishes. I am still a little taken aback they are going full on with using this beloved noble idiocy trope. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 7/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I think you meant to type once every two years? They’re smart in delaying it from happening because although her birthday is coming, they said no, not this year. Next year. So we will soon get to hear her sing, haha, since it’s already March again. 

Yep that's a mistake in my typing. I mean to write once every two years. Brain started to malfunction when it's almost midnight :psweatduck:

Talking about the songs, for the band session, Jun Wan glared a little to Ik Jun when the lyrics talked about wearing ring on left hand. It felt as if the song is talking about him. And I didn't catch it during the live stream, but actually the song was played first by Ik Sun when she's waiting in the Ik Jun's car. Sigh I really hope bidulgi will meet and talk face to face. Even if they don't want to rekindle their relationship again, at least end it in a good way. Not with misunderstanding:letalQQ:

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

,  ( I suspect she stole her MIL's ring out of anger),

I was thinking that she has enough with the marriage and Jung Hye treatment to her and  just want to take back the ring that she brought as her dowry. Almost for the whole year of their marriage, Jung Hye pointed out how poor her family and Shin Hye just wanted Seok Hyeong family wealth. Maybe she just want to end it and let them pointed fingers at her that she's a thief. Deep down I guess she also wanted to fish out some reaction from Seok Hyeong so that they could have the overdue talk and try to maintain their marriage, but with his silence even at her wrong action, I think it's the last straw and she chose to end it rather than to have endured everything alone and suffered for longer time. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was surprised that Ik Jun didn't notify the Head Nurse / Gyeol about his suspicion with regards to the abusive husband

Nurse Sonf knew about the problem. She was there with Ik Jun when he talked with the patient about the possibility that she got abused by her husband and whether she needed any help. For him to not letting Gyeo Ul knew about his suspicions was wrong and he could let the rest of the GS ward at least to be cautious about it. Or maybe he hoped that Nurse Song would let the rest of team know because she's in charge of the nusrse station. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Like everyone here, I get the feeling too that Gyeol's father could be abusive

Fans on twitter started to speculate that the cameo news of Yoo Jae Myung (another parent from Reply 88 ) might be related with Gyeo Ul family background. All of about Gyeo Ul family background are pure speculation and we'll have to see until next week whether it would be addressed at all or not.

We're going to see more of the new interns, residents and fellows in ep 6. I wonder where Yun Bok and Hong Do will have their internship when they begin their internship :thinking:

And for the big operations that almost many doctors and nurses are watching (based on the preview) I think it's held in a nursery. I'm trying to guess who are attending and I guess there's Jeong Won and possibility of Song Hwa. I think I also saw Seon Bin and Gyeo Ul. I wonder what happened? And is this a joint surgery by NS and PS? It would be interesting.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@abs-oluteM It's Croney! 

What a pity that they didn't show his face... The other half and I would love to see him make an actual  physical appearance on Hospital Playlist.

In fact we were just saying that we'd like to see Park Hae-soo who played Je-hyeok in PP do a cameo on HP. He might as well. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:28 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

In fact we were just saying that we'd like to see Park Hae-soo who played Je-hyeok in PP do a cameo on HP. He might as well. 

Considering all the PP crossovers , this would be great . Would be thrilled if he could have scenes with JunWan. 

---------------

So what would this one year time jump bring us? 
I am still salty about poor Jun Wan suffering in silence for the entire year

New stills

hospital-playlist2.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1