Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Gom-Gom couple's baby step... :smile:

What do the Chinese words say? Very tiny steps so far. In fact kind of like going back a few steps . LOL!

---------------

TVN releases stills of WG

https://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111603943

202106221012779850_60d149946a0c2.jpg

We got quite a lot of scenes of both Gyeol and Min A because I am speculating we may see less focus on them later. Both actresses are actually cast in other dramas  in lead roles ( SHB is in the middle of filming A Person Just Like You and the Ahn Eun Jin will begin filming for Only One Person soon) 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I’m 3/4 way through season 1, ready to re-watch S2 ep1. I love the oldies actually - the doctors’ parents. Can’t wait to see them up to their antics again. 

What I love about this show is that while there clearly is some kind of hospital politics going on, they focus mainly on the very real day to day struggles. The Chairperson is rich but painfully lonely, as is Prof Ahn’s mum - thankfully he’s given up on his life of celibacy. If it were a real life situation, I would say it would be quite wrong to go ahead without parental support. Poor mum!

Looking forward to seeing how the relationships continue to develop in this season and how the doctors all grow in their professionalism and individual selves. A little disappointed that S2 has started out with Song Hwa turning Ik Jun down. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:
5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What do the Chinese words say? Very tiny steps so far. In fact kind of like going back a few steps . LOL!

It’s the subs of what Min Ha said. I find that he smiles a lot in episode 1. And he is also more talkative in front of her. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hello everyone! I am sorry I couldn't get here earlier to share my thoughts of the episode (SO BUSY THIS FORTNIGHT). But here now, hopefully things will ease off and I can get here sooner.

This episode did not disappoint, it was clearly meant to be a crowd-pleaser, giving us everything we missed about the show (daily life, petty fights, the characters we know and love), picking up the loose ends from S1Ep12 to tie them up or springboard towards new narratives, all with a nice balance of humour, romance, pain and poignancy. I think that the only thing we are missing is a Lacking 5 meal! The only downside for me was the numerous parallels to S1 that the show incorporated. Some of them I thought were really important, but the frequency of it felt *a bit much*. One way I am choosing to look at these parallels is as a narrative device to recall the first season and what happened there.

Some thoughts and observations after watching the episode.

• Watching Seokhyung deliberate about his response to Minha showed me that he does have a care for her feelings even though he eventually went with the less-friendly sounding message.

• Sigh, Minha was already at the restaurant when she sent the text! And the way she was going through with it rather than just asking for the food to be taken away! She’s so optimistic and hopeful to really go after what she wants. I wasn’t surprised when she directly asked Seokhyung who YSH was. My stocks are invested in GomGom, we will see where this ride takes us!

• Bidulgi is so adorable! And I love how she’s pretending that they are not that far away by saying she will take the bus to come see him.

• So cute that the elders are having their own Christmas gathering! So Gyeoul really was the first to know that Jeongwon is staying since he only called Rosa and the Hospital Director after he got home! And Rosa is so quick on the update, she’s already figured out that Gyeoul contributed towards Jeongwon’s change of heart! And Rosa Best Mum not caring about Gyeoul’s background as long as her son is happy!

• From Ikjun’s appearance to Minha talking to Seokhyung, all the happenings here are just one day - 6 January 2020. I thought it was a span of a few weeks!

• Gomgom mirroring each other’s expressions in this episode are so cute. BRB investing in Gomgom stocks!

• Finally the Lacking 5 are together again! Took the show long enough! I think this is a cute callback to S1 when she was getting picked up but now she’s the one picking them up!

• I wasn’t sure why Ikjun was opening the window in the car but it reminded me of how Songhwa wanted to open the window when it was raining in Ep11.

• I sigh at the pain of Iksong right now, especially when I remember the happiness of the band scene for MTYYTM immediately after the confession. The rainbows in the tunnel, being artificial illuminations, to me was a symbol of the artificial peace they are going to try to maintain in their relationship after she rejects him. I hope they emerge into clearer air soon.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

10 hours ago, Jane said:

Gomgom mirroring each other’s expressions in this episode are so cute. BRB investing in Gomgom stocks!

Share your investigations if you come across any :D

This looks like a pre-released. @stroppyse, if by any chance you're free , can you translate? Thanks !

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Am finally done with my Season 1 + S2Ep1 rewatch. Am all ready for Ep2 tonight!

I wonder if they shot some of the ep1 scenes together with the ending of S1ep12… but within the first ep of current season, they’re already a few days into the winter post-Christmas. I didn’t think they needed to try that hard to “explain” U-joo’s growth too. The MIB reference seemed quite lame. It would’ve been good enough to time skip through the seasons and have U-joo appear in Ep2 or 3 actually. So that bit was the clumsiest part of Ep1. 

Otherwise, great to be back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

O gosh... I laughed till my belly hurt and tears escaped my eyes at the beginning of that ramen meal. 

Those strawberries look sooooo good. I just have to quote the first person who smiled at the news, which is SHwa: "I'm so happy for you. I always thought you'd made a good couple." And Ik Jun saying "No one can be happier than I am now" And then when JWon trying to be possessive boyfriend not allowing Ik Jun to call Gyeoul using "our" but Ik Jun reminded him that he can, but JWon is the one who cannot say that because it's a secret. It was just really a wonderful moment when all the gang being happy for JWon and Gyeoul, smiling and laughing while enjoying the sweet strawberries.

Love that we're seeing our doctors doing surgeries. When seeing SHwa in the operating theatre, I kinda wish that ACH is still around. I can't help but worry for SHwa that she is driving back and forth so much... Please transfer her back.

Cried with the mother who lost her premature baby :cry:  Cried again when SHyeong was reading the letter from the mother...

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I will post something more after I watched episode 2 with sub. For the time being I want to share the original song of thr upcoming OST part 2 which will be released tomorrow on June 25. Kim Dae Myung will be the one who sings! 

Song originally by Yoon Do Hyun & Band

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Episode 2 thoughts.

Jung Won - I think this episode highlights that while GW was possibly the most important reason he didn't leave for Italy for priest training, it wasn't the only reason. JW's scenes with the young Seung Won were funny as SW screamed his protests at taking the stitches out, but JW's talk with SW's mother was a touching heart felt conversation about a return to normalcy now that they weren't battling for SW's life.

Still, I had to laugh at JW finally telling his friends about GW, though their reception of the news was actually very sweet.

SHwa - She is really taking on the role of Daddy Long Legs, insisting on taking on all the VIP clients that she can, and pushing her friends to do more as well. It seems that IJ is really trying to make it seem a return to normal. However, I loved it that he knew to have her coffee waiting for her on her car. It wasn't too pushy or too much, which it would have been if he had been waiting to drive her or wanting her to stay over at his house. It was just comfortable and familiar and sweet.

Anyway, it seems as if the mother of the famous musician daughter is determined to have SHwa as a daughter-in-law, so I think that's why Seon Bin was giving SHwa advice to pretend that she has a bf. Makes me wonder what will come of that, if anything.

I'm starting to have hopes that SHyeong and MH may start a romance of some sort. SHyeong put his ex-wife off rather definitely, and his gaze when he looks at MH seems a bit softer.

JWan is feeling the frustration of having a gf who is far away that he only has limited communications with. I wonder where the Dove Couple story line will go, if any where.

It's definitely a drama of little, personal stories, but I think I'm as hooked on this second season as I was on the first one.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

[SPOILERS!!!][Hospital Playlist Season 2 Roundup + Naver TV Viewers Comments] Episode 2 

Hospital%2BPlaylist%2BSeason%2B2.jpg

Season 2 Episode 2 - June 24, 2021

Nationwide ratings for episode 2 that aired on June 24, 2021: 10.1% (cr. Naver TV)

1. [+1343 / -7] Ahn Jung Won getting worked up over him (Ik Joon) saying "our Gyeo Wool" is hella funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+977 / -7] My wish is for Ahn Jung Won to get jealous once a day

3. [+844 / -7] Ah seriously ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I really like the five of them ㅋㅋㅋ By the way, in the teaser there was talk about getting married,, is that about Jung Won..?

4. [+621 / -3] Look at Ahn Jung Won overflowing of charm - w i l d

5. [+616 / -5] "I'm seeing her too" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah so funny

1. [+1173 / -3] She was *bleep* cool when she said, "I'm Chae Song Hwa" and it was so cool when she sharply said that the residents are people who studied this area for more than 10 years, our baepsae ♡ (t/n: this is a baepsae/Korean crow-tit)

2. [+853 / -2] I'm all embarrassed.. but I feel relieved because Song Hwa said everything needed at the end

3. [+725 / -4] It was over when she said, "I'm Chae Song Hwa..." 👍

4. [+677 / -3] Our Song Hwa doesn't hold back when people look down on the residents~

5. [+558 / -3] The way Song Hwa deals with things is mature.. Please be my professor ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+506 / -4] Excuse me, ma'am - both the professors and the residents studied and worked for over 10 years but how can you look down on people like that??? 

7. [+483 / -3] It's sweet how Song Hwa protected the residents ㅜㅜㅜㅜ 

8. [+365 / -3] Song Hwa is the best ㅠㅠㅠ So refreshing.. Everyone is working hard - ma'am, don't look down on doctors...

9. [+336 / -5] The ahjumma is f*cking bitchy 😡😡 It seems like the hospital director became friends with the wrong person *tsk tsk*

10. [+324 / -7] It ended with "I'm Chae Song Hwa" 

998d05ae-6e13-4b43-8ba9-7398457995d3_B.j

1. [+1047 / -1] There are so many people all over the country who are waiting for an organ transplant but you're drinking??? Aren't you even sorry to your daughters who risked their lives for the transplant??

2. [+890 / -4] Lee Ik Joon is hella cool, this isn't something you can't get angry over,, he's forreal f*cking cool,,

3. [+841 / -3] It's my first time seeing Ik Joon angry but everything he said is so right....

4. [+665 / -3] Seriously, even I would've had doubts if I was Ik Joon. The patient's actions are even more disappointing and anger-inducing because he saw so many patients..

5. [+628 / -2] It's a given that there wasn't a liver available for him and even if his daughters said they will donate their livers, it's common for his body to not accept the donated organ but he luckily received two liver transplants but the fact that he continues to drink, gosh... It's rude to both the organ donor and the doctor 🤦🏻‍♀️ I think I would've been shocked as well if I was the doctor who performed the transplant surgery ㅠ (and the doctor worked hard twice with the surgery + care.. *sigh*) 
Spoiler

003fd19f-ec76-410e-9d2e-337abf42385b_B.j

1. [+812 / -4] Chu Min Ha... In front of the post office in autumn... Am I the only one whose heart is racing?

2. [+733 / -3] The video title ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They said that our dummy bear made his debut ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+585 / -2] The drama's genre was fantasy. What kind of doctors look like that, are skilled, friendly, and good at singing

4. [+457 / -3] It's autumn, ChuChu ㅠㅠㅠ This is a profitable stock

5. [+431 / -2] Dummy bear, congrats on your debut as a vocalist Now the only thing remaining is to date Min Ha,,

6. [+373 / -3] The 'Hospital Playlist' team really likes the 'dummy bear' nickname ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+341 / -1] He's hella good at singing 

Spoiler

6973cc16-7894-4781-9e34-bf459da6486f_B.j

1. [+843 / -4] No but ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The amount of sweet and salty is insane ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was sad after seeing Dr. Chu Min Ha but I'm going crazy laughing because of Lee Ik Joon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ddukbokki ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even his eye gaze acting is hella funny..

2. [+830 / -1] "Oh, look who it is! You're my ddukbokki, ddubokki is my love, ChuChu~~" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Ik Joon's energy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+662 / -3] She [the fox] said she only drinks decaf. Ah, f*………

4. [+557 / -5] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The bear's legit eye gaze when looking at the fox ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+491 / -5] I feel like it would be fun working if you had a coworker like Lee Ik Joon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ha, crazy energy Lee Ik Joon

Spoiler
d9e2e384-22a4-4d4f-9659-e4d5a282619a_B.j1. [+793 / -13] That's right Seok Hyung, you did well with drawing the line so now start seeing Min Ha...🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

2. [+695 / -3]  He's really honest and how much burden did Seok Hyung's family give the wife that he's still apologizing...

3. [+669 / -3] Because the two of them didn't break up because they didn't like each... But both of their image looks good together and I'm curious about how they were in the past... I feel like he might've been a bit different because Seok Hyung became a mama boy after his mom got sick

4. [+657 / -8] But his ex-wife is really pretty, so pretty, she's beautiful

Spoiler
f6f3f067-89a0-413d-9786-780bcb01f96d_B.j1. [+998 / -4] I thought that might've been the reason when she asked Sun Bin about her schedule. Anyways, there's barely any teachers like that in reality so I at least want my heart to get warm through a drama.

2. [+679 / -1] Chae Song Hwa...... she's an awesome professor....... Chae Song Hwa, go eat awesomeness..

3. [+647 / -1] In the middle of all this, what's with Jo Jung Suk and the bronze mask ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He was getting that angry a few minutes ago ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ My gosh, seriously ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+561 / -1] Chae Song Hwa, you seriously can't help but love her

5. [+558 / -0] I was wondering what he was doing on the side but he was making a bronze statue of Song Hwa ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I seriously can't 

6. [+515 / -1] As expected, 'Hospital Playlist' was a fantasy drama 

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): Bad things at times do happen to good people.

Spoiler
17a658bc-29f5-4f7d-b526-504743214834_B.j1. [+1233 / -5] Ah seriously..... Yang Seok Hyung, you teddy bear-like bastard.... I'm seriously tearing up ㅠㅠ

2. [+1142 / -7] "Bad things at times do happen to good people"... It seriously good words that are comforting ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+836 / -4] Yang Seok Hyung... that's why he took out that book... ㅜ

4. [+831 / -9] The day before yesterday, I sent off my baby through a D&C procedure and my emotions were all over the place day by day but I was sad while sympathizing with that pregnant woman and then I exploded into tears and was comforted after seeing Professor Yang Seok Hyung's words,, Even though people said it wasn't my fault, I was blaming myself but thank you for comforting me with good words. I'll treasure those words too..!!

5. [+749 / -5] When my mom was pregnant with me, the water broke within a few months so the doctor told her to give up and get surgery but thanks to a doctor like Dr. Seok Hyung, my mom drank so much water and took so many medicine because she was determined to fill up her amniotic fluid... In the end, I grew up well after being born two months premature and I became an adult~ While watching this, I felt appreciative towards the doctor who told my mom not to give up.    
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm starting to have hopes that SHyeong and MH may start a romance of some sort. SHyeong put his ex-wife off rather definitely, and his gaze when he looks at MH seems a bit softer.

I have that feeling too. The show is definitely closing off any hopes that SHyeong and his wife would reconcile. Did you notice that Ik Jun seemed relieved that they aren't reconciling? I wonder now what happened then. SH seems to blame himself for not being there for her when she had a hard time. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, it seems as if the mother of the famous musician daughter is determined to have SHwa as a daughter-in-law, so I think that's why Seon Bin was giving SHwa advice to pretend that she has a bf. Makes me wonder what will come of that, if anything

I read on twitter , though I think it is purely speculation at this point, that this could be Lee Kyu Hyung's cameo. I am surprised that SHwa did not reject the mother outright making me wonder if she was being polite or she didn't mind meeting someone.

But okay IkSong shippers ...do not panic ....there were still a lot of moments between the two & clearly the close friendship between  them remains strong.  Though I do think right now that SHwa is very happy with her new mission as Daddy Long Legs and commuting between Sockcho and Yulje . It just comes across to me that she isn't thinking about getting into a relationship just yet. Yet being the operative word here - it is a long season after all with 14 more weeks to go.

There were some moments that stood out for me . Of course , no need to say how amused I was at Jeong Won telling the rest about him and Gyeol dating.  JW telling Ik Jun not to use the word "uri Gyeol " anymore just cracked me up. Like I mentioned on the ship thread, it won't be long before the entire hospital knows. But more importantly for me is that JW states that Gyeol is one of the reasons he is staying. She need not be the sole reason he has decided not to change careers - my shipper heart is happy enough that she had a part to play for his talent retention in Yulje.

However my favourite scenes were actually Ik Jun being stern and warning that liver patient, and the the one with SHyeong and the mother of the premature baby who died. They are somewhat contrasting scenes for me . We were shown how gentle they have been in talking to their patients but seeing Ik Jun get mad at the alcoholic man for taking things for granted left such an impression . It was realistic and sends a good message about how you have a responsibility towards your own health. However like SHyeong told the mother of the dead baby that sometimes bad things do happen to good people. So there are times  when it really is not up to you, and this is where you need to let go and not beat yourself up for it. This, I feel , is why this drama is well-loved and viewers relate because it looks at things from different perspectives and there are plenty of layers in its story telling.

Jun Wan is  feeling frustrated for not being able to be there physically for Ik Sun after hearing about the racist incident she went through. I do think this couple has a strong foundation and both are working hard on making their LDR work. Their issues are not fundamental differences in values or expectations of each other ( at least that is the impression I have gotten so far), and I think this physical separation is only temporary. I don't foresee them breaking up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh I laughed so hard at this...

Comical Ikjun never fail to make me:laugh::laugh:

currently watching ep 2:heart: get 1/4 part of it bcs interrupted, until Jeongwon tell besties about his relationship, the reaction is indeed sweeeeet!! Love them 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

However my favourite scenes were actually Ik Jun being stern and warning that liver patient, and the the one with SHyeong and the mother of the premature baby who died. They are somewhat contrasting scenes for me . We were shown how gentle they have been in talking to their patients but seeing Ik Jun get mad at the alcoholic man for taking things for granted left such an impression . It was realistic and sends a good message about how you have a responsibility towards your own health. However like SHyeong told the mother of the dead baby that sometimes bad things do happen to good people. So there are times  when it really is not up to you, and this is where you need to let go and not beat yourself up for it. This, I feel , is why this drama is well-loved and viewers relate because it looks at things from different perspectives and there are plenty of layers in its story telling.

Nice point you make. I do like the scene of IJ firing the liver transplant patient. I think I forgot that the man had actually had 2 liver transplants, once each from each of his daughters. I think getting a transplant from one's child should have woken him up to taking better care of his liver, but guess not. It's actually very rare to fire a patient, so I'm glad IJ did. I think being fired as IJ's patient hit harder than the sacrifice that both of his daughters have made for him. That scene just made me so mad, and I think that the man does not deserve any more organ transplants when he's just going to go back to drinking himself into stupor.

As for SHyeong and the mother of the dead premie baby. I thought what he ultimately told the mother was sweet, but her letter to him was also sweet, including her wish that he'll be her doctor if she's ever fortunate to become pregnant again.

I'm looking forward to seeing Woo Joo again in the next episode.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
3 hours ago, bairama said:

Ayyy think you all should read this, interestingg

This is definitely one that will cheer the Ik Song shippers . cc @LaLa @SnowBlob @Lynne @Emi

You're right @ktcjdrama, amazing how these kfans can deduce these things

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1