Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

One more week...

What does this mean - casting of fixed actors has been omitted?

Excited with new characters!! Which one all of you anticipate the most?! 

Some of potential new characters:

1) Seokhyung's ex wife 

2) Extended family: Junwan's sister, Songhwa's 3 brothers, Gyeoul's family 

3) New residents/professor? 

Funny that we all have so many scenarios from fanfic and our imagination within 1 year of waiting for potential story in Season 2 and will some of it be come true?! :yoongibtspls:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
1 minute ago, Tammy_fullofdrama said:

) Seokhyung's ex wife 

I have to say because I have a thing for melodramas ahahahaha, I won't mind seeing this. It will definitely spice things up for Gom Gom ship :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What does this mean - casting of fixed actors has been omitted?

I think it means they don’t have to do anymore casting because the actors for main characters have already been fixed. They only need to cast the new additional ones. Saves quite a bit of time, I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Interesting ...there will be a time jump:

Hospital Playlist Season 2 to begin with a Time Jump; Casts Tease Romance, Change in Relationships

By Ilin Mathew

June 10, 2021 17:49 +08

With just a week left for the premiere of Hospital Playlist season 2, director Shin Won Ho and lead casts – Jo Jung Suk, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung, and Jeon Mi Do -- shared several details about the show through an online press conference. The press meet was held on Thursday, July 10, in front of the Yulje Medical Center set.

During the event that began with the self-introduction of main casts, director Won Ho and the actors spoke about the differences between seasons 1 and 2 of this popular medical drama. They also dished about changing relationships for central characters and teased romance for the doctors of Yulje Medical Center. They even revealed that the new sequel will begin with a time jump.

Changing Relationships and Romance for Central Characters of Hospital Playlist Season 2

Cast member Jung Suk, who portrays general surgeon Lee Ik Jun in the mini-series, asked K-drama fans to look forward to the changing relationships between the central characters in the new sequel. While some of the characters will continue to maintain their friendships, others may take their relationship to the next level.

The medical drama concluded its first season by teasing romance for Ik Jun, Chae Song Hwa, Ahn Jeong Won, and Jang Gyeo Wool. In the last episode of season 1, Ik Jun and his long-time friend Song Hwa were confused about taking their relationships to the next level. According to some K-drama fans, these two characters are likely to take the central stage in the second season without getting involved in a romantic relationship.

But for Jeong Won and Gyeo Wool, the new sequel could be packed with hugs, kisses, secret dates, and romantic meetings. The followers of this medical drama are looking forward to seeing them as an official couple of Yulje Medical Center in the first episode of season 2.

Hospital Playlist Season 2 to Begin with a Time Jump

Meanwhile, director Won Ho revealed that the new sequel of this popular medical drama will start with a time jump. The viewers will get to know more about it through several flashback sequences. He also dished deeper relationships between the central characters and some good musical performances from Jung Suk and the team.\

Actor Dae Myung, who portrays gynecologist Yang Seok Hyeong in the mini-series, also said the main highlight of this season is the band. According to him, the lead casts worked hard and improved their skills to do better in the new sequel.

In the meantime, cast members Mi Do, Yeon Seok, and Kyung Ho asked the viewers to check out the stories of patients, the residents, and other staff members of Yulje Medical Center in the second season. In this sequel, the K-drama fans will know more about the residents and their relationships with the central characters.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/hospital-playlist-season-2-begin-time-jump-casts-tease-romance-change-relationships-58073

• Shocked 2
  • Party! 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 6/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, Tammy_fullofdrama said:

Excited with new characters!! Which one all of you anticipate the most?! 

Some of potential new characters:

1) Seokhyung's ex wife 

2) Extended family: Junwan's sister, Songhwa's 3 brothers, Gyeoul's family 

3) New residents/professor? 

Seokhyung's ex-wife for me too! I want to know who she is and if she turns out to be a lovely person.. i want SH to go back to his ex-wife (sorry GomGom shipper :btsjklove:)

@abs-oluteM I was saying in IkSong thread... Would they make us guess the whole season on what SHwa's answer was to IJ's confession ..and reveal through flashback bit by bit? :psweatduck: but that would make it very much like Reply wouldnt it? Ahahhahahahah

@Lynne eh...hahahaha Shwa's looking away on both posters :PsyWhat:

I didnt watch and most likely won't watch the press con but hopefully i wont miss much.

• Haha 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

@abs-oluteM I was saying in IkSong thread... Would they make us guess the whole season on what SHwa's answer was to IJ's confession ..and reveal through flashback bit by bit? :psweatduck: but that would make it very much like Reply wouldnt it? Ahahhahahahah

baahahhaah...they tortured my ship ...they will torture yours also. :Ghastlel: If not, how to keep our interest. This season will be all eyes on Ik Song. Can they move past being friends ?

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Seokhyung's ex-wife for me too! I want to know who she is and if she turns out to be a lovely person.. i want SH to go back to his ex-wife (sorry GomGom shipper :btsjklove:)

LOL! So bad. I like Gom Gom...but I am not confident if this ship would sail. I am also keen to know what will happen to Bidulgi couple.

The final BTS special for S1. Nicely timed for S2. Lots of stuff for all the ships, the 5 of them singing . But hahahah, I zoomed in first to the kiss at the 19th minute. It was 3 kisses .  I feel cheated now. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 6/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, abs-oluteM said:

baahahhaah...they tortured my ship ...they will torture yours also. 

The thing is...while they're torturing you they have also tortured us since season 1....so we got tortured longerrr :laugh: the sailing of the ship is bettet done in a way that gives immense satisfaction. 

On 6/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, abs-oluteM said:

LOL! So bad. I like Gom Gom...but I am not confident if this ship would sail. I am also keen to know what will happen to Bidulgi couple.

My theory is.. It can't be the 5 of them got together with a new person..hahahaha... It would make it more interesting to explore re-establishing relationship with your ex-wife :laugh:

• Haha 5

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

13 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

The thing is...while they're torturing you they have also tortured us since season 1....so we got tortured longerrr :laugh: the sailing of the ship is bettet done in a way that gives immense satisfaction. 

I think all of us will be tortured together regardless of the ship because we all love the drama! 

On 6/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Hospital Playlist Season 2 to Begin with a Time Jump

Meanwhile, director Won Ho revealed that the new sequel of this popular medical drama will start with a time jump. The viewers will get to know more about it through several flashback sequences.

Oh this is interesting, I didn't read from other translators the context of the time jump like that. I think I won't speculate anymore on the time jump and just let the drama take us for a ride!

I can't believe this new week will finally bring us a new episode! We have weathered the wait together everyone!

• Like 1
  • Party! 4

Hello everyone ! Cannot believe it is less than 5 days to the premiere of S2. @Jane and @LaLa have come up with a poll in anticipation of the 2nd season :Party01:. Many thanks to the two of them for taking the time to brainstorm .Have fun and vote folks!

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 3

@abs-oluteM I just want to let you know that option 3 and 4 for questions 3 is the same. If the vote can't be changed or when the vote options is changed and will reset the vote, will you let me know? I'll re-do the vote again. After that I'll tag others about the vote :)

Thank you for setting up the vote. Thanks to @Janefor making the questions and options look neat and clean too! I couldn't imagine if my rough draft questions is posted 😅 It was so messy

Finally this Thursday! After exactly one year we will see the next warm and intimate stories of our favourite doctors! :GengarAww:

*edit

tagging people to let you know about the polls.

@SnowBlob @Lynne @SilverMoonTea @stroppyse  @im0202@40somethingahjumma @ryanallright @left_phalange @Tammy_fullofdrama @ktcjdrama @Mouse @bairama @Alice Wonderland @Ameera

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Party! 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Happy voting in the poll, people! @LaLa and I had fun thinking of the questions and options! My responses:

1. The identity of Daddy Long Legs

2. Yoon Shin Hye - Since she was the final cliffhanger of S1, of course I want to know why she's calling Seokhyung. Gomgom is going to be the ship I am very interesting to find out more about this S2!

3. How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors - So far, only Junwan's reason has been shown the most so I am hoping to see how the rest was drawn to their specialties. I feel like there is a story behind Songhwa's and Seokhyung's.

4. 3. It seems like Seong-yeong will be in GS but will there be more? I am going to say yes!

5. Wintergarden - DUH! My ship! What will they do after three kisses! How do they DTR? Do they hide, do they go public? How will they date while they work? Will the age gap affect them in anyway? How will the stages of the professional lives factor in their relationship growth? I am excited to see all that and more!

A full thread of all the character profiles here:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Well, there's already many versions of the characters descriptions that has been shared and translated in twitter timeline (one example is the one that @Jane has shared in her post), but because I do have and keep the characters descriptions that I have translated one year ago in my word documents, I decided to just share it in here. 

As I don't have much time to do and review all the new character descriptions, I'll start first with our Mido and Falasol team members. 

@stroppyse a heads up, the character desxription for season 2 has been released in the tvn official page

source : http://program.tving.com/tvn/doctorlife2/9/Contents/View#

Note : What I have written below is just a rough translation, so it might contains some mistakes. I apologize in advance for that. Note: the paragraph that is bold and italic points out to the new characters description added in season 2. The other parts are already exists from season 1. 

1. Lee Ik Jun (Male / Medical School Class 99, Assistant Professor, Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery / 40 years old)

Spoiler

A genius who is acknowledged by other geniuses! His studies, operating skills and even his guitars’ skills! A multi-talented man who can do many things

If you look at Ik Jun, well... The world is unfair.

Even though he absolutely never misses a chance to play, he is always number 1 in the school!
He was born with a good brain and his concentration is also amazing. He entered and graduated from the medical school as the top of his class and is the fastest among his peers to succeed and be promoted.

His life doesn't know any failures. That's why for Ik Jun, life is fun and pleasant. As the mood maker, a good sense and cheerful personality are the secret of his popularity and charm.

However, Ik Jun’s biggest charm is that he does not take things lightly. Working together to save a patient’s life, he is a doctor who is always thankful for the hard work of the operating room family.

Ik Jun's treatment is far from 3 minutes and even longer than 30 minutes. To appreciate the donors and understanding the beneficiary's desire, he keeps listening to the stories of the patients.

As he does so, the consultations run longer than the designated treatment time, leaving the nurses non-plussed.

Of course his talkativeness is not limited with his patients. From what he knows to any specifics things, for one question he will give long speeches and make his friends having a hard time.   

Working at the hospital while also taking care of Woo Joo, he really has a busy life but never once he blamed his wife, Hye Jung. Even when people sarcastically call Hye Jung 'a fantasticly ambitious wife’, Ik Jun always supports her.
“It's my choice to make the people I love happier than me!”

That's Ik Jun's love method.

He never wanted to get back-stabbed in the back like this for the first time. When Hye Jung requested a divorce, Ik Jun finally knew. My method of loving has been wrong…

Did he regret it? Was it unfair?
No! There is only one thing in Ik Jun's mind. Now the one that he has to take care of is himself and Woo Joo.

He realized that he had healed the wounds of his heart that he wasn’t aware of, by eating, listening to the rain sounds and sharing his daily life with Song Hwa. And now he wants to head forward on a slightly different relationship with Song Hwa. Without any greed, gradually, step by step.

2. Ahn Jeong Won (Medical School Class 99, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Surgery / 40 years old) 

Spoiler

Schweitzer... no, he could even win against Confucius and Mencius. He is the owner of an angelic personality. Even though it’s inappropriate since he is Catholic, his nickname is 'Buddha'.

The cries of the children who are more familiar with their hospital beds than their parents' embrace.  The rants of the parents feeling helpless and don't know where to release their rage, the heartbreaking cries of pediatric surgeons.

In pediatric surgery, when your heart is more tired than your body, Jeong Won's warmth brings comfort and hope. He might feel tired after being a doctor for the last 20 years, but he has never shown his anger towards the guardian and his patients or even with his colleagues.
That's why his nickname is 'Buddha'. Even though it’s inappropriate since he is Catholic.

Of course, his 'Buddha-ness' doesn't work for his group of classmates. What’s so great about not expressing his anger? Of course, his stubbornness and over-sensitivity are givens, and he can hold grudges too.

He will have a restless night over a small mistake, and once he made a decision he won't eat even a bite before he see the end of it.

From his university days, Jeong Won was a little bit different from his peers. Naturally, people would be interested with Jung Won, want to know about him and asked about him again and again. But ironically, only the 4 people who had no particular interest in him have remained as his friends for 20 years.

Jeong Won's hobby is to take a picture but he has burried away the camera because of the children who only left their smiles inside the pictures when they're gone. When he's looking at the children's name, his heart is hurting and keep thinking that being a doctor is not his way. For a very long time.

He had wanted to be a priest, even before his older brothers or sisters. He wavered from his dream of being a doctor, but he has never given up his dream to be a priest.

The love that came in his 20s, the honor that he got in his 30s, there is nothing as bright as his dream being a priest. People may sneer at the rich 'chaebol' who was born with a golden spoon but Jung Won, like his namesake 'a garden' silently heads toward the thorny path.

And now, there is not much time left.

It was the children who stopped the pendulum of that time.
Leaving the side of sick children, it was not something that Jeong Won could give up for.

Jeong Won who valued others’ happiness more than his own.  Now he is moving toward to a place where he and the person he loves can be happy together.

3. Kim Jun Wan (Male, Medical School Class 99, Associate Professor of Cardiothoracic Surgery / 40 years old) 

Spoiler

He is the legendary crazy man from cardiothoracic surgery which is the department of the crazies during medical school. To the residents he is the devil, even more evil to the patients, which made him called as Doctor of ‘Satan’.

Heart (the organ) is heart and heart is love... The heart of the hospital 'cardiothoracic surgery' has been understaffed for several years. That means it is a rare item in the hospital!

Jun Wan is the one who calmly protects this kind of cardiothoracic surgery. Of course his personal story is not that easy. It was a sudden attack from his senior when they were playing computer games together... He was concentrating with the game when his senior asked "How about (joining) cardiothoracic surgery?" He didn't even remember what his answer was.

The moment he got a hold of himself... He was already standing in the middle of cardiothoracic surgery, a gunless battlefield. And then he decided!

“It's hard so might as well trying for success as much as I can!!!”

The result of the surgery that didn't do well as he wanted, blaming himself when there is no other way but to let the patients go. His rudeness and heartless personality made him looks cold to others. Because of that, to the resident and patients he is a cold-hearted person.

But there is one thing that can make Jun Wan laughs.

It is a bright beautiful red heart who beats again after the surgery.

Even for 40 year-old Joon Wan who whines that everything is not fun, there is one thing that he has had passion for since he was a 20 year-old!

It is women.

But the problem is that he can't date for a long time! Now, even when he is in love and meeting someone new, he feels lonely. Very much so.

His dream is to become a normal head of family, but one wonders if he is being punished for having been a playboy.

A tsundere-like Jun Wan weakness is Song Hwa. A rude Jun Wan, when in front of Song Hwa strangely become a gentle sheep. They are friends but he respects her and of the same age but feels like an adult. He trusts and follows Song Hwa the most.   

When everything is troublesome and boring at the moment, a pigeon named 'Ik Sun' flew into Jun Wan's heart. When he is thinking about her, it makes him smile and by only hearing to her voice, it can make the corner of his lips twitch upwards.

Looking at her walking towards him from the distance, he feels as if his heart rate is over 300 bpm. His heart is beating so fast and got excited.

“I think... A big crowd of people have come inside my heart!”

The person in this world who can cure this disease is the one and only Ik Sun. 

What Jun Wan wants to do with Ik Sun is to heal the wounds of her heart and just become a good boyfriend who stays with Ik Sun for a long time to make her tender heart doesn’t get hurt again.
It was only that...
But even that it’s not easy

4. Yang Seok Hyeong (Male, Medical School Class 99, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology/ 40) 

Spoiler

A hermit-like loner whose is completely inscrutable, a voluntary outsider, it's amazing to be able to breath and live, an epitome of laziness.

It is the only place in the hospital where hearing someone's crying make you happy. It's a place where mystery of birth and wonders of life shine brightly. That is obstetrics/gynecology department.
And...There is someone with the unhappiest expression. He is Seok Hyeong.

With a sullen expression which conveys no inner thoughts, he barely answers the question that was asked with his looks, he is an unusual doctor but he covers his feelings with his good skills. His treatment room is always crowded.

Other than his job as a doctor, there is nothing normal about him. At the age of 40, a mama-boy who keeps saying 'mom, mom', he feels awkward to talk in front of other people so when his mom call, he answers it via message app. Inside his empty house, his hobby and specialty is watching TV while seating on a recliner.
Seok Hyeong's view of life is that in the least of human relationship is the least of communication.

Luckily, when he was in college, the choice of 'that day' gave him the only friends of his life. The awkward to meet alone with Joon Wan, the jealousy inducing Jung Won, and Ik Jun who finds Seok Hyung interesting yet gives him a hard time. And lastly until the end of his life the only girl-person-friend Song Hwa...

Though it might be his delusion, but he has spent all of his youth with them, and also shared and lived as the human 'Yang Seok Hyeong' with them.

In a life where everything is annoying, listless and boring and there is nothing fun to enjoy, a big change came to a 40 years-old Seok Hyeong.

"Guys! Let's do a band again! Me! I want to do a band!"   

It's the first time, for Seok Hyeong to speak in a loud voice like that.

It was Seok Hyeong who was always feeling sorry.

Towards his first love, Song Hwa, to whom he pointlessly confessed and left her feeling concerned.

Towards his ex-wife with whom he had a relationship because of his father, but who ultimately left him after feeling only hurt by him.
And… towards his younger sister Ji Eun who suffered as she died.

Seok Hyeong had not known how to hate or to blame others… Ultimately, the anger that he had been burying deep down inside… Blew up with his mother's tears.

His father dirty money had paid for Seok Hyeong's life. Even when others pointed their fingers at him, with the excuse 'he is my father' he closed his eyes. But now, there's no place left for his father in Seok Hyeong's life.

Now it's time to break and open his wings, for the sake his mother who only cries. He smiles, he talks, he warmly embraces her, he lives for the sake of his mother.

Through a big up and downs of his life, Seok Hyeong was able to find a way to be happy on his own. Doing something that he wants. Making a choice for his happiness.

And because he has friends whom he can share that precious time with, he is no longer feeling lonely.

He wanted to celebrate Christmas with a lighthearted heart, but when Min Ha and his ex-wife Shin Hye contacted him one after another, Seok Hyung’s expression becomes complicated again.  

5. Chae Song Hwa (Female, Medical School Class 99, Associate Professor of Neurosurgery/ 40)

Spoiler

A charisma comes from a small body! A professor who is respected by her juniors, a permanent fixture inside the hospital, got questioned when she eat and sleep, known as 'ghost'.

'Brain', an unknown world, got called as the small universe of our body! Attracted to that mystical charm, she has been going back and forth from hospital to home and back to hospital for the last 10 years.

Song Hwa is the hospital permanent fixture ghost and become the only female professor in neurosurgery. If she gives up now, then she has to hear the words 'woman tends to do that' again. In front of my juniors, they called me 'the only female professor', a horrible title that I didn't want to stick. No matter what prosecution and deprivation or discrimination I had to face, I won't give up and will endure it again and again.

In contrast to the appearance of a girl in a small body, on the inside she is strong and meaningful. In the unusual medical school of class 99, inside a four person room, she is the owner of the leadership in that room. To the patients she is a kind doctor and to her juniors she is a professor whom they can trust and follow.

During her busy schedules, she read the juniors' thesis meticulously, and the first person to come for emergency surgery. In front of the operating table, to her juniors, Song Hwa's expressions that is sharper than the scalpel, she is respected and acts a symbol of hope who can save a life.

No love can win against Song Hwa wishes to save the patients' life. Of course she had a first love. At the age of 20 years-old, that time when the youth of the year burned Song Hwa with love. After that, she has no particular memory about dating or sad farewell.

Song Hwa life hospital, patient and thesis! With these 3, her life is perfect.
Living as hospital 'ghost' all she got is neck pain (or herniated cervical disk) and gluttonous appetite.

The only pleasure for Song Hwa is going alone and camping in the peaceful nature. Someday, buying a cool camping car and going for a nationwide tour, that are Song Hwa's small dreams.

Even for Song Hwa who is like an iron man, the sick cry of patient leaves a wound in her heart. And instead of taking care of that wound, another scar was applied over it. For herself, who exhausted physically and mentally, Song Hwa decided to leave go the hospital branch in Sokcho.

And then the unexpected visit from Ik Jun... Followed by his confession.
Will she be able to give a wise Chae Song Hwa-like answer to him this time again?

• Thanks 5
  • Awesome 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Ooo thanks @LaLa for the translations . From the additional descriptions that you have added to their characters, this is my interpretation with regards to what to expect for the love lines

IkSong- PD is gonna do a "will they won't they" for the entire season. 

WG - enjoy the honey moon period ( maybe they'll make it angsty at the end of S2 as we go into S3)

Bidulgi - rocky road ahead ( but I have a feeling that a wedding may actually happen for them)

Gom -gom - prepare for love triangle !

:heiboi:

Let's get ready for a long season. 4 months ( assuming 16 episodes ) - gosh let's hope I will last....ahahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 5