Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

I was pressed for time when I watched ep 2 so tbh I fast-forwarded some scenes :pandaheadstomp: 

I think this ep is one of those eps that don't really have any 'ups nor downs' for me. In terms of IkSong, although there are some nice and light scenes together, they didn't pull my heart string as ep 1 did (because honestly, nothing in this ep can beat the awkwardness and sadness of IkJun in ep1). After watching ep 2, I feel like SHwa is nowhere close to wanting a romantic relationship with IkJun (or with anybody ... unless she's really thinking of meeting with the violinist's brother ). She seems to be really content to be where she's at right now. She's so happy being the Daddy'slongleg...and she's looking forward to operating more patients. This ep doesn't show at all how she's affected by her own answer to Ij's question in ep 1. Well.. after all, we haven't been shown much of her POV since season 1. 

And ok, last ep finally we got to see Jeong Won and Jun Wan's house + SHwa's new car. This ep, we're shown IJ's car.. (I didn't remember what car he's driving in Season 1??). but here he's driving a Mercedez.. same car brand like SHwa? Is this a product placement I wonder :laugh:

Although it's cool that the revelation of who SHwa was took part much later in the conversation between the violinist+mum and SHwa.. but I think irl, this wouldn't happen?? For sure you must introduce your name when meeting a patient and his/her family at first. But I did like the effect the later revelation brought about.. hopefully it taught the mother and the daughter a thing or two about not looking down on someone just because they're young or just because they're 'only' resident. 

I also thought it cool that IJ dared to scold the liver patient like that. He obviously took his children's liver for granted and without the scolding, he would probably continue to take people's organs lightly. But again irl, not sure whether this is even allowed??? Is a doctor allowed to refuse a patient on the ground such as this??

I found it super cute the way JunWan communicating with IkSun on the phone :hearties:

Thank you @bairama for posting the theory from twitter about SeokMin being SHwa's assistant in the surgery. I wonder whether this will be revealed later on if it's truly so~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

But again irl, not sure whether this is even allowed??? Is a doctor allowed to refuse a patient on the ground such as this??

I thought about the same thing. But maybe he will be allowed if he reports the patient's behaviour as ground to refuse?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Although it's cool that the revelation of who SHwa was took part much later in the conversation between the violinist+mum and SHwa.. but I think irl, this wouldn't happen?? For sure you must introduce your name when meeting a patient and his/her family at first. But I did like the effect the later revelation brought about.. hopefully it taught the mother and the daughter a thing or two about not looking down on someone just because they're young or just because they're 'only' resident. 

It was a bit contrived. When meeting someone for the first time, you usually introduce yourself by name after all, even more so since the standard Korean greeting is to give your name and to say that you are meeting the person for the first time.

However, I can see why they contrived it a bit so that they could allow for SHwa's speech about residents also being doctors with years of experience behind them.

But again irl, not sure whether this is even allowed??? Is a doctor allowed to refuse a patient on the ground such as this??

There are definitely circumstances under which a doctor can transfer care of a patient to another doctor. I don't think that they can just fire a patient without transferring care. However, that patient would not be ranked high on the list for transplants, not after willfully destroying the transplants he had already been given.

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

This ep doesn't show at all how she's affected by her own answer to Ij's question in ep 1.

I thought that SHwa was pretending that IJ never asked the question. Since IH asked his question in the hypothetical in Season 1, and SHwa's answer was to tell IJ not to confess to his long-term crush because it'll make it uncomfortable for both of them, I thought that both SHwa and IJ were pretending that the question and response never happened. IJ was still a caring friend before his confession, and he is still a caring friend. SHwa has enough on her plate with her "commuting" from Seokchon and the Daddy Long Legs program that she's probably put it from her mind. However, there are things that can't be unsaid, so I'm waiting in anticipation to see when SHwa will stop pretending, and how that will unfold.

I guess I still think that IkSong is an end game. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteM, translation of this version of the preview.

SHwa: The patient’s condition isn’t good, so I don’t think there is much time. Please take a look, will you?
IJ: It’s someone you know, isn’t it? Who is it?
JWon: He was this person’s rival. Wasn’t he your rival?
IJ: Rival? Rival whatever.
GW: Professor, what will you do if people see us? If we continue like this, we’re going to be caught out immediately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Pls understand which ship I am from ahahaha ...so naturally this is the 1st thing I check . Lots of sweet kisses tonight! 

Oh gosh... I am laughing ...I thought the other docs found out that WG is dating when JW casually opened the bottle and passed it to her but they didn't pick up the cue then. However, Ik Jun I think may have spilled the beans though he masked it as a joke :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yes @bairama. A good night for WG and am very happy.

--------------------

OMO!!!!!!! @ktcjdrama @LaLa....so the speculation was right. Lala, thanks for your tweets. 

Video in spoiler

Spoiler

Oh this is some interesting developments here

Oh is this a hint for IkSong

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

And here I thought Uju will be the Cupid... or we have a Cupid team forming up?? 😁 still15 minutes to go before Netflix drops the episode. Maybe I should just live stream raw next week. Been so restless waiting for the new episode tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Oh no... our pigeon couple might be facing a crisis next week. Although I think it’s probably just an invalid worry, I am still concerned for JWan looking so distraught about the new reveal. In fact, I kind of have a guess of how it’s going to be resolved. 

Sweet moments of our WG couple :love: I laughed so hard when Ik Jin tried to dismiss JWon’s unconscious action with the truth :laugh: and when how the colleagues who witnessed the opening of car door with their own eyes also dismiss their suspicion with it’s just JWon being a gentleman. 

IkSong couple — I am waiting for the camping scene!! 

The mother of Eun-Ji... she’s been a great comforter. My heart hurts watching her cry in the hospital courtyard. I hope someone will be a comforter for her too, and cheer her on towards the finishing line of the “marathon” she is running. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I forgot to comment about the first scene because it was short and at the very beginning.
When the husband and MIL were insisting to wait for natural birth although the mother’s condition is already very bad, my blood was already boiling, and it just overflowed when the MIL said that she heard babies born by natural birth is smarter. How ignorant can a person be at this time of century?!! They’d rather risk the lives of both mother and baby for a smart brain??... I am so glad SHyeong declared he will go into surgery with patient’s consent!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Have not had time to finish watching the entire episode yet. However, had a comment about the conversation between Jong Soo and Rosa about JS' children. There has been a lot of press in more recent times in the Korean media about children who fight over inheritances, and some of them even sue their parents for their inheritances, try to have their parents declared incompetent, and block any attempts by a parent to get remarried. I think this conversation is a commentary on that state of being which is pretty awful actually. These inheritance fights have been a theme in a number of kdramas as well.

Anyway, I felt sad for JS that his son hasn't seen him for years, and the only thing the son wanted was for his father to liquidate all of his assets and distribute their inheritances to each of his son now rather than have them fight for it later. :(

However, I thought the scene when JS tells RS that not all children are like JWon rather sweet. Even sweeter when JWon, upon being told that RS was going to give him an inheritance, basically questioned why RS was giving him an inheritance at all rather than using it for her own benefit, even offering to take out a loan. It's a given that RS sometimes takes her children a bit for granted. Hilarious that she picks up on the loan part, scolding him for being a doctor, but not having any money. ROFLOL

Anyway, I'm also of the opinion that parents don't owe their children an inheritance once the parents have raised and educated them. So, hopefully, JWon's attitude will be seen as the norm rather than the thought that parents owed their children an inheritance and therefor should preserve whatever wealth they may have until they can safely give it to their children.

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

Another lovely episode, though I watched it in instalments from last night to today. 1.5 hours is really long! Not complaining!

Scenes on paediatric cases always make me feel very sad, like, what if that was me? The agony of the parents even though they try to remain strong. The devastation when they see other children in the ward get better and leave except theirs...

And this thing about Korean culture still where women are not in control of their own bodies even in a medical emergency! How absolutely ridiculous is that?! I'm so glad Seok Hyeon declared it and went ahead with the surgery, though I wonder if he will get sued by the patient's family.

Gyeoul and Jungwon are all butterflies and unicorns now - the sweetest! I wonder what their first crisis as a couple will be...

U-Joo has also clearly grown up so much! Listen to how he speaks now! 

But ah, the crisis that Junwan faces now. I feel for him. He's always so well put together, the most seemingly mature and logical one among the boys. His weight loss looks real in the show though. Did he starve himself??

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Another great episode... and wow... loads of WinterGarden goodness. They were so adorable outside her place and it's nice to see so much lip action. I've said ages ago that Jeong-won is a bit of a manchild and we saw that given full flight. I don't have a problem with that as it's been part of his characterization from the start. That's why he's good in pediatrics. I'm enjoying the game that's going on with them and the rest of the hospital reinterpreting their romance as Ahn Jeong-won being a gentleman. That gave me plenty of chuckles.

I loved seeing Lee Kyu-hyung in this and wished we could see a lot more of him in this franchise but alas he's just another Prison Playbook cameo sadly. I know it's an Asian thing to try and match make people. My parents did their fair share of nudging but Song-hwa's discomfort was palpable and I felt it. The entire conversation... while not entirely fanservicing... was calculated to prompt Song-hwa's thinking in a particular direction with regards to Ik-jun. Especially when LKH's character poses the deliberately probing question: Do you have someone like that?

I'm not convinced that Ik-sun is up to some kind of hanky panky in London. I'll need a lot more before I start pointing fingers and throwing accusations of two-timing. I think everyone assumed that Se-gyeong was a woman because of the Netflix subs but Ik-sun with her military background is very comfortable around men as friends and Ahn Chi-hong is a bestie. Moreover Se-gyeong sounds like he's a thoughtful fellow and he's not trying to hide anything. No doubt Jun-wan is feeling insecure being thousands of miles away with no idea of what's going on. But I don't think there's any duplicity involved. Especially knowing Ik-sun's past relationship issues. If she'd fallen for someone else, she'd be upfront about it. 

It seems unfair that Eun-ji and her mum have to persevere and continue waiting. Organ transplantation seems to be a complex affair. It's not a simple issue of first come first served. Finding a match is only the first step. Not everyone can make the cut in time. Let's hope that Eun-ji gets her miracle too. It's tough too to think of the fact that more often than not, someone has to die before an organ is available. The show is quick to remind us of that. 

The song the band chose was a lot more upbeat than the last two. Loved the guitars especially in this.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Given that the next episode seems to focus on Jun Wan, and he's not looking great, I wonder if it's just worry over Ik Sun that is causing him so much stress, or whether something happens to their relationship.  The most likely scenario that I can think of is that he's unable to actually talk with IS while she's being treated for the injuries from the traffic accident, and JWan also drives himself a bit nuts with IS' best friend in the UK being a guy. Though, from IS' POV, I can see that she wouldn't think of particularly bringing it up since she's used to being friends with guys. I think it'll resolve to nothing much, but JWan is going to worry until IS is back in SK.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

HEYYYY IKSONGERS DO YOU NOTICE THISSS

I thought at first when the scene emphasize the windows, it could be meaning about Songhwa's feeling condition. And the fog kinda looked like heart shape. At the scene she is opening the window BUT then I got anxious because she closed it again but it's not locked anyway

and I found on twitter someone pointed this. So am I not hallucinateeeee???:pandalick:

and for WG.. Is this one of cluesss?:pandabonk:

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Given that the next episode seems to focus on Jun Wan, and he's not looking great, I wonder if it's just worry over Ik Sun that is causing him so much stress, or whether something happens to their relationship.  The most likely scenario that I can think of is that he's unable to actually talk with IS while she's being treated for the injuries from the traffic accident, and JWan also drives himself a bit nuts with IS' best friend in the UK being a guy. Though, from IS' POV, I can see that she wouldn't think of particularly bringing it up since she's used to being friends with guys. I think it'll resolve to nothing much, but JWan is going to worry until IS is back in SK.

LDR thing is hard mostly because of that.. Communication is one of the main thing, significant in relationship but when there is a mis, because you can't verified it soon, you have to be really patient with time (arranging the availability for both to make it work). But the wait also can make your mind go wild~

JW will tortured at the next ep. Their mis was like started when JW holds himself to tell about his feeling about his day for good because IS in bad times (he is intentionally good, gentleman) but still if there are even a bit disenchantment on him, it will pile up and haunt you when you are in wild thought of something wrong might be happened in the relationship.. Stresss

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I am certain that the PD and his team keeps tab on all the crazy shipping that goes on out there. :smug: There was this scene where Seok Bin asked SH to find a fake BF to get herself off from the blind date. And what do you know -  JW appeared  at her door just right at that time. And being the troll that this PD is, it continued with the "I like You" only to have us find out that it was the song title chosen by Ik Jun. I had a good laugh.

Being a non-stock holder where IkSong is concerned ( as in I am neutral to how this romance will pan out) , it is clear to me that the story between the two ( romantically speaking )  is not over yet. Despite the firm no by SH in eps 1, Lee Kyu Hyung's  cameo gave a lifeline to this ship. This will signal the beginning of an interesting perspective change for SH.

It bothers me quite a bit to see Jun Wan looking rather down. It feels like the one suffering more in this long distance arrangement  is him. I think it bothers JW more that he cannot be there for her physically at this time when she is injured than the fact that her close friend is a guy. While this week's episode and the preview for next week seem to tease that his unhappiness could be Ik Sun related, I will not be surprised if it is patient related. 

Again , I will spare everyone of  my WG squealing since I have done enough of that on the ship thread but I do really think that them dating is now an open secret. The whole "Jeong Won is being a gentleman" angle is just a farce . Everyone knows these two are dating. :lol:

Oh one thing that surprised me was the superstition that vaginal births are preferred because the kid comes out smarter ? That's a first. I do agree that from a medical perspective that if the mother can and is able to , a natural birth is encouraged. But here it is  clearly a medical emergency, plus at the end of the day , the mother's choice should be the most important. It was good that Min A and SH stood their ground! 

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

And what do you know -  JW appeared  at her door just right at that time. And being the troll that this PD is, it continued with the "I like You" only to have us find out that it was the song title chosen by Ik Jun. I had a good laugh.

Oh good point. But it's more like a :pandaheadstomp: for those who... you know. LOL.

Despite the firm no by SH in eps 1, Lee Kyu Hyung's  cameo gave a lifeline to this ship. This will signal the beginning of an interesting perspective change for SH.

Yeah I agree. It made it very obvious that IkSong ship will sail later.

Oh one thing that surprised me was the superstition that vaginal births are preferred because the kid comes out smarter ? That's a first. I do agree that from a medical perspective that if the mother can and is able to , a natural birth is encouraged. But here it is  clearly a medical emergency, plus at the end of the day , the mother's choice should be the most important. It was good that Min A and SH stood their ground! 

I've come across this in some other drama before if I'm not mistaken... it's also the belief that the chemicals injected into the mother during surgery is not good. But it's definitely an old wives tale for "smarter" bit because I'm pretty sure my friend's mum had C-section twice for both her and her brother and she is smarter than me, academically.

Everyone knows these two are dating.

Really? You all think so?? Why would they pretend though?

I had a good laugh from this scene actually... Ik Jun's "I'm busy. I have to prepare immigration papers" :lmao2::lmao2:

The other scene I really like was Woo Joo & Ik Jun's interactions. From about hamburger (McD PPL alert!) to Woo Joo's speech about him being OK with Ik Jun being busy. Awwww.

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1