Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The other scene I really like was Woo Joo & Ik Jun's interactions. From about hamburger (McD PPL alert!) to Woo Joo's speech about him being OK with Ik Jun being busy. Awwww.

That was really adorable...and I crave for their bulgogi burgers now ...it is really good. 

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Really? You all think so?? Why would they pretend though?

Word tends to get around quickly in this hospital. And he keeps picking her up in front of the hospital entrance...surely there are a lot of eyes around. LOL!

Latest BTS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

It's time to show some love for HOSPITAL PLAYLIST Season 2!

Wise Doctors Event

Season 2 is as much as Season 1, with added sweetness of the Wintergarden Couple being all lovey-dovey. However, Joon Wan is going through long distance romance issues, Seok Hyung has really stopped trying, and Song Hwa and Ik Joon have decided  friendship over romance, for the time being anyway.  Plus all the stories of the other residents, interns, and patients, a mix of warmth, sadness, all the little things that make up life. Come tell us what you think so far!

Posts after this post will earn points until the end of the event.

• Like 2
  • Party! 5

I was watching some of the analysis on YouTube. And one of the things mentioned is how the couples will be confirmed in different season. Pigeon couple was during spring. WinterGarden was in winter. So IkSong probably will be in the summer (coming soon) while GomGom will be in autumn. I remember seeing a tweet before how these 4 women represent the 4 seasons. Looking forward to the confirmations! :smile:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

27 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@ktcjdramaoooo that is interesting. So now is going to be spring soon right? Which mean we should see IkSong confirmation 2/3s of the way through. And Gom Gom at the end? 

Yes, I am guessing IkSong will be confirmed first and GomGom the last. The surname of Min Ha is Chu using the character 秋 meaning Autumn. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@ktcjdrama Which season does Ik Soon relate to? The translated Hanja/Chinese character on Netflix didn't link it to the 4 seasons on. I'd think Song Hwa is Spring related mainly coz "hwa" could be "flower".

Ik Soon is spring. Some said her name Soon is 筍, but in Netflix it is 純. As for Song Hwa, if going by Netflix her name Hwa is using 和, not flower. SH is associated with summer, according to the YouTuber I watched.

It'll be nice if we can get their hanja name. 

I watched it here. Last two minutes. (Sorry guys, in Chinese)

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

51 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Ik Soon is spring. Some said her name Soon is 筍, but in Netflix it is 純. As for Song Hwa, if going by Netflix her name Hwa is using 和, not flower. SH is associated with summer, according to the YouTuber I watched.

It'll be nice if we can get their hanja name. 

I watched it here. Last two minutes. (Sorry guys, in Chinese)

Wow, that is some interesting analysis based on patterns and names. Would be exciting if it came true. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

How fast are the months moving in the series? A month an episode?

I reckon Junwan’s not the jealous sort. I’d like to think that. But regardless, if I were him, I’d also be a little disturbed to learn my gf didn’t tell me her roomie is a guy. It probably does bother him even though clearly that guy is just being a friend since he picked up the call so as not to cause him worry. Regardless, LDR is tough, and I can only imagine if it doesn’t work out between him and iksun, wouldn’t it also bother him how his friendship with her brother would be affected? I know he’s tried very hard many times to tell Ikjun, but perhaps that’s also what’s bothering him. I can’t see work bothering him as much as this very important aspect of his personal life.

And yes, they’ve got some major product placement going on with the cars. Is everyone driving a Merc now?? Their McD looks better than mine too. Dang. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I reckon Junwan’s not the jealous sort. I’d like to think that. But regardless, if I were him, I’d also be a little disturbed to learn my gf didn’t tell me her roomie is a guy. It probably does bother him even though clearly that guy is just being a friend since he picked up the call so as not to cause him worry. Regardless, LDR is tough, and I can only imagine if it doesn’t work out between him and iksun, wouldn’t it also bother him how his friendship with her brother would be affected? I know he’s tried very hard many times to tell Ikjun, but perhaps that’s also what’s bothering him. I can’t see work bothering him as much as this very important aspect of his personal life.

I actually long suspected that Ik Sun's roommie was a guy so I wasn't at all surprised when they revealed him to be so. I don't think Jun Wan is the jealous type either but perhaps it's the fact that Ik Sun didn't tell him her roommie was a guy is likely what is causing the insecurity. If Jun Wan is indeed jealous, it could be because this is the first time he's actually really liked someone so much to want a future with her, combined with being in a LDR with a big time difference... it can create insecurity.

I really liked the conversation between Song Hwa and that patient's brother. When he told her that he had rejected his best friend's confession but later on realized that he didn't really answer her question, it was exactly what I thought when Song Hwa told Ik Jun not to tell the girl.. I had thought to myself, "but you're not saying you don't feel the same way though.." I am curious to see how Song Hwa and Ik Jun's relationship is going to evolve. I am still rooting for them!

As for our Wintergarden couple... sigh... they're just so sweet! Jeong Wan is just the sweetest guy and such a gentleman! I also loved the conversation between his mom and the director friend when they were talking about the difference between their kids. LOL 

Lastly, Ik Jun and Uju... ugh! These two kill me! I love all of their interactions!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Seems like a redux of the preview actually, but focused on JWan.

SHwa: Is something going on with Joon Wan these days?
JWan: There is a lot of this and that going on that’s stressing me out. And, there is a lot to think about as well.
SHyeong: It’s not that he’s broken up with his girlfriend, is it?
IJ: I won’t tell anyone. I’ll just be the only one to know.
JWan: Ik Soon, something has happened with you, hasn’t it?
Man: He’s really someone you can’t figure out.

Hmm, seems as if something did happen with IS, and she may have told her brother IJ, but not JWan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, seems as if something did happen with IS, and she may have told her brother IJ, but not JWan?

Don't tell me the accident she had actually left her with some sort permanent injury? I mean nothing serious like life-threatening, but permanent like maybe paralysed or even amputation?? :shocked: I'm sorry for thinking so negatively, I'm just so worried now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

MTDzeiV.gif

On 7/5/2021 at 9:28 AM, ryanallright said:

Is it true that TWICE is singing OST Part 4 and it is related to Wintergarden?

Yep. They will participate for OST part 4 which will be released tomorrow noon KST. The song has been played as the bgm for Winter Garden scenes in ep 3 and 4, so I guess it might be related with Winter Garden couple. 

On 7/5/2021 at 10:00 PM, gilaswan said:

How fast are the months moving in the series? A month an episode?

Actually no, it's slower than season 1 so far. Ep 1 timeline starts on last week of Dec 2019 through (probably) 1st or 2nd week of Jan. Ep 2 is on 3rd and 4th week of Jan and early days of Feb. Ep 3 and 4 still on Feb 2020. When I have the time I plan to make a clear timeline after re-watching and gathering some clues from the scenes :)

Will post my thoughts, quick summary and spoiler on the post below after the live stream. I'm guessing that by now people are probably watching the series with sub on netflix already...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Quick Summary/Recap part 1

- Okay so the episode starts following the last scene of ep 3 where Jun Wan is dead worried about Ik Sun condition. He's of course shocked to find out that Se Gyeong is actually a man because Ik Sun never mentioned him to Jun Wan before. But his first priorities is Ik Sun's condition. He's trying to stay awake and wait for her call. He drinks some beers until 2 am. Jeong Won wakes up and offer to accompany him but Jun Wan said no. Thankfully Ik Sun calls him back and she tries to assure him that she's alright. He asks her to go back to her dorm immediately but Ik Sun says she will stay a little bit more at the city before going back to London. They end the call by saying 'I Love You' to each other and wishes for each other health.

- Jeong Won is really the time bomb because he keeps acting cute and sending signal to Gyeo Ul. She keeps the professional act when Jeong Won asks if she wants to see 'Ba Da' (literally means sea). But in this case, they are going to visit the child patient name 'Ba Da' (a girl. This little girl is really cute) Even the nurse is suspecting Jeong Won that he has a gf but he brush it off. Gyeo Ul trying to keep off her smile from her face tough. 

- Song Hwa is visiting Yul Je and she spends her free time to teach Sun Bin. After some ppl scenes from Kanu, they are talking about Sun Bin's lesson. Sun Bin asks if Song Hwa happy to study. At first she lied that she didn't like it but her face can't lie and she is really excited about learning something. Sun Bin expression is really what I have while watching that. I love Chae Song Hwa but I don't think I have the same level of energy like her for studying. Meanwhile Seok Hyeong is having a small meeting with his team and he's observant enough about Min Ha. He knew that she's dying to ask something to him but didn't want to say it. He saw her doodling on her notes and ask her out about it.

- Jun Wan the chief of CS are really busy. He's making a round and even still have time to quiz on poor Hong Do. What he asks will actually help Hong Do to prepare for his exam and journey to be a doctor. And in here we really see his growth that might be got the influenced from Jae Hak. He shyly waves to Lee Kyeong Mi (the lonely patient) and seems to be worried about her being alone when other patients in ICU have visitors. Min Chan is doing well post his surgery and his parents couldn't be more happy. Jae Hak and Jun Wan are having lunch together at the cafeteria. While quieting, Jun Wan sees Song Hwa and offers to buy her food (because he's in good mood). Actually he got robbed when Song Hwa's NS team join and he has to buy it too because he promised her LOL

- Jun Wan is really having a hard time from LDR, Ik Sun's injury, Se Gyeong identity and his patients. He is playing with his food instead of inhaling it like usual. Jae Hak tries to steal his drumsticks but he says no. He even makes a slip of tounge by saying that Ik Sun likes it. He corrected it to Ik Jun when Jae Hak noticed his slip of tounge. 

Song Hwa calls Ik Jun to let him know about the cafeteria menu and invites him for food, but he declines because he already has appointment for tteokpokki lunch date with Gyeo Ul and Min Ha. Poor Ik Jun when Seok Hyeong decided to visit and join them. He also invites Jeong Won for lunch and he can only watch when the others are having their own time together. He leaves when Song Hwa calls for coffee date... cross that coffee talk hahaha *my delulu Iksong mind will continue at the IkSong thread*

- Jae Hak is giving Jun Wan lessons for using his social media. LOL and Jeong Won who is visiting for his loan get freebies doll from the bank and gave it to Gyeo Ul. She really loves it and even play with it pretending the two dolls are kissing. She ran away when one of GS dad is trying to coax her and gives him the doll for his daughter. Oh and at first I thought Jeong Won is opening a loan account for his future house but actually he wants to have a house that can be use for the Yulje patients who came far away from Seoul so that they can have a place to rest before the surgery or appointment. He's discussing it with Song Hwa and Ik Jun who frequently visits her office knows about it too.

• Thanks 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Quuick Summary / Recap part 2

- Eun Ji condition drops for a little worse and her mother seems almost give up. She can't bear to see Eun Ji suffers and for them to not getting the donor even after several months. Jun Wan tries to comfort her and asks her to stay strong. Ik Jun invites Jun Wan for late dinner talks. He's worried that he works too much and looks so tired. Jun Wan even belatedly realize about his father birthday because he's so busy. Both are on night duty and Ik Jun says later at night he will visit Jun Wan's room.... To raid on his snacks LMAO. He shoots laser to Ik Jun. 

- Jun Wan is having a phone call with Ik Sun. She updates about her condition. She keeps having headache and she's regularly check her condition to the hospital but haven't got her result yet. He's worried about it but Ik Sun tries to act there's nothing wrong. And I guess she also introduced Se Gyeong to him finally. What Jun Wan didn't know that Ik Jun is listening from the door. He quietly leaves the room without announcing his presence. He knew about them. He knew but he didn't let them know.

Later Ik Jun is having a separate video call with Ik Sun. He noticed that she seems unwell but she lied that she just having a hard time after the test. She tries to ask about 99z well being, Woo Joo and their parents. Ik Jun then tells her that Jun Wan is having a hard time. Especially when his gf is being inconsiderate of him and only talk about herself on the phone. Both talking as if the gf isn't Ik Sun herself and after ending the call, Ik Sun can only stares at her phone. Only then she realized about Jun Wan's condition...

- Sun Bin is assisting a surgery by Prof Min with another fellow doc. After the surgery the fellow ask Sun Bin to observe the patient and to report for any progress. Sun Bin noticed that the patients' isn't in good condition and even report it to the fellow but he brush it off that it's normal. They don't have to take any measure yet because the patient is quite stable, according to the fellow. But when Sun Bin check the patient again, his condition is worsened and she immediately calls the fellow. She raised her voice against him and calls for emergency surgery. Thankfully she saved the patients life. She might look rude because of her behavior but if she didn't do that, they might lose the patient. Good job on Sun Bin!

- Another day Ik Sun calls Jun Wan first after he finished with his outpatients schedule. She asks him to go back to his office and call her back. Once he's arrive, he calls her back and she drops the bomb on him by saying that she likes someone else. No explanation and she just keeps saying sorry. When Jun Wan asks if the one she likes is Se Gyeong, she doesn't answers. On her part, she tries hard to hold back her tears. She end the call by saying sorry and Jun Wan can only stares disbelieve of what he heard over the phone. 

In Song Hwa's office, the 99z talks how tired Jun Wan these days. They even discuss that Jeong Won to move out from Jun Wan's place. Jeong Won shares that he wanted to, but when he sees Jun Wan's sad eyes, he couldn't do it. Ik Jun says that Jun Wan's can't stand for being alone. 

- Thank God that Eun Ji finally got her turn for a heart donor. Jun Wan vows to the mother that he will save Eun Ji no matter what and he will do his best for the surgery. Over the surgery, Min Chan's mom comes to congratulate Eun Ji's mom. After Min Chan got his surgery, his mother seems to can't reach for Eun Ji's mom because she feels guilty (?). But after hearing about the good news, they talk and comfort each other again like they used to. 

- After the surgery, Jun Wan and Ik Jun are having coffee together. When Jun Wan is preoccupied with another doctor, Ik Jun receives a call from crying Ik Sun. She tells him that her liver condition has got worsened. Ik Jun immediately tells her to comeback to SK. He will pay for her ticket flight and everything and he wants her to go back ASAP. Ik Sun asks him to not tell anyone about her condition. Not their parents and especially not to Jun Wan. Ik Jun is thinking hard about not telling Jun Wan about her condition.  

T__T my bidulgi couple.. I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one side, I'm happy and excited for the prospects of IkSong couple progress and even Gom couple progress. Winter Garden is going steady but the preview from ep 5 might point out about the possible storm to them? Gyeo Ul seems to hide something and Jeong Won is worried about it. Because she refuses to tell him. We can't really trust the preview but preview for ep 4 that something bad might happen to Ik Sun is true.. T_T

OST part 4 will be sung by Twice - Love You More Than Anyone. 

However the band session song is different. It's a cover song of Kim Wan Sun - Let's Forget It. It's a song that describe to forget and get over a break up.. :( Jun Wan's is singing in here and he looks so sad during the band session.

Original song

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

28 minutes ago, LaLa said:

T__T my bidulgi couple.. I have mixed feelings about this episode. On one side, I'm happy and excited for the prospects of IkSong couple progress and even Gom couple progress.

I knew it the Ikjun cupid scene and Iksong ‘date scene’ was too much, I could feel a storm brewing and sure enough, they dropped two bombs on us (spoiler)

Spoiler

in the form of the break-up phone call and Iksun’s condition.

Gosh Junwan can’t catch a break! I feel so tired for him watching this episode 😭

Anyway, I’m confused about Ikjun’s reaction at the end when he looks/stares at Junwan after Iksun tells him not to mention about her condition to Junwan. I wonder if he was aware or could guess what had happened.

• Like 4