Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

Uhmm I think Kim Tae Yeon is the mistress of Seok Hyeong father. His ex wife name is Shin Hye (mentioned for several times) and her full name revealed to be Yoon Shin Hye when Seok Hyeong received a call on Christmas Day 2019, which is the very last scenes of season 1...

This! More concerts or maybe another live session even it brings stress for Kyung Ho :laugh:

You are so right! I totally forgot about her father's ex-wife, and glossed over the word for father in her char description. Okay, yet another reason why I need to get on an HP rewatch before Season 2 starts!

And, yes, more concerts! Even if KH gets totally stressed out again. Actually, given how hard they worked to learn their instruments, another concert sounds like just the thing to do. :CharmanderYay:

• Like 6
  • Party! 1
17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I wonder what this means for Mi Na's potential romance with SH. I really wanted MN to get SH since I think they could be a good match for each other. However, SH probably has to resolve his issues over his ex-wife first anyway since he feels apologetic to her for not being a good husband.

I won't be surprised if turns out the call from his ex-wife is nothing but christmas greeting call only. Seems I've learned my lesson whenever ShinLee gave intense cliffhanger or preview just to see it's not something to worry about lol.

About Minha, I need to see more of Seokhyeong's true pov, in Jeongwon's case we knew that he was on denial, they gave hints about it, but in season 1 I think Seokhyeong was being honest for not want to in a relationship due to his baggage. I hope to see more relax Seokhyeong since he had enough in season 1. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
5 minutes ago, left_phalange said:

About Minha, I need to see more of Seokhyeong's true pov, in Jeongwon's case we knew that he was on denial, they gave hints about it, but in season 1 I think Seokhyeong was being honest for not want to in a relationship due to his baggage. I hope to see more relax Seokhyeong since he had enough in season 1. 

True. We could see that Jung Won was in denial, though he's also so much more emotional.

Seokhyung is a bit of a bear of a guy, but I think he's definitely one of those still waters who run deep. It's a bit sad that he's lived such an apologetic life, and it would be so great if he could really be happy rather than living in atonement.

7 minutes ago, left_phalange said:

I won't be surprised if turns out the call from his ex-wife is nothing but christmas greeting call only. Seems I've learned my lesson whenever ShinLee gave intense cliffhanger or preview just to see it's not something to worry about lol.

LOL. Actually, that would be really funny. One of the cliffhangers was Seok Hyung rejecting Mi Na's texted invitation and answering his wife's call. So, if it turns out to be nothing, that would actually be kind of fun and funny. You're probably right.

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Seokhyung is a bit of a bear of a guy, but I think he's definitely one of those still waters who run deep. It's a bit sad that he's lived such an apologetic life, and it would be so great if he could really be happy rather than living in atonement.

Agree with you. Imo, Seokhyeong can be as wise as Songhwa. I love his openness to be vulnerable in front of his friends but at the same he always handles things wisely.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, left_phalange said:

Agree with you. Imo, Seokhyeong can be as wise as Songhwa. I love his openness to be vulnerable in front of his friends but at the same he always handles things wisely.

I don't know about "always" handling things wisely... :)

But I do agree that Seok Hyeong can be incredibly sensitive in his own way, even if he might not know what to do about it. I can understand him developing a crush on Song Hwa.  But then going out of his way to try to make her feel better about her rejection when he was probably crushed himself is just so him. I just wish that Seok Hyeong had not felt bad about having had a crush on Song Hwa.

• Like 5

If you squint behind Kyungho in the dance scene, there's a very interesting sign there.

I don't recall that the drama production ever ruled out featuring the pandemic. And we have been having discussions about whether Covid-19 would be featured ever since S1 started. 

As I was reading the thread, it struck me that ShinLee could create their own fictional virus that is weaker and would then allow them to work in storylines to show how the rl pandemic have affected medical workers, hospital operations and society, while still maintaining a normal-ish world. I am thinking back to SARS where it was threatening for a couple of months, less contagious and contained before it escalated into a pandemic.

A couple of other fans did point out that perhaps this sign is for real life and not a production prop. 

I guess we will find out in less than a month! I can't believe it's less than a month now!

Edited by Jane
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Just started rewatching HP Season 1, and it's even funnier than I remember. Loads of funny and quirky moments from the start, including Ik Joon having to do surgery while having a Darth Vader helmet stuck to his head, but I remembered that one.

This is an example of a scene that I had forgotten. It's at Jung Won's father's funeral service as JWan, SHyeong, and SHwa sit with JWon after having found out at that JWon is actually the son of the deceased chairman of a large hospital and foundation. They had already bickered about which of them knew that JWon came from such wealth and why the rest of them hadn't know. However, they are interrupted by JWon’s cell phone ringtone which is the sound of emergency siren. SH and JWan react in shock, and there is this dialogue.

JWan: I thought I was losing my unborn child. (meaning that he was so shocked that he would have had a miscarriage if he had been pregnant)
SHyeong: I thought my heart was going to explode. (meaning he was so startled that his heart was going to go into seizures)
JWan to JWon: Do you have to make it obvious here that you’re a doctor? What’s up with that ringtone?
JWon: Ah…
JWan (the cardiologist) to SHyeong: You! Do you know how scary it is for a heart to explode, how can you say that so casually?
SHyeong (the ob-gyn) to JWan: What about you? Do you know how sad it is to have a miscarriage that you can talk about losing a child so casually? Looking at you, you really… have no sense for parental love.

JWon: Stop it already. My head is really about to crack.

SHwa (the neurosurgeon): What do you mean your head is about to crack? Then you'll die.

It's all of these little scenes where the friends bicker, tease, and nag that speaks of their long friendship that made me fall in love with Season 1 of this drama. And, I love that they all defended their specialties against common sayings spouted by their friends.

I'll enjoy watching Season 1 as prep to watching Season 2 next month. :pandapopcorn:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 5/21/2021 at 7:24 PM, Jane said:

As I was reading the thread, it struck me that ShinLee could create their own fictional virus that is weaker and would then allow them to work in storylines to show how the rl pandemic have affected medical workers, hospital operations and society, while still maintaining a normal-ish world. I am thinking back to SARS where it was threatening for a couple of months, less contagious and contained before it escalated into a pandemic.

A couple of other fans did point out that perhaps this sign is for real life and not a production prop. 

I guess we will find out in less than a month! I can't believe it's less than a month now!

Oh this is what I anticipate as well. Featuring real life event that people can relate and reminisce is their mark, that's why korean love their works, but of course for this matter it could be very challenging since it's medical drama. 

But I doubt it's not for prop... the translation mentioned about ER, visitor, guardian, and barcode.

• Like 6

Love the new poster :love: 

And my first reaction was the same as another commenter on some IG ... Only IkSong are holding umbrellas!! :lol: not sure whether it's even anything significant but anyway..something to make my IkSong heart flutters :duckhearts:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Had a rough day today, so I decided to watch more of HP Season 1 for the warm camaraderie and fun...

Unfortunately, I was watching episode 3, and I had forgotten how utterly sad episode 3 was in so many ways. Won Ju's father who was discharged after a successful surgery, only to get into a traffic accident the very next day on Children's Day and whose organs were donated for transplants. IJ who found out that his wife was cheating on him which is why she wanted a divorce and then had forgotten that her child has a peanut allergy after taking him to dinner on Children's Day with her new lover. IJ taking charge of the organ harvest operation, and asking that the surgery that would terminate his life be delayed by 10 minutes so that Won Ju wouldn't have to celebrate every Children's Day thinking of the death of his father. I admit that I bawled.

Episode 3 also introduced us to Ik Sun who is injured and Jun Wan is the surgeon on call. Despite the injury, especially knowing how it's going to go, it was a happy meeting.

However, Ahn Chi Hong who started stealing my heart with his steadfastness towards Song Hwa is the only one to show up at SHwa's campsite despite the rain. So very much like a former army officer and graduate of the Korean Military Academy. However, knowing what I know about how this arc is going to go, it also feels a bit sad and very bittersweet.

There are some lighter moments, such as finding out how much of a thing Gyeo Eul has for Jung Won, and the first hint that Jung Won may not be completely immune about Gyeo Eul. However, this episode overall still feels like a sad episode to me.

I think, in general, I had forgotten how much this drama mixes the comedy with some real human sadness and even tragedy, made even more so by how ordinary and how likely such things are that can destroy someone and yet doesn't even register on those around them.

Wish I had time to go on to the next episode to get myself out of this funk that I'm in, but the episodes are so long, and I still have so much to do.

New poster for Season 2 is very cute, and seems highly indicative of the relationship that the five friends have with each other. Really looking forward to seeing more about their friendship. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I might be rewatching this too because the husband and No. 2 wants to watch it all again. 

But, I've already seen it 3 times back to back, not to mention certain episodes multiple times. 

@stroppyse Why did you have to mention Ahn Chi-hong? I was commiserating with No. 2 a few days ago that he won't be coming back. She was shocked that he won't be coming back.  Like mother, like daughter.

:cry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

49 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@stroppyse Why did you have to mention Ahn Chi-hong? I was commiserating with No. 2 a few days ago that he won't be coming back. She was shocked that he won't be coming back.  Like mother, like daughter.

Sorry. It's just that when I watch them now, knowing that he's going to get his heart crushed, it makes all of his scenes so much more bittersweet. He just is the sweetest, most devoted person, most respectful person who just wants to be around SHwa. I know that IJ and UJ probably need SHwa more, but CH's devotion is just so beautifully portrayed. And, even though, I'm sure that CH will become a great surgeon with great bedside manners, but can't help but still hurt for him. Plus, his story is clearly over with respect to SHwa which is why he's not returning for Season 2. :PiplupCry:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 2

Episode 4 and the start of Wintergarden! JW's awareness of GE is definitely increasing even if he doesn't say anything.

And also the start of MA realizing that SeokHyung is actually a pretty sensitive and perceptive person as well as a great doctor. The baby born without a brain was just so sad, as was the mother's determination to birth the baby. Not having the mother hear the baby's cry which probably would have tormented her for the rest of her life is such a perceptive move. I wonder if the writer had heard of something similar happening in order to be able to write such a scene.

More sadness for SHyeong as he sees the evidence of his father's affair with the other woman on the flight home from his fellowship after hearing his sister had died and his mother was alone trying to cope. Then to realize that his mom knew his dad was cheating on her and that he had even asked for a divorce so that he could live with his mistress instead. And finally, seeing his mother totally break down, crying for her own dead mother to come and take her away. I can so understand why SHyeong turned into a Mama's Boy.

My only question has to do with the timing of SHyeong's marriage and divorce actually since it seems that SHyeong got a divorce and then went overseas to do a fellowship?

I should mention that I really appreciate the twin medical school students. Some of the funniest beats have to do with their expectations of doctors and the seriousness of their jobs, especially when it has to do with literal life and death, coming up against the reality of our docs who are good at what they do, but are also humans with all sorts of flaws and quirks.

Also, despite the sad moments, there are quite a lot of upbeat, cheerful moments as well. Song Hwa throwing herself passionately into dancing to the choir singing a hymn in front of a rapt church audience was both funny and sweet. Not to mention a sign of her temperament that is so different to the calm, collected, practical, hardworking neurosurgeon that she also is.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Second teaser is out! Oh my God if Shin PD and Writer Lee just trolling me with those IkSong teaser and not making them end game, I'll be very heartbroken :nervous:

New season, It's starting again the special ordinary day of Cho Jung Seok, Yoo Yeon Seok, Jung Kyung Ho, Kim Dae Myung and Jeon Mi Do

Rough translation

Seon Bin: Professor, have you heard about it?

SHwa: About what?

IJ: What is this fresh story that you are talking about?

Caption: The five friends that we have missed are back!

SHyeong: One year will pass quickly

SHwa: What do you mean that it will pass quickly?!!

Seok Min: In this hospital, the only one who are not old fashioned people are Chae Song Hwa and friends

JWan: Gosh it started again

IJ: Let's eat~

SHwa: I'm hungry! Let's eat!

SHwa: (They are) the people that I meet the most and the most closest

SHyeong: (We) met as strangers, but then (we) started to rely on each other and (I) start to give love 

JWan: Welcome back!

@SnowBlob @Lynne @SilverMoonTea contents for our shipping are soo many in this teaser! Silver tea unnie I hope it can awaken your shipping spirit again!

@abs-oluteM @Jane @40somethingahjumma @left_phalange @Tammy_fullofdrama I somehow think that the story that will become the hot gossip in Yulje is Winter Garden couple :MewGiggle:

@im0202 We have yet to see Ik Sun but there will always Jae Hak who will accompany our Joon Wan.

And we see Seok Hyeong smile more often in here! I hope he will find his happiness soon!

@stroppyseanother video for first page update :)

@Alice Wonderland @bairama I think you girls also watch this series too right? Do you want me to tag you every time there's another new teaser? 

Anyone who want to be tag, just mentioned me and I'll try to include you too in my next posts ;)

Edited by LaLa
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: