Hospital Playlist Season 2 / 슬기로운 의사생활 2 [2021]

Anticipations for Season 2  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the second teaser, the doctors in Yulje seem to be excitedly talking about something “hot”. What do you think it is?

• A new doctor couple in Yulje
    • Hong Do and Yun Bok’s choice of departments for their internships
    • The identity of Daddy Long Legs
    • Bong Salon is open for business
  2. 2. Among the hidden characters (mentioned but not seen) in season 1, who are you looking forward to the most in season 2?

• Jang Mane (Woo Joo gf)
    • Yoon Shin Hye (Seok Hyeong ex wife)
    • Song Hwa’s 3 brothers
    • Jun Wan’s sisters
    • Other Lacking 5 parents.
  3. 3. Which of the stories left untold in Season 1 would you like to see in Season 2?

• What happened in Hawaii?
    • How did the Lacking 5 choose their majors?
    • Where did Dr Ahn Chi Hong and Dr Bae go?
    • How did Dr Bong meet the Lacking 5?
  4. 4. How many new GS residents do you think there will be?

5. 5. The couple whose story you are most interested in for Season 2

• IkSong
    • WinterGarden
    • Bidulgi
    • GomGom
    • Any other couples (could be romantic or friend-ships)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2021 at 01:43 PM

It's feeling more as if Season 3 isn't going to happen. I think it's too hard to bring the actors back together again once they've accepted other projects.

Anyway, it's almost time for the last episode, and I'm really anticipating it. However, I have to figure out an almost 3 hour time slot in my day to watch it which means I won't get a chance to watch it for awhile.

The other thing I'm thinking is that between Season 1 and Season 2, we were offered so many goodies, like the actual online concert that the five actors held for us fans. Especially if there is no Season 3, I don't think we'll get many (if any) releases of new goodies. But I'm going to stop this line of thought before it makes me sad and miss them even before I watch the next episode.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hilarious

SHwa: I’m…on the weekend…with Jun...going to eat dinner and go for a walk.
JWan: Go ahead and do it.
JWon: Haven’t you always hung out that way?
SHyeong: They’re probably planning to have a lot of fun, I guess.
JWan: Oh, that’s right. You know how when Ik Jun was staying in the hospital, Ik Jun’s little sister came to see him?
SHwa: Ik Soon?
JWan: Yes, Ik Soon, Dove.
All: Dove?
JWan: (trying to cover) Outside, that dove!

JWan: Anyway. when Ik Soon was visiting on that first day, she said something. Seeing these two playing around, she asked when they started dating.
JWon: Really?
SHyeong: Truly?
JWan: Oh, but I…I also, when I looked after hearing that, they really looked as if they could be dating. I was suspicious for just a moment.
SHwa: We’re really dating.
SHyeong: What did you say? You’re really dating Ik Jun?
SHwa: Yes
SHyeong: Twist my hand off. (meaning, if what she said was true, his hand would break off)
JWon: I’ll stake my last name.
JWan: I’ll stake everything I own: house, car, investments. I’ll give it all to you.
JWon: Me, too.
SHyeong: Me, too.
SHwa: (taking out her phone) Could you repeat what you said just once more? I have to record it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

There will be a variety show - Wise Camping Life

That's so awesome that the actors are having so much fun with it as well that they would go on to do a variety show as well. Wise Camping Life seems to be a combination of Hospital Playlist and 3 Meals a Day?

2 hour finale. It looks as if we're going to get a satisfying movie length finale wrap up of the story lines. :hearties:  Thanks @abs-oluteM!

• Heart Eyes 4

I can't believe Season 2 is really over... I'm gonna miss this drama so much. I know that it's unlikely they will have a Season 3, given the tougher condition for shooting with the pandemic going on, but!... I will still hold up hope they will have a Season 3 sometime in the future. 

I feel really sad saying goodbye especially it was around ep.11 that I feel like I started to warm up to the new interns and residents. 

Ep.12 felt quite tensed for me with all the emergencies and challenging cases. It doesn't feel like watching a final episode at all. I sobbed real ugly at the scene where Song Hwa was watching the side-by-side ICU rooms family members, one rejoicing with hope and the other crying in despair. 

There are things I am very happy with, but I admit there are also stuff that I feel we've been shortchanged. However, still satisfied with the final episode. Maybe... they were saving it for S3, and it was rather impossible to write everything, to write too much, into S2 even if they tried to conclude the series in S2. Thus that feeling of shortchanged.

Time to sleep now. Be back with more thoughts. I wasn't even done with my thoughts for ep.11, LOL..... 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh I was just waiting to see the reactions of the other 5

I was really anticipating the moment of Junwan - Ikjun relationship change after open about Iksunieeee hahahahahah but giving it just one episode left, I bury that hope. It will hella funny later 😂😂😂

and I just scrolling for spoiler on Twitter before watching.. THERE IS NO UJU IN LAST S2 EP?? NO MONE REVEALS TOO?!!? AHHHHHHHH

ok now let's enjoy this movie style wrap up 🥰 sigh I'm sentimental tho because we finally here, in last episode of S2.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Just for this final episode I took notes as I watched followed by some conclusory thoughts to share. 

I love how this final episode opens with SH calling upon one of the others to come park her car. This is the essence of HP, right here; a group of friends who always has each other’s back. 

SH taking out her phone to record the others’ promises when she tries to confess that she and LIJ are dating. 🤣

Bear’s reaction when he finally realizes SH is serious about dating LIJ. I especially love how thrilled he is by this news, all the more meaningful given what we know about their triangular attachments in the past. 

Omg, LIJ asking to be fed is soooo cute. Although I half expected SH to refuse with the excuse that she needed to feed herself first, haha! 

Mom’s delight at the thought of getting to experience the Camino de Santiago makes my heart sing. We should all have dreams no matter how old we are; they keep us young and spry. 

Is this all we’re going to get of Bear’s mom and her reaction to her son’s dating news? I hope so!

Awww, I don’t think I’ve ever seen KJW as happy as he is right now watching LIS sing karaoke ❤️

Ahahahaha, and then on the opposite spectrum you have LIJ watching SH like she’s a musical genius when truly, those are singing skills only a man in love would appreciate. I’m cringing with KJW and LIS. 

MH. That moment when she called Bear, “Oppa.” ❤️ (also, her coffee delivery later in the episode where Bear returned a finger heart… why are they so cute?!)

KJW offering to take the twins home instead of springing another elevator pop quiz was hilarious. I swear he is the one who’s grown the most! 

I can’t handle the thought of this being the group’s last band practice. Stop talking like this!!! You will have more jam sessions in the future. You will!!! In fact, they’ll probably be old surrounded by family, children, and grandbabies at their feet and still rockin’ it out together!!

That 👍🏼… sniffs

Finally! A resolution of some sorts for KJW and LIS. 

Aw… it’s over! 😭😭😭 As always HP brought us a heart warming episode filled with ups and downs - sometimes contrasted directly against each other like with SH’s two patients in the ICU - but always, always, with heart… I really like how they wrapped things up. Bringing back old storylines like Daddy Long Legs - SH is such a boss, studying the reports to see which members have been carrying their weight and who hasn’t… even boyfriends are not spared her wrath!  Resolving old storylines while creating new ones like DJH’s apt scam and  bringing a newborn child into his life all within the same episode. There were meaningful moments, too, like when Bear’s former patient who miscarried returned with new life… 

You know, I don’t even mind that the drama spent the time to bring that jerk cardiothoracic surgeon back into the fold for this episode. He can be such a terrible human being, and yet, we saw today how his years of experience still brings value to the table. This is something I have always appreciated about HP, whether it was S1 or S2… it shows us how even though our Fab Five are already smart, talented, and amazing physicians, they’re still always seeking to grow both as individuals and as professionals. That’s something to admire and emulate… today and every day, we should be like them and try our best! 

P.S. Where was our Lee Il Hwa cameo?! I was really hoping we’d at least get a scene of AJW smiling across the table from JGW’s mom. 

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

can I quote you some @themarchioness because this exactly..

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

I love how this final episode opens with SH calling upon one of the others to come park her car. This is the essence of HP, right here; a group of friends who always has each other’s back. 

I can’t handle the thought of this being the group’s last band practice. Stop talking like this!!! You will have more jam sessions in the future. You will!!! In fact, they’ll probably be old surrounded by family, children, and grandbabies at their feet and still rockin’ it out together!!

Aw… it’s over! 😭😭😭 As always HP brought us a heart warming episode filled with ups and downs - sometimes contrasted directly against each other like with SH’s two patients in the ICU - but always, always, with heart…

:heart:

Ah will miss this show badly, very good one dose of a week in Thursday. It sometime hits so close to home, the patient struggles are hard to watch. But also there is another side, a nice entertainment & reminder why the heart of life is good. The mixes between are brilliant.

Like I said on Twitter (I'm really no good in long words): ah.. That's how S2 wrapped, everyone. Hospital Playlist is like two sides of a coin dynamic, life/death, blessing/curse, the last episode stays true with the extraordinary in mundane days ++ hope circulating around 5 doctors friendship life that can be anyone role model 💙

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

There's one little detail that I want to mention. When JWon was telling the gang that he will be leaving for the US, JWan poked him slightly at the knee, asking whether he's going alone. It's natural he felt concerned because he knew first hand how difficult LDR is. I'm still not sure what to make of his relationship with IkSun, although I was glad to see a reconciliation. I guess they were on a "pause" then? since both clearly still care and love each other. Just that the LDR made things difficult for them? But anyhow, I think I can understand now why JWan's love arc was defined so early on in the series, and then rather cooled down especially in Season 2. He is the only one member of the gang that has a bromance going on solid with a colleague/subordinate, ie. Do Jae Hak. I guess his main arc is not about his romance but the bromance, which I have thoroughly enjoyed watching as well. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

But anyhow, I think I can understand now why JWan's love arc was defined so early on in the series, and then rather cooled down especially in Season 2. He is the only one member of the gang that has a bromance going on solid with a colleague/subordinate, ie. Do Jae Hak. I guess his main arc is not about his romance but the bromance, which I have thoroughly enjoyed watching as well. 

Oh that is a really good point. I didn't see it that way till you mentioned it here , and you're right. I wasn't always the biggest fan of Bidulgi's storyline this season and I was definitely vocal about that. The noble idiocy annoyed me that I was open to the idea that Jun Wan should just move on. But having them reconcile at the end made Jun Wan happy and that was what matters most.  I know it took him a while to reconcile with Ik Sun, and I think that's fair  since time is needed to help us collect our thoughts. 

Wahhhh it is finally over. 24 episodes over two seasons just ended , and I definitely feel a little sad & nostalgic. Did it feel like yesterday when we were fiercely defending our WG ship? LOL. Memories. This drama (S1)  did come at a time when the pandemic went into full swing, and it was a show that brought a lot of hope and happiness in spite of all of our real world problems. This show is a game changer where kdramas are concerned, since it doesn't follow the usual formula of having one ML paired up with one FL. Instead we were treated to an ensemble cast of 5 friends - we got to witness their growth as individuals and in their relationships. And through them we were introduced to many precious supporting characters whom we all came to love and root for. This was indeed a drama about life since it touched on everything - friendship , career, love, aging , death etc. It is not easy for a medical drama to be able to juggle so many themes but this I suppose is the magic of the show.

If I were to be honest , I  would have wanted a bit more of the non-hospital scenes. I would have wanted a wedding & babies for WG. more dates for IkSong ( what was Uju's reaction to SH dating his dad? ) , Min A meeting SH's mum, Dove couple reuniting earlier, and so on. But you know in the bigger scheme of things, perhaps all of that wasn't necessary since it was clear that our characters have already been set on their  flowery paths. The ending for all that we came to love was a clear and happy one.  I take my hats of to our PD-writer duo,  Shin - Lee,  for sticking to their guns and even in this final episode made it a point to highlight the difficulty and challenges of the medical profession. After all,  this is the heartbeat of the show - the saving and changing of lives. 

I do think S3 is a possibility , though not so soon given that many of the cast members are already signed up to new projects. I initially thought that 2 seasons will be good enough. But now I think I won't mind seeing them again. It will be interesting to see what Shin-Lee can come up with. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse Can you help to tell us the meaning of the song during closing montage? It says something like "we will meet again somehow in the future"...?

Translation of the lyrics of the vid you posted.

This foolish world doesn’t know you.
They can’t see the you, you keep hidden.
But I know, I can see
The wings of the fantastic you.
Don’t be afraid, you can do it.
The wings that frantically want to move, spread them and fly, over the world.

Like the sun, shine brightly
Even if this world tries to stop you.
You shining person,
I love you.
So that the whole world can see you, fly far and high.

Even if you hurt like a picked flower,
Even if you’re miserable like a chopped down tree,
Trust yourself,
Trust me,
We believe in each other.
Feel the sound of your heart beat,
Open those wings that had been kept folded,
Spread them and fly, over the world.

So that it gets better, you beautiful one
Even if this world seems to treat you coldly
You dazzling person
I love you
So that the whole world can see you, fly forever.

Like the sun, shine brightly
Even if this world tries to stop you
You shining person
I love you
So that the whole world can see you, fly far and high

• Thanks 4

So cute! Thanks @bairama for posting.

caption: For all those who miss “Playlist”
caption: A special gift prepared by Woo Joo
WJ: On September 23, Thursday, a Hospital Playlist Special Episode will be broadcast.

So, WJ is a doctor who is a PD when he's done with his medical stuff? LOL. So cute.

Btw, regarding ep 24, all the meta in that episode was just killing me while I was watching, such as when they comment how it feels as if it will the band's last jam session, not to mention the comments about WJ going camping with ME's PD father and how they should go along next time. So many others. 

• Thanks 3
8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This was indeed a drama about life since it touched on everything - friendship , career, love, aging , death etc. It is not easy for a medical drama to be able to juggle so many themes but this I suppose is the magic of the show.

I agree. Remember we were wondering whether S2 will touch on the pandemic or not? Well, I am so glad they didn’t. At these times when we dread anything to do with hospitals, this drama indeed brought hope and happiness. I kept thinking while watching the finale that please, let the world have more doctors and nurses like in Yulje.

@stroppyse thanks for the translation. Actually I was referring to the song at the very very end. After the scene of them watching the sunset 😅 sorry for confusing you with the ost posted. When I heard the song at the closing, I have had hope that we will have a S3... but anyway, I read that they have taken down the hospital building they built for filming. So quite unlikely to have a S3, or it will definitely be a long while before we get to see it, if there ever be any. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

thanks for the translation. Actually I was referring to the song at the very very end. After the scene of them watching the sunset 😅 sorry for confusing you with the ost posted. When I heard the song at the closing, I have had hope that we will have a S3... but anyway, I read that they have taken down the hospital building they built for filming. So quite unlikely to have a S3, or it will definitely be a long while before we get to see it, if there ever be any. 

Right. So, you had me translate a song that you didn't actually want a translation for? :laugh: I wondered why your lyric snipped couldn't be heard at all in the song.

The song over the closing montage is called "Someday" (언젠가는) and the lyrics that they sang go like this:

Someday we will meet again
Though where we will be, nobody knows.
Someday we will meet again
Looking just as we did when we parted

And, then they repeat this a few times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally done with this. The start of this season with exactly 12 episodes was to mark my last 12 weeks at my workplace, and so as this ends, so does my time at my current organisation as I move on to my next adventure.

About the series though, I have to say I didn't like how the series ended. It feels like they opened the season with so much potential for a 3rd season and mid-way through decided on a sudden, quick wrap up. I find it unsettling. For such a devout Catholic, Jeongwon is going to the US before marrying Gyeoul? What about Bear's mum? She seems like an unresolved character. Chairman's struggles with his children seemed too suddenly settled with his resignation too. We saw so little of U-ju. Does Junwan ever openly tell Ikjun he's dating his sister? And the twins' medical journey...

I didn't quite enjoy the last episode. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, you had me translate a song that you didn't actually want a translation for?

Still very appreciative of the translation for the OST though. You’re jjang! 😘

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Seeing the goodbyes make me sad

It really does feel final... 😢🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif