[K-Artist] Lee Jae Wook 이재욱

Tofu

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not that sure about his hair in these photos. It's definitely dramatic, but it feels a bit dated and makes him look younger. Given that he's already a baby, not sure that is a good thing?

Haha, I don't mind the hair, but not a fan of that mustard turtleneck shirt :pandascared:

Apparently his hair is long at the moment because he's forced to grow it out for his next role (I'm guessing he means Return). He talked about it on V-Live and has said he'd like to cut it, but I'm guessing he can't till the shoot is over. :heiboi:

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse Haha! I have yet to watch Extraordinary You because I keep thinking about how I can't accept LJW as the second lead. I will just watch him in Search WWW because I loved him there. :heart:

Thanks for the rest of the Esquire pics! Haha, Extraordinary You is a really good drama in terms of storyline and fun characters. I simultaneously wanted to slap and hug Baek Kyung (LJW's character) so many times :laugh: But yeah, if you're avoiding sad endings for your fave Oppas, you'd probably not want to take on this one even though it's a good drama. 

But yeah, he hooked me as a fangirl from this drama onwards :pandahehe:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

He'll have long hair in Return? Hmm....ok. Why? :thinking:

5 minutes ago, JenL said:

But yeah, if you're avoiding sad endings for your fave Oppas, you'd probably not want to take on this one even though it's a good drama. 

Hahaha! Yeah, all bad and sad endings are currently :KittyBan: for me. :eeeee:

• Haha 1
Just now, Tofu said:

He'll have long hair in Return? Hmm....ok. Why? :thinking:

Hehe, it's a sageuk drama or partially sageuk drama! So I'm guessing they need to add extensions and make his hair not look too modern? :idk:

• Shocked 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

Hehe, it's a sageuk drama or partially sageuk drama! So I'm guessing they need to add extensions and make his hair not look too modern? 

Really? I didn't realized it was going to be a sageuk or have sageuk scenes. That's interesting. I guess the long hair makes sense then. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Really? I didn't realized it was going to be a sageuk or have sageuk scenes. That's interesting. I guess the long hair makes sense then. 

I'm not really a sageuk watcher, but I'll give it a go. I mean I don't think I'm put off entirely by them since dramas like Extraordinary You had some sageuk scenes, but I'm not really drawn to the genre as a whole...but will give it a go and see how it fares for LJW's sake :laugh:

You can kind of see the hairstyle/ costumes in some pictures that a crew member posted: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JenL said:

I simultaneously wanted to slap and hug Baek Kyung (LJW's character) so many times

LOL. I totally know what you mean about Baek Kyung. I definitely wanted to smack him a few times before I realized what a tragic character he is. After that, I just wanted to hug him and reassure him. Though given that they are fictional creatures, i.e. figments of someone's imagination, it was all totally ridiculous. :laugh:

I first noticed him as Carlos in Memories of the Alhambra, though I've enjoyed his role the most in Search WWW. So far, anyway. Looking forward to what's next. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 10 months later...

He looks pretty fantastic in his new drama 'Alchemy of Souls'

Lee Jae Wook is doing well as Jang Wook the lead opposite Jung So Min in this drama. While there is no romance as yet, there is palpable chemistry between the two. Honestly, the drama thus far has been more about JSM balancing her true nature as the assassin Nak Su versus acting as the servant Mu Deok whose body her soul inhabits.

I think it's his eyes that do me in. Even when he's acting arrogant per his character, there is a vulnerable look to his eyes which seem to be showing us that the arrogance is a front while he's actually working toward a goal which means a lot for him.

Anyway, it's pretty fantastic to see him on the screen again, and with a solid leading lady and a story which is way more intriguing than I would have thought from the plot synopses.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

He looks really handsome, isn't it? Like the most handsome out of all his past dramas. Did you tell Stroppyse about this? LOL

I agreed! He exudes maturity and there's this cool energy coming off him that I'm just smitten by. The scenes of him walking, even I thought those were cool scenes. Hahaha!

I let stroppyse know that the styling for him is so much better and I love it. I don't think she'll watch just for that. She was quite frustrated with the storyline in the first season. :laugh:

I just realized this thread belongs to me and not @JenL. All this time I thought she made his thread. :lmao2:

AOS-02.gif
AOS-03v2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 hours ago, Tofu said:

The scenes of him walking, even I thought those were cool scenes. Hahaha!

Trueeee. I thought the same. I like his whole outlook and how he presented himself compared to S1. He's so powerful now as well that he doesn't look like a fool like he was in S1 too.

A-hahaha! JenL hardly create threads.

You can always send stroppyse some cuts to lure her 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The ghosting question, hahaha! Kang Ha Neul was asked that too and he said he really hates ghosting. If your SO found someone else, it just means they like someone better. If they ghost you, it means you exhaust them. :laugh:

I didn't watch S1 but I read that he wasn't as powerful there. I prefer a powerful Lee Jae Wook, please. :yoongibtspls:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@JenL is ghosting us... :lmao2:

Your hubby is back on the screen and looking so swoony but where are you, mate?

@Tofu He's powerless and weak in S1. Hahahaha! I'm glad there's a 3 years time jump and the ice stone in him which make him now invincible. Honestly wasn't enjoying watching him weak the whole season. I kept waiting for him to get strong. They literally have him spent like, what, 3-4 episodes fighting others (a test) and he still lost (and supposedly expected). Through this experience, he's supposed to learn from his opponents but he still wasn't good enough by the end of S1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's a lot that kept me away from season one, but so far I'm enjoying season two. I don't care too much about the storyline. I really like the chemistry between them. It's pretty FIREEEEE! I don't think I've see Lee Jae Wook with this much chemistry with his FL before. 

I know, where is @JenL?! We are talking about her love right now! 

• Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

A-hahaha! JenL hardly create threads.

This is true! I'm very lazy with creating threads because I know I'll abandon them halfway through because I'm chaotic like that  :smile:

On 12/17/2022 at 6:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

@JenL is ghosting us... :lmao2:

Your hubby is back on the screen and looking so swoony but where are you, mate?

HAHAHAHA sorrrryyyyyyyyy. It was a combination of:

a) I caught feelings for someone irl and unfortunately he took time away from watching LJW since I just spent my time being anxious about him :laugh: How dare he do this to me though? :pandarage2: LJW should always be Husband number #1

b) I was, I suspect, subconciously feeling sad about not getting to see LJW in real life, so it was hard to click on his content  :letalQQ:

c) I was really busy with work etc and when I got home I was superrrrr tired. There was a few nights I slept before midnight which is unheard of for me! :lettalKWA:

BUTTTTT I'm back to normal and ready to worship LJW in the last weeks of this drama and to tune into his fan meets across Asia :hearties::heart::wow::hearties::wow::heart:

HE IS SO HANDSOME IN AOS S2!!!! :SquirtleNiceAhah::SquirtleNiceAhah::SquirtleNiceAhah:

On 12/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, Tofu said:

There's a lot that kept me away from season one, but so far I'm enjoying season two. I don't care too much about the storyline. I really like the chemistry between them. It's pretty FIREEEEE! I don't think I've see Lee Jae Wook with this much chemistry with his FL before. 

I know, where is @JenL?! We are talking about her love right now! 

Hahaha I'm amazed how you @Tofu and @mademoiselle have NOT watched S1, but can watch S2. Do you even understand the convoluted story?! :lol:

I guess S2 is kind of stand alone anyway if you don't particularly care about the interwining of the 3 female lead characters and understand at the heart of it, she is Naksu :idk:

Hahaha, I'm here now, I'm here now :heiboi: I may be somewhat flakey and disappear for unexplained periods

, but I'll always love LJW deep in my heart :heart:

On 12/21/2022 at 3:06 AM, abs-oluteM said:

He came to KL again! But I want to know what are the similarities btwn us and SK. LOL..spicy food

Paiiiinnnnn....haha I knew it was being rescheduled, but they made it a private event :letalQQ:

I wonder if the main LJW channel on YT has subbed this content :thinking:

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @JenL Wish we were so lucky to be on the same flight as our Oppa. This Malay lady was taking video of herself and her family not realising Jae Wook was behind there. And apparently she doesn't know him.

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4848768005374143?from=old_pc_videoshow

Mannnn, I wish this too! Why does this stuff always happen to people who are not fans?! :scaredpanda2:

But if he was on my flight I'd totally faint :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha I'm amazed how you @Tofu and @mademoiselle have NOT watched S1, but can watch S2. Do you even understand the convoluted story?!

I don't think you need to watch S1 to really understand what's going on, because it's not like S2 is overly complex. LOL!! Right now, it's a bit lackluster but I love the visual so I continue tuning in every weekend. :laugh:

• Haha 1