[K-Artist] Lee Jae Wook 이재욱

Tofu

Thanks for the thread, and your gifs are hilarious! He's sooo awkward about trying to act cute and be sexy. Though, if it's written into a script, I totally expect him to hit it out of the park!

He's been very busy for a newbie actor. He made an impression on me with his bit supporting role as Marocs, and then he caught my eye as the sweetie pie actor who has to act as a villain in Search: WWW. I felt sad for him in Extraordinary You, and I'm totally loving him in Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol. To be honest, he's one of the reasons why I decided to check out DDSSLLS, the writer being the other reason. I hope he keeps getting picked up for projects. I feel optimistic that no one seems to be stereotyping him.

• Like 5

Haha, this is a bit of a throwback post to last year: I recently watched the rest of his Extraordinary You BTS vids. I always thought it was cute that he was the youngest, but everyone on set thought he was older than them at first and he had to correct them XD

Also thought he had a lot of chemistry with Kim Hye Yoon. They were always so cute together! :hearties:

Though the Bromance was also extremely strong with Rowoon XD :SquirtleNiceAhah:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I haven't watched Extraordinary You yet. I'll have to watch that during my break in a few weeks here! Thanks for sharing, @JenL!

In the Swoon's video that Lee Jae Wook did with Go Ara to promote Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol, he recorded an alarm for the fans. I couldn't find the link to download for that from The Swoon's social media so I isolated the clip and created one myself. There are two versions, you can decide which one you want to use as your alarm. :cool:

Download the Audio: Here

Download the Audio: Here

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hey all! Awesome Fanclub! (Just like in DDSSLLS for Jun) :hearties:

So one fine day I watched Search:WWW and happy to find a storyline with such strong stellar female characters (and actresses) and felt like yeah I'm not gonna care much of the men here haha...but LJW's appearing on Lee Da-Hee's TV screen each time she was engrossed by her fave drama kept distracting me! The whole time I wondered who is this actor man...being suave in the most villainous and hilarious ways! I just knew I gotta keep a watch on his projects. 

Somehow I was just waiting for his project that has an ensemble cast and setting that fits more of my preference and DDSSLLS is exactly what I need and finding out he's the male lead...that's like a dream granted. As they say, dreams doesn't need to be grand. haha. 

I don't think his looks or physique that draws me in naturally, I just sense great ability, presence through his acting and happy to know a young actor can be this good where they are few and rare sometimes. In a similar vein to why I like Yoo Ah-In (although YAI is a veteran now). :heiboi:

Here's to more great scenes of him in his current drama! Can't wait! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

:BulbaOWO::wow: He looks so beautiful :heart::MewGiggle::hearties: 

My favourite ones here, otherwise you can find on the VAST website (links included here):

https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2020/10/pictures-lee-jae-wooks-agency-vast.html

IMG-7910-r.jpg

IMG-7906-r.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Welcome @eNDe! Good to hear that you like LJW just as much as us! I loved him in Search: WWW too! His storyline with Lee Da Hee was my favorite in that drama. 

@JenL - Those photos of LJW really makes him look like a highschooler. :laugh:

Some .gifs I made of LJW from today's episode of DDSSLLS :wow:

spacer.png

spacer.png

LaLa is all of LJW's fan telling him how awesome he is. LOL!

spacer.png

• Haha 3

How could La La not fall in love with Jun? I mean, seriously. Handsome, works hard, is considerate, good with his hands, smart, good with dogs and children, respectful.

As for Lee Jae Wook who brings Jun to life, he does this thing where he can act so intense in a moment, but then shows you how the actor is only acting and perhaps actually lacks confidence. And, the thing is that LJW is acting both states and transitioning between them so that we believe him. I think it's this talent of his to make his characters, even ones who are big jerks like Baek Kyung somehow relatable and sympathetic.

I love LJW in DDSSLLS! But, I think I totally fell for him in Search: WWW and made me want to see more of his roles. To be honest, I wasn't familiar with the other actors in Extraordinary You, only with LJW, so that's actually what drew me to watch Extraordinary You even.

I'm hoping that being the male lead on a Big 3 network drama which is getting decent buzz means that he'll have more leading roles coming up even after DDSSLLS ends.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 10/28/2020 at 5:30 PM, eNDe said:

So one fine day I watched Search:WWW and happy to find a storyline with such strong stellar female characters (and actresses) and felt like yeah I'm not gonna care much of the men here haha...but LJW's appearing on Lee Da-Hee's TV screen each time she was engrossed by her fave drama kept distracting me! The whole time I wondered who is this actor man...being suave in the most villainous and hilarious ways! I just knew I gotta keep a watch on his projects. 

Somehow I was just waiting for his project that has an ensemble cast and setting that fits more of my preference and DDSSLLS is exactly what I need and finding out he's the male lead...that's like a dream granted. As they say, dreams doesn't need to be grand. haha. 

I don't think his looks or physique that draws me in naturally, I just sense great ability, presence through his acting and happy to know a young actor can be this good where they are few and rare sometimes. In a similar vein to why I like Yoo Ah-In (although YAI is a veteran now). :heiboi:

I have never watched Search www, but now it's on my list! I also first saw LJW in a villainous role as Baek Kyung in Extraordinary You. At first I hated his character because of his horrible attitude to the female lead. But the character's story was a lot more complex and he did an amazing job of bringing those layers together so that your feelings towards him changed completely. For me, I ended up caring about his character more than the male lead. 

And then watching him in BTS for Extraordinary You and seeing posts by fans who ran into him in real life and said he was really nice to them (like he would take photos with them in a way that seemed close, rather than reluctant and he was nice to chat to, rather than avoidant), I started to feel charmed by his charisma and fun personality off screen too.

I totally agree with you @eNDe - it's not really looks that draws me in. It's his ability to play interesting characters with feeling and his fun and playful, but also mature personality that holds my interest. But also not going to deny, sometimes he's really cute too!:BulbaOWO:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

"From today on, Dan Oh the only woman for me."

And since that day on, my heart got captured by Baek Kyung lols. 

Somehow, the LJW himself also a bit similar to Jun, he looked mature & charismatic for his age. He can hold his acting well with more senior actors & actresses. Even more experienced actors don't have the same naturalness and flexibility as him. 

Thanks @Tofu for opening space for fangirling lols... 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

20 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for Lee Jae Wook who brings Jun to life, he does this thing where he can act so intense in a moment, but then shows you how the actor is only acting and perhaps actually lacks confidence. And, the thing is that LJW is acting both states and transitioning between them so that we believe him. I think it's this talent of his to make his characters, even ones who are big jerks like Baek Kyung somehow relatable and sympathetic.

Yes! I agreed! I think that's why I pay a lot of attention to him when he's on screen because he has these slight movements in his facial expression that really capture the emotions of the character he plays. 

19 hours ago, JenL said:

I have never watched Search www, but now it's on my list! I also first saw LJW in a villainous role as Baek Kyung in Extraordinary You. At first I hated his character because of his horrible attitude to the female lead. But the character's story was a lot more complex and he did an amazing job of bringing those layers together so that your feelings towards him changed completely. For me, I ended up caring about his character more than the male lead. 

He doesn't show up until later in the drama but when he does, his storyline with Lee Da Hee was adorable. You don't have to watch the drama to see him, just watch this video. LOL!

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Somehow, the LJW himself also a bit similar to Jun, he looked mature & charismatic for his age. He can hold his acting well with more senior actors & actresses. Even more experienced actors don't have the same naturalness and flexibility as him. 

Thanks @Tofu for opening space for fangirling lols... 

Agreed, he is very charismatic. Probably the reason why I find him really captivating on screen. Haha!

More .gifs from episode 8 of DDSSLLS :wow:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Tofu, thanks for the gifs. Reposting one of them as an example. He does this thing with his mouth when he's trying to suppress a smile/grin/giggle that should not look as adorable as it does.

spacer.png

I know I've said this before, but I absolutely loved his role in Search: WWW. Seol Ji Hwan and Scarlet's romance was just the best, even if they were not the OTP! I loved that they had their own love line and didn't feel the need to muddle with others' lovelines. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

A Twinkling New Event!

We love this drama so much that we are launching a new event to celebrate the halfway mark on this drama. For this event, we have a few things prepared.

1. Anyone who posts after this announcement post will get 1 of 4 MiMi badges!

mgpjfRi.pngPWsUuN6.pngCWiSwjF.pngA8n9hFI.png

2. The post with the most likes will get a special badge (to be unveiled later)!

:yee::hearties:

3. If you want to choose a second badge (any of the MiMi badges or the special badge), you have to post to the this shrine, post to the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol drama thread, take the drama poll there, and promote us on twitter (or other SNS).

But, mostly we want you to come share our love for this drama! Also, be on the lookout for the podcast coming soon about this drama where @Tofu and @stroppyse spazz about their love for this drama!

Thanks to @SilverMoonTea for the adorable event badges and for organizing this event!

• Like 1
  • Party! 2
On 10/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, JenL said:

I always thought it was cute that he was the youngest, but everyone on set thought he was older than them at first and he had to correct them XD

I meant to comment on this earlier. There is a seriousness to LJW that makes him seem more mature/older than his years. Also, he does not have a particularly boyish face, as charming and attractive as it is to me right now. So, I can see why people think he may be older.

Until he starts cracking up and goofing around as he does in some of the BTS videos. Then he seems his age or younger.

Oh, also when he's wearing shorts. ROFL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1