Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

25 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Btw. Can someone explain to me the very first scene in this episode. 😄😄😄 What exactly did Jasung research? Did he research what kids do these days and found they "eat" ramyeon, not knowing the hidden connotations OR did he search how to be intimate and found out that kids these days use it with a double meaning. He did apologize if it were out of line... so I'm guessing it's the latter? I'll just assume it's the latter. 😆 

The 2nd option! Hahahahah I thought he was pretending to be innocent ....the fact that he said he apologised if he was out of line, means he knew its double meaning . :GengarCool:

Sobs....gonna miss oppa , JSM and the drama

Agency update

z19U8Nr.jpg

Spoiler

FhAKfOl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I still don’t know how eating ramyeon has anything to do with- you know... or is it just because sooo many couple after having a bowl of innocent ramyeon always ended up doing it that it became the code? Anyone knows how this came about? 

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama I actually checked real quick before I posted that, just to make sure my understanding isn't completely off. 😄

It's like the SK version of "Netflix and Chill". But "want to eat ramyeon?" actually sound better for me... Cause you know, it's hot and spicy. 😄 But basically, its like asking someone to hangout at home... which leads to whatever you want.

From what I understand though, it did start from a kdrama. 

Starting today, you can now use "want to drink and snack on my mom's home cooked food?" 😉

LOL. Probably not.

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Haha 5

@Warm Paws @ktcjdrama I got curious too ...always just accepted it since we see it so often.  So this was how it all started ,....
https://www.cosmo.ph/lifestyle/food-drink/invitation-eat-ramyeon-korean-meaning-origin-a655-20200221

Spoiler

So what does the line mean?

How ramyeon as an excuse for intimacy became a thing

What better way to find out about Korean culture than to ask a Korean? We asked Koreans to shed some light on where the pickup line originated and if it's really used in South Korea.

Suejin Song, a marketer in her early 30s, said that the line was actually coined way back in 2001. "In the movie Spring Days Go [aka One Fine Spring Day], the heroine played by Lee Young-ae [falls in love with the] male lead played by Yoo Ji-tae. [She says to him], 'Do you want to eat ramen?' Since then, it has become a term used at the beginning of a relationship." Here's the exact clip (you'll hear the line at the 00:48 mark):

Another Korean native (who's now based in New Zealand), Hyunchul Kim, traces it back to the same film. The Korean language teacher and YouTube content creator said that the characters in the movie "ate ramyeon together and had a sexual relationship." We asked him if people really use the line IRL, and he said, "Yes, but I think - people use it as a joke more."

Surprise - surprise! MMH is a number 2 most searched drama in recent week - #1 was Ji Jin Hee's new show The Road - Tragedy of One.

Spoiler

Was just reading some of the Naver Comments under the preview and pre-released.

https://tv.naver.com/v/21699726

They are wondering too why throw such a twist at the end.( they use the term throwing a million sweet potatoes)  Why get her to connect to her father now ? Could have done this earlier - too rushed. 

One of the top comments from pre-released

https://tv.naver.com/v/21699726

Everything has been good so far, but I hope it doesn't end with an open ending.. Most people who like this drama would want to see the Daebang couple get married and live a beautiful life.. That's the perfect dragon.. It is a real success and a happy ending for the two of them, who were in danger in various places, to have a stable life.. As it is a pre-production, there is a conclusion, but I pray that the two will be happy after marriage as if it were the last of the stars.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

15 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Hahahaha this is cute. 😂 Now I'm also curious how this one came about. 

I remember Stroppyse explained this before on one of the drama threads. If I remember it correctly it is because sweet potatoes can be stringy and hard to swallow. So when the drama serves something tragic / unexpected like that , it is like eating sweet potatoes. :hug:

--------------------------------------

Goodbye from the main cast

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB12018980

202108051445117221.jpg
JTBC's Wed-Thu drama 'Monthly House' (written by Myung Soo-hyun, directed by Lee Chang-min, produced by Drama House Studio, JTBC Studio) is about to end tonight (5th). Ahead of the time to say goodbye, I regret to just send it away, conveying my thoughts on the ending of the 6 actors who made the small screen sound on Wednesday and Thursday nights for the past 8 weeks and made me laugh. A behind-the-scenes cut full of happy moments of the family was released.

First of all, Jung So-min, who led a warm, sympathetic  and lovely romance through a character named Na Young-won, who is late to dream of owning a house in her 10th year as an office worker, said, "I understand the differences from myself while playing Young-won, and sympathize with the similar parts. I was able to look back at a person like me once again. Now, I was happy to meet the precious family members of 'Monthly House'. I sincerely thank the viewers who supported and watched until the end."

Kim Ji-seok, who played the role of Yu Ja-seong, who succeeded in transforming from a cold-blooded person who only knows money through an unusual love affair, said, "I was very happy while filming 'Monthly House'. "I was happy to be able to give everyone a little bit of comfort and laughter during a difficult time. I hope that it will be an opportunity to relive what a house is and what it means to me through 'Monthly House'. Thank you for your love." .

Jung Geon-joo as Shin-gyeom, who had a crush on Young Won, but eventually became a cupid for  Young Won and Ja Sung,  completed a good narrative. "After a long time filming and watching the broadcast to the end, it is a new feeling. I was able to see, learn, and feel a lot of acting through the director, staff, and actors on a fun and pleasant filming site," he said. Then, he concluded his feelings with the promise, "Thank you for loving 'Monthly Home' so far. I will greet you again with a good work."

Then, the trio who gave vitality to "Monthly House" by their existence alone - Chae Jung-an, Kim Won-hae, and Ahn Chang-hwan. Chae Jung-an, who plays Yeo Ui-ju, who has an irresistible candor and dignified charm, said, "I was happy throughout the filming because it was a work with bright energy. I would like to express my gratitude to the crew who worked hard together with my fellow actors who I worked with happily. Above all, I sincerely thank the viewers who laughed and cried with the story."

Kim Won-hae, a reconstruction dreamer and the best role who showed the essence of social life with a smiling face when standing in front of the CEO at anytime and anywhere, also said, "It was a meaningful work that I had fun with the actors and all the staff, and it was  happiness being together. He showed extraordinary affection.

Lastly, Ahn Chang-hwan, who played the role of Nam Sang-soon, who laughed and cried with the viewers due to realistic worries about his house, said, "I am very grateful and have a happy time through 'Monthly House'. I will cherish the memories of the actors and actresses who are like family." He said, "I am very grateful to the viewers who watched and loved 'Monthly House'."

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

40 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Starting today, you can now use "want to drink and snack on my mom's home cooked food?"

This is too mouthful to say 😆 not sexy and mysterious enough... 🤣 and I think the word mom kinda make you alert, no?

I remember the explanation for sweet potato! And also the cider thing 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I honestly hated the ending. I can't even bring myself to recap

Tell me - is that a happy ending or what? YW was so cold when she broke it off and because it was the last episode , there was no time to develop this. The writer really pulled a crazy stunt with such a serious issue and rushed the last bits. Even their trip was not a happy one for YW as at the back of her mind she was planning to break-up. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I can laugh now....this writer always does this , should have known. 
K netz comments ...they really ate a lot of sweet potatoes...:lmao2:

Yup they didn't like it too. 

Spoiler

E8CGdhxVkAYvoaO?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

E8CGWW8UUBMp5mI?format=jpg&name=large

Anyway...these two made me happy ...

Full farewell speech 

• Like 8

what kind of end is this.I am very disappointed 😔

no hugs

no kissing

no touching

Now are they together or not?

Also, the way their relationship was handled was not realistic.

They were an adult couple but they didn't even hold hands properly.

ok. some scenes fit the comedy theme of the show but still I was expecting more romance.

I was hopeful until the last scene but...😒

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

I had no issues if YW wanted to be independent & buy her own house . But this whole dad angle could have been done earlier , so that they can give the leads time for some proper reconciliation. They could have cut short the agony of the 1st break up - they unnecessarily drag that one . In fact the 1st break up was utter rubbish for me as I hate noble idiocy. I feel the writer really mucked up the last few episodes , and lost the chance of giving us a fully satisfying/ healing drama . What YW did at the end felt contradictory to the message about home is where your heart is which was the running theme of the show .

There was a lot I love about this drama . It had many sweet & funny moments. There were beautiful life lessons . The leads had fantastic chemistry & I even came to like the supporting cast . And of course at least KJS character is alive 😹 compared to their previous one , I suppose the ending at the end is opened to interpretation @forever__. But it really left me wanting for more. At the end of the day it just left a dissatisfying feeling in my heart . 

I really hope KJS & JSM can reunite for another show . And this time let’s have the ending dome right . 😂

At least we will get bed scene BTS after this Office one 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

What YW did at the end felt contradictory to the message about home is where your heart is which was the running theme of the show .

YES. Feels the same way to EVERYTHING we learned from the show. So much for "someone who will always hold your hand" 

House + Love = Home... But not a home full of broken memories. No way Ja-Sung should have stayed in that place if he was left like that.

(And many others)

@Ayame mentioned on the ship thread about fanfics. I'm just curious, but can you guys point me to some interesting ones?  Even if there's a good chance I haven't watched whichever show. Tbh, I'm actually quite green when it comes kdramas so I haven't seen any fanfics, alternative ending fanfics specifically. 😄

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

This show never fails to deliver the laughs... I thought the mother gonna hug the father because she missed him so much, but what she did was... :laugh:

Besides the laughs, writer nim didn't forget the moving part too. I teared up when UiJoo changed her mind about marriage, all because of seeing the loving parents of Editor Nam. That was so subtle yet so powerful.

But 15 minutes left and they're pulling a noble IDIOCY on us?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! Then a double time jump?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! One 5 months and one 3 years?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! Everything is great about this drama, except for the last 15 minutes! I'm super disappointed. Excuse me while I go into a corner and sulk first, hopefully to find inner peace to forgive this less than mediocre ending to a great drama... :mad: 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Sulking in the corner is not doing me any good. The more I think of it, the angrier I get... Good thing I didn't watch this last night or else I won't be able to go to sleep or enjoy HosPlay.

Let's say that this drama was originally slated for 20 episodes and writer had to cut it short to 16 episodes, I refuse to believe that (having seen some great twists and unexpected outcomes) she is not capable to write a satisfactory ending. It's like she purposely shoot herself in the foot? 

There are so many ways to find extra minutes for a better wrap-up on sudden appearance of Young Won's father. Cut short the Ja Sung studying and planning for GyeongJu trip, cut short the trip itself. Let Ja Sung and father sit down and talk, let Ja Sung and Young Won sit down and talk. Sure Young Won could be withdrawn or be reserved a bit more in the relationship, but Ja Sung assured her heart and their bond slowly grow stronger again. And who cares about Young Won's being able to build her own place? Tbh, I don't. And where did she get the money from anyway? I thought they still have to pay off the money father took from Ja Sung? She just disappeared and lost contact? Didn't even attend her bestie and ex-colleague's wedding? All these don't make sense! I am still so angry about how Young Won is written in the last 15 minutes. Why even bother to go to GyeongJu anyway? How can it be a good trip/memory because the day ended with devastation for Ja Sung, and her. They should've just canceled the whole GyeongJu trip, but of course, they chose to go ahead with the mission to introduce GyeongJu to viewers.... Well, guess what, tho' at first I added that place to my must-visit list in Korea, not anymore!... :mad:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama Agreed 10000% with your post. You expressed all my frustrations and what could have been. The writer shot herself in the foot. The drama has always been slated for 16 episodes and it was pre-produced with filming ending in April. They had plenty of time. She kind of did this in Drinking Solo but in that one the OTP did reconcile. In A Poem A Day it was nice and sweet with no break up and noble idiocy once the OTP got together. So I was hoping she would follow APAD.  

And yes how can the trip leave good memories when you plan to break up? And like @Warm Pawssay how can JS stand staying there when everything about the house will remind him of her?

WarmPaws, I don't know any fan fiction. Too bad I am not a good writer , or I will write one :idk:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM I already started to dabble on an alt ending. I'll see if it goes anywhere 😄😄 I already found some scenes from ep16 that I think I can use. Just a matter of finding the right words. 

@ktcjdrama I completely agree 10000% as well. Nothing felt right. Didn't even have an ending with everyone together. I don't completely agree with the last monologue.

Lol. Even the scene with Mira and Chang was WTF. Seriously?! Who wanted those two to be a thing at that point? 😄😄😄

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
3 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Lol. Even the scene with Mira and Chang was WTF. Seriously?! Who wanted those two to be a thing at that point?

Right?! That part could be cut off too. I personally am not invested in Chan at all, especially after some of the things he did. He even was rejoicing when Mira was rejected by Gyeom 🙄 If Mira is to be with anyone, I prefer her to be with Gyeom. 

I am so lazy to type out the last monologue, like you, I can’t relate anymore... But I will get to it, maybe after my sulking is done, since I’ve typed out 13-15, only 16 left. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Thing that got me laugh hard:

The 'want to eat ramyeon' I honestly always question it like.. How? Why? You eat ramyeon then got comfy so you bang badaboom? And this thread talked about it.. Plus solved it :laugh:

And 

'like eating sweet potato'.. We are! It feels like I was secretly cheated from the noble idiocy trope of durageon-nim and now I know by episode 16. The last episode that I hope for 'payment' of the noble idiocy thing. Still, I really love the home idea though.. If only they can handle the main leads arc better, this could be 2021 a good comedy drama with some insightful learnings that I would recommend to everyone.. Haiya.. But thankful to you all I still can laugh it all off even don't really know what to say :cry: :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Ssssoooooo... I decided to make an alternate ending. 😂😂😂 This is literally the first draft/ first export, so there's probably still a lot of touching up I need to do. I also think that there's some lines that I can still write better - artistically and gramatically. Also, I had to split them into two parts because of copyright issues. 😅 For some reason uploading it as a whole blocked it from anyone. But when I split it it's only blocked in SK...

If you're interested, you can watch below. It's still unlisted since it's just a draft, but I'm also not 100% sure if this is okay to upload publicly. This is just for fun but I do wish people get to see it.. so I dunno. 😂

Spoiler

Actually, I'd like some input on it, especially with the text. I hope there's nothing off or inappropriate. 😂 But let me know.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 5