Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

30 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Ssssoooooo... I decided to make an alternate ending. 😂😂😂 This is literally the first draft/ first export, so there's probably still a lot of touching up I need to do. I also think that there's some lines that I can still write better - artistically and gramatically. Also, I had to split them into two parts because of copyright issues. 😅 For some reason uploading it as a whole blocked it from anyone. But when I split it it's only blocked in SK...

If you're interested, you can watch below. It's still unlisted since it's just a draft, but I'm also not 100% sure if this is okay to upload publicly. This is just for fun but I do wish people get to see it.. so I dunno. 😂

Hide contents

Actually, I'd like some input on it, especially with the text. I hope there's nothing off or inappropriate. 😂 But let me know.

Great you decide to give comfort to all those whining hearts who is complaining n unhappy with the end... It's awesome 👏👏👏👏👏👏 great job, great edit n great story telling👌👌👌👌👌

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

If you're interested, you can watch below. It's still unlisted since it's just a draft, but I'm also not 100% sure if this is okay to upload publicly. This is just for fun but I do wish people get to see it.. so I dunno.

Thanks for making the clips!! They're definitely a better ending! and I don't think there's anything inappropriate. 

I think it should be okay to upload publicly... except that you have to make sure the pictures are not too long and totally taken from the original video. I mean, I had done some cuts for my favourite couple before, but when the video is a bit long without different cuts, YouTube somehow knows it's a copyrighted material and automatically deleted my clip. 

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

~ Na Young Won's Epilogue ~

Edition #13 - A Record of Youth’s Homes

Do you know the word “Semi-Roof-Study”? Many young one-person households live in semi-basements, rooftops, and study rooms. They endure each day in a poor and tough space. The reason they can endure is because they have hope for the future. But their space is so saddening for them to endure it solely on hope. I hope their space isn’t a space they must endure but a space that brings them comfort. I hope what they hope for becomes a reality soon.

Edition #14 - Meeting the Home of Your Destiny, Meeting the Person of Your Destiny

I heard there’s a place that makes you feel it’s your destiny the moment you see it. I believe it’s the same with people. A person who you feel is your destiny at first glance. Of course, sometimes you realize that after you’ve known them for a long time. And sometimes, you thought it was fate, but things went wrong and you split. Just like my home I knew was my destiny, I hope to meet the person of my destiny that will never let go of my hand.

Edition #15 - Building a House, Building Love

Love is like building a house. Just as you find a lot to build, you meet someone. Just as you pile up bricks, you pile up memories. Just as you beautifully decorate your house, you tend to your love so that it shines. Just like a well-built house with a strong foundation, I hope our love will be forever.

Edition #16 - A Woman Who Buys a House, A Man Who Has a Home

What is a good home? A place that’s clean and cozy. A place you want to invite close friends to. A place built on a spot that brings good fortune. This is what I think. A good home is a place where a good person lives. Small, big, high, low… it might all look different, but it’s where your day starts and ends. Is the place you are living in a good home?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

except that you have to make sure the pictures are not too long and totally taken from the original video. I mean,

Yeah, I noticed that it was getting blocked because of the flashback parts, which I originally put in as is, 100%. That's why I tries to add some filters, and slip in different clips, but it wasn't enough. Since I already got it to match the length of the music already, I kinda got lazy to move things around. 

Just wanna clarify, jajangmyeon is technically not ramyeon right?

I'm also iffy about the moving in with the parents. 😄😄 I wanted to address Ja-Sung's dream and goal somehow, but I also want them to be alone together. 😏 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

And thanks for doing the epilogues. Reading it now, #14 and #15 kinda hurts... but since they actually got back 'together', it still works...

I'd like to dispute #16 actually... Really dislike it if you think of what happened in the last 15 minutes. Or what happened in ep.14 and 15. 

Edition #16 - A Woman Who Buys a House, A Man Who Has a Home

What is a good home? A place that’s clean and cozy. A place you want to invite close friends to. A place built on a spot that brings good fortune. This is what I think. A good home is a place where a good person lives. Small, big, high, low… it might all look different, but it’s where your day starts and ends. Is the place you are living in a good home?

Putting in spoiler, as I don't really want to ruin the mood if some of you don't prefer to read (yes I am still a sour lemon)

Spoiler

- The title first. Sure the woman bought a house, but where is the home of the man? He does not have a home, but a house. 

- Her place is clean and cozy, but close friends? Where are they? She left them without any news/contact. Didn't even attend bestie's wedding, the one who initially didn't believe in marriages but actually got married! Doesn't that make her wedding even more special to be celebrated? 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

yes I am still a sour lemon

Me also...

Spoiler

I am like 2nd drama together and still cannot get clear cut happy ending. :pandablank: . What la....

Someone on Naver was like this author has never been in a relationship LOL!...

Some top comments:

I understand that men are okay with everything, but I can only see women trying to protect their self-esteem. The author has never been in a relationship. Every reason for breaking up is so compelling that I don't even pray; I don't understand it more than when Ja-seong said we should break up.

If that's the case, why did you make episode 16? The final episode will be Dragon Warrior, the main audience? Male and female couples are the main ones? Do you feel that the intermediate process was omitted too much? I thought it would definitely appear at the wedding of a male and female couple, but it's not like that. My personality is the same, but I feel like I've changed a bit, but it's less clear. Is it possible to suddenly make a character selfish and pay off all my debts in the last episode and buy my own house in 3 years? Jaseong's promise to buy an officetel I thought he would come out to keep his promise, and if he decides to find it, it doesn't take 3 years, but until the end, it's only Jasung pity You're so affectionate, but leave your heart hurting for 3 years?

Self-esteem was more important and took priority over love.

Unbelievable development.. An unreasonable number of bombs in the last episode.

@Warm Paws . Love it, so nice !

Subbed BTS

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The best part of the drama was still seeing them reunite.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112dc5228944575a84c6

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Warm Paws nice video for alternate/better ending.. 😍😍

Yeah, the ending was not as bright as I expected. But, I’m happy that YW finally owns a house by herself. I think the writer kinda rush and push this at the end. 

My consolation for the ending is that even after three years, YJS was still waiting and looking for YW. He’s still holding the keychain and looking for her. YW went back to places of their last trip, indicates that she still has feeling for him. At the end they are “together” and open for interpretation. Mine is they are starting over.. 😊

I like the background song when they met again.. the lyrics made me in peace with the endings.

Edited by Support_Somin_n_SG
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteMI actually like the ending, it's beautiful. She become someone worth on her own, she looks so beautiful in the end. And in my opinion its not really an open ending, but a full circle of happy ending. 

He still keeping the house keychain from her. She also haven't forgotten him. What she said its right as well, her dad should not runaway despite the hard time for being cheated himself. To me this 2nd separation is more make sense than the 1st. 

Thanks for all the casts, the drama is very heartwarming. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

He still keeping the house keychain from her. She also haven't forgotten him. What she said its right as well, her dad should not runaway despite the hard time for being cheated himself. To me this 2nd separation is more make sense than the 1st. 

I am glad that you see it as happy ending. Actually the Naver articles also see it that way that they reunited but the knetz disagree. LOL ....If this was done earlier , I would be able to accept it a lot more. But to rush such a heavy angle at the last 30mins of the show is bad pacing and story telling for me. Anyway I have passed my 7 stages of grief ahahahaahah...it is what it is. 

I miss them so I just keep rewatching this :lmao2:

Spoiler

@Warm Paws I Iove all the cute edits you're posting on your twitter. Please post here also. So funny and made my day. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am glad that you see it as happy ending. Actually the Naver articles also see it that way that they reunited but the knetz disagree. 

Yes both of them also smiling and they meet again in other occasion (already change clothes). They meet again with no burden in my opinion. So it should be happy ending. 

Poor Shin Gyeom is the only one without pairing lols... And he's also one of the sweetest 2nd lead ever.  

Btw that Ui Joo and Sang Soon really an epic couple, I have to say they're kind of stealing the limelight from the main couple. I really have lots of good laugh because of them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Just now, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw that Ui Joo and Sang Soon really an epic couple, I have to say they're kind of stealing the limelight from the main couple. I really have lots of good laugh because of them.

I also really like them. Make me laugh so much. I will always remember him accidentally calling her cutie pie :lmao2:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hmm, I still don’t see it as a good ending. She was still trying to avoid him if possible. When he went back to retrieve the key chain, she is gone. It was because he looked her up that she was found and like she gave in to fate and not try to run away again (well, coz only a few minutes left on the clock anyway). She knows exactly where and how to find him, so she could’ve taken the key chain and return it to him, but no, she left. 
🍋

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Episode 11 - 16

So I got lazy writing my episode summaries for a few weeks since I accidentally took on too many dramas (for me) and was writing episode summaries left right and centre and watching the Olympics :pandahehe: But I just watched the last 2 episodes....and I have so much to say. This is just going to be a mega-post about side characters and then main characters:

Ui-Joo + Nam Sang Soon

I was glad that these two finally got together because I could sense it awhile before it happened. :cool: Probably from the episode where she lined up for him when he needed to go to the toilet in the subscription queue. But then there were more and more moments like UJ telling NSS that he was the perfect guy and trying so hard to set him up. I liked the big reveal that the Rich Guy turned out not to be some sugar daddy as we were all lead to believe, but her father who was a cheater - I think some of the charm of this drama was its cheekiness to tell the truth, but make it appear like it was a joke at times. This reveal also explained so much about her character - why she lived well, why she didn't believe in marriage and why she seemed to have high defensive walls. Once UJ + NSS got together, they were actually quite sweet...that tickle fight in the library and her being comfortable to cry in front of him...such lovely moments :BulbaOWO: I also laughed so hard at that passionate scene which was ruined by NSS calling UJ cutie pie...it was totally UJ's fault for talking about cutie pie all day...but I feel like it was that test that girls sometimes do to try and suss out if the guy is over their ex :laugh: The only thing I feel is kind of a shame is that their love story seemed to go down the nice route, while the main pairing had so many dragged out make-up-break-up scenes.

Gyeom, Chan + Mi Ra

Wow, Gyeom, the second lead was involved in 2 love triangles, though I'm not even sure if he was aware of the second one he was stuck in :laugh: I thought the noble idiocy storyline where YJS tried to sacrifice his relationship for Gyeom was sooo silly. As if NYW was suddenly going to like Gyeom just because he wasn't in the picture :pandaheadstomp: Though Gyeom did tell NYW his feelings, I felt it was more for him to get it out of his system so he could get over her rather than him hoping to have a chance with NYW. I'm glad he was a sensible second lead and got YJS to stop 'sacrificing' for him - also I liked that he was genuinely happy for both YJS and NYW once they got back together again and it was YJS, not him, that provided the fake return of cash to NYW.

As for Mi Ra, I wish Gyeom liked her! :letalQQ: They had so many nice moments together and he was thoughtful towards her... But I guess you don't always romantically like people who you get along with and look after. I also thought it was refreshing that he wasn't perfectly paired up (Gyeom, really showing the true curse of the second lead and being forever alone :laugh:) and it was Chan instead who ended up with Mi Ra since he had obviously prepared himself to like her for a long time and was so hurt when she didn't actually like him :laugh: Haha, also Chan got a lot of judgement for his crush on Mi Ra by Mi Ra's friend, so I guess it was only fair that she would like him after he looked after her and gave her the old piggyback. :love:

Chief Editor

Hahaha, poor guy who tried very hard to suck up to his boss, but was wrong every single time :lol: Not only that but after everyone paired up, he was lonely and wanted work friends to drink with / bad mouth boss with...but he picked the wrong guy in YJS's secretary. That burn when Secretary Hwang said he learns rather than complains :laugh: Kim won Hae often plays very annoying, but funny characters. This one was extra annoying, but also really quite fun to cringe at - I enjoyed when he was hanging out with YJS and getting the best treatment in expensive food, clothes and trips because YJS found meaning in being generous and he still misunderstood the situation :pandaheadstomp: . But hey, he did give good advice about the best thing in life being the feeling of loving someone and being loved in return. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Epsiodes 11-16 + The Ending with Yoo Ja Sung + Na Young Won

Ahhh, I'm not even sure where to begin. I feel like Korean writers really don't understand the meaning of Rom-com. Especially the comedy part which implies there will not be seriously unreasonable angst. Sure there needs to be some sort of conflict, but this should be resolved in a reasonable time so that the characters can have a happy ending or at least one that doesn't traumatise the viewers. I understand sometimes writers don't want to make the ending too perfect or unrealistically happy, but I was baffled by their choices in episode 16. :letalQQ:

Btw don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this series and I think both the main actors were fantastic. But there were also some pretty big flaws in the writing and execution of this drama ending, which is sadly enough, quite common. A lot of dramas I've seen over the years have derailed at the end and could have been so much better with tiny fixes here and there. I think you can like something but still be critical of it too...and I always like to critique drama endings - even for some of my most favourite series. If you liked the ending and don't like hard critical writing....you might not want to read ahead :idk: I will put my long vent post in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler

My main issue with the ending was the terrible pacing of events - there really shouldn't have been another conflict thrown in so late in the series especially since the last couple of episodes had been large conflict arcs which had taken a lot of time to resolve. I was curious why they hadn't delved into YJS's past in detail, but thought that it might have been a cliché they wanted to avoid (ie. exploring rich guy's traumatic past). However, they chose to do it half way through the last episode and there wasn't enough time to do that properly or to logically resolve the issue. If they had wanted to look into that trauma, it should have been done wayyyy before the last episode :letalQQ:

I also don't understand why both YJS and NYW both had to do the noble idiocy act which resulted in multiple break-up-make-up sequences - it's bad enough when one character does it, but to have both of them 'sacrifice' for unworthy reasons is such a waste of time and feels repetitive. With YJS, at least Gyeom was in a coma, so he couldn't protest how much he wouldn't have wanted them to break up and Chan was guilting YJS to consider Gyeom's feelings. But when NYW was breaking up with YJS because she felt guilty about her dad, YJS was literally telling her a whole bunch of valid reasons why they shouldn't break up and she was ignoring him: YJS had gotten over that incident, he was happy with her and money wasn't such a big deal anymore since he found love and also because he became successful as a result of failure which is commonly what happens when people hit rock bottom...but she was dismissing him over his own feelings which was very very frustrating to watch! :PikachuFacePalm:

Another thing: I found it fairly painful and uncharacteristic to think that NYW would cut off contact with all her workmates and friends for a father who had abandoned her for most of her adult life. Family is important, but what about her work family who had supported her through tough times? :letalQQ: And there was a time jump of 3 years which means there was years of no contact. And they said they couldn't find her? Here, I find this unbelievable because she looks like she worked for a magazine or at least in a job involving interviewing so her name would have been somewhere. I guess they wouldn't want to stalk her, but I think logically it didn't make sense for them to say they couldn't find her for 3 years. :idk:

Then there's the unresolved issue with her father and them meeting 3 years later. NYW broke up with YJS because she said he would think of her father every time he saw her. I don't get what that would mean for them in the future...if that was her reason for the break up, what would change in the future to allow them to get back together again since there would never be anyway to change what happened in their past? Maybe she just needed time by herself to process the shock, but it's hard to change the past??? :thinking:

And the last thing that got to me was how NYW got to own such a big house in 3 years when she struggled to save money the whole time. Not doubting her abilities :laugh: BUT this isn't really explained as far as I could see. It's not impossible, but without a clear explanation, it seemed like a hashed up way of empowering her character / giving some independence at the last minute instead of showing the process of growth to get there. I suppose NYW learnt what YJS taught her and she never forgot him. But without details of the process or her explicitly saying that, the whole thing of her showing her house seemed a bit empty to me as a viewer. :thinking:

As it stands, I'm just confused. I'm confused about whether they got back together again, how she got successful and whether or not she ever talks to her old work friends again.

I think the ending could have been fixed up by removing at least one of the multiple fights or break-ups. The entire storyline with NYW's dad either had to happen earlier or not at all (eg. They could have removed the whole break up because of Gyeom and had that story about the dad). If they wanted to go down the conflict storyline of NYW building her own house, I would have preferred if the conflict had been about what YJS said and NYW showing him that she was made of tougher stuff. Then having worked through it, NYW builds her dream home together with YJS. :BulbaOWO:

Now that I've gotten my vent out of my system, I'm sorry the ending wasn't the greatest @abs-oluteM. I know you were very invested in this pair, especially your Oppa and I understand this pain very well :letalQQ: Although a different type of plot, the execution of this ending reminds me so much of the ending of my favourite rom-com drama, Dodosolsolalasol  (I'll put the similarities in a spoiler tag below) which also went off track as other people who watched (like @Tofu) would know:

Spoiler

The stories are clearly very different, but the similarities is the poor ending choices.

The main couples were super sweet in each series until the last couple of arcs. In DDSSLLS, it went downhill after Ep 13 when they started to break-up-make-up several times (over things like parents lack of approval and noble idiocy) , just like how they did in Monthly House after Ep 11.

Monthly House: The whole ordeal with NYW dad leads her to break up with her boyfriend, suddenly quit her job and goes off the grid, where none of her friends or ex-workmates can find her. Then there's a time jump of 3 years and she comes back suddenly with a house and is happy to talk to YJS again?? :lettalKWA:

DDSSLLS: Jun, the male lead, discovers he has cancer and instead of telling his girlfriend (Lala) and the friendly townspeople the truth, he says he's studying overseas. His mother implies he dies and everyone mourns him. Then there's a time jump of 5 years and he reappears and is clearly alive and gets back with Lala?? :lettalKWA:

I just want to slap some common sense into these Kdrama writers! :pandaheadstomp::pandaheadstomp::pandaheadstomp:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Thank you so much @SilverMoonTea ! I always like hearing from people that they liked the ending. I do know they did a really good job with everything and it is still one of the best shows for me. Even if I personally found it unsatisfying, I really wish I can like it more. 

Anyway. After talking about wishing to like the ending... Here's the final alt ending I made. 😄😄 Made some little changes to avoid getting it blocked, for better or for worse. 

Spoiler

Thanks @abs-oluteM. @Ayame tagging you too since you were looking for fanfics. 😄

Forgot I didn't post these two here as well. Some what-ifs:

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
On 8/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I still don’t know how eating ramyeon has anything to do with- you know... or is it just because sooo many couple after having a bowl of innocent ramyeon always ended up doing it that it became the code? Anyone knows how this came about? 

Hahaha it's the same as in the Western world when someone asks if you want to come up for a drink or coffee. Except in Asia, everyone loves food, soooo....:smile:

On 8/5/2021 at 4:18 PM, Warm Paws said:

Starting today, you can now use "want to drink and snack on my mom's home cooked food?" 😉

I'd still use the same line without alterations to see how it would fare :cool:

The problem is if they didn't know what ramyeon was and you had to explain it's like spicy instant noodles and then they were like, but we just had dinner?! :laugh:

On 8/5/2021 at 11:40 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I honestly hated the ending. I can't even bring myself to recap

Tell me - is that a happy ending or what? YW was so cold when she broke it off and because it was the last episode , there was no time to develop this. The writer really pulled a crazy stunt with such a serious issue and rushed the last bits. Even their trip was not a happy one for YW as at the back of her mind she was planning to break-up.

Yeah I really don't understand writers who don't pace properly and think that this is what their audiences want to see in a rom-com. Even if it didn't end in marriage, it shouldn't end in a break up :PikachuFacePalm: I honestly think break ups should be banned from the final episode of any rom com. Like you had your chance to break them up the entire series. If you hadn't done it now, it's too late and you've lost the right to do it :pandacop:

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I had no issues if YW wanted to be independent & buy her own house . But this whole dad angle could have been done earlier , so that they can give the leads time for some proper reconciliation. They could have cut short the agony of the 1st break up - they unnecessarily drag that one . In fact the 1st break up was utter rubbish for me as I hate noble idiocy. I feel the writer really mucked up the last few episodes , and lost the chance of giving us a fully satisfying/ healing drama . What YW did at the end felt contradictory to the message about home is where your heart is which was the running theme of the show .

Yeah it made no sense to pull out the dad story at this point. I think it would have been more acceptable to make the last 'issue' about the fact she wanted to build a house....but instead of breaking up, they work through it and NYW builds her house with YJS sometimes helping. But because the project and money used is hers alone, she feels happy and independent. :MewHi:

On 8/6/2021 at 10:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

There was a lot I love about this drama . It had many sweet & funny moments. There were beautiful life lessons . The leads had fantastic chemistry & I even came to like the supporting cast . And of course at least KJS character is alive 😹 compared to their previous one , I suppose the ending at the end is opened to interpretation @forever__. But it really left me wanting for more. At the end of the day it just left a dissatisfying feeling in my heart . 

But I'm sure after the first viewing you've gotten over it and still love all the good parts of the show. I feel like your positive and negative sentiments are exactly how I felt (and still feel) about DDSSLLS....there was so much beauty, joy and happiness in most of the series until the last few episodes. I'm just sorry that other good shows go through the cursed ending fate too! :mine:

A good way for getting over the ending if you still need to grieve is re-watching all the behind the scenes. Since they had good chemistry, at least the show brought you your faves together :heart:

On 8/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, ktcjdrama said:

But 15 minutes left and they're pulling a noble IDIOCY on us?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! Then a double time jump?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! One 5 months and one 3 years?!? Arrrrrrrgggh!! Everything is great about this drama, except for the last 15 minutes! I'm super disappointed. Excuse me while I go into a corner and sulk first, hopefully to find inner peace to forgive this less than mediocre ending to a great drama... :mad: 

I think unfortunately 'traditional' styles of K-drama rom-coms seem to love pulling these cards with endings. And this story was as traditional as you can get with the tsundere CEO. The types of annoying things they do with rom-com endings :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

- Time jumps

- Last minute break ups

- Noble idiocy break ups

- Uneven pacing of the last episode

- Last 10 minute reunions

- Open endings

- Side characters getting better endings than the main couple

- Side characters getting more airtime in the last episode than the main couple

Haha, if it makes you feel better at least none of the main characters suddenly got cancer like they did in DDSSLLS. Anyway to add to the small list in my last post, another few similarity in both dramas...it's actually eerily similar in the way the ending went :lettalKWA::

Spoiler

-The side characters were all wonderful and you love them, but they got better endings than the main couple, which felt unfair and sort of took away your interest in them since it's painful to compare their ending with main couple. In Monthly House, UJ and NSS got to wedding planning stage while NYW and YJS go through a breakup?? And in DDSSLLS, Ha Young and Seung Ki get married, have a shared business and a baby while the male lead, Jun is presumed dead and Lala by herself?? :pandadisgusted:

- The main couple reunions only happened in the last 10-15 mins and there was no real explanation about why they hid for a number of years if they truly loved/ cared for the other person  :lettalKWA:

- Both NYW and Jun, in each series, kind of got a character assassination - ie. their characters were warm and loving and it made no sense they would act the way they did which seemed cold even though it was meant to be "sacrificial" in the way of noble idiocy :PikachuFacePalm:

- Both series had multiple time jumps and break ups. I lost count of how many time jumps there were. 5 months + 3 years for Monthly House?...I think there was 6 months + 6 months + 5 years for DDSSLLS :BulbaConfused: Both series had at least 3 or more break ups/ fake break ups/ fights

-There was no reunion with the office workers for NYW of Monthly House and no reunion with the townspeople for Jun of DDSSLLS even though they were close! :cry:

- Both NYW and Jun ended the series with a monologue that was so pointless because they talked about happy things when they themselves left everyone! :mine:

- But both series were very cute and sweet and the romance was good. The story was seen as healing and rom-com...until the end. :letalQQ:

On 8/6/2021 at 12:29 PM, Warm Paws said:

YES. Feels the same way to EVERYTHING we learned from the show. So much for "someone who will always hold your hand" 

House + Love = Home... But not a home full of broken memories. No way Ja-Sung should have stayed in that place if he was left like that.

Yeah, it's always sad when they have lots of lovely life lessons that you have pocketed...but then they end up contradicting them?! :lettalKWA:

On 8/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I refuse to believe that (having seen some great twists and unexpected outcomes) she is not capable to write a satisfactory ending. It's like she purposely shoot herself in the foot? 

She either had a bitter break up before she wrote this or was friends with the DDSSLLS writer who butchered my favourite series in a similar way :laugh:

On 8/6/2021 at 2:50 PM, ktcjdrama said:

There are so many ways to find extra minutes for a better wrap-up on sudden appearance of Young Won's father

Yeah, the pacing for this drama ending was so off! I always find there's an element of time wastage in last episodes which sucks. For this drama, I think I outlined big changes in my last post. But even if they made minor tweaks it would have been great...For example, there's a lot of unnecessary fluff for side characters. I liked their stories, but they could have been tightened. Why bother having that scene with Chief Editor and the secretary? Or all those scenes where he's rejected by office workers? The whole UJ's dad scene could have been reduced too since he's not an important character. The scenes of the trip could also be shortened a lot! :niu:

On 8/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, Warm Paws said:

Lol. Even the scene with Mira and Chang was WTF. Seriously?! Who wanted those two to be a thing at that point? 😄😄😄

I wanted Gyeom and Mi Ra together!!! :letalQQ: 

But I did feel like Chan was not a terrible character, just really annoying at times. For example, he was a good friend to Gyeom, though sometimes his actions weren't great. And he wasn't mean to her per say, just petty that he was rejected I guess. 

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

1 minute ago, JenL said:

The problem is if they didn't know what ramyeon was and you had to explain it's like spicy instant noodles and then they were like, but we just had dinner?! :laugh:

No no. From what I understand, the point is to get the other person inside your place/ house. It's the act of inviting, which then leads to THE act. 😂😂😂 So I don't think you'll use it once you're already alone together... but I dunno. 😅 

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I did feel like Chan was not a terrible character, just really annoying at times.

I found him... alright (?) in general. But when it came to his interations with Mira, I disliked him. Their ending scene, for me, did Mira injustice. It made her character fickle or shallow or something... 

10 minutes ago, JenL said:

The scenes of the trip could also be shortened a lot!

LOL. IKR. While I was making some alternate reality clips, I realized how long the scenes were. Young-won walking around the park (?) took so long. 🤣

Actually, I like that some people here like Ui-joo and Sang-soon. Personally, I wasn't that emotionally invested in them (as a couple) through-out the show, so the amount of coverage and emphasis they had on the last episode threw me off extra. 

One consolation for me is that OTP just really looks nice together in the last scene, considering...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 8/7/2021 at 1:45 PM, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... I don't think so... Im fact, I think jajangmyeon usually comes from Chinese restaurants.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, Warm Paws said:

@ktcjdrama Chinese food that is mainly found in Korea, right? Something like that. 😄

Jajangmyeon is the blackbean noodles brought over by the Chinese living in Korea. It's more like Chinese takeway food specifically in Korea. At least that's how my friend explained it to me :MewHi:

On 8/7/2021 at 5:00 PM, Warm Paws said:

"Is the place you are living in a good home?"..... "cause I just built mine and it's great. On top of that, its an asset and I'll grow richer" 😄 Oh well. 

Hahaha, in the end it was still about making money rather than getting a home :pandatakeit: 

Hahaha, I'm kidding of course! (Or am I?) :pandahehe:

On 8/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, Support_Somin_n_SG said:

My consolation for the ending is that even after three years, YJS was still waiting and looking for YW. He’s still holding the keychain and looking for her. YW went back to places of their last trip, indicates that she still has feeling for him. At the end they are “together” and open for interpretation. Mine is they are starting over.. 😊

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

He still keeping the house keychain from her. She also haven't forgotten him. 

This is totally true though. I guess you must look at it as they've matured and grown and maybe with the time that has past and NYW becoming more independent,  she's forgotten about the pains of her past. YJS would also show her how devoted he was and they could start again. :idk:

I do think if you like the ending it must also be hard to read all the vents about it, so Thanks for sharing your points of view and putting a happy spin on things. I also think other people still love the series/ pairing/ actors, which is why people are so hurt about it. And then there's a few others like me who are irritated by the execution of the writing (more technical elements of delivering the drama) and just need to get it out of their system for one day before they're over it. But hopefully people will still remember the series in a good light. I've found that's what's happened with my favourite series over time. :MewHi:

20 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMI actually like the ending, it's beautiful. She become someone worth on her own, she looks so beautiful in the end. And in my opinion its not really an open ending, but a full circle of happy ending. 

Haha, you're a fan of the subtle endings! I do think there were a number of good elements about the ending - nothing is ever all bad. For me, the pacing and lack of explanation took away from things - I wish we could actually see NYW becoming a person of her own self worth. By only showing the result (ie. a house) rather than the process of her getting there, I think I felt like something was left out, especially since she didn't have her friends around and didn't contact anyone (not just YJS). :thinking:

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Poor Shin Gyeom is the only one without pairing lols... And he's also one of the sweetest 2nd lead ever.  

He was sweet! Haha, he could have had someone...why did he reject Mi Ra?! :pandaheadstomp:

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hmm, I still don’t see it as a good ending. She was still trying to avoid him if possible. When he went back to retrieve the key chain, she is gone. It was because he looked her up that she was found and like she gave in to fate and not try to run away again (well, coz only a few minutes left on the clock anyway). She knows exactly where and how to find him, so she could’ve taken the key chain and return it to him, but no, she left. 
🍋

Yeah, I did feel the writer's gave her a character assassination that was totally unnecessary. It makes you unsatisfied because there was no consistency with her character from the past 15 episodes. Since she liked him so much and was such a warm, thoughtful person, how could she suddenly just avoid him indefinitely? If he hadn't found her, would she have kept hiding? And what about her friends/ workmates? :thinking: I understand your POV - it's not being sour, I think it's valid to grieve the ending because there were so many possible elements to play with, but they made such odd choices that the last ep felt much different to the rest of the series. 

9 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I always like hearing from people that they liked the ending. I do know they did a really good job with everything and it is still one of the best shows for me. Even if I personally found it unsatisfying, I really wish I can like it more. 

With time you'll just remember the good parts of this series and not  the ending (except that it could have been better). But you'll still love it :BulbaOWO: I think it's so cool that you've made alternate endings - other fans will be so grateful for this.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

8 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeah, I did feel the writer's gave her a character assassination that was totally unnecessary. It makes you unsatisfied because there was no consistency with her character from the past 15 episodes. Since she liked him so much and was such a warm, thoughtful person, how could she suddenly just avoid him indefinitely? If he hadn't found her, would she have kept hiding? And what about her friends/ workmates? 

One other way to write the ending is that Young Won makes a vow to Ja Sung that she will make up for all the hurt and pain he went through because of her dad by loving him sooooo much and to the max that he will only know happiness and don't remember what hurt and pain means. Wouldn't that be more consistent with her character? Breaking up with him is like hurting him double. He was hurt in the past by her father and in the present by her. Why not make it up to him? Not with money, but with lots and lots and lots of love and devotion for him!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif