Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

25 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ui Joo's one is the most surprising! 

Some points did ingrained in her personality, like this :

- Advocates/INFJ may see helping others as their purpose in life. They are troubled by injustice, and they typically care more about altruism than personal gain. As a result, Advocates tend to step in when they see someone facing unfairness or hardship. 

>She always helping YW, and even not scared to told off JS whose in higher rank than her. 

Advocates/INFJ value deep, authentic relationships with others, and they tend to take great care with other people’s feelings. 

>She actually very caring to SS's feeling on his break up with cutie pie, she always worried chief editor will hurt his feeling. 

But still I think she's more of extrovert than introvert lols. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

By the way this article listed down some of the money saving tips from drama! Check it out:

https://kdramadiary.com/feature/monthly-magazine-home-saving-tips-for-future-house/

New stills...

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210726/108155698/1

108155689.1.jpg

This was just too cute...part of the latest BTS

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

~ Na Young Won's Epilogue ~

Edition #9 - A Flower Blooming in a Ruined Heart, Flowers Bloom in a Damaged House

Someone once said that united minds make flowers bloom even in ruins. In the moment of ruin when everything is lost, even if you’re precariously hanging on, the day will come when flowers bloom and you can smile again. Just like this beautiful temple that stood firm amidst all kinds of ordeals. Of course, it’d be better if there were no ordeals.

Edition #10- Long-standing House, Long-standing Relationship

The more time passes by, the more radiant an old manor becomes. Relationships are like that, too. The longer the relationship, the stronger it becomes. You can tend to each other’s wounds even. I hope our friendship will last for a long time. Just like this old manor that becomes more splendid as time goes by.

Edition #11- A Home Reflects its Owner

A home reflects its owner. A person who lays their hope in the future than the present. A person who can’t really be themselves at home. Or a person who has a secret. Today, I was invited to the home of a warm-hearted person. The place is filled with his warmth and I’m happy. I hope he was happy today more than any other day. Because you deserve to be happy on your birthday.

Edition #12 - Home, a Container that Holds Life

Do you know that a home is a container that holds life? My place was literally a mess today. Just like my life. So I left as if I was running away from home. I think it was a wise choice. Spending the day outside, bustling about, I tried to not think about him. And it worked. … Actually, that’s a lie. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t forget him. I want to go home right this minute. Because, at home, I can let the tears I was holding back flow freely.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Thanks @ktcjdrama for the quotes. When I started this show , I never expected the drama to highlight so many life lessons from finances to human relationships. I will miss it when it ends.

6 hours ago, TiBo1518 said:

@Support_Somin_n_SG yea, it needs more advertisements but least the show moved up from 10th spot. I'm happy to see they're at 7th now... hope it'll rise to the top by the ep16!

Same . Drama is underrated but slowly I can see the following for the show increase both domestically and internationally.  And so happy that KJS entered the top 10 for actor's ranking rising 8 places from the previous week.  He is at #10

Spoiler

\

JTBC BTS stills

E7TIK41VgAILyu0?format=jpg&name=900x900

E7TIK42VcAMsfLZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Heart Eyes 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

When I started this show , I never expected the drama to highlight so many life lessons from finances to human relationships. I will miss it when it ends.

Yes, I never expected it to do so too, and in such a light, friendly, non-condescending way too! Sadly, I haven't been able to interest my daughter to watch it despite numerous hard selling :laugh:

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sadly, I haven't been able to interest my daughter to watch it despite numerous hard selling 

Me too.. have been hard selling the drama to my friends and families.. only one buy so far.. 😂😂 They are missing the gem.. but it’s really tough, so many dramas. 

• Heart Eyes 4
9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I never expected it to do so too, and in such a light, friendly, non-condescending way too! Sadly, I haven't been able to interest my daughter to watch it despite numerous hard selling :laugh:

Maybe cause the leads are not so young ...ahahaah...maybe if got idols she might like . Something like Imitation or At A Distance, Spring is Green - she may prefer. Those are more coming of age dramas. 

Agreed @Support_Somin_n_SG...just so many ongoing dramas with more dramatic plots grabbing our attention. 

-------------

Latest BTS 

KJS is so bad ....

This IG account also translated some bits about what KJS mentioned at 3.07 about his take on Ja Sung ( I am paraphrasing abit here)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRz_b6TF5Bs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

KJS :It is Ja Sung's 1st relationship. So he will not prioritise his own feelings whether his feelings will be hurt or not. But I ( he is referring to himself rather than Ja Sung) am very grateful and thankful to have met a woman like Young Won. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

28 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Maybe cause the leads are not so young ...ahahaah...maybe if got idols she might like . Something like Imitation or At A Distance, Spring is Green - she may prefer. Those are more coming of age dramas. 

True. She kept mentioning these two dramas, which I don't watch and not interested at all, haha... I can't remember if she ended up watching or not. Will ask her later. 

8 minutes ago, ssteph said:

I always wait for this post from you. Thanks ^^

I'm just compiling from all the episodes. Maybe later when drama is finished, we can have it all in spoiler on first page somewhere @abs-oluteM? It'll be easier to find. I'll send it all to you in PM. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

I'm just compiling from all the episodes. Maybe later when drama is finished, we can have it all in spoiler on first page somewhere @abs-oluteM? It'll be easier to find. I'll send it all to you in PM. 

I will link it on the 1st page :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh I am looking forward to this scene...OST 7 will be released soon

image_readtop_2021_728024_16274435274732

Naver article with regards to Dragon JS and our sweet YW's MBTI personality

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021072707114

While anticipation for the reunion of the leads is growing, the MBTI personality type test result is also revealed, drawing attention. If so, what is the relationship between the two? The passive and error-filled tendencies of the 'passionate mediator-INFP' to the 'bold leader-ENTJ' can sometimes feel frustrating. However, since it is also the 'ENTJ' that guides the life of an 'INFP', they are also soul mates. In the beginning of the drama, Young-Won, who was just a pathetic 'Na Bang Won' who  met Ja-seong, started studying real estate and started dreaming of 'owning a house'. .First, Young Won is a 'passionate mediator-INFP' type. Just looking at the description of 'a kind-hearted altruist who takes the lead in building a healthy and bright society', the king of affirmation is Young Won  herself. Ja Sung is 'Bold Leader-ENTJ'. 'A bold yet imaginative, strong-willed leader who seeks various ways or creates new ways when it is not possible', that is, a heavenly leader who does his job well and is full of self-confidence. It is similar to Ja Sung, which does not care what other people say.

But it's not just Young Won that has changed. Just as 'INFP' recognized the tender and warm inner feelings of 'ENTJ', Young Won also recognized the human side of the Ja Sung who seemed cold at first. Ja-seong, who had been living in an empty house with nothing, met Young-won who put furniture in his house for the first time, and spent a weekend together. In this way, Young Won and Ja Sung, which caused positive changes by exchanging 'good influences' with each other, are a natural match in MBTI.

The production team said, "The MBTI of each character was not revealed through the broadcast, but it was set from the planning stage. The actors also found the MBTI for their respective roles interesting and took the character.” He said, “If you look at the MBTI in ‘Monthly House’ with only four episodes left, what kind of ending will the romance between Young Won and Ja Sung be like? Please look forward to seeing if we will go further.”

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Oppa is aging. He's turned 40 this year...hhahaahah he can feel the pain

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481165wpp/watch-kim-ji-suk-gives-relationship-advice-and-talks-about-how-to-get-over-breakups-while-filming-monthly-magazine-home

After filming a scene of him furiously moving the office furniture around, Kim Ji Suk states, “Let’s call a company. I’m so tired. It’s really heavy.” Reflecting on his character’s breakup, Kim Ji Suk explains, “You have to accept the situation to recover. If you’re like this, the backlash will be worse. Speaking from experience, if you try to do something else in order to forget, there’ll be a blow at some point. If that happens, you’ll fall with a crash. That’s why you have to quickly accept it. Ja Sung (Kim Ji Suk) right now is….”

He continues, “Everything in a relationship isn’t easy, especially since it’s the first time for him. He’s a child who has just started to love. That’s why for a man like Ja Sung, the person he meets is really important. Depending on the who he meets, Ja Sung could mature or get hurt. A woman like Young Won (Jung So Min) is such a blessing.”

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ep 13 Recaps Part 1/3

Spoiler

-YW back home after the trip , still in a mess - house and emotions. Ja Sung is no better - not even excited when driver tells him they sealed a deal for some big investment.

- Chief finds Mi Ra sleeping in the office - so she's been busted for staying there. But anyhow the rest of the staff decided not to tell CEO , but Chief asked her to find a place to live soon. JS comes in with his fiery dragon voice asking everyone to work as he is not paying them to chat. Errrr....

- YW comforts MR - rent in Seoul is expensive, commutes are long. MR says she had wanted to cut down commute time as she wanted to spend more time at work and be a good editor like YW

- Nam thinking back about his moments with Ui Joo and realises his heart is beating fast!

He keeps denying his growing feelings but each time Ui Joo pinch him to ask him to focus at the staff meeting , his heart beats hard. LMAO!

- YW returns to her messy apartment and feels ashamed esp when she thinks of how MR looks up to her. YW decides not to dwell in sadness , and cleans up her place. She goes back to focussing on her work, saving up etc. Time passes. She writes on the forum that she wants a fresh start.

- JS seems to be the one having a hard time - he is the one that stares from afar and feels sad reading what she says on the forum.

- JS seems to change - he's even approving an article that YW proposed that won't bring in $$ but he defends it as maintaining the magazine's image ( so that they won't seem like a tabloid. LOL! Whatever Ja Sung! )

- YW goes to his room - gives him some material. Then realising how cold he was acting she told him that she he need not be like this. He can treat her anyway he likes (be comfortable) as she no longer has lingering feelings for him.:nervous:

- That hit JW real hard . He goes back home -as he removes his watch , he sees the keychain she made for him. 

- Chan shows YW where he stays for their new article- a rooftop house and they both says dramas give the illusion that it is so nice to stay in such - but in reality it sucks. YW gives tips on how to make it better ( living in an expensive city with a small salary is hard)

- JS and Chief go for some work stuff...JS not too focused on what Chief is saying. Last minute their client cancelled, and JS told Chief they should go get some fresh air.

- YW visits the other staff's house Ji Won who lives in a semi basement - more on the hardships of living in such and some tips to make things better.

-JS now asking Chief why he works so hard. Chief says for his family. JS wonders aloud why he works so hard when he has no one to feed or share it with. Chief tells him to learn to enjoy his hard work  . JS takes Chief for a very expensive lunch - JS does not enjoy it but tells Chief to continue enjoying it. 

- Ui Joo brings a box of new clothes to the office - hahahah all the jackets she takes out looks the same but she swears they are all different shades etc. She really is a big spender. Nam in his heart was wondering why he would fall for someone like that. When UJ calls Nam, Nam ran off . LOL\

- Wahahahahah...JS takes Chief shopping ...but JS finds no joy in buying stuff for himself...so cute JS offers to Chief to buy him some expensive clothes. Chief so shocked at JS being this generous. LOL he even takes Chief to Jeju just to take a first class flight. JS feels happy to treat Chief...

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Eps 13 Recaps Part 2/3

Spoiler

- SG sees YW hard at work in the office. He takes her out for a good dinner. YW thanks him for taking good of her and was so sweet to comfort her with regards to JS. 

SG says he wasn't comforting her but he likes her. OOO he confessed his feelings. He says no pressure , not asking for her answer - will wait till her wounds are healed. She was taken aback , so did  not say anything.

- Chief goes back home - as usual wife is asking him to not make so much noise. Chief realises that one of that JS has invited in this construction company that was supposed to redevelop his place. He thought now that JS was bribing when he was being so nice to him.

- YW confused about SG's confession. JS still having sleepless night.

-JS comes into work and gets a rude/ cold treatment from Chief who thought that JS was insincere with treating him well before this. Surprisingly JS just lets it all slide. Wahhh Chief even asked  JS to take him to hot spring . Chief finally tells JS that he thinks JS was trying to bribe him. Finally JS tells him that he actually had withdrawn from investing in that company when he found out that Chief was staying there. JS was quite upset with Chief for doubting his sincerity.

- UJ busy setting Nam up with all sorts of blind date prospects but he keeps giving excuses that they are all not his style. UJ wanted to help him have a fresh start. Nam still trying to deny his growing feelings for UJ.

- YW gives some documents to help MiRa apply for help with renting a place. Mi Ra told YW she has already applied - JS actually helped her and gave her all the relevant documents and advice. JS had actually known she stayed in the office.

- UJ keeps bugging Nam to go on blind date. Nam finally agreed - he didn't want to have feelings for UJ grow.

- SG is very cold to JS even when he sees him face to face.

- Chan asked him why - SG tells Chan that he is angry that JS dumped and hurt YW. Chan was shocked ( hey Chan , let's not forget how you said some things that was not yours to say)

- UJ advise YW to also have fresh start and see someone new - get over that bad man Ja Sung. But YW started tearing up because she says she wish JS was a bad guy - would have been easier for her to get over him but she knows he is a good guy. 

- SG overhears YW crying on UJ's shoulders

- Nam did go for the blind date but it didn't turn out to well. The blind date asked him if he likes UJ as he keeps bringing her up :lmao2:. Of course he denied . But blind date left him. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Eps 13 Recaps Part 3/3

Spoiler

- YW working late - SG offers to take her home but she says she has something to say. He was like he'd rather not hear ( he fears being rejected) . He says sometime people's mind may change over time.

- Next day JS finds out that YW had taken leave to go back to her hometown. He kept wondering if something bad has happened.

- UJ scolds Nam for screwing up the blind date, as it took her so much effort to set him up. Then he finds out from Mi Ra that the reason why UJ was so nosy was because she was worried about Nam. Nam's ex GF had just got married. Nam realises he really does like UJ

- Chief asked SG why JS has been so out of sorts and feeling so sad lately. Chan who was next to SG, feeling guilty now that he had told JS about SG liking YW. Finally Chan tells SG later that JS may be suffering because he broke up with YW. And it was not that he wanted to but that he found out about SG liking YW....:pandablank:

- YW eating with her mum. She feels happier eating her mum's food each time things are hard. Actually she came home because it was the day her dad left , so she always comes back to make sure mum was ok. Mum told her not to do that. They need to move on and forget about dad who had abandoned them. But actually mum still kept their family photo in the drawer.

- Chief comes in and asked JS to go for a drink seeing he is down.

- UJ and Nam eat BBQ together. I am liking their development. ahahahah some hot oil splash on his face...she came close to him to wipe it...his heart started beating fast. Then he said you are bad for my heart ! LMAO...he was gonna fess up but then a call came for her to pick something up from the office and she ran off. But she left her phone and he saw a message from Rich Guy who told her he will buy the house she wants.

- JW and Chief talk over drinks. Chief tells him $$ isn't everything - it is to love and be loved in return.

JS thinks back of his sweet moments with YW. 

- SG thinks of what Chan had told JS . SG tried calling JS. Chief picks up. JS was completely drunk and fell asleep. SG came to see them. 

- YW writes her article of how young people live with much difficulty these days because they want some hope for tomorrow. 

- JS woke up from his bed. Chief & SG had brought him home. When he went to the living room , SG was sitting there and SG tells JS that he should go get YW as he knows that JS broke up and hurt YW for him. He says he knows that JS is in agony. 

- Flashback - JS in his drunken state thanks Chief for drinking with him . He knows that love etc is the real reason people find joy. But he does not think someone like him deserves that happiness. 

- SG tells him that actually YW still likes him and has not gotten over him. He tells JS that he needs to go get her back and not make him ( SG ) seem so pityful.

-SG later looks through his photos and actually he realised he had captured many photos of JS staring lovingly at YW.

- JS goes look for YW at her mum's . He apologises . He knows he is shameless and that he realises that he cannot live without her. But she turned him down - she says she doesn't need him.

Preview

YW continues to reject him . SG tried to explain to her that JS broke off with her cause of him. But YW says she won't take back anyone who decides to let go off her for whatever reason. Lee Yi Kyung cameo who sets JS up for a blind date. JS didn't want to but LYK who is his new free lance editor said even YW says the girl will fit JS. JS asked YW if that is really what she wants. He goes on the date it seems. There's development for UJ and Nam too.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The ending... I have such mixed feelings. I want them to get back together pronto, but when he just came with an apology like that, I was like, what? just like that? no way! so when she said "no I don't need you", I was like, yes! take that! in your face! but then when I saw his sad face, I was like no... don't cry daepyonim..... :laugh: My roller coaster ride for the day. 

And o yay... Lee Yi Kyung cameo next episode!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The ending... I have such mixed feelings. I want them to get back together pronto, but when he just came with an apology like that, I was like, what? just like that? no way! so when she said "no I don't need you", I was like, yes! take that! in your face! but then when I saw his sad face, I was like no... don't cry daepyonim..... :laugh: My roller coaster ride for the day. 

I agree...not sincere enough ...he needs to get down on his knees and grovel a bit.  ahahahah I am so cruel. :pandaevil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Exactly same feelings for me, 

When he came back I was  "keep dreaming Jasung 😒😏"

Then when she rejected him, I was " Yeaah that's my girl 😎"

And when I saw his sadness, I was "noooo please depyonim don't be sad she will come back to you 😭😭

But for me he has to do much more efforts sorry 😏

I loved episode 13 again, so much feelings as always.

Jasung was so touching, I really liked to discover this side of him.

I'm in love with Na Youngwon, her way to deal her life, to be strong despite of the failures, to take care of herself but also of others when she's sad. Still remember to visit her mom for the memory of her dad... Such a good friend, daughter and a lovely soul. 

Usually in kdramas, mostly in romcom, you always have a moment when nothing happens, you're just waiting for something to happen, something new... But here the more we have the more I want.  

This drama it's like a good book for me, I just want to read and read but while I'm reaching the end of the book, not much pages left, already feeling the sadness before the end because you're so attached to the characters. 

I can feel that I'm close to them 😭 so much life lessons... 

I'm so happy that the ratings of the drama are increasing, I wish them the best for the finale episode. This drama is a gem 🥳

I convinced 3 of my friends to watch it and they love it 🥰😁

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

[Ep 13]

At this stage of the show, I'm happy that they're still able to provide a full experience similar to their earlier episodes. This episode is very sombre - there's multiple one-on-one serious talks and reminiscing accompanied by sad music. However, they are still able to fit in some comical scenes and even life/home tips that we've come to love the show for.

I particularly liked how they addressed the rooftop unit. I mentioned here before the show started that I was curious why probably 4/5 kdramas I've watched, there was at least one character that lives in a rooftop unit. I felt like it is used with great success in shows because they can provide good opportunity for setting up scenes - dramatic views, very effective for nice bokeh shots. In the show however, they point out that rooftop units aren't all that desirable. They probably aren't insulated, you have to climb multiple sets of stairs, and (one thing that I didn't consider before) you have to deal with flooding issues. This is probably why a lot of characters that aren't exactly well-off, end up living in rooftop units. 

This guy deserves a good smack in the face. Such a clueless side character that caused all this misunderstanding... Also, it's the first time I noticed that Chang calls Ja-sung 'hyung-nim', which makes me question what his actual role in the company is. I thought he was an actual employee-employee. Or am I misunderstanding the proper use of hyung-nim and who gets to use it?

giphy.gif

Speaking of, the three juniors in the company have somewhat similar living conditions. I've always wondered what the best reason is to get a place of your own so early, aside from independence. It's expensive, impractical, and probably can get lonely. I imagine these three to live together. Maybe then can be the first tenants of Ja-sung's recently acquired sharehouse?

giphy.gif

As per Ja-sung and Young-won, I agree with the others that they don't deserve to get back together yet. Good move for Young-won - who probably hasn't moved on yet, but still did what she did. As much as I want them to just get back together again, I know they still need some more time apart before things become better. 

Edit: just want to add. I always laugh when there's a mandatory cleaning scene in a kdrama just to show a Dyson in action. I'm actually quite amazed with the one Young-won used in this episode. It looks so high-tech! The light probably reveals dust and debris? 😂

(semi) Short BTIMFL x MMH comparison of this phase of the story below:

Spoiler

I know I'm supposed to watch this independently but I can't help but compare it with BTIMFL. The things the MMH characters are going through right now come a bit earlier (2 episodes) than the similar phase in BTIMFL. The crucial moment in BTIMFL was when Ji-ho has decided to leave Se-hee. Se-hee, who has never really opened up to Ji-ho about his feelings, tried and failed to confess his real feelings for her. He decided to keep things for himself once again and let Ji-ho go. Even if I wanted Se-hee to open up, I kinda knew that even if he did, it won't really change a thing at that moment and Ji-ho would still leave. On the other hand, Ja-sung was able to confess his feelings and desire to get back together but Young-won still didn't take him back. 

The two main leads handled the situation in contrasting ways yet neither got their happy ending at this point. To me, I felt that the MMH writer, by making this particular parallel scene, tells us that some things need to happen with time. They need to happen organically and at the right circumstance. Our words hold a lot of weight but it won't always be the cure-all we think it will be. 

Speaking of parallel scenes, I'll probably end up making a write up about them in appreciation after the show. 😂😂 My respect for the prod team has gone through the roof because of this.

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

This is probably why a lot of characters that aren't exactly well-off, end up living in rooftop units. 

Rooftop units are much cheaper, and usually just an add-on building, some are illegally built. I love that the drama gave some tips on how to make life more bearable living in rooftop units. It's the same for semi-basement unit. The show cleverly presented the tips from Young Won with the contrast of one clueless tenant (Chan) with a smart tenant (Joo Hee). 

1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

Also, it's the first time I noticed that Chang calls Ja-sung 'hyung-nim', which makes me question what his actual role in the company is. I thought he was an actual employee-employee.

I think he is the partner of Gyeom, and from my understanding, they're both not exactly the employees of Ja Sung's magazine, only like an outsourced company? and since they've known each other from long ago, that might be why the addressing is not formal? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif