Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

ummm we will get Nflix & chill in this couple version. LOL what makes me laugh is.. It is EUIJOO that cut the mood, again :laugh:I can hear Jasung desperation when there is Eujio calls on Youngwon phone 

EDIT: want to bet on Haven points? For 10 points only, I guess Youngwon said something sleepy and just fell asleep not so later:JuiceGhost:

• Haha 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, bairama said:

EDIT: want to bet on Haven points? For 10 points only, I guess Youngwon said something sleepy and just fell asleep not so later

If they're taking scenes from BTIMFL, then there's a good chance of this. In BTIMFL, Somin fell asleep during their first night together. Maybe here the opposite could happen with Ja-Sung as the one who falls asleep? 😄

Or maybe they'll reverse troll us and it happens for real. 😱😱

• Haha 6
3 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Or maybe they'll reverse troll us and it happens for real. 😱😱

I can't imagine what the next line if it happens for real..

.. "Jasung, you know, right, how to use the 'gift'?" :Mimed:

I will be totally shocked if they reverse troll us :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

okay has translations...I am laughing my head off cause Eui Joo gave Ja Sung a condom and that set off his imagination :Sin:. This BTS will be fun to watch! 

O gosh, I was laughing so hard too... and could already imagine it must be hard for them to film that scene being serious and comical. They must be laughing their heads off too. Too bad they won’t get to see the edit with that _ _ _ _ _ _ music though until much later...

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@SilverMoonTea for all our wrong shipping. PHS finally "marries" HSJ :lmao2: @ktcjdrama will remember we used to ship PHS with Lee Sang Yeob too during Love Affairs in The Afternoon phase.

ahaahah before dragon Ja Sung goes all 50 shades , there will some innocent cake cutting :smile:

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021072178744

BF.26999061.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

SPOILER RECAPS
Eps 11 recaps for those who can’t access the subs yet 

Part 1/3

Spoiler

-post kiss , both stlll pretty shy . He walks her back to her room .JS can’t believe they kissed. YW thinks back & thinks it’s hot . 
- SG & JS both having a drink . SG mentions he wants to confess to the girl he likes . JS encouraging him.  SG surprised at how happy JS seems

- Time to go back to Seoul, SG ask YW to ride with him but UiJoo so quick thinking ask YW to follow JS since they have work to discuss ! :lmao2:UJ deserves a raise ! 

- The rest pity YW thinking she’s going into lion’s den.

- YW asked JS if he had plans . He said yes - a date with his girlfriend, lol

- Since UJ bought them wine , they decided to have a home date . 
- haha potential bed scene ….

- As per preview we have UJ calling them & YW giving him the box that UJ gave , 

- Wow . Someone’s imagination ran wild ! Yes, he was close to drooling on the sofa

YW touches his arm while they were seated & says it’s late & it’s time to go back . lmao

- SG tells his assistant that this weekend he will confess.
- Nam still feeling rather depressed as he arrived at work.  

- JS tells Chief Editor to bring forward a meeting meant for the next day to the present day . Haha I bet he is planning to free it up to date YW cause it’s his birthday.

- The rest scramble to finish work and cursing JS for making them do last minute. They don’t even want to celebrate his bday though YW suggested they should at least wish him . Lol

- UJ tells YW she’s blinded by love since she feels bad that others badmouth JS 

- Later UJ tells JS off in the capacity as YW’s friend , that it is not fair for him to pull such a stunt on the staff 

- SG & YW working . YW asked if he ever celebrated JS’s bday for him - YW says he wanted to every year but , JS always had to work.  This year JS told him that he had dinner plans . SG says he’d be happy if JS was dating but thinks JS most likely is working .

-SG tells his past of how his father broke his camera as a teen , dad didn’t want him to be a photographer. JS who was his tutor then , saw it & replaced the camera for him. JS though is stingy & worked hard to save $$ , knew photography was SG’s dream . So he wanted to support him.  

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 11 recaps - part 2/3 

Spoiler

- JS did feel bad that his staff had to work so hard . UJ’s talk hit him & he told the staff he will buy lunch & that he’ll change his meeting instead. lol!

- JS , Chief , UJ & Nam went for lunch .  JS is killing me . He’s suddenly so thoughtful & generous. Serving his staff. He even try to encourage UJ & Nam about their relationships but says the wrong thing. And for the 1st time sees Chief strange way of walking 

-SG , the other guy , YW go to this celebrity couple's pent house to do photo shoot . 
- Park Ha Sun & Ha Seok Jin cameo as this overly in love pair.  ( diabetes inducing type of PDA shown! :laugh:

- SG’s assistant even encouraged SG to quickly confess so that he can be like this loved up pair 

- YW interview them . My god it’s too goosebumps sweet that I won’t type it out here . But YW almost revealed she was dating someone in the process 

- YW goes back to the office & she told the Chief she wasn’t comfortable running the story of the couple as she felt something was not right ( felt too fake if you ask me ) but Chief insisted as they had dateline to meet. 

- Chief brainstorming with the rest about what to feature next.

- JS looking at depressed Nam & realise he’s not been paying attention to people enough. 

- SG tells JS he wants to buy a place now & ask for his help . JS teases him that it must be for a girl.

- Nam who had registered on a dating app to do a cover story  , had no luck . Only getting spams.  Made him more depressed 

- YW can’t bring herself to send in the article as she felt it may bring them problems 

- True enough, online news surfaced with PHS being abusive to HSJ. She pulls his hair etc on CCTV in the car park 

- YW from her observations realise he doesn’t stay there as he does not seem to know his way around things etc. The whole thing was a farce .

-The other photographer at first thought Mira fell for him but actually Mira fell for SG . lol! 
- UJ so nice , take Nam out for dinner & try to encourage him seeing how down he was . He was like I don’t need your pity but later he was happy to hear her comforting words 

- JS drives YW home . Praises her for her sharp observations of the fake couple . He felt bad he was so poor at observing people . Then she says a home reflects a person’s heart 

- SG text YW about meeting in convenience store . But she did not text back 

- SG & buddy go down instead to the convenience store to buy stuff 

- JS drops YW off and SG sees JS & YW hug . Oh no . Poor boy . His friend saw too . Both shocked 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Eps 11 recaps Part 3/3 

Spoiler

- Nam super drunk as UJ goes get him some water . Nam asked UJ why she’s being so nice . Does she like him? Haha. He thinks she is using him for her vendetta against her ex. She smacked him . She was just genuinely wanting to be nice 

- Oh the editors all so sweet - give JS a birthday cake etc . But he kind of pushed them off rudely when they ask if he wanted lunch.  They curse him again. :lmao2:
- But JS actually did the sweetest thing . He started sending the staff all sorts of useful gift cards to get the things they want.  He apologised to Chief in a message that he actually had a lunch date . YW so pleased to see JS change so much 

- UJ says that JS must really like YW seems he’s making so much effort 

- JS’s lunch date is actually with SG, JS asked SG to bring the girl he likes to his place tonight. SG says he has decided not to since he wants more time for his hobbies.  ( Poor fella !) SG just pretend he doesn’t like the girl anymore 

-SG is such a sweet kid . I feel so bad for him.  He’s really going to give it up because he says 1st time he sees JS so happy 

- YW text JS that she’s going to be late as she had things to do 

- Actually it was to surprise him at home . She decorated the place & even made a cute video for him. Came out with cake & ask him to blow it ! So sweet & he was so touched 

- Poor SG feeling down as he drinks at the bar . He really had deep feelings for YW

- OTP enjoying the cake , she asked how he knew what to get the staff.  He says it’s thanks to her & promises to continue to be a good BF. She tells him that she’s already proud of him as it is.  

- Door bell rings . Driver says CEO Kim brings a gift for you . JS went down to pick it up. 

-YW reflects about how a house reflects the owner - her sweet monologue about how she feels happy.

- JS going up the lift & gets a call that SG met an accident.  He rushed to the hospital- SG was badly hurt as he crossed the road drunk . JS fins out that SG likes YW too and now he feels so bad & conflicted . ( Gosh,  no noble idiocy of any sort pls .) 

- YW calls JS who was at the hospital wondering what is taking him so long.  He looked at the phone ring & didn’t pick up 

- OMG pls don’t do this noble idiocy trope as he asked for break - up in preview. WTH ??! 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just love how Ja Sung is sincerely trying to change himself to be a better people person. The way he thanked each of the employees separately with a personalised gift. 

The Lee Heart Jeon Heart ~ cringey to the max :laugh: I got goosebumps watching them sweet talk to each other. It was a nice cameo though. A bit too short, if I might say, haha...

Shin Gyeom.... best 2nd male lead I've seen so far I think. I teared up when he told Chan that this is the first time Ja Sung is in love and happy, and he wants to protect that. But gah, he had to get into an accident after drinking, and then Chan had to spill the beans? I know he's a good friend but this guy doesn't think through things very much. Not a wise person. I'm sorry to say that. He's more of a do-now-think-later, although that could be a good thing sometimes... but why share something that will only increase the worries that Ja Sung is already having with Gyeom seriously injured? But yeah, I see noble idiocy on the way @abs-oluteM what's a k-drama without angst of noble idiocy *shrugs*.... It's Ja Sung's first time in a relationship too, he wouldn't have known better that even letting go, will not make all parties happy, in fact, it'll make all parties miserable! Argh! Pleaseeee... only one episode of idiocy please.... Do not extend till next week!! :pandacop:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'm catching up slowly! :CharmanderYay:

Episodes 3-5

- I'm enjoying this series quite a bit - it's warm and fluffy in the romance and aesthetic with the houses, but also relatable in a real life way :hearties: It's probably a bit more of a conventional, older-style romance with tsundere boss CEO, but I guess I haven't watched one of these in awhile so it's fun since the leads have fairly good chemistry as well :MewGiggle:

- The thing I really like about this series is that everyone has a housing problem which is so reflective of real life - they've covered some of the most relatable issues for adults! There's a big fear of being homeless or being a renter all your life (NYW), there's regrets about making the wrong choice and missing a purchase opportunity (Chief Editor), there's desperation with things like housing subscriptions (NSS) and living beyond ones means to ever afford a house you want and being in denial that house prices will drop (UJ)...And most of these things cause pressures and tensions with family - NSS and his cutie pie, Chief Editor and his wife :letalQQ:

- I loved Episode 3 so much - it was such a spoof of Parasite:laugh: I suppose it was in the title though. Everything, from NYW doing the Jessica-chant at the door to memorise real estate knowledge before going into that grand house to getting literally pushed down the basement steps, screamed of a movie spoof and I thought it was all so clever :wow: Especially since this episode looked at a jerky guy living like a leech with an older, wealthier woman. It was about parasites in every sense of the word. Man, NYW's ex boyfriend was a real jerk - it would be terrifying being locked in a wine cellar basement! :pandarage2:

- Also the ending of Episode 3 with that kiss between NYW and YJS under the fairy lights was so pretty  :wow: But then it turned out to be a trick when I watched Episode 4 and he not only didn't kiss her, but started blowing all hot and cold and getting huffy that she thought he liked her! Why did you deceive me like that writers?! :pandarage2: Though I did think it was so embarrassing that she just assumed he liked her so confidentially while drunk. I died a little on the inside on NYW's behalf  :PikaWutS::laugh:

zV6je6o.gif

- Episode 4 - I felt so sorry for NYW when she thought the house was haunted! :lettalKWA: But I'm glad it turned out to be a faked death and not a real one and YJS was not that stingy to actually put her into an apartment where someone had killed themselves! But I knew it would be a misunderstanding since YJS is clearly a big softie on the inside :BulbaOWO:

- Also what's with the Chief Editor always forcing NYW to pay for coffee or meals?! :shocked: I wish NYW would be a bit more assertive, but I thought it was super cute that YJS is always secretly protecting her but also making a 'valid excuse' and justifying why he has just spent the money - For office productivity :laugh: I do have to add though that if NYW didn't want to get dragged into buying other people's coffee, she probably shouldn't accept their offers to buy her coffee either. No such thing as a free lunch (coffee) in this world! :lenny:

- I'm also having mild SLS in this series - Gyeom has such a puppy gaze and is clearly smitten with her! I like that he tries to make her feel less alone while she's saving up - their little convenience store dates are so cute.

aAheQlW.gif

You're right @abs-oluteM about Drama beans analysis not being so good anymore - I somehow read one for this show and disagree with their idea that Gyeom is mean for pretending he was poor:niu: I feel like it wasn't on purpose at all and he didn't know how to tell her because he's not the kind to boost about being rich and who goes around telling people they're rich unless they want to get robbed?! :pandaheadstomp:

- Episode 5 - Poor YJS is such a softie on the inside who really wants to fit in and is hurt by their remarks about him being a bad boss. I laughed so much that he buys that 'Compliments can make Whales Dance book' mainly because it had a cute cover. as for the compliments, they were hilarious because they sounded so much like threats! :laugh: But we all know the only literally dancing whale turns out to be YJS when NYW gives him a compliment :lenny:

dCgz6MB.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

[Ep 11]

I agree with sentiments above! Ja Sung was bound to know sooner or later, but why from Chan? I do sort of understand that it might be the only way for Ja Sung to learn about Shin Gyeom's crush, otherwise Shin Gyeom would just hold it in and never let Ja Sung know. But I wish it didn't come from Chan, or at least Shin was able to explain himself, not you know... unconscious. Well, at this point the show does require some conflict to happen.. so yeah. 😆

I did enjoy the entire episode. I liked that Ja Sung's appreciation gifts for his employees was thought of by himself, and not by Young-won. Young-won was also surprised by what he did and by the things he picked for them. I'm just curious why there's such a big gap between them when they were watching a movie alone at home. Funny how things are still a bit awkward, especially when they see the kissing scene in the movie. In my head I'm thinking "just kiss already! what's stopping you?" 🤣🤣🤣 I guess that'll be a bit too much for us viewers. 

Some random stuff:

In SK, is it standard to present a birthday cake on top of its box? Those are such stable and classy boxes. 😂

Ever since the bazaar episode, I've been a bit wary of Shin. It felt like he was still a bit immature, unstable and vulnerable to things like what happened this episode, but I didn't think they'll actually do something like it. Anyway, here's what I mean from the bazaar:

Spoiler

He's someone able to do a move/ attack like this:

giphy.gif

This look was super cold and scary:

giphy.gif

Then the very next scene he's Mr. Dimples again:

giphy.gif

Has he starred in a thriller drama yet? 

So far, here are the parallel scenes I've found for this episode:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just love how Ja Sung is sincerely trying to change himself to be a better people person. The way he thanked each of the employees separately with a personalised gift. 

Favorite decision on episode 11 ever after help from Euijoo. Such a heartwarming surprise one came from Jasung.

I have hard time to keep up with editor Nam comical rock-bottom mood. Thankful Euijoo knock his head and he got back lol. She climbs to be my fave character here. Humm I wonder about her secrets though.

Gyeom is good also, as he always. Well I feel bad but still he has conscience.. Then why this dragon *shrugggg such a let down from the preview. Usual noble idiocy :zzzz: the bros just need serious talk together.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

While I am annoyed that Chan decided to spill the beans to JS , even though it is not his place to do so , I still have to say that JS is fully responsible for this "noble idiocy". Sure he is protecting SG and I know he feels conflicted  given how close he is to SG and that SG is like a younger brother to him. BUT his decision hurts YW the most. In looking out for SG , he forgot that the most important person in this equation is YW. What about her feelings ? He has removed her agency in this matter. Sure I can reason that this is JS's 1st relationship and he is generally bad with human relationships and is still learning.  I cannot even call this noble idiocy - it can only be noble if it protects the person involved in the relationship. And here no one is happy - I cannot see YW being with SG just because JS pulls back. 

This is one trope that I wish kdramas will stop using but I know from what Stroppyse wrote on another thread it is something that is ingrained in their culture. 

Pre-released

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Sure he is protecting SG and I know he feels conflicted  given how close he is to SG and that SG is like a younger brother to him. BUT his decision hurts YW the most

Agree! This is why I like what Shin Gyeom says when he gets angry at Ja Sung in the preview. Looks like Ja Sung will break up with her without talking to either party... but really, what's the point of breaking up with her if Shin is already ceding? 

However, it does seem that the next episode will still have its fun moments. Even Young Won's crying and wallowing is intended to be a bit comedic. In their outing (?) the three of them are all together having fun, so I'm guessing things get resolved somehow real quick? They'll probably be in an impasse of some sort, and they'll probably be like that till it gets fully resolved next week.... or the week after that... which is already finale week. 😭😭😭😭

Spoiler

😂 I've realized why I haven't used acronyms for their names. It reminds me of something 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 hours ago, JenL said:

Poor YJS is such a softie on the inside who really wants to fit in and is hurt by their remarks about him being a bad boss. I laughed so much that he buys that 'Compliments can make Whales Dance book' mainly because it had a cute cover. as for the compliments, they were hilarious because they sounded so much like threats! :laugh: But we all know the only literally dancing whale turns out to be YJS when NYW gives him a compliment :lenny:

To Ja Sung's credit , he is one of those who live by what he preaches. Like he mentioned that in his Ja Sung vids ( JTBC should release these, it will be a hoot!) , you need to read in order to improve (with regards to real estate) . I see him doing the same here. And in later episodes he is quick to admit his faults and makes it a point to rectify his mistakes. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

However, it does seem that the next episode will still have its fun moments. Even Young Won's crying and wallowing is intended to be a bit comedic. In their outing (?) the three of them are all together having fun, so I'm guessing things get resolved somehow real quick? They'll probably be in an impasse of some sort, and they'll probably be like that till it gets fully resolved next week.... or the week after that... which is already finale week. 😭😭😭😭

I hope so too but with for more episodes , I suppose it would be expected that they may only come back together later. 

With regards to your spoiler...why ? ahahah

-----------------------

New stills - I feel more annoyed :duckPHAT:

20210722153018_60f9107adaecf_1.jpg

JTBC's MV for OST 5

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I must say I knew it something like this would happen. :jiminbtssigh: It was too quick they are together and are happy. I was just wondering before the near end that everything was too good to be true and what would be thrown at the OTP to give them conflicts or angst. And here we have it, Gyeom.

I must say I am disappointed with the writer for using such a typical, cheap drama trope and introducing noble idiocy. Sigh. I don't think Gyeom's accident was him being reckless or too heartbroken. I do (want to) believe it was pure accident. Nevertheless (lol), it became a plot device for noble idiocy to happen. I am annoyed too. I fully expected Gyeom to move on and find love in that other girl.

Agree! Chan should NOT have told Ja Sung about Gyeom liking Young Won.

@abs-oluteM Did they change the clip? The version I saw is not Sunbae but Kim Rae Won's drama/movie?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Eps 12 recaps

Part 1/3

Spoiler

Hospital - JS looking at an injured SG - SG finally wakes up. SG just says he must have drunk too much.

- YW texting JS finding out what is wrong. JS finally calls YW and tells her SG is in the hospital and will tell her more tomorrow

- JS goes to SG's place to pack some clothes etc for him for his hospital stay & sees the blue bag that he had bought for YW. This makes him feel worse

- Next day, the staff talk about what happened. Mi Ra wondering why he would be drinking alone.

- UJ refuses to talk to Nam anymore and uses the staff to pass messages to him . LOL

- SG and JS and the hospital. SG seems better and tells JS not to inform his parents.

- YW comes to visit him and JS feels worse seeing SG's facial expression.

- Chief tries to patch things btwn UJ and Nam by bringing them together for a meal - she left when she saw it was him they were meeting.

- LOL - Nam shocked that he got many messages from his phone (must be from the dating app)

- YW trying to make small talk with SG telling him about more new 1+1 stuff available now. SG says he can't do that now as he is going to get busier. JS can only look at them and feel bad about all this. SG even ask her to take JS to to eat as he hasn't eaten the whole day.

-JS and YW walk out of the hospital room to get dinner, JS forgot his coat. When back to get it and saw how sad SG really feels.

-Dinner with YW - I am so angry typing this - he ask to break up saying how dating doesn't suit him. He says a bunch of stuff he does mean...( JS you idiot!) ...and left ...poor YW.

- He went to his car and received a call from YW ...he was sad too but decided not to pick up the phone. Poor YW sitting there alone and starts drinking soju. 

- She wakes up the next day with a headache ...oh she was in JS's room ! LOL....

- ahahahah she remembers how she went to his house and was hitting his door with her head ...he let her and in a drunken state she was telling him off , laughing and crying all at the same time ...( as sad as it was , it was pretty funny !) 

- She came out of the room and didn't seem like JS was there , she quickly let herself out. JS left a note at the door saying he will forget about what she did last night and told her not to do it again. 

- Nam doing some crazy dance in the office....he is happy that the apartment he bought has gone up in price. UJ still refuses to speak to him . These two are like kids in their bickering.

- UJ finds YW crying in the office library. Poor girl tells UJ what happened. UJ says his excuse is rubbish. Tells YW to forget him. Tells her not to be clingy etc. LOL...YW says she cried and threw tantrum. UJ comfort her and take her for lunch.

- The ladies bump into JS and SG - damn that was awkward as they all had to pretend to have lunch. JS ate well & UJ took this opportunity to throw some shade on him ...ahahaha UJ is the best! JS pretending hard that he was ok but of course we know he isn't . 

-YW not feeling well at all. JS continues to put on a cold face when she goes to his office for work related matters. She apologise for the drunk behaviour...he was just super ass cold. (YW make sure you torture him later ! :duckPHAT:)

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 3