Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

39 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

@Sominah the song is so nice, I like the official video too. I've been putting up together another mash-up ever since the song came out, and my heart's been sinking and sinking watching Young-won and Ji-ho's lowest moments (so far).

Their journey so heartbreaking. I can't believe that we'll already reach the halfway point this week. Gah. Glass half-full, half-empty feelings. 🙂🙃

Loved this song... They made all 3 songs beautiful, somehow this song gave me that marriage song from BTIMFL vibe not that both similar but somehow both are very different from other regular songs... ❤️❤️❤️

Don't talk about it's been halfway my heart is already sinking that it's going to over soon😭😭😭 as waited so long for Somin's drama...but yes what a journey until now not saying because of Somin but this Monthly Magazine Home really is a good deal...m Enjoying it as an audience not only as Somin's admirer... everyone entire cast and crew have done so good that this Monthly House has been my one of my top favorites💜💜💜💜💜💜 I really can associate with that half full and half empty feelings🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Text preview episode 7 - rough trans

나기자랑 대표님 머리에서 같은 샴푸 냄새가 나서요~
영원과 자성 한 침대에서 눈 뜨다? 지난밤 그들의 사연은? 월간 집 식구들에게 한 집에 사는 것을 비밀로 하기로 한 영원과 자성. 하지만 자성의 오버액션에 들킬 위기에 놓이는데..! 한편, 월간 집 식구들이 준비한 바자회! 그곳에서 벌어진 뜻밖의 사건은?

Editor Na and CEO's hair smell the same shampoo.
Young Won & CEO wake up in a bed? What's their story last night? They keep it secret, but they are on the verge of being caught because of Ja Sung's over action. Meanwhile, the magazine team prepare bazaar! What is the unexpected event that happened there?

•••

Ready to laugh for funny moments in this episode 😅 Always laugh since episode 1.

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Spoilers for tonight....ahahah we weren't trolled....looks like he nursed her & fell asleep

CEO-nim overreacting!

She had to go back to her hometown. & Mr 1 + 1 took her to the station...but her reaction after that made me laugh. Poor boy

Spoiler

True that...the fate of every 2nd ML

Spoiler

Home with mum

Spoiler

CEO -nim still being a prick at times

Spoiler

But today was his mum's death anniversary and it was a very tragic time...what he needed most was a hug

• Heart Eyes 5

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I am only a quarter way into the episode and was laughing so much already 😂

The hijinks arose from keeping the secret of them staying together are just too hilarious... :laugh:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am only a quarter way into the episode and was laughing so much already 😂

Me too. After such a long day at work, I really look forward to this show. 

---------------------

Our Dragon CEO nim really cracked me up no end with his overreacting. At this rate, the whole world will know that they are living together . LOL! It gets clearer with each episode that he has begun looking forward to having Young Won in his life. His mouth says one thing but his heart & his smiles say something else , even his driver noticed. But I think the one thing that was significant this episode was that Young Won is beginning to have feelings too - maybe nothing quite romantic but she was aware of and was touched by all his kind gestures (sponging her while she was ill, worrying about her safety. He won't admit it of course ...ahahaah not his style after all. ) She put a lot of thought in the plant gift and she was really looking forward to cooking for him.  I cannot wait for next episode when she is finally going to help make his place more of a home. I bet you he is never going to sell his place after that. 

His obsession with money, his empty house and his unwillingness to commit to building a home or even to a person, are rooted in the unfortunate way his parents died. It sucks to be poor. Money is not everything , but in this pandemic world we live in the lack of funds clearly magnifies the difference between the have and have nots. His advice at the counselling booth was not what you would want to hear , but sadly when I see all the hard times many are going through in my country, he was right after all. Feelings are indeed a luxury.  Nevertheless , I don't recommend being as extreme as CEO-nim either. Clearly , he leads a lonely & empty life. Some middle ground is needed , and in his case he could do with some warmth and love that someone like Young Won could offer. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Me too. After such a long day at work, I really look forward to this show. 

---------------------

Our Dragon CEO nim really cracked me up no end with his overreacting. At this rate, the whole world will know that they are living together . LOL! It gets clearer with each episode that he has begun looking forward to having Young Won in his life. His mouth says one thing but his heart & his smiles say something else , even his driver noticed. But I think the one thing that was significant this episode was that Young Won is beginning to have feelings too - maybe nothing quite romantic but she was aware of and was touched by all his kind gestures (sponging her while she was ill, worrying about her safety. He won't admit it of course ...ahahaah not his style after all. ) She put a lot of thought in the plant gift and she was really looking forward to cooking for him.  I cannot wait for next episode when she is finally going to help make his place more of a home. I bet you he is never going to sell his place after that. 

His obsession with money, his empty house and his unwillingness to commit to building a home or even to a person, are rooted in the unfortunate way his parents died. It sucks to be poor. Money is not everything , but in this pandemic world we live in the lack of funds clearly magnifies the difference between the have and have nots. His advice at the counselling booth was not what you would want to hear , but sadly when I see all the hard times many are going through in my country, he was right after all. Feelings are indeed a luxury.  Nevertheless , I don't recommend being as extreme as CEO-nim either. Clearly , he leads a lonely & empty life. Some middle ground is needed , and in his case he could do with some warmth and love that someone like Young Won could offer. 

Beautiful 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

[Ep 7] 

Aahh. Things are heating up! 🥰

I'm glad they didn't troll us with the bed scene, and I didn't expect the reason too. It happened for real and there's evidence of his kindness! Young-won has always been grateful for the things that Ja-sung has done for her, especially those things that help her with her living sitatuation and finances - things that Ja-sung is able to do because of his status. She always tries to find a way to repay him for those things. 

What she's slowly realizing is that his small acts of kindness and him being 'human' also resonate with her. She is grateful for the things Ja-sung is able to provide as boss and CEO, but she is touched by the things Ja-sung does as a person. The cherry blossom sushi scene was memorable to her. It made her smile when she remembered it because of the hair band she saw on the bus. Now there are more and more things that make her smile subconsiously. 😊 

YoungForever and Dragon's relationship going the next level too! Hitting up them DM's. 😉 "I'm always rooting for you" such a sweet Dragon.

The last few minutes of this episode was so nice!

Other stuff:

The love triangle in this show is really funny. The people I usually watch with usually are on the same 'team' as me in terms of love triangles, but here it's different. 😂 I'm team Ja-sung while others are really irritated by him and like Shin more. Now I'm starting to get irritated with Shin too 😆 I'm sort of glad Young-won said "too much kindness is making me want to cuss" cause that's what I felt during the bus station scene. 😅 

On the previews, I'm surprised the bag from the auction ends up with Young-won. The letter that supposedly comes with the bag says "I will always support you", a line similar to what Dragon uses, but it seems it isn't from him because he's jealous. Could it be a secret admirer?

Here's the guy that won the auction 🤔

MH-Auction.png

Can't wait for episode 8!

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

His obsession with money, his empty house and his unwillingness to commit to building a home or even to a person, are rooted in the unfortunate way his parents died.

What caused the parents died? Was it a car accident? I didn’t get the clear reason, since both parents died, but Ja-sung survived though he was in the same car. 

6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Here's the guy that won the auction 🤔

Yeah.. who’s this guy? Really curious, since the bag end up for Young-won… another secret admirer that will bug Ja-sung… 😂😂

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 minutes ago, Support_Somin_n_SG said:

What caused the parents died? Was it a car accident? I didn’t get the clear reason, since both parents died, but Ja-sung survived though he was in the same car. 

A truck carrying water rammed into the van which was their makeshift home. His parents died though he managed to survive.

@Warm Paws always love the parallel scenes you show us. Very curious too who this new rich guy is. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

@abs-oluteM it's so much fun looking out for them. I'm glad they've been consistent so far, with at least 1 per episode (that I can find at least). I wonder if they or someone will release someday a complete list. I'm sure I've missed a couple already.

@Support_Somin_n_SG yes, it seems they both died cause of the accident. That flashback holds a lot of weight though. It's shown that Ja-sung and his family were practically living in the streets. It seems he has never experienced having a home, aside from their van. Now that he has enough money to buy his own house, he doesn't really know what to do with it or how to make it a "home". 

Now that the main lead's romance is starting to ramp up, I'm pretty curious. The show has been pushing for Young-won's journey of saving up for her own home, but I wonder how they'll resolve it. Will she earn and save enough money to buy her own house? If Young-won and Ja-sung's relationship come to fruition and they end up together in their own house, then what will that say about Young-won's journey? Hopefully the show won't ultimately end up with a message that you just need to find a rich man to fulfill your dreams. 🤣🤣 Just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

Now that the main lead's romance is starting to ramp up, I'm pretty curious. The show has been pushing for Young-won's journey of saving up for her own home, but I wonder how they'll resolve it. Will she earn and save enough money to buy her own house? If Young-won and Ja-sung's relationship come to fruition and they end up together in their own house, then what will that say about Young-won's journey? Hopefully the show won't ultimately end up with a message that you just need to find a rich man to fulfill your dreams. 🤣🤣 Just a thought. 

I thought about this too! Will Ja Sung just make her still pay her share, maybe? LOL... Come to think of it, Ja Sung never really own a house of his own, does he? He is just living a nomadic life moving from a house-for-sale to another house-for-sale. Maybe those houses under company's name, not under his name...?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Pre released 

Hm, I never thought it could be a dream... I guess people are wary now because of the kiss on the rooftop :laugh:

I think I've seen that house before ~ My Love from Another Star? 

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hm, I never thought it could be a dream... I guess people are wary now because of the kiss on the rooftop :laugh:

I do think it is real. People have trauma after the rooftop kiss and the bedscene with chief editor.

-------------

MAJOR Spoiler. 

Looks like a really good episode with the plot moving

Spoiler

Oh my we finally see who cutie pie is ..but.....:pandawhat:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Kim Ji Suk is really rocking his role as Ja Sung here @abs-oluteM love him so much with his over the top reactions to everything about Na Young Won. LOL at the way he made up the lie about the driver being sick. It’s sad though to know that it’s the first time he tasted a home made food. 

I like the title today Home+Love=Home. 

That is a nice pastel blue bag which I really would want to buy. But I don’t think gifting it anonymously is a good idea for Shin Gyeom. Even if not anonymously, it’s too expensive a bag to be received by someone like Young Won. She will definitely feel burdened by it. Wrong move. 

Love that Young Won is getting back at Ja Sung with his style of treating people. I laughed when she asked for the company car, and when she agreed that next time she should just take a plane. 

But we did get trolled with a dream sequence haha... except for it to be turned around to being real again, yay!! :eeeee:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Kim Ji Suk is really rocking his role as Ja Sung here @abs-oluteM love him so much with his over the top reactions to everything about Na Young Won. LOL at the way he made up the lie about the driver being sick. It’s sad though to know that it’s the first time he tasted a home made food. 

Agreed .He is always good with rom-coms that require a lot of physical comedy.

I felt so bad that this was JS's 1st home cook meal. I loved how he was eating it heartily. All the domestic bliss scenes were precious. For someone has never known what a real home feels like, it felt good to see him live for once - watch a movie , take a nap!  The poor driver too . Cannot believe he has been working 3 years straight with no breaks over the weekend. An in love Ja Sung is not just good for him , it's a blessing for his employees. :eeeee:

I am just so glad that the drama didn't drag the ending . If I had not seen the spoilers before hand , I would have thought that the ending where she was so disappointed thinking he is only pitying her (again) was the cliff hanger for eps 8. His straight-up confession at the end made my day! He has always been in denial about his feelings but I think that short talk with the owner of the seaside home ( gosh, I need a house like this!) knock some sense into him. But eckkkkk...is it too early to be dating ? 16 eps drama ...aiks will there be angst ahead. LOL...Okay I am getting ahead of myself . I am just going to enjoy today and look forward to sweet dating moments next week.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

29 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But eckkkkk...is it too early to be dating ? 16 eps drama ...aiks will there be angst ahead. LOL...Okay I am getting ahead of myself . I am just going to enjoy today and look forward to sweet dating moments next week.

Nah, some couples kissed already by ep.8... we’re only at confession stage. I think we’re good. We will have to experience some secret dating first and the funny overreacting of Ja Sung for keeping the cover, then there’s that mysterious hater problem to solve as well, and the missing tenant of unit 707. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

[Ep 8] SPOILER. Might be a long post cause there's just a lot of development.

😱😱😱 This episode was a little bit too much for me, in a good way of course! There are a lot of things that this drama is doing right for me, especially this particular episode. We all have our expectations and we anticipate some events to happen, be it good or bad. For this episode, I anticipated a lot of things that would go wrong and I'm really really really glad that they decided to go the other way.

The Bag

I like how Young-won immediately though of Dragon as well when she read the letter that came with the bag. I also like how this was resolved, with Young-won still not knowing that it was Shin that got it for her. Like @ktcjdrama said, I feel like this was a wrong move, especially with the absurd overbid that he made for it. Even if she did learn it was from Shin, I don't think she'll accept it. 

Shin and Mira

Well well well, this one I certainly didn't expect. I'll be happy if this develops. 😎 

Sang-Soon

Finally, the psychic instructed him to do something less obtrusive and obnoxious. He also shared it only with Chief Editor Go. And yes, finally! He got the subscription! Things are finally looking up for him. Honestly, the thing with his cutie pie didn't surprise me at all, and I'm not sorry for that. He and Ui-joo now have a proper chance! Who's the cutie pie though? Is it supposed to be a cameo?

Mira and the employees' living situation

With the reveal that Mira is secretly living in the office, it just shows how all of the employees are having problems with their living sitatuation. Really ironic for a magazine firm that promotes and sells houses. Assuming that there will be a good or better ending for everyone's living conditions, I wonder if a transformed Ja-Sung will at least help all of them, one way or another. 

Young-won and Ja-sung

Aahhh. These two! 🥰 First of all, I really like the client's facial expression when he overheared Ja-sung on the phone. So funny. Their bickering during the first half of the episode was also 'pleasant' and funny. With Young-won being down and disappointed already, everything that Ja-sung did just backfired. 

The furniture-shopping was also really nice. I don't understand the lyrics of the song but the "like a dream" part is appropriate. How nice it must be to go all out furniture shopping without even looking at the price tag and getting whichever one you like! I do think that it's not really Young-won's style (even if she says so) but it really fits the space and does fit Ja-Sung's style more. The leather furniture turned out quite nice. 

The hug scene was pretty well executed. 😍 It's a bit cliche and things like this happen all the time in shows (probably almost never in real life!) but I liked this one. It's a full on hug but still a bit goofy, and they dragged it out just the right amount. OR am I just really liking them so I'm biased? 

The breakfast scene is the parallel scene this episode. Same food (I think? At least the rolled omelette) and lots of same shots and similar lines. Very similar yet still had their defining parts. Young-won's legs swinging under the table was a nice touch.

Throughout the episode, there are many moments that Young-won already knows she likes Ja-sung without openly and fully admitting it. She knows why she's sad and disappointed that Ja-sung didn't remember the hug the night before. When she saw and overheard the secretary, she says to herself "what do you mean why?" 

Towards the end when Young-won hears the content of the meeting, I grew really scared because it is somewhat similar to Ji-ho's reaction in BTIMFL and maybe even Somin's other characters (and of course other characters as well). She was overthinking again and was about to bring down (or at least delay) the relationship that just bloomed. After all the positive things that happened in the episode, I was preparing myself for a very sad and disappointing cliffhanger. But! Like @abs-oluteM I'm really glad Ja-sung stepped up and everything went the other way! 

We're only halfway through the series. The next episode seems to have happy parts but for sure there will be more conflict, so I'll be bracing myself. I really appreciate how they concluded episode 8 though! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1