Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

@SilverMoonTea I watched two episodes and I can't helped but be reminded of you guys with your stationary addiction whenever Jung So Min's character gets into the illusion of Kim Ji Seok telling her to save every cent. LOL LOL.

The coffee bit was so true because over here people cannot live without their coffee. That's one of the examples used in the book, Barefoot Investor, too. I suppose for me it's Coca Cola although these days it's not me who buys them xDDDD and I've cut down a lot compared to before.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

I love the drama. It’s light, entertaining and heart warming as well. Hope the rating will improve, though it might be challenging considering the drama is aired at the same time slot as Hosplay 2. But from most of the reviews gave positive feedback. Besides giving rating on iQIYI, maybe we can promote the drama by give ratings or maybe comments on the following website.

https://asianwiki.com/Monthly_House

Current rating: 91 (144 votes)

https://mydramalist.com/59909-monthly-house
Current rating: 8.0 (299 users)

And I found the following IG account, it covers Kdrama locations, including MMH. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQlRABttklW/?utm_medium=copy_link

JTBC posted MMH poster for Home Makeover Idea. Personally, I would love to see a story about home makeover in the upcoming episodes. I think it will be interesting too.

spacer.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQfmgdAHpLr/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

So.... hold up. Just wanna say I've had such a heavy feeling in my chest for a couple of hours while making this. 😆😆😆 Dunno if it's because I sort of rewatched "Came To Me and Became a Star" and it just is really heavy, or it's because I'm really really really freaking out that they did this... I'm genuinely impressed and thankful.

It has audio. I used the song they used in the same scene from Came To Me and Became a Star. It's like they came home from a hard day's work, couldn't sleep, and decided to message each other. WTF. I'm freaking out. 😄😄😄 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@abs-oluteM Your Oppa is such a Drama Queen :laugh:. I finished all 4 episodes now. I can't wait till Yoon Ja Sung finds out he's "bothered" by Na Young Won every movement every breath soon.

Have to say, you know you have watched waaaayyyy too many kdramas when the houses featured in this drama are houses that were used as set in other dramas. The house where Young Won's ex lived was Kim Woo Bin's house in Uncontrollably Fond. The vacation house featured in episode 4 is also very familiar. I think it might be Secretary Kim...

I've to ask if this writer has read Barefoot Investor (or it's common for all saving money books?) because the bit about splitting into 3 separate accounts to control one's spending were exactly what Barefoot Investor suggested too! I hope this would help the viewers in saving their money. ^ ^

The things I like most about this drama so far are:

1. The tips on saving through Ja Sung and Young Won.

2. It's relatable. It's really hard saving up for a house/for retirement/pay the rent.

Things I dislike are:

1. Ja Sung constantly putting down Young Won*. I hope this stops at episode 4 now that the misunderstanding has been cleared as it's getting a bit too much.

2. The colleagues who kept pressuring Young Won to shout them. I almost wanted to punch that guy who forced her to pay him for the red ginseng. LOL. Minions are not obligated to "shout" anyone at work, especially their bosses who earned more than them.

3. Ja Sung is too calculative and stingy as a boss. Based on normal kdrama trope, I'm looking forward to his character development.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle welcome here ☺

I totally agree with your analysis. 

The things you dislike (numb 2 and 3) are quite representative to real matters in SK's society. Very realistic. 

About the number 1, it is also very realistic when men don't know why they feel like this towards a woman. They are often blind 😂 I also hope he will open more to Youngwon. 

@Support_Somin_n_SG yeah really good idea, let's promote MMH wherever we can 💪 fighting

@Warm Paws I love the writer, he was really thoughtful. He did a great job. Hope they will get more attention

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I've to ask if this writer has read Barefoot Investor (or it's common for all saving money books?) because the bit about splitting into 3 separate accounts to control one's spending were exactly what Barefoot Investor suggested too! I hope this would help the viewers in saving their money. ^ ^

Thank you for sharing the book title! I'll check it out. I haven't read that book, but have come across similar advice from different sources. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did use a single direct reference for the show.

I completely agree with your likes and dislikes. 😅 I hope Ja Sung finally changes starting ep 5. I want him to finally see that having houses to "live in" are more important, and to be frank, maybe can make more money too in terms of their magazine articles.

I mentioned earlier during the first week's episodes that their office is somewhere I wouldn't mind working at, but I take it back. 😄😄 I honestly don't mind having a strict boss like Ja Sung, but geez, the combined forces of the two seniors are too much. 

@SsomGem yeah. Hope they get more views. I'm dying just cause of the Easter eggs alone. 😂😂

The comments on the IG does look weird, looks organized to me. 🙃 Oh well, that's the internet I guess....

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

I was really laughing a lot when I watched ep 3 because of all the reference and jokes about parasite. Using the bgm from the parasite film didn't help either. hahahaha

After watching the first 4 episodes, I'm keeping this drama under my current watching list. It gave me a vibe of Because this is My First Live with Her Private Lives in the mixed. Because this if My First Live because it was almost similar, talking about the important of the house and how it gives comfort to the person who is residing in it. Her Private Lives because of the secret interaction from the online community. Ja Sung silently support Young Won from the dark without she knew. She also indirectly asked for his advice when she was in hard position.

Ja Sung is really a tsundere-like man. Rough on the outside but actually quite caring. It's actually sad to see his empty house when he has the fund to choose any furniture he wants. He keeps emphasized to make people buy the house, not a house for people to live. I guess he was really had a difficult life when he was young. In some flashback we saw that his parents died and he really struggled to be success like now. His goal and mind was to make money as much as possible but after meeting Young Won, he slowly started to change. I really want to see what happened to the single mother that Ja Sung met for the epilogue of ep 3. 

I can kind of relate with Young Won. I know for sure that my bedroom is my comfort place where I can just be freely for myself. Having your own space to comfort yourself is really a precious one. I can see that she really cherish her home. It didn't matters that she didn't own it, as long as she is happy for having the space. I guess she was feeling tired for moving around and has to pay the rents with her minimal income. I can't wait to see how she will change Ja Sung's mind and together they will make a great team for promoting the house. 

The production staffs are really amazing and worked hard in finding the beautiful houses. Seriously I can't stop my jaw to drop seeing the gorgeous and beautiful house :wow2: How I wished that I could live in that house (without have to worrying about the utilities bills LOL)

• Clapping Hands 5
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I don't know if Jasung will really change now, it's a bit to early maybe, 16 episodes 😅 but yeah in the last episode, he was definitely touched by Youngwon 🥰

@LaLa Somin said that she also needs a place when she can retire and be alone, even in her car. I can totally relaterelate, it's also primordial for me. I guess that's one of the reason that she felt for the role

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
20 minutes ago, LaLa said:

After watching the first 4 episodes, I'm keeping this drama under my current watching list. It gave me a vibe of Because this is My First Live with Her Private Lives in the mixed. Because this if My First Live because it was almost similar

Take a look at this 😂 They really went for that BTIMFL nostalgia. 

And with the Parasite and World of the Married (which I didn't watch so I didn't catch) references, plus all the references from BTIMFL and Came to Me, I can't help but feel that this show is like one of those shows that work around cultural references and current affairs (like Simpsons, HIMYM) and I love it. And they can pull it off because of how wacky the show is. I won't be surprised if they already have tons more of subtle and not-so-subtle references that I didn't catch. I love it. ♥️ This is really the type of show I need right now. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Your Oppa is such a Drama Queen :laugh:. I finished all 4 episodes now. I can't wait till Yoon Ja Sung finds out he's "bothered" by Na Young Won every movement every breath soon.

Hahaha! Have you seen Top Star Yoo Baek ? He was an “award winning “ actor there & even worse . He was really diva 😂. But yes his role here is typical jerk with the heart of gold - so classic of those old school k-rom coms . Kind of nice to see this once in a while . I wonder if oppa will gjve me some fan service in this show.  He did a lot for TSYB :Ghastlel:

@LaLa it feels like Ja Sung is carrying a lot baggage from his past , and it translates to how he relates to people. Honestly IRL , I would hate a boss like him , much less date him . But in dramas it’s always nice to see that how even the most unlovable character can change & be redeemed . But I agree with @SsomGem that the development may take awhile. Ja Sung has shown his softer side when no one is looking , but he will need to see things beyond dollar & cents , and perhaps have more tact in the way he deals with his employees. 

@Warm Paws I love all your videos!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

20 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

@stroppyse official streaming platform is iQiyi, same as My Roommate is a Gumiho. Currently, ep 1-3 is non-VIP and latest episode, ep 4 and possibly onwards, is VIP (subscription). Someone else please correct me, but as I understand it, ep 1-3 are free but with ads and VIP episodes are unavailable without subscription.

Ahh. iQiyi, I guess I should have known that they would have the rights to stream it. Thanks for the info.

Reading the posts on this thread, it seems like a cute drama.

• Like 5

So I've sort of rewatched Came to Me and Became a Star. Here's more references I've found:

Spoiler

This one is funny. In both shows, Somin is hiding her real place from Ji Seok because it's actually a much worse place than she told him. In Came To Me and Became a Star, she would wait for him to completely be out of sight cause she'll walk to somewhere else. In Monthly House, she actually hurries off. 🤣

At first I thought the kiss was in reference to BTIMFL, but it's actually more of a reference to CTMABAS. 

I kept on giggling when I saw them. 🤣 I am starting to believe that there are no original scenes in this show... they're just messing with us and everything is just a reference to something. 😂 love it. 

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
17 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I completely agree with your likes and dislikes. 😅 I hope Ja Sung finally changes starting ep 5. I want him to finally see that having houses to "live in" are more important, and to be frank, maybe can make more money too in terms of their magazine articles.

True. Ja Sung is not seeing a house as "home". He's seeing it as just a place for him to sleep and this means it can be everywhere. I actually thought he lives in a hotel but seeing how stingy he is, I realised I was super wrong. I think I can see why he's like this due to his past experience of having not experience any warmth of a home. It'll probably take him a while to get into the idea and feel the same thing as Young Won feels for her "home". Young Won will also need to show it to him.

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hahaha! Have you seen Top Star Yoo Baek ? He was an “award winning “ actor there & even worse . He was really diva 😂. But yes his role here is typical jerk with the heart of gold - so classic of those old school k-rom coms . Kind of nice to see this once in a while . I wonder if oppa will gjve me some fan service in this show.  He did a lot for TSYB

It cracks meup that he's all, "Don't be nice to her... she'll take it the wrong way and thinks you like her." And then keeps reminding himself not to get affected by her and then does the opposite :laugh: OMG, LOL. Nahhh I haven't seen Top Star Yoo Baek. Ja Sung reminds me of So Ji Sub's from Master Sun as he was pretty mean to Gong Hyo Jin in the beginning too and both have their own motto. SJS was "Gojo" whereas Ja Sung is "Stop!" LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5