Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

@Warm Paws wow nice from you to have noticed it 😁 the writer made so much nice comparisons. I agree the SL is really cute but too much into her. That's why he's the SL 😂😂

@Sominah I also hope a lot of people will feel comforted and will laugh watchinh MMH. Whatever their generation

Somin is so funny really, I find her even more cute when she makes those funny gestures

Did all of you have watched ep 4? 

S P O I L E R  A L E R T 😁

I loved the "Tom and Jerry" vibes 

tenor.gif

Ja sung has really a good heart, he has to learn little by little about real emotions. He will... through Young won, that's why he's so angry 😂 everything is new for him. But he can't resist to react to her, her words, her attitude. His heart is starting to feel some new feelings (or buried feelings) but his brain has the whole control for now "stop stoooop" 😂

I like the fact that Young won didn't apologize when she pushed him on the chestnuts. Actually she did it but when he came back to pick her up. I can see that despite of her kindness she has her own limits 😎

They also developped a little bit the story of the other woman editor. Despite of her YOLO's attitude, she certainly has also so much worries

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, SsomGem said:

@Warm Paws wow nice from you to have noticed it 😁 the writer made so much nice comparisons. I agree the SL is really cute but too much into her. That's why he's the SL 😂😂

@Sominah I also hope a lot of people will feel comforted and will laugh watchinh MMH. Whatever their generation

Somin is so funny really, I find her even more cute when she makes those funny gestures

Did all of you have watched ep 4? 

S P O I L E R  A L E R T 😁

I loved the "Tom and Jerry" vibes 

tenor.gif

Ja sung has really a good heart, he has to learn little by little about real emotions. He will... through Young won, that's why he's so angry 😂 everything is new for him. But he can't resist to react to her, her words, her attitude. His heart is starting to feel some new feelings (or buried feelings) but his brain has the whole control for now "stop stoooop" 😂

I like the fact that Young won didn't apologize when she pushed him on the chestnuts. Actually she did it but when he came back to pick her up. I can see that despite of her kindness she has her own limits 😎

They also developped a little bit the story of the other woman editor. Despite of her YOLO's attitude, she certainly has also so much worries

🏡🏡🏡Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞I want this to reach everyone n everywhere🙏🙏🙏

Already watched 4, so no spoilers for me😊😊😊

They made her pathetically poor n doormat like a pushover yet she doesn't look bad, spineless or greedy...her money saving mission and reusing broken things make her cute and adorable... and taking the blames for assistant and agreeing to pay that huge sum when you are trying to save a penny that makes her character so strong that you know she doesn't have money but a golden heart...n her monologues when she ask herself that is this embarrassment n humiliation is worth?? N her encouraging CEO emerge to push her more...

U feel like your own heart is sinking when she has to say yes to buy coffee and drinks... N you feel it's your money saved when she doesn't have to pay...(credit definitely goes to brilliant Writer- Director duo) 

Oh that breath taking moment for JaSung while adjusting her seat...he already told her that his help is not affection but pity... it's going to be difficult for him to confess later...

It's good that supporting casts is not there to fill the room, make a noise or crack a joke but each have individual story representing different housing issues...

Shin Gyeom is cute, understanding, nice boy... definitely need good SLS but I see the chances very less, very 50-50 coz JaSung the character itself a giant a dragon came out from the ditch😂😂😂

Overall those 4 episodes are very beautiful, entertaining, educational (one can learn not only to save money but to control the impulse) ... which gives you a hard Life's lesson in a hilarious way...

It's hard to wait entire week for the Next 🙃🙃🙃🏡🏡🏡🏡

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Have only managed to watch ep.1-2... such a fun drama to watch. The flying food scenes were hilarious. Those meat (pork belly?) look so delicious piled up on the plate, and the kimchi, wasted 😭😆

The life of NYW is despairing to watch. It’s like she doesn’t get a break from misfortunes. But that made her very resilient though. Love how she is always trying to be positive about what happened to her. I like that the issues she faces are relatable issues for this modern times. 

YJS is the classic prickly ML with a soft heart. Can’t wait to see more of his background story. KJS is just the right person for this role. So happy to see him being the ML again. 

The colleagues are a bunch of unique people as well. Waiting for more fun to happen at the very nice office building they work at. 

Stunned by the Han-ok. I would love to live in one of them 😃 The townhouses NYW wrote about as her first piece, I think those are where SKY Castle was shot. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Stunned by the Han-ok. I would love to live in one of them 😃 The townhouses NYW wrote about as her first piece, I think those are where SKY Castle was shot. 

Me too ....I wonder how much it cost. One of the things I love about this show is that every episode you get to see some beautiful home or place to stay. Especially now in the times that we live in , where you do everything at home - work , rest & play, this show reminds us about  how important having space is and how much that is a luxury . The issues the characters deal with feels pretty relatable I have to say.

--------------

Eps 4 reminds me a lot about the writer's style when she wrote Drinking Solo. Both her MLs there and here tended to be harsh type characters who didn't care about rubbing people off the wrong way.  If you had seen the Drinking Solo where Ha Seok Jin was the male lead, you will remember why they called his character Premium Trash and was called such by his colleagues ( and students). He was very smart & the best teacher in this super popular private academy in Noryangjin that helped students prepare for the  civil service exams , but he can be mean & didn't filter his words when he needed to tell someone off . Much like our Ja Sung here . The only difference I would say is that Ja Sung , even from very early on, has been shown to have some form of empathy and compassion despite him trying to pretend he didn't care.

The show's running theme is consistent - it is easy to make wrong assumptions based on half truths & rumors. Sometimes people are not always what they project. Our CEO is not an easy person , but he has clear principles and is not unkind. It wasn't only how he went after NaYoung once he realised he misunderstood her, I also really liked it when he visited that single mum whom they were suppose to feature an article for. I do think he intends to help her renovate his place.  Ui Joo flaunts a lavish lifestyle but who knew she was someone's mistress. She is living very much for the moment , but this means she is trapped in a relationship that she cannot openly tell others about. 

It was clear that Ja Sung bought this popular magazine to possibly leverage on its massive subscription. So from a business perspective, I can understand him only wanting to put up articles that can help to sell his expensive properties. But I think he overlooked the long term aspect of building a publishing business. If the magazine continues to be just pages of advertorial & moving away from its core & quality  content of showcasing how people from different walks of life lived, it may end up reducing readership . After all who wants to be paying money for reading direct/ indirect advertisements alone. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ktcjdrama 

welcome among MMH lovers 🤗

I'm also happy to see Kim Jiseok being the ML. I can't wait to see how his character will progress

@abs-oluteM I agree, we can easily relate. I just moved on in a new house some days ago and watching MMH made me want to take care even more about it. It's not easy to change your home, but wherever you live you can always make it comfy and warm. Like Youngwon 🥰

About Jasung is not as cold as his colleagues think. It makes him even more touching for me. Can't wait to learn about his past story. I'm totally rooting for him 😁

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
3 hours ago, SsomGem said:

welcome among MMH lovers

Thank you for welcoming me to the House! :smile:

Just finished ep.3... that last scene, must be just her imagination, right? Haha... Anyway, it's really sad that YJS does not want to get attached to a house by moving from one place to another place and couldn't be bothered to make it a home. That must be the effect of him being traumatised by having to move from one relative to another when his parents passed away. Whereas we see NYW decorating her new place(s) to the max to make it her own place.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Dragon-nim 🐲 with bruised ego is quite emotional in this episode, fire everywhere 😅😆 He's so prickly, and taking everything YW do personally. 

@Warm PawsI have to admit photographer looks dangerously delicious today 😋 I got to be careful not to involved into SLS again 😅 (I still can't remember his name, so I guess I'm not into him) Btw, any idea who Chan is that he call in the phone? He looks kind of handsome in blue trench coat, and looks more interesting now since his secret being laid out. 

Luckily dragon-nim improve in the end of episode. Still in denial stage isn't he? He drive 28k/hr and adjust her seat, so she can sleep well 😅 And then just like that the episode end... Sigh... One more week...🙃

• Haha 7

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw, any idea who Chan is that he call in the phone?

Isn't that the other guy who is always with him? His assistant?

LOL when he threatened her with a lawsuit as an exchange to get into the car. He's a goner, especially with the snail pace driving so she could sleep :laugh:

O, the house where butt accident happened... I think that's used by Liar Game? It's fun to recognise these places. I hope someone will make a compilation of the places.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

53 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

O, the house where butt accident happened... I think that's used by Liar Game? It's fun to recognise these places. I hope someone will make a compilation of the places.

Ooo let me ask @bluepebbles where to find filming locations

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

looks more interesting now since his secret being laid out. 

Hmmm. Why do I feel that he has a less chance to get NYW now that we know he's from a rich family? 😂 And yeah, Chan is the assistant. Funny that you forgot about him already. 🤣

Speaking of rich, I'm genuinely shocked with Eui-Joo's secret. I was expecting a twist when he actually met the person... Maybe there's more to it than just being a mistress?

52 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

LOL when he threatened her with a lawsuit as an exchange to get into the car. He's a goner,

Yeah. He's definitely a goner. 

Oh oh. And I forgot to mention, I do love the fact that at least part of the kiss scene was real. I'm glad that NYW actually asked the question. 🤣🤣 

• Haha 7
7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is a website dedicated for it, but usually it won't be updated that fast. I haven't gone there to check.

https://koreandramaland.com

ooo they have!

https://koreandramaland.com/jobs/?search_keywords=Monthly+House&search_categories[]=&submit=&filter_job_type[]=

This is the one of the Hanok House

https://koreandramaland.com/listings/knock-knock-heon-eunpyeong/

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

@SilverMoonTea dragon-nim 😂😂 Nice name. I love how the photographer looks at Youngwon, his stare is so sweet. His name is Shin G... something 😂😂  Jasung is clearly in denial 💯 He can't ignore her but he doesn't know why 

@Warm Pawsif she's a mistress I think there will be so much to explain. At first I thought she was his daughter, hidden daughter, can it be possible? She called him "rich guy" On her phone... 

The photographer has his own project, he doesn't want to settle in SK, he wants to go to USA. Youngwon will make him doubt I guess

Na Young won and Kim Ja sung 😁

IMG-20210625-175642.jpg

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

@Warm Pawsif she's a mistress I think there will be so much to explain. At first I thought she was his daughter, hidden daughter, can it be possible? She called him "rich guy" On her phone... 

Hmmm. Dunno why she needs to excessively dress up just to meet him if she was his daughter. We'll have to see. Really hope she's not. 😐

Just appreciating Ji-Seok's acting here: 

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama thanks for the links! I wonder how real the house they last went to is. The one with the bed hidden in the ceiling. 🤣🤣 Dunno how safe or practical that is. I certainly wouldn't want that, especially if there are kids around. 😅 imagine when one kid traps another kid below the bed. yikes. Interesting mechanism though. 😅 

• Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, SsomGem said:

She called him "rich guy" On her phone... 

The phone book entry literally means “Ahjushi with lots of money” so most probably a mistress. 

6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

The one with the bed hidden in the ceiling. 🤣🤣 Dunno how safe or practical that is. I certainly wouldn't want that, especially if there are kids around. 😅 imagine when one kid traps another kid below the bed. yikes. Interesting mechanism though.

I wouldn’t want that too, especially having such spacious place. What a hassle having to wait for the bed to come down before I can sleep 😆 But I can understand it if it’s for an apartment with limited space. Still, if you can afford installing that, may as well use the money to get another bigger place 😅

Here are other “safer” options

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

24 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wouldn’t want that too, especially having such spacious place. What a hassle having to wait for the bed to come down before I can sleep 😆 But I can understand it if it’s for an apartment with limited space. Still, if you can afford installing that, may as well use the money to get another bigger place 😅

HAHAHA TRUE. Such a big house yet you have to wait for your bed to come down. I've seen transforming furniture before, and they have one on the video you linked too. But the one on MH seems to be only supported on the back side, unless I saw it wrong. 😅

I do appreciate that the show is actually showing us different houses/properties, which I really wanted them to do when the show was announced. 👏 Did not disappoint.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

💔💔💔💔

IMG-20210626-111357.jpg

M so disappointed with ratings...I don't know why people doesn't appreciate good effort and good product like BTIMFL, TSHLYE n now MMH...this is serious heart break for me because my  wise girl chose the best product(as always) which is very real and near to almost everyone's life(she must have swiped  all those Best Actress Awards with each of her performance in those, but didn't happen) ... Why the hell people don't see the good thing and appreciate good art... are they living in dream world or la la Land why can't people see the good performance  with good story but the loud or dumb actings and idiotic stories???(have watched plenty of over hyped idiotic dramas with no Head and tails) I am sorry m bitter right now but I am really very pissed with the ratings... I am not sure if the people with that rating measure were real or non corrupted 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

@Sominah aawww. Don't think about it too much and just enjoy the show. But I do understand that it is what's important for the creators/producers, so yeah, it is heartbreaking. I've actually never looked at TV ratings before, I just watch based on how I feel about it.

I did compare just now, and I'm shocked that most of the shows start out at 3-4%. But, as a consolaton, BTIMFL's rating starts at it's lowest and ends at its highest. Let's hope that the ratings pick up, maybe when Ja Sung stops being too surly and really show his warm side. 🤣 I get that there a lot of viewers that may be a bit tired of this starting setup with the MC's bickering.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1