Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

I am laughing so hard at the Kiss BTS. After that peck JSM laughed &  hit KJS so hard. Why?

@SilverMoonTea can explain? This IG explained it in Indonesian. Apparently KJS gave a real kiss 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQr-_PtFHZc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am laughing so hard at the Kiss BTS. After that peck JSM laughed &  hit KJS so hard. Why?

@SilverMoonTea can explain? This IG explained it in Indonesian. Apparently KJS gave a real kiss 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQr-_PtFHZc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The IG said : Why SM hit JS? Cos JS give her a real kiss (until his head moving) instead of just peck/light kiss 😅🤣 In the comment the poster said the director said cut and call SM, while it's actually JS's prank, thats why she laugh 😆

• Haha 5
  • Shocked 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

According to this article, our boss from hell has started to praise his employees! Love does wonders ahahahaha....

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210629/107692375/1

(eh is this all the fan service oppa is going to give me , him in his gym clothes???? ) 

107692361.1.jpg

Kim Ji-seok starts praising the employees. The production team of JTBC's Wed-Thu drama 'Monthly House' (written by Myung Soo-hyeon, directed by Lee Chang-min) said, "The chain of compliments derived from this will become an inflection point for Kim Ji-seok's emotions.

The preview video of episode 5 of 'Monthly House' captured the strange Yu Ja-seong (Kim Ji-seok). He was seen taking turns giving compliments to the staff  of the magazine. A change of his cold-hearted 'nonsense' is surprising since this is the man who said  "Maintaining money is more important than maintaining dignity," and even calls for layoffs to those who oppose his opinion.

Monthly House staff refused to have a dinner party despite the suggestion of “I will have a dinner party in commemoration of receiving the award”. Even the editor-in-chief (Kim Won-hae),  who likes to spend as much time outside as possible to stay out away from home, escaped with some excuse . Because there was no employee who would like the CEO's dinner rule of '30,000 won per person, 2 hours limit'. So, after removing themselves , the staff  gathered separately, and Yeo Eui-ju (Chae Jung-an) lamented, "It's not a monthly house (referring to their workplace) , it's a monthly hell."

But after that day, Ja-sung will take turns giving compliments to the employees, and things will start to change. However it was not because he was affected by the gossip of the employees, but because he got a hint from a  book on how to become a 'leader who makes employees work well'. The purpose of praise is very selfish. The question is whether the "praise movement"  resulted in  a chain effect, and even Na Young-won (Jung So-min) said, “CEO, you are a really good person. I want to commend you.” If compliments make even a whale dance, how will Jaseong react to Young Won's  praise?

The production team said, "In the ending of  last broadcast, Jaseong, showed a strange emotional change for Young Won.  It was after he found out that Young-Eun had been working all night to correct the rumors that were not the facts surrounding him.” “Amidst all this,  Young Won’s praise will be another stimulus for such a change of emotions. Is expected. Please look forward to the romance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yay @ssteph:Party02:!  
———

From what I understand, KJS is going to be a guest DJ for SBS Power FM from this Wednesday . 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQshr7nlmQN/?utm_medium=copy_link

And his 1st guest will be JSM . Think it’s tomorrow 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQs2ODplPfd/?utm_medium=copy_link
They have  YT channel on their IG profile . Maybe they may post stuff there . 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

Many cute cuts from SBS Power FM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuQkhqFvuw/

The 3rd video in this IG post was hilarious since oppa messed up !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuZvrwFps2/

I scrubbed through the full video and they did talk about the drama. JSM and KJS seemed to have a lot of fun off & on air, both very animated . So it was nice to see though I didn't fully understand. They bounce off each other's energy and would do well in a radio show / variety together. Sample

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuQqBZFTAE/

---------------------

The pre-released video on Naver . I cannot see since it is restricted in my region. 

https://tv.naver.com/v/21059211

But from the Naver article, it is a cameo for this actress , Lee Jung Eun who helps to proof read articles  for Monthly House and has just returned from Jeju Island. She and UiJu  seem to have a cold relationship .

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210630_0001495152&cID=10601&pID=10600

NISI20210630_0000777657_web.jpg?rnd=2021

• Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Haven't had time to watch tonight's but will do so soon.

SBS Power FM did another cut just for the radio show this morning cause I think they got very positive response . I liked the bit they acted out a story from a book / comic. 

An article from Naver  (in spoiler)

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/318621

tkciemR.jpg

Spoiler

In SBS Power FM's 'Kim Young-cheol's Power FM' broadcast on the 30th (Wednesday), actress Jung So-min once again reproduced the chemistry shown in 'Monthly House' with special DJ Kim Ji-seok .

On this day, special DJ Kim Ji-seok joked , "I am the only man Jung So-min follows." So-min Jung answered, "After filming for 'Monthly House', I am preparing a new work. I came out to support Ji-seok oppa because he called me." He said he was impressed and thanked her.

Then, Kim Ji-seok joked further , "The Instagram follower incident has become more famous than I thought. Netizens would be more heartbroken to be unfollowed by Kim Ji-seok, would it be okay?" He said. "Thanks to So-min, the number of followers increased greatly. But she unfollowed me. As if I set the alarm. But it felt good to be unfollowed. It wasn't bad. It was sad because it was gone, but it felt like it was over, " he added with laughter.

There was a request to express the acting chemistry between the two people who are working together in 'Monthly House' in ten letters, Jung So-min replied, "Tell me what to do with him and my breathing", and Kim Ji-seok answered, "I like everything from one to ten," and everyone cheered. (probably sounds better in Korean since it is a play of words)

After discussing the theme of 'Passion', when Ji-seok Kim asked what she was passionate about these days, So-min Jung said, "I am passionate about my nephew these days. I can communicate a little bit with him,  and so I  watch his videos dozens of times a day," she said.

Jung So-min, who is the kind who is serious about food' said, "I used to have a lot of food cravings, but now I'm not. I've fixed it." Kim Ji-seok said, "I really liked how you ate very well. You chew it thoroughly and eat it all without leaving any leftovers. What did you eat this morning?." Jung So-min explained, "These days, I am obsessed over peaches and ate them for breakfast."

To Ji-seok Kim, who is serious about health, Jung So-min asked, "Do you usually take care of your health?", Kim Ji-seok replied, "I take care of myself a lot. If I don't take care of my body, no one can take care of me as much as I do." .

When Jung So-min asked, "I didn't see oppa drinking  juice at the scene, didn't you see me drink juice every morning?" Kim Ji-seok asked, "I saw it. Did you do it yourself?" And Jung So-min said yes, Kim Ji-seok  said, "Ah, homemade. I thought you bought it."

Then, when Kim Ji-seok said, "I used to only eat vitamins, but now I eat it with "Gongjin-jin" together, so I eat herbal medicine and Western medicine."  "Jung So-min said that she sympathized with me very much, " he added.

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Just checking some cute spoilers...

I always knew oppa was very good with physical comedy - this was hilarious. Can't wait to see the BTS for this

Best lines from Ja Sung

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Each episode is just getting better and better. I love how the writer has a theme for each episode as reflected in the title. :heart:

Within this episode, someone commented that he's never seen Ja Sung smiled before and at the end of the episode, we're shown his broadest smile ever. The dance is a bonus of course :smug:

It's so true that a house needs to be lived in to know the value of it. Same goes with a person. We need interactions before we can truly learn about the person real self. I laughed at his misunderstood personality by the employees. He was sincerely trying to praise them, albeit so awkwardly that it came across as not sincere but with a hidden motive. The employees were too alarmed by this sudden change of him giving compliments that they're determined to work hard and win his favour back. Ja Sung's objective of improving morale and productivity was still achieved, nonetheless :laugh: 

Ja Sung's motto is always to write an article so that people will buy the house (for investment), not for living in. It's not hard to guess that by the end of this drama, he will surely change his motto to be promoting houses for people to live in ~ a home. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Within this episode, someone commented that he's never seen Ja Sung smiled before and at the end of the episode, we're shown his broadest smile ever. The dance is a bonus of course :smug:

I laughed my head off  when this whale danced! I have to say that this episode was tight where the comedy was concerned. So good. 

I can't help but love how we are peeling off the layers to who Ja Sung is. He's arrogant and definitely full of himself. But given that he really is a self-made man (a dragon rising from the ditch) and  not a chaebol heir , I will say he can be proud of how far he has come  and I can understand why he "pats himself on the back" as much as he does. It can be off putting but to his credit , he is self-aware of his faults and does something pro-active to change that. Honestly I was scared for them when he started complimenting them , LOL!

One of the reasons why I think he is so good for Young Won is because he pushes her & helps her to grow. That from my experience & observation makes the best partnerships & marriages. His videos unlike the others don't molly coddle you. He gives you the hard truth but he tells you how you should work on it. I thought last week that he was going to renovate the single mum's house. But he did something even better for her - he taught her that it is futile to renovate a house not your own ( completely agree with this) and gives her solutions to lift her out of this poverty trap. They say you give a man a fish , you feed him for a day . You teach a man to fish , you feed him for life. That is what JS is doing for YW and for that mother. 

One of the things I love is the real estate investment tips. That shared house concept is fantastic - the ordinary person will see large expensive homes in the heart of Gangnam as a problem to sell (especially in a country with a birth rate that is so low), but a far-thinking  person like Ja Sung turns these problems into opportunities. I am learning a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

[Ep 5]

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Within this episode, someone commented that he's never seen Ja Sung smiled before and at the end of the episode, we're shown his broadest smile ever. The dance is a bonus of course 

Yeah, it was assistant Chang. I can't recall for past episodes, but for episode 5, he's sort of the negligible character but actually speaks the hard truth. 

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

That from my experience & observation makes the best partnerships & marriages

Wah! Hold-on. 🤣 I know that you're saying things in general... but are we already concluding that Young-won and Ja-Sung will get married?! I am not yet prepared... but that's what came to my mind when I read this. 

I agree with Ja-Sung's approach for his videos. People like the other videos because they're sugar-coated, but Ja-Sung speaks about the harsh reality. The truth is always a bit harder to swallow. I did find it funny when Young-won mentioned his subscribers. She kept on saying that Ja-Sung had so few subscribers... but 40?!?! 🤣 and I thought he was supposed to be famous in the business already. His videos give genuine advice, like the saving stuff, so it's not like his content is worthless for the average person. Maybe he had more subscribers but unsubscribed when he started talking about the serious stuff? 

Some random stuff: 

They showed that Ja-Sung turned on his notifs for Young-won's posts, which is such a nice gesture. But can someone explain to me what -_-;; is supposed to mean? 🤣

And just so we don't forget, what's left unresolved for me from episode 4 is.... the use of the chestnuts. Please photographer Shin, I want to know how those chestnuts were used on your photos.

Lee Jeong-Un's (Jeju/ Parasite woman) character felt a bit random. Is she going to be a recurring character? 

Also, here's 2 references I've found for this episode so far:

Spoiler

I just realized that their colors above are matching as well, with added blues.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
3 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Wah! Hold-on. 🤣 I know that you're saying things in general... but are we already concluding that Young-won and Ja-Sung will get married?! I am not yet prepared... but that's what came to my mind when I read this.

LOL....I doubt the show will go that far. That's why I used the word partnerships as well :D. But our boss from hell , I believe does not do things half-heartedly. So I think when they start dating , it won't be for a fling or something.  Nice catch on all the parallel scenes!

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

49 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But our boss from hell , I believe does not do things half-heartedly. So I think when they start dating , it won't be for a fling or something. 

When you put it that way, I think wedding is possible and then they show us their home  :love:

• Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM I was just kidding. Marriage seems to be a long shot, but who knows. I was kidding but not totally discounting it either... They both don't have parents right? So forced marriage and cohabitation just to appease the parents is a no-go. 😄😄😄 But I agree with @ktcjdrama, and it's what I've also want to see maybe towards the end. Ja-Sung finally having a complete 'home' with Young-Won. Maybe at that point they've completely switched, Ja-Sung has become the person that likes to splurge, and Young-Won now the person telling him to put back his wallet. 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Nice catch on all the parallel scenes!

Thank you! It's been a lot of fun keeping my eyes open for those. Adds more depth to the experience and gives more reasons to rewatch. 😁 I can't help but smile when I catch them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Text preview episode 6 - rough trans, with Google translator + Papago 😁

어떻게 신경을 안 씁니까, 이렇게 신경이 쓰이는데
영원의 칭찬은 자성을 춤추게 한다? 영원의 칭찬에 자기도 모르게 웃고 있는 자성! 한편, 영원이 살던 집에 문제가 생긴다. 자성은 갈 곳 없는 영원을 자신이 사는 집으로 데려오고, 영원에게 '네가 신경 쓰인다'고 고백하는데..! 둘은 한 집에 살게 될까?

How can you not care, you care so much
Young Won's praise makes Ja Sung's self dance? Ja Sung is smiling unknowingly at Young Won's praise! Meanwhile, problems arise in the house where Young Won lives. Ja Sung brings Young Won, which has nowhere to go, to his home, and confesses to Young Won "I care about you". Will they live in the same house?

•••

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/312/0000487507

This article call them 대빵이들 (대표와 나빵원) - Daebbangideul or DaeBbang? (Daepyo & Na Bbang Won).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Clapping Hands 4
3 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Maybe at that point they've completely switched, Ja-Sung has become the person that likes to splurge, and Young-Won now the person telling him to put back his wallet. 

This would be really cute . Also Ja Sung could do with the warmth that Young Won brings to the people around her.  OST 3 sounds great , though I cannot remember if I heard it in the drama yet. 

@ssteph thanks for the written preview. Cohabitation trope is a favourite of mine !

--------------------

A pre-released from Naver. I put in an accompanying article as I cannot see the video. But from what I understand there may be bed scene or are we getting trolled again???? :eeeee:

https://tv.naver.com/v/21079907

( 1st time I see them so happy in each other's company ! Must be the alcohol :D) 

BF.26811175.1.jpg

After the rooftop bar, Youngwon and Jaseong, who are having a dinner together again, are clearly having a conversation about 'real estate', but the atmosphere is unusual. Ja-sung is advising Young-won ,who is currently living with him, when she wants to buy an office-tel . Ja-seong tells her that , “Apartment is better," This is very unlike Ja Sung . The treatment is clearly different for Nam Sang-soon (Ahn Chang-hwan), who asked him for advice for  similar concerns. Then JaSung gave Nam an account number mentioning a large hourly consulting fee that Nam will have to pay if he wants Ja Sung's advice. 

For someone whose motto is "money is the most important thing in the world" , he shows a change. He declares  "I will not sell the place and will wait until you buy the house. " He is secretly smiling while looking at the Young Won who is so happy with this. The atmosphere of the two people, whose glances to each other have changed as much as the distance between them has gotten closer , is no different from that of other couples when they go on a date.

Moreover, at the end of the video,  with some scenes  omitted, Young Won and Ja Sung  were captured in the moment where they greeted the morning in the same bed. Could this be another imagination ,  just like Young Won's drunk imaginary kiss?  The production team of 'Monthly House' said, "The tremendous effect brought about by Young Won's compliment to Ja Sung in the last broadcast is scheduled to begin in earnest today (the 1st of July). There are also incidents that will bring the two closer together.” 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But from what I understand there may be bed scene or are we getting trolled again????

I couldn't play the video, but is it the one shown on the teasers where they shout after seeing each other? Since there's a drinking scene, maybe they got drunk? But wow, based on previews, I didn't expect them to move in together this early. Will she be redecorating at once like she did in her previous 2 moves? 

OST 3 is played when Ja Sung picks up Young-won after the chestnut incident. The song is nice, but its one of those songs that don't really have a strong first impression but once you know it, it does become quite distinguishable. Speaking of incident, Ja Sung didn't get beat up by Young-won on ep 5 (after the 4 episode streak), but everyone else got into a rumble. 🤣

Random GIF plug:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi 😊

I finally watched ep 5 🤣🤣

It was so hilarious, really, tears while laughing 😂😂

I love the cameo, she was so hilarious 👍👍

The chief editor also is soooo funny. 

When they fought into the elevator, I laughed so hard 🤣

And the sexy dance of Jasung of course. 

It's getting better and better and I'm really attached to each character. I'm interested in how each character will grow up. 

Jasung is really touching 

Big up to the scripter 👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@SsomGem this is my happy pill drama that I look forward to each week now. 

---------------

The fall of Ja Sung . Point of no return for a man who is falling in love

Spoiler

Our boss from hell has surrendered!! :eeeee:

My heart :wow:

Spoiler

By the way this same restaurant was used in Welcome to Wakiki 1

Confession!

AND THIS :Ghastlel:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 4