Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

3 minutes ago, LaLa said:

First few days after Young Won and Ja Sung have become a couple and we get so many cute moments! Forehead kiss, piggyback scenes, cheek kiss. Wah so many..

@abs-oluteM Ja Sung is turning into 2nd Jeong Won? Hahahaha :MewGiggle:

aahahah yes all my ships going through giddy moments. Make me worry if angst is ahead for all my drama watching.

I feel so bad for Nam now. Oh well , I wonder if he and Eui Joo will have a love line?

• Like 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

[Ep 9]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Episode 9 had me literally laugh out loud multiple times. This episode was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me, especially the beginning. Suspense (waiting for Young-won's reaction) then bliss (Young-won actually saying she likes him too!) then tension (Shin Gyeom showing up) then relief (awkward scene was immediately over) then giddiness (Jasung texting in the car) then awe (Young-won walking in in that dress!) all in the first 5 minutes!

I found 3 parallels this episode so far, two from CTMABAS and one from BTIMFL. First one is the confession scene. I tweeted about it last night and I'm happy my wish was fulfilled! 

Spoiler

In CTMABAS, they were asked to stare at each other for ten seconds and after that, they can either choose each other or a rice cooker. Jiseok chose Somin, but Somin chose the rice cooker. In MMH, Jiseok wasn't left hanging and they revealed their feelings are mutual! Hurray! Funny how in MMH, they actually did the staring more intensely. They both didn't blink once in the cut above! 🤩 I'm glad they did get to confess to each other at this point, and not towards the end of the show. 

Happy CEO is happy. He's so in love he's already forgotten everything he's been strict about. Rely on CE Go to remind him of things that he says and does. 

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Such a happy boy! Look at him skipping. I need to brace myself for things that will happen next though! 

Second parallel is the piggyback scene. I also tweeted about it before from the previews, but putting them side by side, the two scenes are really contrasting. Look at Jasung's smug look! 

Spoiler

The two parallel scenes from Came to Me and Became a Star is really just like an alternate universe. 🤣

Third parallel is from BTIMFL. Somin's character vacates the house and just leaves a note.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

aahahah yes all my ships going through giddy moments. Make me worry if angst is ahead for all my drama watching.

I feel so bad for Nam now. Oh well , I wonder if he and Eui Joo will have a love line?

I feel you! For sure this happiness won't last before we get to the ending. Unless the rest of the conflicts will be just about... housing?! Unlikely I guess...

Yeah, it feels like it'll be Nam and Eui Joo. I thought it was you who brought this up first before? Maybe it was someone else. I can see it but I don't want it to happen, at least for now. If I understand correctly, the guy Eui Joo is talking to is her landlord? I'm still not sure what her current situation is with the guy. Regardless, she'll have to learn how to let go of the lifestyle she can't afford. Maybe this is how she'll be different from cutie pie, who ultimately chose a life that Nam can't provide. 

I'm all for Shin Gyeom x Mira. Question though, isn't Shin's work studio in the same building? When they show his place, they use the MMH building as the establishing shot. Why not invite her to his studio instead of having her sleep in the library? Or maybe it's just still too early for that? But I like that this is getting somewhere, even if Shin doesn't know it yet. I can feel less bad for him now since I really want him to get over Young-won 🤣

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 4
17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahah  naturally the 1st reaction was to hide him the cupboard but they should have made up an act of them fighting over rent ...that would be very believable . LOL!

Haha!! Missed opportunity. I wished this happened because it would have been so like Ja Sung too. :laugh:

Pre-released clip of episode 10. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

hi!!! I just finished to catch up until the latest ep! At first, this show unique characters are kinda weirrrrd because it is has comical jokes but I'm hooked by the real estate/house/home idea. And then the development of unique characters (all the workers) backstory is really good too..

I liked KJS in Unfamiliar Family (yaaa, he is actually really gooood looking), even the nag him here is very comical, also his motivator mode speech lol. But there are much reason to fall for him.. How the drama stating he is the hard worker from the start that no wonder like rock hard and a bit weird. But he is really giving his best, even his leadership journey also softie.

Youngwon is a match hardworker for him. Although I kinda root for her to be more speak up about magazine has heart too, not just money! (But guess this show closer to reality/jokes about it haha). And the development of her writings is like not a focus anymore.. I wonder about that sometimes.

My fave by far is the ending of episode 7 and it's revelation to the ending of episode 9. Well told.

"To achieve your goal personal feelings are luxury. But when you get tired on the journey you tend to yearn from warmth. Of course, some endure it alone but they might be ignoring the fact that they are exhausted."

"In the moment of ruin where everything is lost, even if you're precariously hanging on, the day will come where flowers bloom and you can smile again."

All and all,

home = house + love :smile:

Shingyeom is a good man that will find another good girl, btw. And Nam too.. Ah 

:heart:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Yay @bairama happy that you're watching this too :wow:

----------

So happy that KJS is getting much love for this role :

'Monthly House' Kim Ji-seok, 'Yujaseong' charm doubles the three points of good deeds!

reporter name Reporter Lee Seon-jeong 

2267179_2258010_5815.jpg

'Monthly House' Kim Ji-seok is captivating the small screen with his irresistible charm.

JTBC's Wed-Thu drama 'Monthly House' is a drama depicting the romance of a woman who lives in a house and a man who buys a house. I am meeting with the disassembled viewers.

As the episodes go on, the charm of Yu Ja-seong grows even more when played by Kim Ji-seok. It enhances the fun of the drama  by realistically and vividly capturing the process of a selfish person who only knows money and himself, but is changed by Na Young-won (Jung So-min) who suddenly appeared in his life. In this regard, we would like to point out three points that we have no choice but to honor in 'Kim Ji-seok's Yu Jaseong'.

# Warm humanity

Yu Ja-seong thought of Na Young-won as a pathetic 'Na Bang-won'. It was because she was living a different life unlike himself, who was successful by collecting money like crazy. However, knowing Na Young-won's past life similar to his own, he felt a sense of unity and started helping her. When Na Young-won was in a difficult situation, he appeared like a black knight, and each time Na Young-won posted a posted on the cafe (forum) for My Home, she wrote a cheering comment with the nickname 'Dragon'. As it turns out, through Yu Jaseong, who was equipped with a warm humanity, Kim Ji-seok's  hot performance with a temperature difference that goes back and forth between poles  will gradually make viewers immerse themselves in him.

# Clumsy but sincere lover

After Na Young-won started to worry, Yu Ja-seong went through a brief 'irregularity', but soon acknowledged her heart and decided to go straight. In the past, Yu Ja-seong often hurt others without paying attention to their feelings with sharp words and actions. In addition, in this process, Kim Ji-seok gave excitement by perfectly becoming a completely different person when standing in front of Na Young-won after starting to become aware of and accepting her own feelings with his eyes, attitude, and tone of voice.

# Passion for acting that is immortal

Kim Ji-seok's passion for acting, who is not afraid of being embarrassed, is also an important point. Including the beef bomb scene where Yu Ja-seong and Na Young-won first met, the kimchi terror scene in which he was covered with kimchi, and the chestnut tree scene where he sat on a chestnut full of thorns and complained of pain. After meeting Na Young-won, Kim Ji-seok does his best to capture the turbulent days of Yu Ja-seong, bringing laughter. In particular, the whale magnetic scene, which he became a dancing whale at Na Young-won's praise, was constantly talked about after the broadcast ended, and his pleasant appearance provoked automatic thumbs up.

Kim Ji-seok's passionate performance, which breathes life into the character like this, continues to receive favorable reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

[Ep 9]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Episode 9 had me literally laugh out loud multiple times. This episode was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me, especially the beginning. Suspense (waiting for Young-won's reaction) then bliss (Young-won actually saying she likes him too!) then tension (Shin Gyeom showing up) then relief (awkward scene was immediately over) then giddiness (Jasung texting in the car) then awe (Young-won walking in in that dress!) all in the first 5 minutes!

I found 3 parallels this episode so far, two from CTMABAS and one from BTIMFL. First one is the confession scene. I tweeted about it last night and I'm happy my wish was fulfilled! 

Hide contents

In CTMABAS, they were asked to stare at each other for ten seconds and after that, they can either choose each other or a rice cooker. Jiseok chose Somin, but Somin chose the rice cooker. In MMH, Jiseok wasn't left hanging and they revealed their feelings are mutual! Hurray! Funny how in MMH, they actually did the staring more intensely. They both didn't blink once in the cut above! 🤩 I'm glad they did get to confess to each other at this point, and not towards the end of the show. 

Happy CEO is happy. He's so in love he's already forgotten everything he's been strict about. Rely on CE Go to remind him of things that he says and does. 

giphy.gif giphy.gif

Such a happy boy! Look at him skipping. I need to brace myself for things that will happen next though! 

Second parallel is the piggyback scene. I also tweeted about it before from the previews, but putting them side by side, the two scenes are really contrasting. Look at Jasung's smug look! 

Hide contents

The two parallel scenes from Came to Me and Became a Star is really just like an alternate universe. 🤣

Third parallel is from BTIMFL. Somin's character vacates the house and just leaves a note.

Hide contents

awesome, how about that similar hand stopping the door moment in MMH before forehead kiss and in BTIMFL before asking can we sleep together tonight ?? That u give a miss 😂😂😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
12 minutes ago, Sominah said:

awesome, how about that similar hand stopping the door moment in MMH before forehead kiss and in BTIMFL before asking can we sleep together tonight ?? That u give a miss 😂😂😂😂 

Wah! Nice catch! I've found it now. Most of the scenes that I remember are from the first parts of the show so I didn't remember this detail that much. But I knew exactly where to find it! Thank you! 

There's probably a lot more details that I miss. Right now I'm only spotting ones that I do remember but maybe when I rewatch BTIMFL after all this, I can find a couple more. Rewatch party?! 🤣🤣

43 minutes ago, Support_Somin_n_SG said:

Is this scene referring to KJS’ previous varshow? 😂😂

LOOOOOLLL! 😂 Probably! I don't know the show, but just aware of the title since @abs-oluteM mentioned it in the Home Sweet Home ship. Ahhh. They keep on throwing easter eggs. So fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Yeah, it feels like it'll be Nam and Eui Joo. I thought it was you who brought this up first before? Maybe it was someone else. I can see it but I don't want it to happen, at least for now. If I understand correctly, the guy Eui Joo is talking to is her landlord? I'm still not sure what her current situation is with the guy. Regardless, she'll have to learn how to let go of the lifestyle she can't afford. Maybe this is how she'll be different from cutie pie, who ultimately chose a life that Nam can't provide. 

ahahaha...I think I did. I am watching too many dramas that I cannot remember what I even said. LOL. But you know I agree that this is not the right time for it to happen. Sang Soon just broke up with the love of his life, and is not in the correct mental state. (Did feel very sorry for him that the whole office found out the way they did :zzzz:) . Plus looks like Rich Guy is not her daddy but her Sugar Daddy ? Or are they trolling us ? Maybe he is her father and she is the daughter from another woman. Anyhow , I was surprised about her commitment phobia. 

Yes @Sominah , Problematic Men was the variety that KJS was in.

---------

My favourite bits from last night was how Ja Sung tells Young Won about her being amazing and making him so happy. And of course how JaSung thought he was so lacking because he has never dated. He thought he made mistakes because of he was such a noob at this . But Young Won's response was so sweet assuring him otherwise. What YW sees is his sincerity and the fact that he is quick at correcting himself and making effort to learn.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

48 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I cannot get over this :lmao2:

Did you see this unreleased cut ? They did not include it in the episode but JTBC put it out. KJS surely have flashbacks to his idol days! :eeeee:

• Haha 2
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

All that eccentric colleagues actually start to grow on me. Especially on relationship of the chief editor, Ui Joo, and Nam. UJ kept reminding chief that he will regret for being petty on Nam, and he finally did when he knew cutie pie & Nam brokeup. 

I think they all work together for quite long and also know a lot of things from each other, they often being petty too but in the end felt they're like family. Also when they quarel in the lift with the other competitor group was LOLs. 

Lastly, 🐲 in ❤ is quite powerful hahaha... He become 🐶 actually 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Just finished ep.9... LOL... only less than 10 minutes in and I laughed so much already. What an awkward break after a confession from both sides, haha... no privacy at all because of Gyeom's appearance... And then the extremes of trying not to be found out by Ja Sung, but he was still smooth enough to leave her with the biggest piece of abalone. 

Who can resist meeting Gong Yoo and Hyun Bin? Did Ja Sung really miss that event the previous night? :shocked: What a waste of a VVIP invitation!! 

I really love the confession Ja Sung made by the door of unit 707 :wow: a sudden quick peck on the forehead and then "You're the first person who make me be this happy. You're truly an amazing woman", then at the end of the episode, we have Young Won saying similar thing after a sudden quick peck on his cheek "You're the first person who make me be happy all day. You're the truly amazing man." I thought this is a good start for a good relationship, both being aware that they may be lacking for the other person, but their worth is being reassured and reaffirmed by the other person. 

That blue bag reveal at the end though... wonder how will that change the dynamics between the buddies.

Poor Editor Nam... cried with him for the ending of his cutie pie love. It happened still rather early now, so I think he should have a chance to develop something with Editor Yeo.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

[Ep 10]

Was sort of occupied with something else when I watched the episode, but still found it fun. Maybe I can rewatch soon. 

I enjoyed it when Young-won and Jasung started calling each other more casually. Jasung now calls her Young-won instead of Na Ppang Won! I kept on repeating the part where Young-won replied to Jasung's text and said "oh my!" 🤣 Love it. ALSO, good job that conscience Jasung decided to show up again, and he's not taking any of that Ja-sung-sshi business. 😅

I also enjoyed that it was Shin Gyeom and Chang who were assigned to baby sit Editor Nam this episode. They couldn't say or do anything since Nam was their senior. My favorite was when they were eating lunch, it made me laugh so much. I know we're sort of supposed to feel bad for him (maybe not?), but this might be the first time I have actually come to like him and his scenes. His actions always kinda irked me. Looks like Ui-joo will be the one taking care of him on the next episode! 

For this episode, I haven't found any distinct parallel scenes yet. Maybe this one?:

giphy.gif

However, is the phone investigating thing a Voice reference? I've only watched a bit of one episode of season 4 sorry @SilverMoonTea but from my understanding of premise of the show, it's what the female lead does, right? 🤣

giphy.gif

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

This is such a healing drama. I find myself laughing throughout the show. It's fun and somehow makes me feel grateful. I didn't think I was the kind to love such genre but I'm in love with this. Every character is unique and relatable. And I love those house analogies.

After the struggle to find a place to live in it's nice to see that YW finds joy in relationship. I'm quite scared for a moment that it's going to be push and pull but he gets the courage to take the first step. It's not grand but the confession feels romantic. He's such a sincere man but find it hard to express himself and it makes the the show appealing. Gosh! All the characters are just weird and special in their own ways. Seeing them misunderstand each others at work is the funniest. Poor our couple. I feel he is so harsh even if it's just an act. Still, it's so fun. I hope JS doesn't find out gyeom's attraction towards YW, I hate it that he has to give up for him since he's just started their relationship.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

All that eccentric colleagues actually start to grow on me. Especially on relationship of the chief editor, Ui Joo, and Nam. UJ kept reminding chief that he will regret for being petty on Nam, and he finally did when he knew cutie pie & Nam brokeup. 

I think they all work together for quite long and also know a lot of things from each other, they often being petty too but in the end felt they're like family. Also when they quarel in the lift with the other competitor group was LOLs. 

ah sameee. They are so eccentric at first made me think 'what the..' hhhahahaha but actually start to grow on me. And ep. 10 have a highlight about that, how home is filled with these long-time relationship people, so that they already know you so well & know what makes you comfortable.. Good to know the writer's intention is that, I think. 

"The more time passes by, the more radiant and old manor becomes. Relationships are like that, too. The longer the relationships, the stronger it becomes." - Ep. 10

Youngwon Euijo here :heart: and it is applied to relationship between co-workers of Monthly Magazine tooo~

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o