Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

Eps 12 recap Part 2/3

Spoiler

- Flashback to the night before. His heart was hurting as he carried drunk YW to the bed and covered her with the blanket . He wanted so much to touch her head , but held back. She grabbed his hand in her passed out state and told him not to go. And he did hold her hands.

- Mi Ra brings some food for SG - she told Chan he can have some too making the latter think Mi Ra likes him. Chan thinks MiRa using SG as an excuse to show him her affections. How wrong he is.

- Staff meeting with JS.  Chief asked JS if they could use YW to write special articles instead of doing the promo stuff for him so as not to waste her talent. JS agrees. I guess JS does not want her with him - Chief has to help JS write those promo articles till JS finds another free lancer. ahhaahah 

( feel so sad for YW).

- UJ tells YW this is a blessing since now YW can write freely and creatively. It doesn't make YW feel better of course.

- UJ tells SG that Chief will replace YW - SG wondering what happened to JS and YW given the animosity

- SG goes to see JS as per preview and tells him off - why date her if you were going to break her heart. SG was like you're the worse sort blah blah...(( hello SG, it is because of you urghhh))

- Nam , Chief & the two younger staff have dinner on Nam who is happy about the rise of the price of his apartment

- YW goes home - OMG even video JS reminds her this is her ex BF's house...

- Chief follows JS for his surveys - they do some highlight of a lovely space that doubles up as a home and workspace for a pottery artist owner. Haha surprisingly  Chief knows his stuff and all the basics of real estate to JS's surprise. Later he finds out it is because YW had told him to memorise it. JS accidentally call Chief as editor Na . LOL ( he misses her for sure) .

-  Oh no - Nam really has no luck with housing. Something bad happened - he might lose his apartment because he can't get a loan due to his low credit rating. He asked Chief for help but Chief's money is controlled by his wife. Chief says ask UJ for help since she got her deposit back. He says he can't as he still has a conscience. UJ overheard.

- YW and SG have work meeting- she realised for her presentation she accidentally type JS's name instead of the architect's but actually she didn't - she was just imagining. LOL everything she sees Ja Sung's name in it. SG and UJ both feel bad seeing her like that.

- Chan had asked Mira to go on a date - he wrote her a note. He asked the other girl if she had seen it. Then she tells him that it is SG that she likes. He runs to try and take the note back. . Long story short he managed to do so.

- YW sees JS in every person - from school kid to delivery boy to a lift full of people.

- Nam thinking of taking a loan from loan shark. Suddenly he sees money coming into his account. UJ so good she lend him ...ahaha this two really best of friends & worse of enemies.

- YW is in JS's house - she was like I don't understand , they start bickering ...ahaha it was only his dream - so he misses her a lot too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I must say I am disappointed with the writer for using such a typical, cheap drama trope and introducing noble idiocy. Sigh. I don't think Gyeom's accident was him being reckless or too heartbroken. I do (want to) believe it was pure accident. Nevertheless (lol), it became a plot device for noble idiocy to happen. I am annoyed too. I fully expected Gyeom to move on and find love in that other girl.

This omg. Such a moodbreaker for the drama. I was like: NOOO PLS :///// (for the trope choosen) @abs-oluteM said in twitter this 2021 do we need this kind of trope? :///// hope they do something different in eps. 12 just plssss

• Like 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

Eps 12 recaps - part 3/3

Spoiler

- YW in a mess - her apartment full of tissue etc everywhere. She took her phone and she realised she told the home community forum that her BF had dumped her.

- UJ and SG came to take YW out to the countryside for some fresh air since it was the weekend.

- Poor Chief rather come to the office than stay at home in the weekend. ahahaha he saw that JS had done the same....JS in his depressed state even moving his table around...Chief told JS he is here to write article. bahahaha actually Chief just wanted to relax in the office. But he can't now thanks to JS just observing what he does.

- UJ, SG and YW arrive at a pretty countryside home....Nam comes to join them ( SG invited). Nam calls UJ - Queen Yeo ! We find out from Nam that actually it was JS who gave SG's parents the country house as a gift. YW secretly overhears how UJ and SG had planned this to cheer her up. So she tries to cheer up

- JS going crazy ahahahaha he is even rearranging the entire library and the books.

- YW and gang go to a nearby playground - she tries her best to be happy so the rest don't feel bad for her.  ( they think it is working)

- SG and YW talk- SG tells her he hopes she stops hurting and gets better soon. Karaoke time etc...
(a lot filler scenes in this episode)

- Chief goes to JS's room and sees the book about that JS was reading ...then he finds JS busy cleaning out the staff pantry and forbids Chief to help him. JS's way of coping is to keep busy. Finally when JS accidentally cut his hand, Chief sat him down to plaster the cut and had a heart to heart of sorts. Chief says that the best way to get over heartbreak is to let it be as it takes time. 

- YW actually pretended to be happy,. She wrote in the forum that she thought she could get over it but she can't. She misses him and she just wants to go "home". Ja Sung reading it cries a river

:pandasadspoon: ( urghhhh JS stop being an idiot)

PREVIEW

SG finds out the reason that JS broke up with YW was because of him and tells him off. And he finally had some sense knocked into his head and goes look for her. Nam and UJ may have some development but Nam finds out about "Rich Guy"!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Did they change the clip? The version I saw is not Sunbae but Kim Rae Won's drama/movie?

Oh ...mine is still Sunbae. 

@bairama @mademoiselle ya I am salty about all this noble idiocy. Especially for this one where the reasoning is not strong enough. In A Poem A Day , writer avoided this trope once the OTP got together. 

YW should make him suffer abit  :lmao2:

Preview

With subs in spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, this is the best noble idiocy ever... I love this writer! Instead of moping and feeling angsty, I was laughing so much...

I was sipping my tea when Young Won was furiously pressing the lift button for it to open for her. Had to pause and quickly swallow my tea put down the cup because the next second I was laughing out so loud seeing the lift-ful of Ja Sung. :laugh:

And then the dream of Ja Sung where Young Won was scolding him that he is the one who invited her to his house so she cannot leave his house :laugh:

Looks like they will get back together next week? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

34 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Looks like they will get back together next week? 

Looks like it ...or at least he has come to his senses...

I want BTS of this scene :Sin:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76116ea28fe4b1c8491b60

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Episodes 6 - 7 

- I really enjoy KJS's antics as the stingy but adorable YJS. He's very good at pulling all the comical moves that make YJS both annoyingly immature and endearing. Ever since the first episode I have been charmed by him saying "Stop!" What made me laugh in these episodes were the very threatening compliments...They were all so backhanded when delivered through YJS' mouth :laugh:

- I laugh a lot at the misunderstandings between YJS and NYW, but I guess it's been awhile since I watched a traditional tsundere CEO rom-com because it does drive me a little crazy at times when they misunderstand each other over something really, really small and YJS blows super hot-and-cold towards NYW - eg. when YJS gets cranky and makes her stay back and write an article way before deadline because she gives compliments to everyone and thing. I mean he's still pretty harsh at times in ep 6 and 7....when it's clear that he likes NYW and should show it, damn it! :pandaheadstomp::pandaheadstomp::pandaheadstomp:

- That subscription crazy NSS nearly pooping himself in line for the subscription was such potty humour but I couldn't but laugh. It's nice that his colleague UJ did come to help him! Will these 2 be a pair?? :lenny:

- The scene of YJS and NYW having dinner at that Japanese restaurant under the blossom tree was so cute and warm...it reminds you of dates that have been easy and fun to go on :BulbaOWO:

- I think so far Ep 6 featured one of my favourite luxury properties surveyed which is the pet house! They had such crazy facilities for the doggies...and it was just such a fun and outrageous concept for a house. Wonder if it's real? :thinking:

- I love that the water damage in the apartment set up one of favourite rom-com tropes: Becoming accidental housemates...that's when the real romantic tension starts...so was super excited to see them end up somehow in the same bed! :laugh:

- YJS looking after NYW during the night was totally sweet :heart::hearties:

- Haha, poor Chief editor always tries so hard to suck up to the CEO and YJS totally contradicts him every time especially when he kept accidentally linking NYW and YJS together not knowing they lived together :laugh: 

-Gyeom royally stuffs up as a second lead here by pre-empting all the things NYW needs just by overhearing her conversation...haha he tries so hard to be helpful by driving her to the station and buying her ticket, but it's so far from her real plans. It's very rare that the second lead gets things so wrong (this sort of stuff up is usually first lead territory) that it was oddly funny. :laugh:

- Finally, we see more of YJS's sad backstory...can't believe he grew up in a van :letalQQ: No wonder he was motivated to by as many houses as he did.

- The ending of this episode was so sweet and says volumes about what the value of a home is compared to a house. YJS has been missing the feeling of home and security, but has mistaken it to just be financial security. NYW, waiting for him and greeting him on the saddest of days, was quite touching :heart:

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Looks like it ...or at least he has come to his senses...

I see pleasant spoilers! :MonkaTang::smug:

• Heart Eyes 6

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Wow ep 12 was soooooo beautiful ❤

Sadness, but a beautiful sadness. 

I loved it. 

I hope Youngwon won't return to him too easily 😒 his words when they broke up were so hurtful. I really liked her reaction when she was drunk and went to his house to complain. It's a normal/human reaction for a sudden situation, when you don't understand something it's even more painful.

I liked also shin gyeom's and yoo uijeo's reaction. Supportive friends. 

Her speech at the end was so sad😭 

I liked to see Jasung's progressive reaction to this breakup. Even when I wanted to hit him 😅, I still felt his deep sadness. 

But I also laughed, the scene in the elavator with all these Jasung 🤣🤣 when they sang at the karoke 😂😂 

I can't wait to see how all the other characters will grow

The scripwriter did a really good job, I love this drama. All the feelings are here, a perfect balance

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

[Ep 12]

I liked the episode overall. Even with the somewhat forced conflict, the episode is still true to the show's character. Fun, airy, and not overly dramatic. 

In dramas that go through this kind of sad phase, the characters do stupid things - they whine, they get drunk, they cry their hearts out. Sometimes it's so exaggerated that I can't help but laugh by how absurd things get. In serious dramas, the intention is for the viewer to empathize with the characters or to evoke the same feelings. In MMH, they're just playing around that trope and they still intentionally want to make us laugh amidst the conflict and sadness the characters are going through. I think they were able to finesse it in a way that you get to be heartbroken but still laugh it out. 

One thing I appreciate is that at least they're not hiding the feelings of both Young Won and Ja Sung from us, versus just knowing the perspective of one party. I would have hated it if they didn't show how Ja Sung was struggling through all this as well. 

Random stuff:

I know its sort of an emergency and all, but c'mon, why can't Ja Sung just message or call Young won before or even while going to the hospital? 

I think this episode was the most lines we got from Joo Hee (the girl with the mask and always on the phone). Funny how she was just relaying Ui-joo's messages though.

I laughed SO hard when Ja Sung was crying at the end. Literally LOL'd!  Why?? Cause: 

Spoiler

LOOK AT THOSE TEARS 🤣🤣🤣

giphy.gif

I mean... if it's not meant to be funny, I'm so sorry. But the way they're just dripping looks so comical to me. 🤣

I've found a surprising amount of BTIMFL references this episode but they're a bit subtle so I'm not quite sure. I've noted 9 right now but might turn out to be less after I look at them closely.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
8 hours ago, SsomGem said:

Even when I wanted to hit him 😅, I still felt his deep sadness. 

I felt the same way. Wanted to smack him for being so mean, but could also understand that he himself is hurting. 

5 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I know its sort of an emergency and all, but c'mon, why can't Ja Sung just message or call Young won before or even while going to the hospital? 

This is just like how someone goes overseas for school/work/training for two years and never communicated when technology is so easy and convenient now 🙄 or a chaebol never flying back to Korea even once when they’re loaded with money to buy first class air tickets, or even afford a private jet. 

5 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I laughed SO hard when Ja Sung was crying at the end. Literally LOL'd! 

I laughed too... one tear drop is more than enough, especially usually the positioning of the phone/book/letter is not under the dripping area 😆

• Haha 8

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@bairama @ktcjdrama thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one that laughed at the crying scene. Makes me less guilty. 😂

11 hours ago, SsomGem said:

I hope Youngwon won't return to him too easily 😒 his words when they broke up were so hurtful. I really liked her reaction when she was drunk and went to his house to complain. It's a normal/human reaction for a sudden situation, when you don't understand something it's even more painful.

Aahh. I like this. It's true, the break-up words were a bit too harsh, especially since it came out of nowhere. Was it just the night after they celebrated Ja-Sung's birthday?

Here's one of the parallel scenes I've found for this episode. It's one of my favorites so far. Short and simple. 🤣🤣🤣

giphy.gif

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Haha 6

Oppa looking so handsome in these BTS stills

More on this Naver post: https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=32020762&memberNo=53659214

E69MozrVUAEuEdq?format=jpg&name=small

E69MozxVoAIN8jQ?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

E69MozsUYAALxk5?format=jpg&name=small

OST 6

3 hours ago, SsomGem said:

@Warm Paws it was the same night, he left to the hospital while she was waiting for him after eating his birthday cake together. The same night she said she loved him 😒

It was super cruel. She needs to torture him abit  before they reconcile :smug:

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

The episode make a flop to Jasung character. Forced breakup to fill up episodes 😓 Gyeom not even badly injured or anything. 

The sad thing about the breakup, they're not even official in public to start with. So she can't mourning the loss of it with her colleague. For Nam breakup, at least everyone is aware and give him support. 

Well at least this Ui Joo and Nam potential coupling (I think they will soon?) is quite cute. @Tofugive you motivation to go through ep 12 lols. 

Gosh now Gyeom look attractive in my eyes @abs-oluteM😆 I'm weak with dimples!

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

17 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The episode make a flop to Jasung character. Forced breakup to fill up episodes 😓 Gyeom not even badly injured or anything. 

yea such a down. Its not make sense both in feel and logic sides. Hard to finish ep. 12 :MonkaTang: instead, the side characters carry on.. 

30 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

@bairama yes she's so funny 😂 I love her character. She seems to be strong but like everybody she has her own failures. She's such a good friend for Youngwon

yesss so on point. Euijooo, I love her as Youngwon's friend & cowork

• Like 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@SilverMoonTea Jasung always wanted to protect Gyeom, he's like a little brother for him. I can understand that he decided to break up, he sacrificed love for friendship/family. His parents are dead, Gyeom is his only family. 

I hate how he behaved with her, we know that his cold side is just a protection. But he had always been so kind with Youngwon even when he didn't have feelings for her. 

His heartless attitude wasn't necessary, I guess that's how he handles with uncomfortable/painful situations. 

Cut off suddenly. 

I hope that Youngwon won't get to him too easily

So sad 😭😭😭

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Well at least this Ui Joo and Nam potential coupling (I think they will soon?) is quite cute. @Tofugive you motivation to go through ep 12 lols. 

Hahahaha!! I will watch it this Monday, one episode a day. By the time I'm at episode 12, it will be closer to Wednesday. I only want happy moments. :niu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Episodes 8 - 10

- The sad thing about the blue bag is that NYW think's it's an expensive gift and feels uncomfortable getting it, but to Gyeom it probably isn't that costly. What's more, even when she's trying to guess who gave it to her, she guesses Dragon who is YJS...so she's just fated to be with YJS :idk:

- Haha YJS reverts to stingy behaviour when he's jealous. I laughed that he told NYW not to waste time in the car and go back to work and she asked him for company card to catch a taxi :smile:

- Oh poor Gyeom! He was so happy typing that email and preparing flowers and cake, but she just returned the bag :letalQQ: Second lead life, huh? But I'm so pleased to see he discovers Mira's secret and is helpful to her. She's so cute and has such a big crush on him! It's rare that the second lead has a chance at finding a girl worthy of them...but I think Mira is so sweet in this series ...I hope he notices her because I back this second pairing strongly!

:wow::wow::wow:

- Poor NSS - I had a feeling he would finally get a housing subscription but lose his girlfriend! Isn't that always the way of the world, you gain one thing and lose another! :letalQQ: Haha, there is so much potty humour around him...but it does make me laugh. Especially when Chan and Gyeom thought he was going to kill himself, but it turns out he just needed to poop on the way to the volunteer spot. :laugh:

- Many romantic moments in Episode 8 - YJS was so sweet to let her pick out all the furniture so she would comfortable at his place. And then when he catches her as she falls :heart: And finally the confession...it felt like it took awhile to get to this point! YJS's  "YES!" reaction in the car where he was super happy after the confession was so funny...:laugh:

- Wow, NYW looked so pretty in that black dress! :hearties: I don't blame YJS for not being able to take his eyes off of her at this point! :MonkaTang:

c0J1dAh.gif

- Although I understand NYW's feelings of shame after overhearing YJS telling someone off for having no savings, as well YJS pretending to be extra mean to her to cover up them dating, I did feel quite tired of the extent of the misunderstandings (like can things be not totally hot and cold for just one moment), though it was funny that YJs thought he had been dumped after only 1 day of dating :laugh: 

- But dating in a way that no one knows proves to be quite tricky! It's a good thing they could take trips out to survey houses (ie. do piggybacks and eat shrimp) and get away from UJ and other  workmates  :BulbaOWO: I'm glad they chose to tell UJ first so that she would back them, though it was a process since she was so angry at first (but they also seemed to have the most chance of running into her in their off time :heiboi:)

- You know what was cute....NYW's apology to her friend UJ - I love that she got rid of her cigarettes and filled them with rolled papers of compliments - the old fashioned way to play the game. Friends are the best! :heart:

- Finally they kissed in episode 10! I think this has been quite a wait for a kiss compared to other dramas I've seen this year, but it was a nice scene under the fairylights, so at least it was pretty! :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

17 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

MBTI 

Ui Joo's one is the most surprising! 

My Drinking Solo feels! So happy to see Premium Trash (Ha Seok Jin ) and Park Ha Sun reunite for this cameo

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1