Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

O gosh, this writer is so creative... :laugh: just how many more ways she could think of to thwart our lovebird's attempt to have a proper first date. She is good because it has happened so many times and yet we're not feeling it overdone. 

ROTFLOL when the ost of I Believe from My Sassy Girl came on while Editor Choi was resting his back and shouting to Ja Sung from afar. 

The two poor clueless guys stuck with a brokenhearted Nam :laugh: And looks like there might be a love triangle brewing for Gyeom-MiRa-Chan? 

Then we have Young Won is channeling her super hearing ability? Is she gonna join the Golden Team as Kwon's apprentice? :laugh: O gosh, I LOL so much when their secret is blurted out by Ja Sung.... LOLOLOL.... Lesson learned (do apply in RL, readers, LOL): don't jump to conclusion, always clarify before butting in an argument. 

Yeo Ui-Joo is savage in her revenge...:laugh: but I love that she softened up when she saw Young Won's sad face. Love the friendship they have.

The kiss!... It's sure been a while since I see a dugun-dugun kiss, right @abs-oluteM?  That rare "yay!" feeling we get when we see the OTP kiss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Yey! Found one!

I must say, this is so relatable. 😆

Spoiler

I'm happy I can now do this comparison thing with video, it makes it more evident how similar the sequences are. It's nice that they are able to add a twist or do something creative to make it "different", like covering with hands instead of the blanket. I wonder how they directed and shot these parallel scenes, it must have been really funny. "okay, we need you to roll around like this... just because." 🤣

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

O gosh, this writer is so creative... :laugh: just how many more ways she could think of to thwart our lovebird's attempt to have a proper first date. She is good because it has happened so many times and yet we're not feeling it overdone. 

I agree! So good! Props to the writer. The entire drama is centered around cliches and tropes, but they are still able to make it feel fresh. And even after all the "reused" scenes, it certainly doesn't feel old. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 4
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The kiss!... It's sure been a while since I see a dugun-dugun kiss, right @abs-oluteM?  That rare "yay!" feeling we get when we see the OTP kiss. 

ahahahah yes memories of Bossam haunting me still  cc @1217akkum4  and @SilverMoonTea:pandahehe:

This drama never fails to make me happy . It is a breath of fresh air among so many romance or rom-coms I have watched this year. 

The kiss also suit their personality 

@TiBo1518In the BTS it was so funny ...the piggy back carrying scene , he was teasing her after that. Hahaha think must saying she is heavy , and she held him by the collar. These two clearly have a lot fun shooting this show. 

• Like 5
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

In the BTS it was so funny ...the piggy back carrying scene , he was teasing her after that. Hahaha think must saying she is heavy , and she held him by the collar. These two clearly have a lot fun shooting this show.

I like how she grabs on to him after he lets her down and almost never lets go, and it's like for every take. 😉

The tweet you posted got me thinking. It's true that we don't know anyone else that calls Jasung by his name. Everyone calls him daepyo. Shin Gyeom, the closest person to him that we know, probably only calls him hyung. He has no parents. It must have been a while since anyone called him by his name. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 5

In other dramas, we are the ones to complain about when are the couples gonna ever change the way they address each other. There are even couples who got married and still don’t call each other by name. Here, second day of being official, Ja Sung complained already and they actually changed so fast, but alas, it’s a secret workplace romance :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Here, second day of being official, Ja Sung complained already and they actually changed so fast, but alas, it’s a secret workplace romance 

Jasung smitten all whipped by a name call is really entertaining, we sure need it more, but alas, it's a secret workplace romance lol:laugh: I can't wait the way chief editor will know about their ship. Euijoo self already entertaining :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

I like how the writer included our actors' previous work in their dialogs: Kim Ji Suk = Problematic Men and Jung So Min = Soul Mechanics (aka Fix You). The plot of Fix You was FL having issues and the ML was the psychiatrist helping her. 

20210716_001801

Jung So Min previous drama.

Screenshot_20210715-233159_Chrome

Edited by TiBo1518
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 7
8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

In other dramas, we are the ones to complain about when are the couples gonna ever change the way they address each other. There are even couples who got married and still don’t call each other by name. Here, second day of being official, Ja Sung complained already and they actually changed so fast, but alas, it’s a secret workplace romance :laugh:

You know the interesting thing is that international audience can never understand why even after dating , some couples still address each other by their profession name and speak in honorifics.  And very often in online shipping wars, the other ship will use this as a reason to say that the other ship is still not comfortable with each other . ( hahah I had this experience with A Poem A Day). Must ask @stroppyse to enlighten us on this.

I am still laughing hard at this cover up that Ja Sung had to cook up when she accidentally called him Ja Sung - shi:lmao2:

JTBC posted these selfies ...one is before & one must be after the kiss!

E6bJ87IVkAIpFbn?format=jpg&name=small

E6bJ87JVEAIj4oa?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am still laughing hard at this cover up that Ja Sung had to cook up when she accidentally called him Ja Sung - shi

That was one of the hilarious moments of this episode! He is smart and I wouldn’t have thought of the excuse of going by first name basis at work. Reminded me of wwwSearch where they go by first names at the office, English names no less. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Ohh I thought Ja Sung would find out about the bag and they would address the one sided love that puppy Gyeom currently has on Young Won but he didn't see it. And from the preview, I guess it will be addressed in next week episodes. I hope both men can talk to each other truthfully. Both didn't let the other one know about their affection for Young Won but Gyeom is being careful because he previously hide the fact that he's from rich family and don't want to put burden on Young Won. And he being younger man might also influenced his hesitation to take the step. 

The family vibes between Chief Choi, Editor Yeo and Nam are actually nice and kind of make me jealous. They are really have a good and warm friendship. Even though they are bickering with eachother almost every time, but when one is feeling low, they will make sure to comfort and lend their ears and shoulders. 

Next week must be a very touching moment for Ja Sung. After his parents death, there might be no one who celebrated his birthday and Young Won will be there for him. And to come home while having someone to greet and give you a surprise for your birthday mudt be so nice after all the loneliness he had to spend before. May they are always stay happy together :mine:

@abs-oluteM I also wonder if this drama will only have sunny and rainbow episodes without angst... There is this Ja Sung hater that kept sending him hate message for one... Or maybe that already solved? :thinking:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

@abs-oluteM I also wonder if this drama will only have sunny and rainbow episodes without angst... There is this Ja Sung hater that kept sending him hate message for one... Or maybe that already solved? :thinking:

It just feels like there's no major angst but I do think all the characters here have been suffering one way or another. For instance , I was actually quite annoyed with the Chief in eps 9 about how he kept pushing Nam to help him get hold of the super tutor . Clearly he was being generous only because he wanted something back. But I supposed Chief himself has such a tough time at home , so I can understand that he was desperate. Then I see that Eui Joo is looking very put together on the outside with all her expensive looking clothes , but clearly she is so messed up inside. With regards to the main pair, I don't forsee anything separating them except if the problem comes from themselves. SG is not a big enough catalyst to have any effect. JS and YW are both not the wishy washy sort anyway.

I don't remember them solving the stalker who sends him hate message...they have not brought it up in the last few episodes. 

OST 5

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Hello all! I just started this one and it's past the 2 episode test, so I'm pretty sure I'll watch on :CharmanderYay:

Episodes 1-2

- Have to admit I came to this drama for the following reasons: I heard there were lots of pretty houses to look at, Everyone (but mostly @abs-oluteM) seems to like the chemistry between the leads, JSM is rumoured to be the next female lead across from LJW in his drama, so I came to check out how she's like since I've rarely seen anything she's in :heiboi:

- I don't normally like the cliché tsundere CEO trope, but for some reason, this one doesn't bother me too much. Maybe because Yoo Ja Sung's character has some consistency because he is a stingy guy and his backstory is self-reliant, self-made man from tough situations, so I can see why he is the way he is? :idk:  Also he's not unreasonably mean, mostly just VERY stingy (which is fun since dramas always seem to make CEOs too perfect...I am enjoying his stinginess as a character trait :laugh:)...I can see from the previews things will heart up from episode 3 onwards?! :MonkaTang:

- The down side with his stinginess is that I can't believe he gave her a house which someone died in??? :lettalKWA: Although I'm guessing there's more to that story. I'm liking the sharp twists at the end of these episodes which seem to indicate that YJS is bad news...but will be proven otherwise?...Right? :smile:

- Haha, being in a similar stage of life, I feel like I could really use with YJS's house-buying tips and tricks...if only he could pop out and remind me not to spend money :laugh:

- I feel like there's a lot of unfortunate drama land heroines, but Na Young Won is high on the list with unfortunate life events and accidents...especially since she almost always seem to send a lot of messy food flying across YJS or his car! Hahaha, the events in this drama are pretty far-fetched in a fun way...but oddly realistic because of the housing element (ie. how hard it can be for a working class person to buy property) :mine:

- NYW was so nice to cover for her junior when that fancy chair got set on fire! Though that assistant was pretty hardworking and nice  :BulbaOWO:

- Oh my god, it's JGJ! There's something so bubbly and sweet about him and I've liked him since Extraordinary You...but he's always second lead. I see it happening again...hello SLS :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

21 hours ago, JenL said:

- Have to admit I came to this drama for the following reasons: I heard there were lots of pretty houses to look at, Everyone (but mostly @abs-oluteM) seems to like the chemistry between the leads, JSM is rumoured to be the next female lead across from LJW in his drama, so I came to check out how she's like since I've rarely seen anything she's in :heiboi:

Yay ...so happy you are watching this. JSM is a lovely actress and apart from this show I also love Because This Is My First Life ( 100% recommended too)

• Heart Eyes 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Soompi article explaining bits of the BTS

Watch: Jung So Min Adorably Struggles With “Monthly Magazine Home” Piggyback Scene + Kim Ji Suk Makes Ratings Wish

TV/FILM

Jul 19, 2021

by S. Cho

JTBC has shared a new behind-the-scenes clip for “Monthly Magazine Home”!

934866c9d9d44ba382c923d8a132886e.jpeg?s=

In the newly released video, Kim Ji Suk and Jung So Min are filming an emotional confession scene when the director yells “Cut!” Kim Ji Suk then hilariously explodes into cheers out of excitement about going home.

While filming at Naksan Temple, Kim Ji Suk hangs up his wish for “Monthly Magazine Home” to surpass 15 percent in viewership ratings. He calls Jung So Min over and tells her as a prank, “Did you see this wish that someone put up? It’s no joke. They said it was already here.”

Next, the two film their piggyback scene, struggling to figure out how Jung So Min can jump on Kim Ji Suk’s back in one try.

vid in spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Haha. The BTS with the kiss. They gave such a long one 

I posted some translations on the ship thread if you’re interested 

Spoiler

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

Looks like new stills of UiJoo & Nam

Drama is slowly but surely gaining more buzz. This should be Good Data Ranking which looks at which drama gets a lot of online discussions.

• Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Some interesting comments by the recapper on Drama Beans. Some bits that I agree with:

We’re slowly getting to see more of Ja-sung’s softer side. While it creates a bit of whiplash at times, I think it also helps me understand him better. Like his outbursts at Young-won to cover up their secret relationship, his harsh and cold attitude is also just that – a cover. That’s not to say I don’t think he sometimes has a hard time relating to other people or seeing things from other perspectives, but it does paint him as not nearly so unfeeling as he often presents himself.

The thing about Ja-sung is that he’s generally sincere, if oblivious. His openness with Young-won about his vulnerabilities – like feeling clumsy as a boyfriend – was refreshing to see, as was his desire to remove professional barriers when speaking to each other. And it’s not just about calling each other by name instead of title – there’s been a definite shift in that he takes her opinions much more into account instead of always putting himself in authority. When he does overstep, it feels more like an honest mistake than an attitude of superiority. For example, he gets so adorably proud of himself every time he thinks he’s saved them from getting found out. I can kind of understand why Young-won just laughs and lets him take the credit.

----

Something I’ve come to love about this show is the way it pairs the “house of the day” with whatever is going on between the characters, and I especially liked this episode’s comparison of a long-standing friendship with beautiful old buildings that have stood the test of time. Like a building, relationships of all kinds require maintenance and care, or they’ll deteriorate. But the longer they last, the more beautiful and valuable they become.

More here: https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/monthly-magazine-home-episode-10/

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

@abs-oluteMvery well said! I agree with all of them.

Each episode having a theme that relates the built environment with our lives is very effective. It's also what makes BTIMFL work so well. The monologue ties the episode together and gives a sort of summary. It also makes everything feel well though out. It's the icing on the very scrumptious cake.

Just to add while I'm at it. One thing that had a big impact for me on ep 10 is how Ja-Sung defended their relationship to Ui-joo. Sure, he's been a bit fed up with her with all the blocking she did that day. But him exploding like that, to me, shows how serious he is with the relationship and how he'll defend Young-won when needed. 

I do like that the cover up phase seems like it'll be over sooner rather than later, especially with the preview with Shin and Chan. I think it's a nice pace so that there will be more time for other phases of the relationship.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Ohmaigaddddd - Drinking Solo couple

Park Ha Sun and Ha Seok Jin will cameo . Both have worked with the writer on Drinking Solo. Ha Seok Jin is also KJS's bestie IRL

E6yJZt5VoAAJC7a?format=png&name=small

And BED SCENE???? Pre-released. Even k nets said that we're just getting trolled. I can't see it as there are regional restrictions, but maybe some of you can. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Shocked 1